[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bethesda Thread (no shilling allowed)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9
What went wrong? What went right? What do you want from the next Bethesdagame?
>>
Right
>Gunplay improved
>Character creation improved

Wrong
>Everything else

What do you want from the next Bethesda game?
>Obsidian
>>
>>322795261
World is very well put together, you can tell a great amount of attention was paid to making it believable and interesting. Sadly not as much for quests though with little latitude as well as many locations and factions that can only be interacted with like you're a Super Mutant, KILL LOOT RETURN.
>>
Feels a lot less samey than Skyrim and Oblivion, even with similar areas.
>>
>>322795453
>base building is wrong

out
>>
Just so horrifically boring I want to pull my eyes out
>>
There's a lot of cool customisation in the game, but the things that can be customised don't give you very many options.

Gun mods are the biggest disappointment.
>>
>>322796867

It feels like it belongs in a alpha version
>>
>>322796867
>he didn't play Real Time Settler for FNV
>>
I felt like there could have been more explaining and in-depth better writing for the institute and there synths.

I would have liked to see more friendly synths other than valentine despite how wonderful he is.
>>
>>322798461
Also,
>Can mod guns into new guns
>Can't make guns or ammo

Like, why wouldn't that be included, the system is clearly already there
>>
Once you got two thirds into the main story, it sort of just gave up being interesting just to move quicker and get it over with.
>>
By the numbers Bethesda game that has no right calling itself an rpg. Better gunplay and decent lighting at the expense of asinine story, cliche (but enjoyable) characters, uninteresting world and enemies and a general sense of blandness. Add in half-baked features like legendaries and base building and a conversation system that actively insults all that is writing and roleplay and the game comes in at a hard 5/10. Not offensive but not good. It is a video game.
>>
File: 1412186568781.jpg (27 KB, 448x337) Image search: [Google]
1412186568781.jpg
27 KB, 448x337
>>322799191
>what are mods

don't tell me....console, right?
>>
>>322799191
Yeah I got to a point after finishing the main game where I just completely ran out of ammo for my guns. Was I missing something?
>>
>>322799493
Reading OP I can mostly see that he means base game, not modded.
>>
>>322796867
Kinda is, I liked it but it feels like a bit shoe-horned, and god fuck my poor friends playing it on xbox with their limited settlement capabilities.
>>
File: 1449037646425.gif (839 KB, 450x402) Image search: [Google]
1449037646425.gif
839 KB, 450x402
>Be me
>Playing FO4
>Be contracted by some settlers to wipe out a raider gang
>Get to their underground hideout
>engage in a solo full front assault gun fight
>Get rid of every last member of the gang with minimal effort
>Time to head back and get paid
>start looting dead bodies on the way out
>Realize there are several raider females laying around
>Skimpy armor and naked body mods installed
>Drag them all into a room with several beds
>lay the bodies on the beds
>start stripping them naked
>no rational thinking at this point
>take out my trusty moddified ripper
>start sawing bodies like a madman
>blood splatter all over the place
>Playing with severed heads and members throwing them around and arranging them on shelfs and desks
>find myself with a big grin in my face and a full batch of diamonds in my pants
>ohgodwhatamidoing.jpg
>stop there
>mfw notice i have spent a good part of the day playing around with dead bodies
>mfw i Realise i have a raging hard on
>mfw i remember i have not been paid yet

I wonder if i Should get help
>>
>finally discover some NPCs after hours of finding nothing but raiders
>I wonder if there is an interesting quest here
>talk to a named NPC
>go to this location and kill some raiders

Please let it be Obsidian's turn already
>>
>>322796867
Not that anon, but I feel it's pretty weak
Some stuff you can't clean up and the food mechanic are at the top of my list for things that could have been improved
>inb4 mods
If I have to mod it the game didn't do it right
>>
i want bethesda to stop making fallout games
>>
File: 234717-1451994058[1].jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
234717-1451994058[1].jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
this sorta thing is good! trust me i'm a pc player

https://youtu.be/7OqFsVp5beM?list=FLjq9g7KJwTO96pDOlobO5zg
>sarcasm
>>
>oh the doorknob on this suitcase is locked
They should just toss the lockpicking and and hacking minigames
>>
>>322800112
Having to live in squalor that's worse than some of the shitshows the raiders live in is the worst part about the settlement building.
>>
>>322796867
>building from scratch
>somehow it's all rusty and dirty and looks like it went through 200+ years of deterioration
>defies the laws of physics
>serves no purpose other than to waste time and help you automatically kill moar raiders
>>
the gun mod system is neat, its biggest flaw however is the fact that you NEED to mod guns to progress, that IS the progression. it is impossible to do a playthrough on a harder setting without leveling up gun nut as soon as possible.

the legendary weapons are cool, but they need to not just drop from legendary enemies, they should be able to drop from end-of-dungeon loot chests as well. they also need about triple the legendary effects that they currently have, the current ones are very boring and generic.

another problem with legendary weapons is that it makes the unique weapons garbage, "unique" weapons are often no different at all from legendary weapons, and literally just a legendary effect attached to a fixed drop.

>>322800662
>suitcases cant be locked
>>
>>322800380
>Awful Saber hair
>No Noble Phantasm usage

Nah. Skyrim did it better with UBW.
>>
>>322795261
Fallout 4 is not an RPG.
>>
>>322802059
So basically New Vegas, where your legendary deathclaws won't drop you no legendary pipe pistols and shit but instead drop claws and shit.

That already came out years ago. And the greater majority doesn't like it apparently. Fuck making sense.
>>
>>322801551
To be fair, if you're salvaging materials, it wouldn't look great. But that doesn't mean a wall is a piece of plywood halfass attached to some studs or a roof is a tarp
>>
>>322802059
>ignoring where I said doorknob
>>
>>322802336

>So basically New Vegas, where your legendary deathclaws won't drop you no legendary pipe pistols and shit but instead drop claws and shit.

how did you get that from what I typed? i dont understand what you mean
>>
>>322802368
Recycling rusty metal doesn't result in rusty metal. There's a process to it.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-05+at+02.37.55).jpg (126 KB, 1064x770) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-05+at+02.37.55).jpg
126 KB, 1064x770
>>322802501
I ignored where you said doorknob because it was completely nonsensical. the lock picking interface is a generic keyhole, where the fuck did you get doorknob from?
>>
>>322802658
NV does exactly what you said it does. It puts the best weapons in a variety of spots, most of them infested with optional boss shit. Some require certain skills to access or a quest. Possibly a unique NPC holds one.

No random fuck holds a unique, though uniques aren't the only end game weapons in NV.
>>
File: tf (5).png (459 KB, 846x1038) Image search: [Google]
tf (5).png
459 KB, 846x1038
>>322795261
>What do you want from the next Bethesdagame?

Not a pre-established character start and story. I just want to play the way i want and being a beta nobody if i want to, as that was the key why people liked previous games so far. It's clear we can't ask for more from these fucking lazy retards.
>>
>>322802964
Maybe I'm just dumb but I've always seen that as a straight on look at a doorknob
But either way I still think they should ditch the minigames. At least the hacking one
>>
>>322803178

>It puts the best weapons in a variety of spots, most of them infested with optional boss shit. Some require certain skills to access or a quest. Possibly a unique NPC holds one.

yeah, just like fallout 3, oblivion, skyrim, and morrowind, you new vegas cocksucker. notice I separated uniques and legendaries in my post, since those are two different things. Uniques do exist in fallout 4, they are the UNIQUELY named weapons that have a fixed drop location. this is opposed to the LEGENDARY weapons that drop from randomly spawned LEGENDARY enemies.
>>
>>322803651

Piling on; you sound like a faggot.
>>
>>322803809

Don't ever fucking reply to me again unless you're contributing to the thread.
>>
>>322803809

Fallout 4 sucks and you're a faggot.
>>
>>322803995

Faggot.
>>
Didn't they originally say there was going to be a new safecracking system that required special perks or something? Every lock in the game is functionally identical.
>>
>>322795261
I want them to put some actual effort in to it. And a new engine that doesn't give me nostalgia from when I first saw hair on my balls.
>>
If you paid for fallout 4 you need to leave immediately.

Exodus 2016
>>
>>322803995
Here's a reply: New Vegas had unique shit behind static level walls and the others didn't because muh scaling enemies.
>>
Right
>gunplay is the best it's ever been
>combat overall is fun
>health regens instead of instantly
>voice acting
>plot is breddy gud
>crafting is god tier

Wrong
>your choices in dialog don't mean shit
>bugs galore
>no mini games
>everything is pretty much a combat arena, no spooky loneliness
>pre established back story for MC
>dialog wheel instead of menu
>difficulty goes down the drain
>every quest is kill this, collect that
>only one hub
>REUSING FALLOUT 3 RADIO TRACKS, there was more than enough music in the early to mid 1900's for them to not copy paste fo3's radio, hearing the same old tracks over and over really dampers the fun
>>
File: ATTENTION.gif (817 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
ATTENTION.gif
817 KB, 245x184
>>322795261
Weren't consoles supposedly getting mods for this game?
Has that happened yet? Any word on it?

I'm on PC, but I'm genuinely curious as to how they would even do it. Does this game run well on console? Or would adding mods make it unplayable?
>>
File: 1451801089206.jpg (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451801089206.jpg
25 KB, 400x400
>>322804845
>Right
>>voice acting
>>
>>322804845
>plot is breddy gud
no it's not
>>
>>322803995

You, faggy queercakes, likely bought the pipboy edition. And, despite your anus puckering on purchase, you felt the urge to mod it, so you slid a photo of a massive cock under the screen, so you can pretend its a scratch and sniff when you get lonely.

P.S: Faggot.
>>
>>322804993
female voice actor is p gud. never used male.
>>
>>322804993
There's a lot of tone deaf people in America.
>>
>>322804954
Q1 2016 (hopefully)
>>
>>322804954
My guess is that it will be further explained AFTER the creation kit is released. I could see them putting an option in the main menu for the "workshop" similarly to how steam had that and youd just click "install" to get it. Probably need to mod your console or do some weird shit to get nexus mods.
>>
>>322799960
>Be me
>>>reddit
>>
>>322805737
>creation kit is released
I'm fairly newborn when it comes to PC stuff and the whole modding scene. What is the creation kit? Is it tools to mod the game? How are people making mods without it on PC?
>>
I was so excited for this, I honestly was,
I tried protecting myself from the opinions of /v/, I knew it wouldn't be as good as an Obsidian Fallout but I was excited nevertheless.

went right :
>They had the right direction with customization
>Base Building and how it played in with the new loot system was really neat
>Good Gunplay
>Weapons felt satisfying
>a few nice tie-ins with FO3 characters,
>Nick Valentine
>some fun and interesting quests, note = some, not all.
>Character Customisation

What went wrong,
>dialogue tree
>sometimes it honestly felt, 'like skyrim with guns'
>constant waifu debate threads on curie or piper
>the map was too small
>OP supermutants with their mininuke launchers (more of a difficulty problem)
>I was getting bored after 100h,
>no ammo crafting
>no armour crafting
>no ammo variations
>way too many bugs
>all of the weapons are left handed
>all of the quests were fetch quests
>uninspired story

I really wanted it to be good /v/, I honestly had such high hopes,
fuck you todd howard,
you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>322805983
people are making mods anyway because they're real modders out there. the creation kit is like a "modding for dummies" book. Skyrim had one and got a shit ton of mods made afterward so I'd only assume they'd make another for Fallout 4.
>>
>>322796867
>a version of forge that's somehow even more watered-down than the real thing
No thanks
>>
>>322806485
OH! thanks, anon.
So the mods being made now are by people who are good and don't need a guide book, or interface made specifically to do so?
Oh, alright.
>>
Not enough quests.
There were lots of locations, but only a handful of memorable ones. Too many "generic building with pipe pistol loot" places.
All of the factions are retarded. All of them.
>>
>>322806894
Pretty much. its also why a lot of the current mods are simple things like reskins and changing textures.
>>
>>322807347
>All of the factions are retarded. All of them.

This. All of them just have some kind of irredeemable flaw that makes their logic completely retarded.
>>
>>322807372
cool cool.
Any word on when that is happening? I'm planning on getting this game on PC at some point, but preferably once I can mod it to pieces.
>>
File: bokunoichi_mikage_san.png (97 KB, 734x835) Image search: [Google]
bokunoichi_mikage_san.png
97 KB, 734x835
>>322803269
why are sharkteeth so perfect
>>
>>322807347
Personally I thought that was on of the bad points of the game. Sure you could mod the hell out of a gun, but the base number of weapons really wasn't that great. And what about assault rifles? That was the best part about fighting Super mutants early in New Vegas was getting shit like AK's and M4's early. An "assault rifle" in 4 is just a pipe pistol with a stock, long barrel, and is full auto.
>>
>>322807548
That's what you get when Bethesda tries to mimic the gray morality of New Vegas.
>>
>>322806054
>sometimes it honestly felt, 'like skyrim with guns'

I wished it would be atleast a "skyrim with guns". I had by far more fun with Skyrim than with fallout 4.
>>
>>322807973
>I had by far more fun with Skyrim than with fallout 4.
Why do you feel that way? Quest structure? Weapon feel? Better waifu mods?
>>
>>322807548
This is pretty much the exact reason I just wondered around and was a dick in the wasteland. I'd take an interest in a faction, do a couple things with them, then as I "got to know them" more the flaws and obiviously established clashing morality between another faction would appear and I'd just not want to have anything to do with that faction anymore because it was simplistic and 1 dimensional feeling.
>>
>>322808187
I think the game had quite a nice feel, that might be why
>>
>>322795261
give chris avellone his own studio like they did with mikami
>>
>>322807548
>Railroad password is 'railroad'
>unleashing rogue synths on the wasteland

>Institute replace people with synths for no valid reason
>FEV research

>Brotherhood genocide non-humans
>decide to bury their dead troops power armour so nobody can hijack it in a wasteland full of power armour just lying around

>minutemen unlimited fetch quest works, no farmer in the wasteland has electricity or any defences
>artillery you'll probably never use
>>
>>322795453

Right
>Gunplay improved
>Character creation improved
-The radiation felt like an actual threat this time around
-"Improved" enemy AI

Wrong
>Everything else

What do you want from the next Bethesda game?
>Obsidian
-At first I was against it, but now the tides are turning
>>
>>322804726
(You)
>>
>>322808953
last time they signed a bad deal in their desperation for toddollars
they cant do worse than f4 for sure
>>
>>322808527
artillery is basically
>oh nice I get it
>never use it because the game is easy enough to survive any hard situations
>>
>>322808527
Additionally

>Railroad
>no goals after total freedom of synths is achieved

>Institute
>dont think gen 3 synths are on the same level as humans despite them being physically the same in every possible way except for the installed synth component

>Brotherhood
>durr institute making carbon copies of humans is the path to evul somehow and will recreate the apocalypse
>"lol SS go get me a buncha nukes, the exact same ones used to end the world, that'll show them we're the good guys"

>Minutemen
>completely bland as fuck; 0 personality to any characters or the faction as a whole
>>
>see a vertibird
>only a matter of time before it crashes and burns and fucks you up
>>
Anybody waiting for dishonored 2 like I am? Now, Dishonored was an amazing game.
>>
>>322795261
>What went right?
Th Power Armors. A lot of things to some point (KEY WORDS: SOME and POINT)

>What went wrong?
Where the fuck is my roleplay?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.