[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long has it been /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9
File: ss+(2016-01-06+at+10.17.35).jpg (31 KB, 290x318) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-06+at+10.17.35).jpg
31 KB, 290x318
How long has it been /v/?
>>
not that long since these threads pop up often enough from time to time.
>>
>>322894368
I remember you have to pay to even stand a chance againster stronger enemy. I managed to get to level 30 something though
>>
I wish this game had gotten some more regular upgrades over the years. it's still a pretty cool platform
>>
AQWorlds: baby's first adventure into the realm of erp.

Good times.
>>
File: ftsio.jpg (40 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
ftsio.jpg
40 KB, 420x294
No, no, no. I am NOT going back to Battleon, even for a cursory glance.

That shit game gouged for money like it had fucking tapeworms for parents. Literally, EVERY event, EVERY story, EVERY area, there was a paywall or ad or purchase requirement or some transaction-based bullshit it was trying to sucker me for.

It's behind me and can fuck off and die.
>>
File: gypsy whore.png (65 KB, 279x497) Image search: [Google]
gypsy whore.png
65 KB, 279x497
>>322897229

Why you mad tho?
>>
>>322897229
wasnt it just one payment? like become a guardian or whatever then you could do everything?
>>
>>322897229
>That shit game gouged for money like it had fucking tapeworms for parents
Well, that's because you weren't desperate enough to just use Cheat Engine, like I did.
>>
>>322898889
One payment to get all of the extra quests and shit he's talking about.
There was also a second currency that you could use for gear, but it was hardly required to actually play the fucking game. It just made it easier.
>>
>>322898889
It used to be one payment, then they made a new currency called Z-tokens and completey fucked it up. I'm pretty sure you have to spend real money to get weapons to even have a chance at being high level. I got my character to 98 when I was in middle school, played it last year, and was getting my ass beat by everything.
>>
Game is incredibly easy and you only need to make a 1 time payment of like $20 for hundreds of hours of content. This game was GOAT when I was 10 and my parents didn't want to pay for MMOs.
>>
>>322899091
>>322899134
fuck i want to go back and look now, to see how much its changed, my character would probably be useless now though, and the amount of new stuff would just be overwhelimg.

heck even way back when i remember it being a lot to take in, like the way the game progressed was bizzare, like couldnt you just go prety much anywhere that wasnt behind a paywal? wether you were high enough level or not?
>>
>>322899723
Yep. You go fight that fucking vampire wolf nigger at level one and get destroyed. I mean, my level 98 had great stat placement for a physical attacker, but I just couldn't do some of the new shit they have. All my weapons and some of my armor had turned to complete shit.
>>
Thanks for reminding me about this shit
Just logged in and sold my house for 50k of those z token things
>>
>>322899723
Monster levels scaled with you in most instances, from what I recall.
I remember them buffing the shit out of all of the class armors, last time I played.
>>
>>322900097
Yeah, I just logged in and the Knight has a two-hit default attack and an ability that temporarily gives him scaling weapons.

Game still suffers from tiny head syndrome.
>>
>>322899981
man i remember that vampire warewolf stuff, i realy dont know if i remember right but, if you became a vampire/warewolf couldnt you level it up through a questline?
i remember it beaing new fucking impossible

>>322900097
i remember how fighting random mobs would scale to you, but i mean the places that had some sort of "plot" asociated with them, like there was nothing stopping you going to some new quest thing and getting 1hit KO'd
>>
>>322900478
I think so. That was actually when the game was excellent. Artix has shitload of other pay to win games. I wish they would've left the single player one alone.
>>
http://aq.battleon.com/build30/charview.asp?temp=1054656
Here's my old character page.
>>
My friend sent 20 bucks in the mail and by the next week he had fucking guardian armor and was rolling through shit. Meanwhile I grinded my poor ass all the way you could for free through Dragonslayer and Fighter classes and then did Death's Dungeon on purpose just so I could tell my friends I beat death.

We all played together at the local Girls and Boys club. I miss being a kid.
>>
>>322894368
Idk last i played the character i made before got deleted and i made another guy but at that point why bother
>>
I don't even remember my pass or username. It's been like 10 years.

Black & Gold armor master race
>>
>>322901181
I miss it too man. We'd talk about it at school all day. I was the first one out of my group to get the blade of awe too. Felt like a huge accomplishment at the time.
>>
>>322898985
Mah broda.
>>
File: 1408485239886.png (145 KB, 347x750) Image search: [Google]
1408485239886.png
145 KB, 347x750
>>322894368
>I named my shitty OC back from 3rd grade Zero X too
>>
>>322899134
>played it last year, and was getting my ass beat by everything
I played it like 4 months ago a bit after I saw a thread on /v/ and felt nostalgic as fuck and the game was piss fucking easy.
And my character was a free one. Like how the fuck do you browse /v/ if you are this shit at vidya, it's turn based flash game on a web.
>>
Just check in a while ago.

The aesthetic of my equipment looked like shit compared to the current enemies.
>>
>>322901507
I remember finally saving to get a guardian account, and then pulling the Dragonslayer sword from the stone. I was the first in our group to do it because it was some sort of random encounter. Called myself master of swords for weeks after that.
>>
You think this game is a nice little background thing if I work a desk job and my internet use isn't monitored?

What other games could I get away with?
>>
I play it worlds still. I also play the 3D one. Ita the only mmo I like.
>>
>>322901706
I thought it was common knowledge that everyone here is terrible at videogames.
>>
Jesus Christ I actually remembered spending money just to be a guardian on this game.
I don't even remember the password anymore. It was something stupid and anime-related.
>>
>>322901850
>sword master
Made me laugh, man. I know for a fact I did similar shit.
>>
>>322902359
Being a kid is fun shit. I try and keep that mentality in mind for all games.

Doesn't make shit games any better, but it's easier to find mediocre games a little more enjoyable.
>>
AQ was gold but Dragonfable was my shit.

I remember I flipped out with hype when they opened the servers up. Was way too young to be a guardian or get an amulet but good god damn did I grind the fucking game. Loved it.

I might make a new character just do play through it now that it's basically dead.
>>
>>322902557
I gotta agree with that. It's a lot easier to enjoy games when I have that mentality.
>>
File: Old shame.png (383 KB, 656x771) Image search: [Google]
Old shame.png
383 KB, 656x771
>>322894368
I always check back in when these threads happen.
>>
File: ULNAX THE DESTROYER.png (46 KB, 400x461) Image search: [Google]
ULNAX THE DESTROYER.png
46 KB, 400x461
>>322894368
Apparently not that long...
>>
When I was little I thought the whole Carnax thing was the hypest shit along with the running story they had going.

I moved on to WoW right around when that Werepyre dude was getting jobbered by his evil twin or some shit. Anyone even know what the fuck was going on with the long-running cryptic story they were doing?

Well, cryptic for 10 year-olds, anyway.
>>
>>322903093
Well, I can see why he'd get angrier the more you damaged his stuff
>>
>>322894368
Used to watch old youtube videos on how to use the cheat engine on the game. Good times.
>>
>watch a video on how to use cheat engine to get those shekels
>guy writing on a notepad
>LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR
>>
I only played AQWorlds

http://www.aq.com/character.asp?id=Skrunch

Did i miss anything?
>>
>>322903093
>200 STR
>0 int
>Bunny suit
>Berserker

Retard Strength at its finest.
>>
File: 552.jpg (199 KB, 977x739) Image search: [Google]
552.jpg
199 KB, 977x739
>>322894368
Less than I expected, honestly
>>
File: Battleon.png (225 KB, 160x752) Image search: [Google]
Battleon.png
225 KB, 160x752
Reminder that Artix is scum. They pump out free2play games constantly, with most games having pay features before they're even done, then abandon them and make new games to keep the profits fresh.

They even just did a kickstarter for a 3D MMO and it got funded.
>>
File: wew.png (21 KB, 283x139) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
21 KB, 283x139
disappointing
>>
1619 days

less than I expected.

Also

>named my character flamer because I thought fire was cool and gave him spiky red hair to look like fire

I cant deal with this name
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.