[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The story I lived kicks off in a horror dystopia of he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
"The story I lived kicks off in a horror dystopia of heteronormativity where the societal expectations of a militarised America have locked me into an existence I hate: clawing my way into a law degree in a bid to gain some power over my own life, locked in a sham marriage with my gay best friend, forced to give up my one shred of independence to breed a new generation of bodies to tend the capitalist machine. We cannot even speak honestly to each other, fearful of the machines inside our corporate-issue walls, and can only share our anguish in our oddly still expressions. In this world, the child in the crib is important to me only in that he is beloved of my closest friend, and the only thing that belongs – nominally – to us.

When the bombs fall, it is something of a relief. When I emerge into a new world where everything that once trapped me has been crushed and swept away, where I can build a new and better life outside of the control of a military-industrial complex that seeks to homogenise and dull its citizens into perfect little gears, it is a revelation. When I meet a witty and courageous truth-teller with a mile-wide independent streak and a quirked, subtle smile, it is a revolution."

https://www.vg247.com/2015/11/26/fallout-4-nobody-gives-a-shit-about-shaun/
>>
okay
>>
>>322784483

Oh, I get it. It's like, if you apply video game logic to real life it becomes silly. Like how video game people don't emote as well as real people. That's pretty clever. Why has nobody ever done this before?
>>
>>322784483
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
M
>>
>>322784483
The thumbnail looked like she had no pants on. Disappointing.
>>
Codsworth disliked that.
>>
>>322785705
and that she was fucking the guy
>>
>>322784483
Isn't this a satire site
>>
File: 1441256674881.jpg (341 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1441256674881.jpg
341 KB, 1024x768
>>322784483
>you will never have someone standing over you in a full sized crib as you are dressed in a baby outfit
>you will never have someone standing over you giggling at you as you suck of your bottle
>you will never have someone change your wet diaper as you blush as they show their friends
>>
>>322784483
While that might seem completely autistic, I find that writing out an explanation like that really helps me enjoy role-playing. It's especially helpful in games like Fallout 4 where the character has an established background that doesn't fit well with how I'd like them to be. I just recently wrote one for a female Bosmer in Skyrim and it helped a lot with establishing a personality and goals for the character. If you think things like this are lame, maybe role-playing isn't for you. Table-top players usually get even more into it.
>>
>>322787646
>you will never suck those anime boobu

Why live
>>
>>322787257

Is not anon... It's not.
>>
>>322787646
I heard people pay for this in Japan
>>
>>322787927

And that exercise can be very rewarding. What I disagree with, however, is the SABishness of the article. I am not looking to have children myself, but author's opinion rubs me wrong, anyway. You give birth, you bring a child into this world, you are immediately beholden to it. That is nature. The column seems to dismiss this entirely - and nevermind the circumstance of the war. Shaun's life was simply a tax write-off.

I wonder if the author chose the Institute. Their disregard for human life seems to fit with her mode, and Shaun's existence there would certainly serve for a bittersweet irony.
>>
This is why Fallout characters shouldn't have established backstories other than they are from this place. Because you get queers who can't insert as special snowflake homos and have to write articles about it.
>>
>>322787927
The sad part is that you shouldn't do this if they were proper RPG-s, because it's nothing more than playing pretend - unless you mod heavily, the game world never properly reacts to your characterisation like an actual roleplaying game.
>>
>>322789641
>the game world never properly reacts to your characterisation like an actual roleplaying game

Which is why the stories in /tg/ will always be better than /v/.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.