[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm getting random fps drops Usually at 59-60fps but can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: pcsx2alt.jpg (17 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2alt.jpg
17 KB, 460x215
I'm getting random fps drops Usually at 59-60fps but can drop to 55, Usually wouldn't care but it's a cunt to try and play rhythm games.
>>
>>322914327
1) Drop settings
2) Get better PC
3) Wait for the PS2 emulation to mature more.
4) Enable frame skipping.
>>
>>322914327
That sounds like a good problem to have compared to mine.

>download and setup PCSX2
>don't know what to play
Why in the heck does the PS2 have so many games, fuck.
>>
Alright, let me lend my advice, as I recently tweaked PCSX2 quite a bit to get Soul Calibur 3 working well.

First thing you'll want to do is download the lastest dev build. Next, use DX11 rendering, and if you have an i3 or stronger, enable the MTVU speedhack. Then make sure CRC hack level is either on full or aggressive. Then I recommend testing out the speedhack slider, "safe" works well for SC3 but you may want to try "balanced" or higher.
>>
File: GTA02_html.jpg (346 KB, 930x540) Image search: [Google]
GTA02_html.jpg
346 KB, 930x540
>>322916158
Thanks
>>
>>322914327
what rhythm games are you playing? i need ideas
>>
>>322918696
See>>322918493
osu tatakae ouendan
Rhythm Heaven
Bust a Groove
OSU
Crypt of the Necro Daner
>>
File: 1447504773327.png (229 KB, 419x453) Image search: [Google]
1447504773327.png
229 KB, 419x453
>Be me
>Get pcsx2 1.3.1 build from october 22nd
>Get Persona 3 FES iso
>Get Japanese BIOS file
>Install shit and set preferences
>everything works almost flawlessly except the shadows being fucked up a little
>Play for about 40 hours
>A week ago Persona 3 started to run slowly
>the fps is still the same 60 and at 100% emulation speed at all times
>but the characters now run slower except it looks more natural for the game now since before characters were running like crazy though everything ran at 100% speed

Could it be because my HDD where the iso and emulator are stored is fucked up by time and over excessive use including heavy torrent downloads/uploads?

I've tried setting up the speedhack and normal instead of safe but it didn't change much.

I don't even know how to google this.
>>
>>322919564
You might have accidently pressed a speed hotkey, I remember pressing one that gave slowmo and being confused.

Anyway, if you're already using the latest dev build, the only thing I can recommend is following the advice of the earlier posts. Also, I believe enabling "WildArmsOffset" and "Align Sprite" would both be helpful for Persona. You'll find them in graphics settings under HW hacks.
>>
Last time i used the emulator was like 3-4 years ago, did it improve by now by some margin?
>>
>>322919564
>be me
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>322919564
Certain speedhacks give fictitious frame rates, 60 fps / 100% VUs. Best bet is to turn them all off, then enable them one at a time until the *apparent* speed feels right.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.