[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sins of the Father was pretty much entirely irrelevant to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1422146660480.jpg (229 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
1422146660480.jpg
229 KB, 500x670
>Sins of the Father was pretty much entirely irrelevant to the story of the game except for literally one line "words that kill"
>Skullface hyped to be big cool character
>outside of the tapes he does nothing, then dies
>actually nothing significant happens outside of the tapes
>Kojima switches the personality of Kaz and Ocelot around compared to every other game in the series

It's like he was intentionally trying to drop the ball on this.
>>
>no greater good....no just kaz
>hey boss, don't kill those little niggers
>>
>>322974968
But the gameplay was great
>>
>>322974968
the game was about information control. Anyone following the MGS story had predetermined notions of Big Boss, created by Cipher. MGS V broke our misconception of BB, and everyone is kinda disappointed by the truth.

why do we want so much war, anon? why do we want so much suffering?
>>
File: Bsh1cf3IcAA-dAD.jpg (13 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
Bsh1cf3IcAA-dAD.jpg
13 KB, 599x337
>standing.mp3 plays on music library
>mfw everytiem
>>
File: 1235089437036s.jpg (2 KB, 126x96) Image search: [Google]
1235089437036s.jpg
2 KB, 126x96
>>322974968
>Sins of the Father was pretty much entirely irrelevant to the story of the game
>>
>>322977845
>why do we want so much war, anon? why do we want so much suffering?
Because it's fun.
>>
>>322975784
"Cuz I'm already a deemon"
>>
konami fucked the game into being rushed, ground zeroes had a really coherent story and phantom pain simply did not.
>>
>>322977845
>MGS V broke our misconception of BB, and everyone is kinda disappointed by the truth.
No, it said literally nothing about Big Boss other than he was covering his ass to get away from people trying to kill him while he went off to make Zanzibar Land, so we could follow the story of some rando molesting the wildlife.
>>
File: mgsv_mgo_tga_06_web.jpg (918 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsv_mgo_tga_06_web.jpg
918 KB, 1920x1080
>>322978261
>some rando molesting the wildlife.
I don't agree with you at all but this made me chuckle.
>>
>>322977967
i still back and watch the trailers and just ignore the real games existence
>>
>>322975784
You know very well the ratings fucked it all up.
There's a mod on PC where it just disables the Game Over screen when killing kids, and turns out killing them takes -500 heroism points and gives a fuckload of Demon points.
That's scripted into the game though, it's not part of the mod.
He wanted to put some fucked up shit in the game and he just couldn't.

>>322978138
Well no fucking shit, GZ's story lasts 5 minutes.
>>
>>322978138
I agree, but there is only so much you can blame Konami. Kojima had five years to make the game and had eighty million dollars to play with. I agree the game was rushed though when considering the state of the story, as they probably poured alot of effort in the fox engine. Some of the cut scenes are entirely pointless though. One I remember, Big Boss gets out of the helicopter and Eli stares at him and walks away. That's it.
>>
>>322982332
Dude, MGS4's development lasted 4 years and had a 70 million budget.
Giving him just 1 year more and only 10 million more to go from making a linear game, to building what was going to be esentially Konami's Frostbite engine, and make an open world game was a mistake from Konami.
Considering what has happened, it's a miracle the game isn't full of fall-through-the-floor kinda bugs.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.