[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw really want to play FFVII but the disk scratched and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Dutch angle.jpg (182 KB, 640x449) Image search: [Google]
Dutch angle.jpg
182 KB, 640x449
>tfw really want to play FFVII but the disk scratched and Bugenhagen's speech keeps bugging out in the middle and cleaning the disk with windex and a handcloth does nothing
It's a unique feel.
>>
Just emulate it. It will still be great.
>>
>>322994932
I'm already like a quarter through the game. I don't want to replay all of that.
>>
>>322995156
To be honest you'd probably need to replay it to understand what's actually going on anyway.
>>
>>322995156

If you've got a PS2, install FMCB on it and just transfer your save to a flash drive and stick it on your computer. Might have to convert it for a PSX emulator, I don't remember, but 15 seconds of Googling will tell you how to do that.

If you were playing it on the PS3, I'm not sure how to go about it, you might be able to just transfer the data to a flash drive, stick it on your computer, and do what I told you do already.
>>
>>322995424
Thank you for the advice. I may follow it if my attempts at fixing the disk don't work, which I'm sure they won't.
>>
>>322994615
Swapping the disk always helped me get through spots like that
>>
>>322997345
OP here. I tried swapping the disks just before the cutscene that causes the problem. With Disk 2 it plays a cutscene of Cid's plane taking off, then freezes. With Disk 3 it just glitches up altogether. The sounds of the normal cutscene keep playing in the background right up to the sound that signifies that end of the cutscene and the beginning of the glitch freezing the game.
>>
>>322997513
Rough. Maybe just buy a new copy or get it on PSN/Steam and transfer the save
>>
>>322994615
Have you tried blowing on it?
>>
>>322997732
I'm playing on a PS2.
>>
>>322998045
Pretty sure there's not terribly hard ways to transfer that save to next gen.

Failing that, resurface the one you have or buy a new copy.
>>
>>322999039
A disk resurfacer costs more than a used copy of the game.
>>
>>322999150
You can have it done at a shop. I've done it with good results.

And yes, getting another copy is not expensive or hard, so what are you waiting for?
>>
>knows shinra was to blame
>still decided to burn the town instead of just going after the plant on the top of the mountain

This was such an unrealistic action.
>>
>>322999628
What? At that point he'd decided that the whole world pretty much belonged to him and Jenova. Burning some small village to the ground was nothing to him.
>>
>>322999487
It's thirty dollars, but I'll check out a used game store and ask if they do paid resurfacings.
>>
>>322995156
Then you're not enjoying it m8
>>
>>322994615
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>322999628
>going after the plant on the top of the mountain

Which he was doing until Cloud rekt him.
>>
>>322994615
Stop making this thread you fucking autist.
>>
Windex doesn't work. Apply a dab of baking soda based tooth paste and rub it in using a cloth or tshirt in small circles (like you're polishing something).
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.