[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why exactly does this game's combat feel so fucking good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95
File: bloodborne.jpg (50 KB, 375x416) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne.jpg
50 KB, 375x416
Why exactly does this game's combat feel so fucking good?

Why is Bloodborne so much fucking fun?
>>
>>322983318

I dunno, OP, but I'm with you.

I've got about five different characters and can play around with all the weapons + frc chalice dungeons at various levels. It's awesome.
>>
>>322983536
I just wish you could combine bloodgems to get better ones, farming is so annoying
>>
Damn it, I'm trying not to give in and get this game so I can save my money, but threads like this aren't helping.
>>
>>322983318
The colision detection is so fuckin, you always feel the steps solid. The controls are responsive as fuck too with 0 lag. I dont know what else. But after learning to play, the life exchange, locking and delocking transformations combos, etc. Its just amazing, crazy good. The best combat ive ever seen in any videogame. I have no idea how it did not win goty.
>>
I prefer Dark Souls.
>>
>>322985680
Also you can go back, you just can back to other games after this one. I tried to play Witcher 3 after this.... dear god. The only thing that i can imagine that comes close to this is the gunplay in Stalker.
>>
>>322985768
There's a new sequel to that coming out this year.
>>
>>322985768
Dark souls is my favorite in the whole series, but combat wise its not even close.
>>
>>322984924
You're missing out. If you own a bloodborne machine, you should own bloodborne.

>>322983536
This. This game is great and all of the criticism is bullshit at best.
>>
>>322985680
Because everyone loved the game except "muh pvp" faggots supposedly because of the lag

But thats only because its running on Playstation Network, just need to wait for the PC release coming soon hopefully
>>
File: 1451862597383s.jpg (2 KB, 125x108) Image search: [Google]
1451862597383s.jpg
2 KB, 125x108
>>322983318
coz its easy
>>
File: 18.jpg (879 KB, 1444x690) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
879 KB, 1444x690
So far my favourite weapon is the scythe, I love being able to let out my inner edge.

I don't have the DLC yet
>>
>>322985965
Really? Because Dark Souls' combat was really fucking bland (I had to force myself to finish that game) and this game's combat looks basically the same from what I've seen
>>
>>322986454
Its way more fast and responsive. In a way that playing a souls game again feels like the character is moving in water or something.
>>
File: stats.jpg (87 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
stats.jpg
87 KB, 1024x576
How is my stat distribution looking right now? Took this right after I beat the Shadows of Yharman. Right now I'm just past Rom and shit's really popping off.
I'm using +6 Threaded Cane
>>
File: frog.png (69 KB, 241x196) Image search: [Google]
frog.png
69 KB, 241x196
>tfw going back to dark souls 2 after playing bloodborne
>that slow clunky combat
>>
>>322986454
The fact that you quickstep when lock and roll when delock ads more movement and speed. The quick step is superquick and you can quick step forward to sort jump at the enemy. Also theres no shields at all and you always need to atack when you get hit to exchange heatlh and recover some of it.
>>
>>322987058
>theres no shields at all
there are 2 shields, but they are shit
>>
>>322986938
This
I can't play Souls games anymore
>>
>>322986938
>tfw keep trying to go back and play ds2 dlc
>can never make it past lost sinner without wanting to kill myself

Bloodborne ruined it.
>>
>>322986454
There's an item description that really nails one of the key differences. There's only one shield in the game that I know of and it's a rickety little thing that says "Shields are nice, but they create passivity." You are much more reliant on dodges, which are much faster and much more effective than DaS. I realized recently that one of the reasons I enjoy it so much is because it feels like I'm Evade Lancing in Monster Hunter
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_pRM57CAcA
>>
>>322986454
For the limited weapon pool, there's a surprising amount of nuance between each weapon.
>>
>>322987687
Fuck that boss fight. That's the only one where I actually needed a co-op partner
>>
>>322986910
If you followed Eileen's quest you can get the Blades of Mercy which is one of my favourite skill weapons in the game. Also, after Rom is where shits starts getting really good.
>>
>>322987535
the dlc added another shield
it has 70% damage reduction to magic/fire/lightning, so it has some use
>>
>>322987832
It was the best boss of the game for me, and the hardest. I still haven't played the DLC.
>>
>>322986938

Funny how you say that about the original Souls games.

I can't go back to the original Souls games AND Bloodborne after discovering the speed, responsiveness and depth of games like Devil May Cry 3 and Bayonetta 1.

The SoulsBorne games feel so simple and slow in comparison.
>>
>>322987687
outta my way executioner fucking shit
>>
Combination of good animations, good controls, no input lag.
>>
>>322988060
>That moment when he puts his sword on the ground and the fucking Gate of Babylon opens.
>>
Going to get this game.

Is there a version of the game with the DLC, or do I just have to buy it.
>>
>>322983318
Alright so how do I beat chalice dungeon Rom with Simon's bow blade

Pthumerian Descendant was already bad enough, and I don't have a Chikage for my bloodtinge build.
>>
>>322988071
Completely different type of games. DMC relies heavily on combos and both games control different.
>>
everything in this game is good except chalice dungeons
shit is dumb, just be a boss rush mode
>>
i wish i didn't have to do the chalice dungeons for gems to PvP with other people
>>
>>322988196
>Is there a version of the game with the DLC
in europe and japan, not in usa
>>
>>322988071
Thank you, now only if we were to replace RPGs with these system it would be glorious. These games are the pinnacle of gameplay, but no, weebs and PC gamers will complain that somehow, choosing action from a menu system is somehow "tactical" and has more depth compared to DMC3, Bayo 1 and Bloodbrone, lol ok. Even Baldur's Gate on PS2 had a better combat.
>>
>>322983318
Because it's casual enough so it makes your average ass Creed players feel good.
>>
>>322988192
It was amazing. They always ad things like that. You think you know the boss and then they throw some shit like that. Like Dark Lurker splitting in two.
>>
it's souls combat, which is already pretty good, minus the defensive turtling, slowness, and clunky animations

what's not to like?
>>
>>322988301
I wish I didn't have to do the chalice dungeons for the platinum. It's the only trophy I'm missing.
>>
>>322988071
Those are completely different games, but okay.
>>
>>322986224
You'll love the saif then.
>>
>>322983318
Because it's literally Shadow of Mordo combat with less challenges.
>>
File: ddd.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
ddd.png
216 KB, 393x391
>>322988429
this guy gets it
>>
>>322988429
No it's not. It just encourages rapidly countering and aggressive gameplay. The main difference in gameplay is no poise and encouragement to attack more or back rather than trying to just bait attacks with a shield up or waiting for a moment to heal.
>>
>>322983318
you press a button and things happen, and they look cool, so it feels good.
>>
>>322984924
Stop being cheap and buy it dude.
It's a shitload of fun, especially if you already own a ps4, It's easily the best PS4 game Sony has to offer.
>>
>>322984924

Just get it man, why fight it?
>>
>>322988071
Not really but whatever. I played the fuck out of DMC series and bayonetta, and you can't really compare the two. One's a fast paced, arcade-y beat em up and the other is a slower paced, action rpg with emphasis on atmosphere and patience.
>>
>>322986910
Looks great for a skill build. Consider bringing bloodtinge to 25 after 50 skill and getting your ass to cainhurst for the reiterpallasch and the dlc for rakuyo. Decent bloodtinge compliments skill builds nicely.
>>
If one weapon from bloodborne got into DS 3 what do you think it would be?
>>
>>322988470
yeah that was hell and it is the main reason why i don't PvP at all

i'd rather start a runthrough with a different weapon and co-op occasionally than grind for hours just to stand a chance at winning pvp fights
>>
I really like bloodborne because of the atmosphere and theme.
The graphics are really good and the combat is enough to keep me interested. Wish the DLC was longer, but I'm happy with what I got.

My policy is when I buy a game, I put in the same amount of hours that I paid for (for example, if I buy a $60 game, I want to spent at least 60 hours playing it).
If I can't do that much, I consider the amount of money I spent on the game worthless.
I put in 3 times that amount, so I'd say it was money well spent.
>>
>>322988262
>>322988475

I'm talking about the responsiveness and the speed. Of course shit like level design and enemy placement will feel different and can't be compared, but in terms of combat feel they definitely can be compared, as they are all action-based games.

I mean, people constantly compare the combat of Skyrim and Dark Souls. These two are FAR more different in terms of combat than Bloodborne and DMC3/Bayo1.
>>
>>322988747
hammer
>>
The game is extremely easy, you can beat most things by spamming light attacks.
But at the same time the animation, design and sound effects of the monsters give them a very powerful vibe, so it's accessible but give people instant gratification.
>>
>>322988832
none of those are similar
Dark Souls feels more grounded and realistic imo.
>>
fuck. i fucking suck shit at demon's souls since bloodborne was my first game in this type of series.

what the fuck man? the nexus is so comfy, but everything else is so slow. i hate my stupidity for starting with BB.
>>
>>322987228
>Loch Shield
>blocks blood/arcane faggotry
>like bullets
>or Chikage
>shit
>>
>>322988286
not really, i spend a lot more time getting good loot in chalice dungeons than fighting bosses in them
>>
>>322988832
You know, now that I've played both Souls (currently playing the first one) and Skyrim, what COULD be done to make the combat system better in Skyrim instead of button smashing galore? Can it even be done in first person?
>>
>>322988747
some variation of the holy moonlit sword, since it is in every game

but the only weapon i want is either the beast cutter or the chikage
>>
>>322988896
>The game is extremely easy, you can beat most things by spamming light attacks.

Name one from game where this isnt true
for bloodborne i needed to hit heavy or hit multiple so light attacks wont cut it
>>
>>322983318
Honestly doesnt feel THAT much different from other similar games.
I do praise the idea of mixing slow attacks, with fast dodges (with no lag in the dodge). Though that alone is an opinion, and doesnt make it better quality than other games.

But I can only guess the main reason the combat is as enjoyable to most people, is that roughly 90% of people tend to play games with an "offensive" playstyle in mind.
And this game allows you to heal damage you take, by attacking quickly enough after taking dmg.

Essentially you have the perfect combination to make a game tailored to the majority of players who favor "Offensive" play styles.

You spend more time attacking with slow animations, and less time watching a dodge animation, AND You have to be MORE aggressive than usual, to keep healing yourself up.

For defensive players like myself, the game is just fine, but tnohing OMG SO AMAZING!

But I'm in the minority, so speaking objectively, it was a great build.
>>
>>322988747
>Hopes
Saw cleaver
>Expectations
None of them
>>
>>322986037
It'll see a PC release right after the PC release of a demons souls

>>322985680
It was goty

If you're talking about main stream gaming journalism, you're only going to see casual mass appeal shit because they're not actually rating goty.

I worked as a game journalist for years and every goty was: we want the phrase "YOUR favorite game is the best!!" To apply to as many people as possible so that readera will give us views
>>
>people who never played it calling it easy
>>
>>322988739
what weapon are you using with your skill build? i tried out blades o mercy but not really a fan of them as much as i expected
>>
funny how sonyfags manage to delude themselves into unironically believing the combat is any better or different at all from even something like w3

>situational dash/roll dodges options
>situational light/heavy attacks
>quickslot usables to throw (bombs/molotovs/lures) or heal/buff (pills/potions etc)
>nearly every enemy in the game boils down to diagonal dodge forward when the enemy lunges then attacking its flank (assuming you're not cheesing which both games present equal opportunities to do so)

its pretty much all the same shit, at least in dark souls you have to git gud and time rolls for iframes, you dont even need iframes in bb to win everything effortlessly
>>
Does anyone else hate the amount of clipping in these games?
>>
>>322988832
Nigga, I'll agree with you on DMC/Bayo being more responsive than the souls series, but bloodborne is nearly on the same level as them. Everything else is incomparable because theyre different games, mechanics wise.
>>
>>322988967
Who the hell starts with that second too last game in a series?!
>>
>>322989207
Its also true that they dont give gotys to exclusives ? What about sex and bribes ?
>>
>>322989267
what game would you recommend then, >mrpcmasterracefag
>>
>>322989267
W3 is better though.
>>
>All these trick weapons to choose from
>End up Hunter Axing through the whole game
>>
>>322989009
i dont think this was a game for people who like to grind mmo styles
the chalices are boring as fuck
>>
>>322989309
not him, but technicaly i started with demons souls, but didn't actually finish it because i was young and a scrub

having played BB now when i can appreciate the style of games more, i plan on buying DaS3 and beating demon souls
>>
>>322988071
I totally agree with that. However I was able to play Bloodborne after playing Bayonetta between Bloodborne and DaS2.

Souls games are more like a zen experience, very RPG-like and I'm not talking about the RPG elements. Low stress, methodical, and a bit grindy. By the time I played Bloodborne I knew exactly what to do: spend your souls; look both ways before crossing the street. You just have to do a bit of thinking and you probably will overcome your challenges.

DmC and Bayo is like work. Like mastering a fighting game, Rocket League, or DotA. You don't get better by thinking. You get better by looking up techniques and toning muscle memory.

When I'm alone I usually want to play something like Bloodborne; frequently when I'm with friends I'm looking for the high intensity gameplay. I have to admit it's kinda hard to talk while playing Bayo.
>>
>>322989441
I pretty much stuck with the cane throughout the entire game. I got too used to it's reach
>>
>>322988071
Different aesthetics.

You're going for a traditional heroic power fantasy. Souls and bloodborne are an underdog aesthetic.

It's the difference between "mash attack and watch every enemy explode" and "enemies are stronger than me, so I have to avoid them and whittle them down when they expose themselves"

They're aiming for two different experiences and both souls and dmc/bayonetta do what they set out to do quite well.
>>
>>322988380
The problem is that RPGfags make up the majority of the SoulsBorne fanbase. These are the people who loudly insist on keeping things like stats and stamina.

The funny thing is that these RPGfags are the people who like to say shit like "I love so-and-so SoulsBorne game because it is my skill that carries me through the game, not my stats or my gear."

They say these things as if the SoulsBorne games are the first games in existence that reward skill instead of having stats be crutches. It's as if they've never played platformers like Mega Man or Ghosts N' Goblins or action games like Bayonetta or non-RPG shit that is pure action and no stat crutches.

I think that Bloodborne 2 could at the very least remove the stamina bar and have the game be much better. After all, stamina management is almost non-existent as it is in Bloodborne.
>>
>>322983318
Get level 70+, go do old hunters, get to Orphan Kos, then get back to me.

You'll change your opinion of the game, guaranteed.
>>
Is there any reason to hang on to those insight giving items? I've got about 30 insight right now and a ton of Madman's Knowledges. Should I just pop them all right now?
>>
>>322989260
I'm rocking Reiterpallasch and Cane, but I'm going to upgrade the Rakuyo and Bowblade as well. Reiter and Bowblade are why I suggested 25 tinge, though the latter benefits most from tinge because the reiterpallasch gun form is strong even at base because it gets power from physical gems. Rakuyo is strangely named because it's a European sabre with a dagger sticking out the bottom. It comes apart as two weapons just like the blades of mercy but is much longer, has a moveset I much prefer, and is buffable with fire/bolt paper. You would probably enjoy all of these, honestly.
>>
>>322989424
id say something like mgr or dmc that at least doesn't tryhard to be "muh hardcore" and just goes for fun factor, or as i mentioned das/des for some sort of tactical depth
also i own both high end pc and ps4, nice try though

>>322989426
i'd agree since w3 actually has other aspect going well for it, making it a much more complete game
>>
>>322989830
I have never used on in all my 400 hours of playing. The game gives you so much insight that you basically never run out.
>>
File: fgdgdfg.gif (87 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
fgdgdfg.gif
87 KB, 480x270
its too bad the game is filled with srubwigs, shitcawkgay and memesaw users.
>>
>>322989383
Exclusives are a hard sell because it's literally a numbers game. If 90% of gamer buyers bought Farmville, we'd call it goty simply because it'll get more views. Same reason overly sexual games don't get it. Saying something like that would cost us more readers than it would garner
>>
>>322989776
while i like what you are getting it, this is not at all true.
you rely heavily on stamina, whether it is choosing to use what is left on dodging or attacking is enough proof for it's presence.
>>
>>322989830
At 40 insght you start seeing weird shit and certain enemies get cooler movesets and stranger appearances. So yes. Do it, faggot.
>>
>>322989912
you don't need tinge for rakuyo though??
>>
>>322989830
you can use them to get 60 insight to buy blood rocks for upgrades. don't pop them unless you need to buy something, since certin enemies cause frenzy winch your resists are determined by how much insight you have
>>
>>322989830
if you havent beaten rom yet, go to 60 and walk around previously explored places
>>
>>322989245
Source?
>>
File: 1393301560891.gif (768 KB, 561x316) Image search: [Google]
1393301560891.gif
768 KB, 561x316
>>322990187
>the more insight you have the more difficult certain boss fights get
>>
>>322990224
pure skill weapon. Maria didn't like how all the weapons she grew up around used blood, so she uses the rakuyo to disassociate herself form Cainhurst
>>
>>322989035
I don't think it can. The problem with first-person games is that you can't have much depth in the way of melee combat. Although it's entirely possible to have TONS of depth when it comes to mobility, as is evidenced in high-level competitive Quake and other highly competitive FPS games.

>>322989773

>"mash attack and watch every enemy explode"

If you're playing on the easiest difficulty levels of Bayo or DMC, sure. But try to mash buttons on difficulties like Non-Stop Infinite Climax or Dante Must Die. Just try and see what happens.

Anyone who refers to games like Bayo1 or DMC3 as "button mashers" have never played those games beyond the easiest difficulties. The enemies are made to be far more aggressive and have far more health and way more moves. Some even gain special properties like Devil Trigger after a certain timeframe of them being on screen, which exponentially increases enemy defenses and makes them harder to launch.

It's not like the easiest difficulties where they have like only 50 percent of the health they have on Normal difficulties and attack once in a blue moon.
>>
>>322989245
i played it, all dlc bosses and all chalice dungeon bosses
it's easy
>>
File: 1451189336756.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
1451189336756.png
215 KB, 620x525
>>322990372
>some bosses are easier with less insight
>>
File: 1449355030924.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1449355030924.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
>Go through BB with kirkshommurz, whips and shit
>Good time
>step into the DLC get a fucking BOOM HAMMER
>HOLY F
>O
>L
>Y
>F

WHAT IS THIS WEAPON
>>
>>322990224
25 tinge compliments 50 skill mostly for Bowblade/Reiterpallasch and generally getting good damage out of your gun. What else are those points going toward? Strength?
>>
>>322989830
Not really. Having insight only makes the game harder. I didn't realize this for a while, and since I never spent echoes/insight on items or player invites, and horded shit like a madman, I was running through the unseen village with like 90+ insight
>>
File: 1451015347628.jpg (153 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1451015347628.jpg
153 KB, 495x495
>Ahh, you were at my side all along.
>>
>tfw no Bloodborne
>>
File: crying spongebob.jpg (110 KB, 358x304) Image search: [Google]
crying spongebob.jpg
110 KB, 358x304
>Tfw I could never beat the Orphan of Kos
he's just too fast for me
>>
>>322990390
It also scales with arcane
>>
File: 1418925454967.gif (2 MB, 235x180) Image search: [Google]
1418925454967.gif
2 MB, 235x180
>>322990550
MY TRUE MENTOR
MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT
>>
File: tumblr_ns3806QpYk1u3ox1po1_540.jpg (24 KB, 526x348) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns3806QpYk1u3ox1po1_540.jpg
24 KB, 526x348
>>322990609
I noticed that you lacked an image for your feel so here's my best guess.
>>
File: lev.jpg (86 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
lev.jpg
86 KB, 1024x576
First playthrough, just beat Logarius and fought Luwig, Maria and Failures in the DLC.

Am I good?
>>
File: 1452059411540.jpg (412 KB, 1000x1389) Image search: [Google]
1452059411540.jpg
412 KB, 1000x1389
>>322990758
oh

i wouldn't know, because of sharks
>>
>>322990879
You put points into vitality, you're not good.
>>
File: 1400953083969.gif (2 MB, 265x282) Image search: [Google]
1400953083969.gif
2 MB, 265x282
>tfw landing visceral attack on a boss that pushed your shit in a couple of times

hell, visceral attacks in general never get old.
>>
>>322990879
i don't know what you're going for, your build is all over the place
>>
is pretty gud

does Dark 3 have charged attacks?
>>
>>322990403
Whoa there friend, don't get defensive now.

They're button mashes because that's the goal. It's like how guitar hero is a button masher. Your whole goal is to hot the right buttons in the right order very quickly with little time to respond. It's what we call a physical challenge game (you know what to do, but doing it is hard).

No one ever said that meant they were easy (though bayonetta was not to bad when I did it... one down from max difficulty. )

Souls games are more about decision making. Is easy as shit to mash R1, but you need to watch stamina. Do you go for two hits, or three? Are you able to punish that attack? Which direction do you dodge?

Souls combat is mind blowingly good for people that are into that sort of combat.

Bayonetta and dmc are great for people that like the physical mastery.

Nothing wrong with either of those.
>>
>>322990758
No, don't be fooled. All weapons that show arcane scaling that do not naturally deal arcane damagw only scale with it if you have arcane gems on it, at which point the physical scaling becomes nonexistent and irrelevant to their damage.
>>
>>322990758
No.
The arcane scaling is for when you use arcane gems, like every weapon
>>
>>322990879
i guess you missed eileen's quest
>>
File: Perfectly calm..gif (386 KB, 260x300) Image search: [Google]
Perfectly calm..gif
386 KB, 260x300
>stuck on ludwig NG+6 LvL4 for 17+ hours now
>>
Why is Watch Dog so much of a pain in the ass in the Defiled Dungeon?

Why are there so few skill weapons in the base game that are actually good with reach? Sadness all around, guess I'll have to farm chunks and beat my head against the wall for hours to upgrade Rakuyo.
>>
>>322990995
Visceral attacks were the only way I could beat Gherman. I was always too much of a pussy to get up in his face, so I just practiced and practiced getting counters and viscerals until I could beat him. Admittedly, once you get it down, the fight becomes a cakewalk, but getting it down was a steep learning curve for me.
>>
File: 1450590639940.jpg (27 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1450590639940.jpg
27 KB, 313x254
>>322990995
>tfw fighting BsB for the first time
>no blood vials left
>3 qs bullets
>no more antidotes
>one hit away from dying
>he charges
>shoot a random bullet in hopes of staggering him
>hear that glorious noise
>rip his fucking face off

PREY SLAUGHTERED

This game is fucking brilliant.
>>
>>322986938
Every time i played DaS2 i just kept thinking "DaS2 isnt a bad game, but DaS is just miles better". Why dont you just play DaS1 again? playing through it again after a while still feels great.
>>
>>322991173
>no skill weapons in base game with reach
>literally can start game with best skill weapon.

You actually wot m8?
>>
>>322991173
>whip cane
>rifle spear
>shooting bolt bullets for crazy damage with reiterpallasch with or without tinge investment
>>
>>322991403
i just wish the cane had a better moveset in transform mode than just swipe left and right. i needed to be able to send it straight forward like Ivy
>>
>>322984896
I think I'd prefer something that curses gems for you and dismantle already cursed gems to get their effects. That way farming would be lessened but not negated entirely
>>
I've killed Rom and never had any interactions with Eileen. Is she gone forever?
>>
>>322991729
yes
>>
I thought all the Bloodborne hype was Sony-Dronies being fags until I got a PS4 and played it myself. I'm pretty sure it's one of my favorite games of all time now.

All the hate is just sour grape TBQH.
>>
>>322986910
Don't level END any more or stop at 20. 15 is plenty for skill builds
>>
>>322991403
I'm not fond of the Cane compared to the Blades of Mercy personally, but I'm probably gonna have to switch to it. BoM just doesn't have the damage output without chaining attacks, which I can't do on Watch Dog outside of when he spews lava on the ground, which is infrequent I find.
>>322991470
I used the rifle spear for awhile, which may be one of the weapons I switch back to to try out, but I wanna try out Rakuyo first since I've got it and I'm really liking it's moveset.

Reiterpallasch, haven't even bothered to use, never did like Rapiers, but either way I'd have to farm more chunks to upgrade it.

This is the only boss that's giving me problems honestly, I've one shot everything in the game up to this point outside of him and Logarius once (which was my own fault as I backdashed off the side of the building avoiding his swing and not paying attention).
>>
>>322983318
I hope they'll put as much work in dark souls 3 weapons' movesets as bloodborne's
>>
>>322990131
Are you jeff Green ?
>>
>>322991053
>Your whole goal is to hot the right buttons in the right order very quickly with little time to respond.

But that's not button mashing. Button mashing implies an activity that involves little to nothing in the way of thinking. A button-mashing game would be one of those games from the arcades where you have to press one button faster than your friend to win the game. A five-year-old can mash buttons.

In DMC and other games like it, you don't do any of that. You have to have good execution, since one button combination does a different combo that has a different effect on the battlefield. You have to have tons of situational awareness. You have to think fast and adjust on the fly to enemies swarming you.

It's just as much decision making as a Souls game.

> Are you able to punish that attack? Which direction do you dodge?

You don't think you do this in DMC3 or Bayo1 or Ninja Gaiden 2? Then you haven't played them on anything but the easiest difficulties. In fact, the dodge mastery and knowledge about which attacks can or cannot be punished is ramped up far higher than any Souls game.

Royal Guard in DMC3, for instance, requires FAR more precise timing and mastery of enemy movement patterns to use effectively than anything in SoulsBorne.
>>
File: 1367369520180.jpg (48 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
1367369520180.jpg
48 KB, 535x577
>Get a PS4 just for Bloodborne
>have to pay for online
>no friends to play with because all of my Souls friends are on PC
>framerate drops, aliasing everywhere
>>
>>322991581
Those swipes have some of the longest range of any weapon in the game.
>>
>>322992027
>have to pay for online
>no friends to play with
then don't play with online, what's the problem
>>
I own a Bloodborne machine but don't know anything about this game aside that exists, believe it or not. Would i enjoy it if i don't know anything about it's lore and if RPG is one of my least favorite genres?. It's part of a series?.
>>
>>322991892
I used the cane against the watchdog and it was a breeze
>>
>>322992131
What about the shit framerate & subpar graphics?
>>
>>322992027
I haven't had a single fps drop outside of Keeper of the Old Lords shooting fire all over the damn place.

At least not anything overly major, that was probably the worst bit and I had flashbacks to Blighttown when DaS1 first came out.
>>
Anyone else still rock the Hunter's set? Still think it looks badass.
>>
>>322992027
you can get a year of PSN for $40, it's worth it for the increased sale prices and """""free""""" games.
>>
>>322992187
I'll give it a try, either way, I'm off to farm chunks sometime tonight. That's probably my one gripe with the game is how annoying it is to get chunks, let alone rocks. Well that and there not being a sort function for blood gems that just gave you "These are the best ones against Kin, or Beasts, or for Physical Attack."
>>
>>322992175
>Would i enjoy it if i don't know anything about it's lore and if RPG is one of my least favorite genres?.
Probably. You really don't need to know anything about the lore. Nobody really knew anything about the lore going in. As for RPG, I couldn't tell you. I'm not a huge RPG buff. I don't know enough to tell you how well the RPG mechanics hold up compared to other games. All I can tell you is that I personally enjoyed the RPG aspect of it
>>
>>322992175
Its an action RPG, with more emphasis on the action than the RPG elements.

Its not technically part of a series, but it is definitely a spiritual successor to the Dark Souls games and even Demon's Souls. Very similar in terms of style and even gameplay to some extent.
>>
>>322991098
The Crow Hunter?
She vanished after I killed the Hunter in the church using Chikage. She gave me a rune though.
Did I miss it?
>>322991098
I wasn't really going for anything in particular, I was just upgrading what I thought would be best.
>>
>>322992304
I used it on my first playthrough. I never found an armour that had better stats and I liked how it looked. Now I rock the crowfeather body with cainhurst boots, gloves and helmet. Bloody crow 4 lyfe.
>>
Bloodborne probably could of been a decent game if it wasn't held back by being on underpowered hardware.
>>
File: 1408543297950.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1408543297950.png
29 KB, 633x758
FUCK OFF SONY KEKS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>322992584
Killing the Crow Hunter and getting the badge is the end to her quest.
>>
>>322992304
cianhurt hemlet
hunter garb no cape
knights gloves
hunter boots
>>
Truly a shame that the PS4's only game comes close to being worthwhile is marred with technical issues that ruin the experience.
>>
>>322992304
Switch it up between the Yharagul Set and the Graveyard Set. Sometimes I'll go with the combo Bone Ash/Crowfeather, except the Bone Ash helm, it looks cool but the hat is just too big in my opinion.
>>
>>322990516
I did a level 80 skill build.
33 vit
15 skill
10 str
50 skill
7 bt
15 arc for old hunter bone
>>
File: Bvoock4.png (500 KB, 400x673) Image search: [Google]
Bvoock4.png
500 KB, 400x673
>>322992304
Nope. Yahar'gul hooded set. Thought about doing a strength build, dawn this, get the hunter's axe, invade players, and just stalk them for a little bit from the distance before going in and getting my shit wrecked because I'm actually not that good at the game.
>>
File: 1404865728715.gif (144 KB, 358x358) Image search: [Google]
1404865728715.gif
144 KB, 358x358
>bb is destroying my launch DS4
>>
>>322991931
Haha no, I was an editor for a mid size gaming news / review journal though.

>>322992026
It's obvious that this is a "stop saying my favorite game isn't the best at everything" response, but I'm just trying to tell you how it is. I've played all those games on harder (though I admit to having no interest in mastering the maximum difficulty) and -as I've already said-

>You have to have great reaction speed
>You have to have very good mastery over which combo to do when.

That's it. People that work in development refer to these games as button mashers all the time. At least to each other.

Souls on the other hand

>has a higher emphasis on "flow" between offense and defense
>asks players to think more about how to approach varying situations
>Makes positioning more important.

It's a classic physical challenge vs mental challenge dichotomy (though Souls has a faggot bit of physical mastery required as well in regards to traction time )

They're both good. I'm sorry if that upsets you.
>>
So what determines me getting random Blood Dregs when I teleport places, specifically Central Yharnam?

I seem to almost always get one every time I port there, or is it just giving me all the ones I would have otherwise gotten after killing all the hunters?
>>
>>322993016
Maybe it has something to do with Djura being passive?
>>
>>322993182
>>322993016
Scratch that. I read that as old yharnam.
I'm getting tired.
>>
>>322983318
the weapons have character to them. They have alot of moves-R1s alone have 4 moves at times.

The combat is fluid, so you don't get too frustrated with controls.
>>
>>322991892
Try the Reiter. It's more of an epee than a rapier in that it has slashing attacks incorporated into the moveset, and spamming r1 on someone only to throw out a sudden transformation attack from sword to gun when they try to punish your spam really surprises people and leads to very satisfying visceral attacks. Plus the gun is the strongest in the game barring perhaps the canon, since it scales off of your physical blood gems andis the onky gun that can be buffed with paper or the phantasm shell. Lightning bullets kill fire dogs, senpai.
>>
Got the game yesterday and I've been putting all my blood rock things into the kirkhammer, is it a good weapon late-game or should I start looking for something else? I just killed Paarl, Vicar Amelia shortly before that.
Really the game hasn't been too hard surprisingly, only father gascan has given me any trouble, and that's because after nearly killing him the first time I had a massive brain fart and forgot how to fight him.
>>
>>322993182
>>322993280
All good man, I accidentally killed him anyways. Was fighting him on the roof and he dodged backwards off of it. I was mildly disappointed.
>>
>>322987687
I liked how they could make a skeleton king man anime.
>>
File: Koala.jpg (763 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Koala.jpg
763 KB, 1024x768
Is it just me or is there a slight delay between pressing the dodge button and the character beginning the dodge?
I'm used to games being immediately responsive to button presses so it always fucks me up.
I've played on both a computer monitor and a tv btw.
>>
>>322993415
That's how you kill him.
>>
>>322992076
Beast cutter tho. Or even Holy Moonlight Sword.
>>
>>322993415
He's only good for his hunter badge anyway.
>>
>>322993404
forgot to mention, I refuse to buy PS+ fuck you sony you fucking bastards, so if the Kirkhammer happens to be super shit at PvP I don't really care.
>>
>>322988301
there's a gemless fight club at r97nxvx8-it's with fextralife guys.

Everyone there is a laggy piece of shit though either from west coast or out of US.
>>
>>322992883
If you're keeping your level low that's another story. But standard 100-110 benefits well from the tinge.
>>
>>322992972
>has a higher emphasis on "flow" between offense and defense
>asks players to think more about how to approach varying situations
>Makes positioning more important.
not him but it really doesn't, a game like ninja gaiden black is more demanding on these points
>>
>>322993404
The kirkhammer is my favourite strength weapon in the base game. It's really good at staggering larger enemies.
>>
File: image_1.png (74 KB, 1332x1336) Image search: [Google]
image_1.png
74 KB, 1332x1336
https://youtu.be/0TJrw5gwx-o

What armor is he wearing? It looks rad. Thanks in advance.
>>
File: DbrQ80J.jpg (73 KB, 599x800) Image search: [Google]
DbrQ80J.jpg
73 KB, 599x800
I haven't played any Souls games and I want to get into it. Am I still going to enjoy Bloodborne? In your honest opinion? Is it a good entry into the genre? is it really that fun?

i can always git gud you know
>>
The bosses and how many tries it took to kill them on your first playthrough, go.

>Cleric
First try, no leveling
>Gascoigne
Raped my shit a dozen times
>Amelia
Three, learned to use actual items
>Witches of Hemwick
Two
>Blood-Starved Beast
First try
>Darkbeast Paarl
First try
>Shadows of Yharnam
Three, plus Henryk
>Rom, the Vacuous Spider
Five, plus two friends because fuck Rom
>Amygdala
First try
>The One Reborn
Two, double KO lel
>Martyr Logarius
Six
>Celestial Emissary
First try
>Ebrietas
Three, plus old hunter
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
Two, lost with one hit left first time
>Gherman
Three
>Moon Presence
Two

Haven't tried the DLC yet.
>>
>>322993697
demons souls
start at the start fagboi, you won't regret the experience
>>
>>322993697
I don't think Bloodborne is a good entry point, I'd suggest Demon's Souls or Dark Souls II for that.
>>
>>322992972
>It's obvious that this is a "stop saying my favorite game isn't the best at everything" response,

No, it's a "why am I wasting my time responding to someone talking about a game genre he/she has never played for more than 30 minutes" type of response.

>It's a classic physical challenge vs mental challenge dichotomy

Absolutely wrong. Again, you clearly haven't played the DMC/Bayo games on the hardest difficulties or even on the second-hardest difficulties if you think there's no mental challenge in these games.

And when you say you've played them on the "harder" difficulties, you're clearly lying. You don't know anything about these games.

I'm done with you. No more wasting time on the umpteenth person to pretend to know what they're talking about when they talk about character-action games.
>>
>>322992175
you don't actually need to know exactly how things work in the game to 'get' the story.

They actually do better than other souls games to make you understand the broad strokes of the story.

I mean I still don't understand who ascended who, or who is kin or not. But that doesn't matter.
>>
>>322993697
if you already have a PS4 then there's no reason not to get it
>>
>>322987941
The Loch shield is great for Orphan of Kos lightning. Also for arcane spamming.
>>
>>322993686
Black church? Maybe the tomb prospector one.
>>
File: 1435019070974.png (35 KB, 660x442) Image search: [Google]
1435019070974.png
35 KB, 660x442
>>322993697
lol
>>
>>322993697
Don't listen to those fanboys. Just get BB and enjoy yourself.
>>
>>322993686
Black church cloak and yahar'gul hood. Don't know about the arms and legs
>>
>>322993697
You will love Bloodborne. But try the Ds1 if you're just getting started. It might be hard to transition from bloodborne to ds1, because it does feel different. But ds1 is arguably just as good and worth giving your time to know, which people who were privileged with bloodborne's speed first might not have the patience to do.
>>
>>322993471
>>322993471
>>322993471
i'm guessing the lack of responses means yes.
>>
>>322993697
if you have a ps4, get it
>>
>>322993697

It's perfectly fine just jump into it.

As a basic tip this game punishes passiveness and panic dodges.
>>
>>322993827
>dark souls 2 as an entry point

Holy shit no. Demon's souls is a great start but if you're gonna do Dark Souls start with Dark Souls. Dark Souls 2 doesn't feel anything like the other three games and if you had to skip one that would be the one to miss.
>>
>>322994040
I have never had this problem ever. Maybe your controller is dying or something
>>
>>322993673
Can't say I agree with you. I've played through both and while the buttons were harder for me, but I had to think less while doing it.
>>
>>322993686
Looks like Black Iron Hood, Gascoigne's Garb and uh... well, I can't really see the legs and gloves. Might just be gascoigne set as well.
>>
>>322993764
>cleric
two but it doesn't count really because I fought him already on someone else's ps4 and kinda knew what to expect
>gascoigne
at least ten, as I said before I had a brain fart
>bsb
two tries
>vicar amelia
first try, just put my face into her ass during the last 50% of the fight and she did pretty much nothing, not sure if thats one of those memory leaks I heard so much about, I thought those were patched?
>paarl
three tries, I was getting hammered hard until I learned he's life sif and you can just stay under him
haven't gotten to anybody else yet
I always get a boss down to less than 25% on the first try and then die right afterward because of some second/third/twentieth form or something
hope i stop doing that
>>
>>322992304
Nope. I always wear the executioner's gauntlets as soon as I get them, though
>>
>>322992462
>>322992573
>>322993842

Thank you anons. It will be my next buy, because form what i can conclude browsing /v/, having a PS4 and not having Bloodborne might as well be a sin.
>>
>>322993827
I think you mean Dark Souls 1

Demon Souls is a good one too if anon also has a PS3
>>
>>322994227
>>322993946
>>322993891

Thanks everyone, I knew it wasn't a full set but I just thought he looked neat, specially the hood.
>>
>>322993764
Forgot Micolash.

>Micolash
First try, cheesed with poison daggers
>>
>>322994115
Dark Souls 2 is my least favorite in the series, but it's still a better entry point than the original Dark Souls or Bloodborne. Dark Souls is pretty bad at player training, like the graveyard right out of the tutorial area before you know better, not starting you in light armor so you don't know about how weight affects rolling, etc).

Dark Souls 2 has a more accessible introduction in a number of ways: it doesn't let you wander cluelessly into high level areas, you begin in light armor, shortcuts are more obvious and there's no way to get stuck to a bonfire.
>>
>>322988196
the Goty edition came out a while ago, go for it!
>>
>>322993764
>Cleric
Took a few tries to get used to.
>Gascoigne
Favorite fight, beat him the second try.
>Amelia
First time. Fire paper and axe are OP.
>Witches of Hemwick
First time again. I thought it was an interesting fight the first time, but subsequent playthroughs make it a fucking chore. It's boring.
>Blood-Starved Beast
Third try.
>Darkbeast Paarl
First try.
>Shadows of Yharnam
Third try. Usually get them the first time in each subsequent playthrough.
>Rom
First try. Spiders too ez.
>Amygdala
Second try.
>The One Reborn
Man this boss was such a cakewalk I don't even want to call it a try. I just slapped his shit in.
>Martyr Logarious
Eight tries.
>Celestial Emissary
Twice. Fucked up the first time and got gang raped.
>Ebrietas
Three.
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
Third try.
>Gehrman
Second try.
>Moon Presence
First try.

DLC EXTRAVAGANZA:
>Ludwig
Three tries.
>Living Failures
Four tries.
>Maria
Three tries
>Orphan of Kos
Five
>>
>>322993686
Yarhar'gul hood
Black Church body
Old hunter gloves
Hunter boots
>>
>>322983318
It's Japanese, for one.
>>
>>322986938
I know right? Honestly this game has also already ruined dark souls 3 for me. I know they made that a bit faster but there's just no way it will be as good. Bb's combat is just way too sexy and satisfying.
>>
>>322994695
WHY DID GOD CURSE ME WITH THESE BAKA ROUND EYES
>>
>>322994239
>>322993764

>Cleric
2 tries.
>Gascoigne
First try.
>Amelia
First try. 1 Partner
>Witches of Hemwick
Second try.
>Blood-Starved Beast
First try, didn't even realize his poison was bad until later breakthroughs. He's really easy if you sidestep.
>Darkbeast Paarl
I think 2.
>Shadows of Yharnam
About 10. Didn't summon anyone, first real road block and kept getting snaked.
>Rom, the Vacuous Spider
Probably 3-4.
>Amygdala
First try, such a letdown.
>The One Reborn
First try. Didn't even know you could kill the witches up top either. I remember feeling so accomplished.
>Martyr Logarius
I think this one took me about 5-8 tries. He's rough, and again I didn't summon.
>Celestial Emissary
Fought him first on a second play-through, so first try.
>Ebrietas
Still haven't fought. Going to this current playthrough.
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
Two or three? Fought alone.
>Gherman
Once
>Moon Presence
Never, didn't know about it until after I beat the game, making sure I get the pieces this time.
>>
>>322988739
>BLT
>using the Rakuyo
please don't.
>>
>>322992883
that's a terrible skill build.
>>
>>322994040
I don't have that issue
>>
>>322993827
I don't think DeS is a good start. It has the most headache mechanics of the series.
>>
>beat Moon Presence on first try
Was this fight easy because you had to fight Gehrman again if you failed, or what?
>>
File: 1398928525420.png (207 KB, 418x312) Image search: [Google]
1398928525420.png
207 KB, 418x312
I love this game and play it constantly but man, NEVER HAVE I DEALT WITH SUCH AN AWFUL CAMERA BEFORE. AND I'VE PLAYED NINJA GAIDEN.
SERIOUSLY, THE CAMERA SYSTEM IS BULLOCKS.
I MEAN WHY THE FUCK DID THEY THINK IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO MAKE IT A PHYSICAL OBJECT THAT CAN GET STUCK ON/GET OBSTRUCTED BY OBJECTS? JUST MAKE THE WALL FUCKING TRANSPARENT YOU DICKWADS. FUCK YOU FROM.
>>
>>322993697
it's all good as long as you skip dark souls 2

I suggest playing bloodborne last
>>
>>322994846
>not understanding the difference between a Chikage build and a 50 skl/25 blt build
>>
>>322995276
No.

Bloodborne's final boss structure was weird. Nurse was easy, Gehrman was a challenge, and then Moon Presence is a surprisingly easy secret boss.
>>
>>322995276
you dont have to fight german again
moon presence is just easy
>>
>>322995413
if you're going to use a weapon that doesnt benefit from bloodtinge and have 25 blt i think that is retarded. If you're using rakuyo just go pure skill bl 98
>>
>>322995389
yeah, BB's camera is the worst in the series
>>
>>322988967
I played bb first too and then played the others and found them ridiculously easy in comparison... And not as fun. Haven't played dark souls 2 yet though
>>
>>322995464
>>322995452
Oh
I thought it would make sense to tone it down since you just fought Gehrman, but thats just dumb
>>
>>322995413
>a 50 skl/25 blt build

You mean a waste of points? 25 blt is not viable.
>>
>>322995546
Yeah. I guess that's why they made Ludwig and Orphan of Kos such bastards.
>>
>>322995531
>Haven't played dark souls 2 yet though

don't
>>
>>322988739
If he takes his skill to 50, and his BLT to 25 what is he doing with his vitality?
>>
>>322991729
Go to the Cathedral where you fought Amelia. She'll try to kill you there and you can get her shit.
>>
>>322993764
>cleric
First try
>papa g
First try
>Bsb
First try
>Vicar
Second try
>Paarl
19 tries (level 23, +2 weapon, TRIGGERED )
>witches
First try
>Amy
First try
>Shadow
First try
>Rom
Second try
>one reborn
First try
>micolash
First try
>wet nurse
First try
>ebrietas
12 tries
>Gherman
4 tries
>moon
First try
>>
>>322993764
>>322995734
Forgot Logarius
>first try
>>
>>322995585
This guy gets it.
>>
>>322985680
>I have no idea how it did not win goty
because its le2hard4casuals meme XD
>>
>>322993764
>>322993764

>Cleric
One
>Gascoigne
Two
>Amelia
OnARRHRHGHGHRH
>Witches of Hemwick
Lol
>Blood-Starved Beast
Six, just what in the fuck
>Darkbeast Paarl
Three, fucking Lightning
>Shadows of Yharnam
One
>Rom, the Vacuous Spider
Two, it was actually the easiest fight in the game to me
>Amygdala
One
>The One Reborn
Two
>Martyr Logarius
Four
>Celestial Emissary
Lol
>Ebrietas
Four, Laser spam got me three times before I learned I just had to haul ass.
>Mergo's Wet Nurse
One
>Gherman
Ten, I was underleveled and his scythe combos were fucking me up while I couldn't stunlock him easy with my kirkhammer
>Moon Presence
Lol

>Ludwig
Fifteen, just what in the flying fuck

>Living Failures
lol

>Maria
Twice, best fight in the game theatrically

>Orphan
59, NG+

JUST WHAT IN THE FUCK
>>
>>322984896
farming is only fun for arc builds who are actually the ones who need to farm the most
>>
File: 1444347246492.jpg (67 KB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
1444347246492.jpg
67 KB, 900x720
Str or skill for sub 70bl?
>>
>>322983318
Because its basically a pseudo action game and a good one at that. And action games have good combat most of the time.
>>
>>322996013
>farm the most
that's funny because i'm pretty sure you mean bloodtinge users need to farm the most
>>
>>322988832
My hands hurt after playing DMC3. I'm such a PC pleb
>>
I dont know why but the animations carry serious weight behind the attacks, I think thats part of the reason why is feels so good because everything you do feels heavy and real. It's fucking insane.
>>
>>322989778
I already have you retard. I don't even know what you're implying.
>>
>>322993764
This is my first souls game so I had a shaky start. Didn't really know what I was doing till I beat gascoigne
>father gascoigne
Probably about 5 tries. Was pretty easy until the beast phase
>cleric beast
I went against him a few times before gascoigne but got tossed pretty easily. Came back after the father and beat his shit, don't even think I got hit
>BSB
first try, that fight was crazy. Used all my blood vials and antidotes. I got poisoned as I delivered the final blow to him and had nothing to heal me so I died shortly after
>Amelia
Probably took me around 6 tries. I know that's a lot but I really didn't have much difficulty I just kept dying. Once I knew what I was doing it was easy shit
>witches of hemwick
2 tries. I got stun locked and the second witch sneaked behind and did that thing where she mashes your skull. Was depressing to watch
>shadows of yharnam
About 4 tries. I didn't kill any till the fourth try and then I killed all of them. Didn't realize they were mandatory bosses, just kept coming back because I had 100k plus blood echoes
>rom
Currently on that guy right now, she's kicking my ass. I get off work early on Friday so I'm coming home and I'm gonna beat the shit out of that dumb ass spider
>>
>>322996058
when i made my skill character, it was extremely fun at bl 76
>>
>>322993764
No summons at all.

>Cleric
First
>Gascoigne
At least four times
>Amelia
Two times, needed to find the numbing mist
>Hemwick
First
>BSB
At least eight times, I was fucking bad.
>Paarl
First try
>Yharnam
Three tries
>Rom
First try, don't understand why people have issue with it
>Amygdala
Second try, needed to change my weapon
>The One Reborn
First try
>Logarius
Ten tries, he raped me.
>Celestial Emissary
Once.
>Ebrietas
Twice.
>Mergo's
First time
>Gehrman
Three tries.
>MP
Died first time due to not having much left after Gehrman, but the second go was easy.
>>
File: 1450254308353.gif (1 MB, 211x203) Image search: [Google]
1450254308353.gif
1 MB, 211x203
>tfw DaS3 will have proper speed so I won't need to suffer through DaS2 after BB
>>
File: bloodborne rolling.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
bloodborne rolling.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
It's the animations they put in for everything
>>
>>322993764
ludwig and laurence went down first try

orphan took 5 tries
>>
>>322996278
Was that guy basically a parody of Giant Dads?
>>
>>322996109
What, the bloodtinge gems? You don't need to farm bosses, just a chest guard. Farming ARC scaling gems takes multiple bosses.
>>
>>322990470
You say its easy like you're implying DaS1/2 are hard which is a fucking laugh since atleast in BB you legitimately beat the bosses. Most DaS bosses are literally akin to early nintendo bosses where you exploit one little trick and its all done. Only exceptions are ones like OnS Fume Knight and Manus. Most bosses in Souls games are laughably gimmicky.

Orphan is the pinnacle of From's work in these types of games and they need to make sure to build on that in future games. But based off early DaS3 trailers of bosses that are either just flailing giants or a giant tree that spawns ads i doubt it will.
>>
>>322995389
There's nothing wrong with the camera outside of beasts boss fights.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 95

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.