[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished DaS 1 with my DEX build. Just started downloading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg (148 KB, 694x362) Image search: [Google]
Dark-Souls-2-Logo1.jpg
148 KB, 694x362
Just finished DaS 1 with my DEX build. Just started downloading DaS 2. Wanna try a STR build. Any tips for a first time DaS 2 run?
>>
>>322892128
kill stuff until it dies
>>
Try not to waste your souls as it will make pvp unbalanced for you, use the bonfire ascetic on the bonfire in forest of the fallen giants as it's a good way to get an excess of human effigies and the best way to beat the pursuer is to avoid the 1st encounter then on the second parry him introit of the ballistas then fire them at him.
>>
>>322892436
Thanks! Great tip, wish i used that in DaS1

>>322892496
Will try that, know of any good STR weapons i should get in the beginning?
>>
>>322892128
You can find a free Greatsword requiring I think 24 or so strength to use properly (more strength increases your weapon damage anyway so it doesn't hurt if it's too much), for free, in one of the early areas named No Man's Wharf, in a chest.
This weapon is good enough to play through the rest of the game with. It's satisfying to use and is a great choice for STR builds.
>>
>>322892976
There's an upgraded fire longsword available early on in forest of the fallen giants to bide your time with until you get the zweihander. Upgrade it to raw once you get mcduffs ember if you're going full strength.
>>
>>322892128
uninstall.exe is a strong build
>>
Move slowly. Don't be reckless. Use a shield until you know what to expect from everything. Read the surroundings, never forgetting that the designed everything with the intent of punishing foolishness. Also you'll want to keep a crossbow and a stock of bolts.

and bow/wave to every invader before you fight. It's just how the PC community is. No one will attack you until they're sure you're ready to go.
>>
>>322892976
People will tell you the mace, but the club has a better moveset. Great club and large club are even better when you find those, they shred through a good portion of the game since there are so many knight type enemies
>>
Also I would level up adaptability fairly often. If you're used to rolling through attacks in DaS1 and find you're having problems rolling in DaS2 it's because they tied invincibility frames to you're agility stat which raising adaptability helps with. I honestly hated the game the first time I tried it because I didn't know about agility and rolling
>>
File: 1451570739316.jpg (192 KB, 1220x1040) Image search: [Google]
1451570739316.jpg
192 KB, 1220x1040
>>322892128
>>
>>322892128
In das1, getting naked and roll around with 2 handing shit was the ideal way to things

In das2, stacking on armor and shields now to tank hits and block is the new ideal now because of how stupid the new rolling mechanica are
>>
>>322892976

Mace, Estoc, Bandit's Axe are all good and available from the Majula Blacksmith.

Don't hit wooden treasure chests more than once.
>>
File: you.png (251 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
you.png
251 KB, 1190x906
>>322895684

>don't use a shield or armor in DS1
>use a shield and armor in DS2
>>
>>322895971
Like I said, the rolling mechanic changed
>>
>>322896134
Have you played either game? Man get out of here.
>>
>>322896134

They did, but unless they completely obliterated i-frames, then it wouldn't make up for how ridiculously good poise and shield stability are in Dark Souls. It's much harder to tank in DS2 unless you use a dedicated build, and even then you need roll distance and i-frames so you don't get swarmed by enemies immediately.
>>
>>322895684
It's actually closer to the opposite.

Since weight had a lessened effect on roll, you could be level 60 in full Havel's fast rolling with a full 13 iframes without issue.

Thanks, agility.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.