[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what games have similar combat/bosses to this one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Ys-VI-The-Ark-of-Napishtim.jpg (78 KB, 650x373) Image search: [Google]
Ys-VI-The-Ark-of-Napishtim.jpg
78 KB, 650x373
what games have similar combat/bosses to this one?
>>
Ys Origin
Ys Oath in Felghana
Ys Seven
Ys Celceta
Tales of Nakiri Dungeon X
Nayuta no Kiseki
>>
>>323000731
This.

However that sweet, sweet elemental sword mechanic ended up being exclusive to Napishtim for some reason.
>>
>>323001709
Most Ys have a different magic system or gimmick.
>>
>>323001709
Well, Yunica gets a fire sword but her other two elements are both the same weapon.

I still prefer having magic that's basically an extra 3 moves than a screen wipe nuke once in a blue moon.
>>
File: ys.png (163 KB, 650x514) Image search: [Google]
ys.png
163 KB, 650x514
This a Ys thread?

Got Ys 1 on the winter sale, how do you kill this thing? I've spent like an hour retrying, and I'm only on normal.
>>
>>323003612
Git gud

No really, that's the only way to beat him. Don't get hit.
>>
>>323003612
Get an extra level or two.
>>
>>322998372

Have you tried the other Ys games? There's kind of a lot of them.
>>
>>323003612
>>323004253
Just bear in mind the level cap in this game is 10. You lose the ability to OP your way through the game about halfway in.
>>
>>323004008
Yeah, no.
Getting good is fine and everything, but if you can't at least tank a couple of hits just in case you get unlucky that boss is just retarded. The windows of opportunity are too narrow and brief.

I get getting good against the bat vampire boss because there it's at least mostly up to how you maneuver and seize your chance, but that fire boss is just "wait until you are allowed to strike, and hope you don't get fucked in the ass".
>>
>>323005597
You realize you can stand on the outside and watch without ever taking a hit right? You literally never have to go near the fire through the entire fight.
>>
>>323005694
Sure, but you have to hit the boss at some point, right? So what do you do if he never teleports near to where you are? Do you just stand there forever?
>>
>>323007050
This, the boss should just beat himself. I shouldn't have to put in the time or effort tbqh familia.
>>
>>323007050
Wait until the fire has receded

Hit boss once

Back off

Repeat

EZ
>>
>>323007050
You figure out the timing of the fire, run back and forth between the flames while they're receeded, and hit him when he spanws near you. He moves often enough that you'll get a hit in on him pretty frequently and if that's not fast enough for you, you can manipulate how he teleports if you're confident with your timing on the fire.

I mean he's playing on fucking normal mode, I beat that guy in like 15 minutes on nightmare mode, he's not that bad, you just can't bum rush him.
>>
>>323007104
>>323007148
>>323007351
Sure guys, it's not like everybody complains about that one boss.
The chances to hit him occur completely at random, and if your level is too low any mistake means getting killed right away, so either way it's exasperating. The bat boss is hard if not harder, but at least the difficulty is based around learning his movements and striking at the right time, not waiting forever for a chance to arise.
>>
>>323007804
>The chances to hit him occur completely at random,
He spanws based on your position
> if your level is too low any mistake means getting killed right away
Not on normal unless you're level 1
>The bat boss is hard if not harder, but at least the difficulty is based around learning his movements and striking at the right time, not waiting forever for a chance to arise.
Vaguillion is 100x harder than the first boss, the first boss is piss easy once you realize you can just watch him until you learn the fire patterns.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.