[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game even worth playing? Does anyone even give a shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg (54 KB, 256x250) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_8_ntsc-front.jpg
54 KB, 256x250
Is this game even worth playing? Does anyone even give a shit about it? Is it memorable and will stand the test of time or am I just going to forget about it and think about the time I've wasted into it?
>>
It's my favorite FF and I replay it every couple years.
>>
>>322918614
>or am I just going to forget about it
If you have a GF
>>
I love it. My favorite of the bunch.

It has serious game mechanic imbalance issues. You can spam limit breaks and win, since limit breaks just require your characters have low health. Combined with good junctions yielded from magic you got by refining items, the difficulty is trivial.

And if you don't like a teenager story with a cheesy romance then don't play it.
>>
>>322918614
It's a love or hate thing since it is so differet from the usual FF formula.

The music is great, one of the best minigames ever in vidya and the skill system is pretty unique.

All else is your standard JRPG nonsense. The main character seems pretty shitty at first but will grow on you if you give him a chance.
>>
File: 1372928293826.jpg (11 KB, 349x306) Image search: [Google]
1372928293826.jpg
11 KB, 349x306
Just remember
>>
What's some of the good music from the game?
>>
>>322920571
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jho-peCAKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-_Did76LXQ
>>
>>322922843
best music of the series.
>>
It is my favorite final fantasy
>>
>>322918614
I couldn't stand the horrible combat systems and weak story. Honestly the only final fantasy I consider worse than 7.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.