[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this game and it was incredible. Better plot, writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: header.jpg?t=1447361460.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447361460.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
Just finished this game and it was incredible. Better plot, writing and characters than The Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2 and the Shadowrun games. New original setting that has some interesting stuff to it. Fun and challenging combat system.

Can we have a Pillars of Eternity thread? Should I buy the White March expansion?
>>
File: Whose Ryan.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Whose Ryan.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
Careful, OP, you might trigger the RPGCodex autismos that always come to shit up Pillars of Eternity threads and pretend their hipster trash games like Age of Decadence are better
>>
>>322884889
I feel the same, not a perfect game but damn i had so much fun with it
>trigger the RPGCodex autismos
sadly but this, we don't have much time OP
which class did you played?
>>
File: Thumbs up.jpg (71 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
Thumbs up.jpg
71 KB, 500x627
I haven't finished it yet but I can tell you that the expansion is pretty enjoyable. It adds a new party member that is a real fun character and fighter.
>>
>>322884889
>Should I buy the White March expansion?
it's better than vanilla game in every single way
>>
>>322884889
>Fun and challenging combat system.
>Better plot, writing and characters than The Witcher 3, Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2 and the Shadowrun games.
>New original setting that has some interesting stuff to it.

SO MANY LIES
I CAN'T READ THEM WITHOUT BEING TRIGGERED
YOU WIN ANON GJ
>>
Why do people compare games that are eons different? POE is my favorite of all of above mentioned.
>>
File: portrait_maneha_lg.png (134 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
portrait_maneha_lg.png
134 KB, 210x330
GODSLAYER TIER
Durance

GREAT TIER
Zahua
Edér

GOOD TIER
Grieving Mother

OK TIER
Hiravias
Aloth

BAD TIER
Palleginna
Sagani

HORRIBLE TIER
Devil of Caroc

SHUT THE FUCK UP TIER
Kana Rua

Also, pic related will be the new party member on Part 2. I hope she's good. My party is a sausage fest because every female character that isn't Grieving Mother sucks cocks.
>>
>>322885147
> Pillars of Eternity
>Age of Decadence
They are both shit
>>
>>322886101
>Durance
creazy must have in the party tier, thanks avellone
>Edér
bro tier, crpg classic
>Zahua
filthy but monk and monks are cool tier
>Aloth
I like elves tier, shy guy with a twist
>Grieving Mother
unlikable but well written tier, thanks chris
>Hiravias
he's funny tier
>Palleginna
>Sagani
simply boring tier, stop forcing equality in video games tier
>Devil of Caroc
edgy but kinda useful tier
>Kana Rua
nigga is too nice tier
>>
>>322886101
I like Pallegina
>>
>>322884889
Loving the game so far, despite some of the grievances I have with the combat system and pathfinding.
Also just made my way down to the final level of Od Nua and that fucking adra dragon is easily one-shotting my entire team. Any tips?
>>
>>322887807
traps, paralyze spells, bait him with some summons
you can always make a deal withher
>>
>>322885147
>>322886102
>Age of Decadence
>shit
kill yourselves
>>
>>322885147
>>322884889

both are god awful trash
>>
>>322887807
Well, first off, only fight her if you have a full party with max level.

Is she still weak to petrify? Try Adra's Gaze on her. That's how I did it.
>>
>>322888034
I know but that's probably going to lead to a bad end or some shit that would spoil the end game. I tried a trap that was supposed to petrify the thing but it didn't work, nor trying the same effect as a spell. I guess it's time to finally use some scrolls or buy a whole new set of adventurers made specifically to resist whatever the dragon might throw at me with the ton of useless money lying around.
>>
>>322888253
I tried it but she seems completely immune to it now.
>>
>>322884889
Top kek, gr8 b8.
>>
I actually like Sagani and Pallegina in concept.

It's the execution I take issue with.

There's nothing to connect Sagani to the the rest of the crew really. And, OK, that's kind of the point, but there should have been something more to her quest to make things click.

Pallegina is unlikable, but as a character that could have been great if she actually had the strength to go all the way for her ideas whatever *you* do, and if she had been characterized better as far as that supposed willpower of hers is concerned. To the point that you'll have to fight and kill her (if possible at all in current game I haven't encountered that possibility)
>>
>>322888441
>or buy a whole new set of adventurers made specifically to resist whatever the dragon might throw
you can't resist dragon breath, no one can
the best way to beat her is so find some cheap tactics like hide in the corner and spam summoned trolls to make her busy and nuke it with everything you have
>>
>>322884889
>no waifus

Pure shit.
>>
>Fun and challenging combat system.

Combat was definitely not fun and usually not challenging, did we play the same game? From a fun standpoint, every other game you listed had more fun combat than PoE
>>
File: Durance-portrait.jpg (13 KB, 210x330) Image search: [Google]
Durance-portrait.jpg
13 KB, 210x330
>>322888714
Durance is cute. C-U-T-E!
>>
>>322888495
I'm pretty sure she's not immune to stun, prone or petrifying. Get your party at max stats, give them all the best dish you can for great buffs, have great equipment going and make a strategy that relies on stunning, proneing or petrifying her and killing her.

The xaurips don't even matter, honestly. If you kill the dragon, your party should be good enough to deal with the rest of them.
>>
File: jSawyer.png (18 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
jSawyer.png
18 KB, 640x400
>>322888681
>the best way to beat her is so find some cheap tactics like hide in the corner and spam summoned trolls to make her busy and nuke it with everything you have
Sure sound fun and balanced
>>
>>322888918
I know, dragons are broken as fuck
>>
>>322888918
I beat all three dragons (and that one lava wyvern) by just being gud at Path of the Damned. No cheesing or glitching required.

Sounds like you're all casuals, 2bh.
>>
>>322889025
>Sounds like you're all casuals, 2bh.
I don't know m8 the game was so boring I dropped it before having to fight any dragons
>>
>>322886101

i liked kana rua, but that's probably because the chanter class was one of the few interesting classes in the game.
>>
File: whyyyyyy.png (215 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
whyyyyyy.png
215 KB, 500x400
>>322886841
>>
>>322888714
Obsidian specifically dislikes putting a shit-ton of romance options in their RPGs.

After seeing what happened to Bioware, I totally agree with that decision.
>>
>>322889135
Chanters are great, it's just that Kana Rua is really fucking annoying.
>>
I honestly didn't hate any of the party members. Everybody shits on Kana, but I got to bro out with him because my character was also from whatever the fuck that place was called. And some of his banter is neat, like the bit where he gets super jazzed about arguing with people.
>>
>>322889287
Obsidian is scared of romance because romance is for icky girls who have cooties. They have a 5 year olds attitude towards the subject.
>>
>>322889135
>>322889307
Are chanters that good?
I don't find them that usefull.
>>
>>322889653
Out of all the possible motivations not to include romance, what makes you think what you posted is theirs?
>>
>>322884889
The gameplay looks fun but the walls of texts always put me off.
I cant stand reading long texts on a screen
>>
>>322889832
Just skip everything that's not white text
>>
>>322889653
If you only play RPGs to give romance-bait the dick, then you can play figuratively any other modern RPG, because they all fucking have it.

I can't stand shit like Mass Effect 2 where the stories of characters are several castrated if you don't romance them, and the stories all funnel towards that in the first place.
>>
>>322889653
go back to jrpg
>>
>>322889287
Inb4 people start defending the terrible romance in Baldur's Gate 1 and 2.
>>
D:OS is far superior to PoE (meme game).
>>
>>322890983
rpgs in general are meme games desu senpai baka
>>
>>322890983
if you like tb, i need my rtwp fix so i like poe more
>>
>>322891164
>I need my shit fix
>>
>>322891445
p much every rpg player ever imo
>>
>>322890983
D:OS has better combat than PoE

In every other department, including story, characters, writing, setting, quests and roleplaying value, PoE kicks the SHIT out of Divinity's ass.
>>
>>322891886
>setting
especially this, how could they make it so terrible
>>
>play it when it's released
>combat with the constant pausing is horrible but the rest is pretty comfy
>get to level 12 with most of the map explored but take a break
>months later start playing again and remember why I stopped playing
>save file bloats up with invisible objects, takes 1 min to load and 20 seconds to quicksave
>loading screen for the smallest of house and it's even smaller other floors.
>supposedly fixed the loading times with patches and removed the bloat, still the same
>install the dlc
>pink glitches all over the screen
>no fixes or patches work
Fuck this, uninstalled. Maybe I'll try it again from scratch in 2 years when they get their shit together.
I really wanted to like it but it's unplayable for me.
>>
>>322888665
I feel like Pallegina's whole character is hurt by the backer NPCs everywhere.
Her schtick is being a rare godlike alone in the world, but then you've got a few godlike in every area.
>>
>>322892532
>save file bloats up with invisible objects, takes 1 min to load and 20 seconds to quicksave
>loading screen for the smallest of house and it's even smaller other floors.
>>supposedly fixed the loading times with patches and removed the bloat, still the same
>install the dlc
>pink glitches all over the screen
what the fuck, did you pirated it or something?
>>
>>322884889
to each their own
some people like op like to eat garbage and that's perfectly fine
don't worry this industry has more dumps on the way
>>
File: baby gas.jpg (30 KB, 251x229) Image search: [Google]
baby gas.jpg
30 KB, 251x229
How long in the game before it picks up? Only played around 2 hours into the game and while I do like the narrative, its losing my interest. Never played any of the original isometric games so I have no nostalgia to fall back on while playing.
>>
>>322893174
never
it's just not for you, try fallout 4 or skyrim
>>
>white march part 2 will have a "Story mode"
lel
>>
>>322894031
What does that mean?
>>
>>322895347
That they want the Hamburger Helper audience.
>>
>>322888803

Durance is a faggot heralded by 68-year old terrible neckbeard cunts
Literally every other companion is better than him.
>>
>>322884889
>characters than The Witcher 3
I agree for the rest but that's wrong, TW3's characters are its strong point
>>
File: Changeling The Lost.png (119 KB, 500x288) Image search: [Google]
Changeling The Lost.png
119 KB, 500x288
PoE was mediocre as fuck. And before you niggers get triggered at me and scream BUT AOD BUT DIVOS BUT X WAS WORSE, I don't care. I didn't play them but I played this and it was shit on its' own terms. Fuck you all for wasting my time and money.
>>
>>322884889
I really want to play this after I'm finished with Divinity, but I'm also worried that the good combat in Divinity will have spoiled me. Although the class systems seem more interesting than Divinity's level up systems. I'll still give it a go but I don't want something ultra clunky
>>
>>322896217
Not really. I mean, none of the companions shined in any single way, but Durance was the least shit.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.