[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If it turned out that you were Solidus and not some random jackoff,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: sdvdbvdfbf.png (575 KB, 705x420) Image search: [Google]
sdvdbvdfbf.png
575 KB, 705x420
If it turned out that you were Solidus and not some random jackoff, would you have liked this game more, less, or the same?
>>
The same

If it was finished I would have liked it more
>>
>>322756790
>be me
>playing mgsv fresh because it was on sale
>open /v/
>first thing i see is a spoiler
Fuck.
>>
>>322756790
he wasn't random though. he was in PW
>>
>>322756790
depends if they woulda let Hayter voice him instead and give snake a reasonable amount of dialog
>>
>>322756790
If there's actually a story attached to it
>>
>>322757027
>Hayter
>vocing Solidus
>>
File: 1404511335747.jpg (70 KB, 424x424) Image search: [Google]
1404511335747.jpg
70 KB, 424x424
>>322756879
>going on /v/ and not expecting spoilers
>>be me
>>
If the only difference was that Venom was Solidus Id still find the presentation lacking and the content sparse.
>>
>>322756879
>>be me
return to reddit
>>
>>322756790
The same. We should have been Boss. We should have started Foxhound and found the team members from MGS1 as kids. We should have rescued Grey Fox and Naomi. We should have had a satisfying boss fight somewhere, and a satisfying ending to a somewhat interesting villain. We should have become demons, like the trailers said.

I am and always will be buttmad about the story. But at least the gameplay was good, right? Fuck Kojima.
>>
I would. At least Solidus is somewhat relevant compared to some boring medic..
>>
It would have been significantly worse. Solidus worst snake and worst story line

>gee guys don't you think that THE US PRESIDENT LOOKS AN AWFUL LOT LIKE BIG BOSS????
>>
>>322757693
>recruiting Dirty Duck and Machine gun Kid

MUH DICK
>>
>>322756790
>be me
>>
>>322758293
I always thought that was the entire point of Solidus. That America thought the world's greatest soldier and war hero that saved the world from World War 3 a few times was elected president. Just based on the "gud military record" like Ike.
>>
>>322758501
No. Nobody knew who he was. The Patriots put him in office.
>>
>>322756790
I'unno. I'd have liked if we didn't need a "take 2" in the game to integrate Liquid's plot. But the resolution would have been infinitely more important.
>>
>>322758656
>The Patriots put him in office.
But there still WERE elections. People voted and believed their votes mattered.
>>
>>322758773
Surely the people would vote a defector of us military into presidency...
>>
>>322758302
Besides how cool that would have been, you also wouldn't have felt like the MC was worthless and just a ploy to explain off a plot point nobody cared about.
>>
>>322758773
He ran as George Sears who's campaign was noted for nuclear disarmament and being anti-eugenics. Looking like Big Boss was all meme shit and coincidence, fixed votes or not people knew they weren't voting for the actual Big Boss.

Big Boss probably had a Che Guevara style reputation in the Metal Gear universe so that's a positive or a negative depending on who's looking.
>>
>>322759973
Let me add: not only nobody cared about, but was already explained at the end of MG1 when Boss says something like "I'll get you Solid Snake!" That whole thing could have been explained by Grey Fox taking his time to carry Boss out before the base exploded.
>>
If that meant we had gotten a subplot about Solidus' involvement in the Liberian war and child soldier Raiden I guess I would have liked it more. But if everything else was the same it wouldn't have made much of a difference and would have raised even more questions than Venoms actual identity.
>>
No.

The twist is supposed to be symbolic.
Also-
>Caring about MGS canon.

Hahahaha, oh wow. Just go along for the ride.
>>
The actual idea of the twist was not bad, the actual execution is. And this is also due to the pacing and depth of the story prior to the twist that makes it come across so poorly.

Like, why the fuck did it happen the way it did? It literally comes across as an afterthought that has literally nothing to do with the events which just happened. So Big Boss is mourning the death of his men by his own hands, then all of a sudden, this twist happens with no build up whatsoever. It does absolutely nothing more than show how disconnected the ending really is from the rest of the game.

This game is just poorly paced, barren and monotonous. Adding a chapter 3 will not fix any of this.
>>
>>322757693
Baby Han Solo
>>
>>322756790
Probably less, it would just raise further unanswered questions. And you wouldn't be able to make your character black and laugh at that ending cutscene
>>
>>322760102
>Big Boss probably had a Che Guevara style reputation in the Metal Gear universe

He did, but not really until before MGS4 when a bunch of documents about him were declassified.
>>
>>322760308
>turn your brain off and enjoy!

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>322756790
A little bit...the game still sucks.
>>
>>322760543
I think it's your brain that is off Anon. Because you actually care about MGS canon.

The whole of MGS2 is basically- "Stop giving so much of a shit about what's real or not."
>>
>>322756879
do you not come here often?
>>
>>322760385
Fair but it's all about how they handle it. Seeing little Liquid was cool when he first showed up but they did so little with him and then completely removed a chapter dedicated to him so know we have a character that was better off left alone than partially shat on.

Developing the original Foxhound members and the Outer Haven mercenaries can be done fine just not with the way Kojima likes to approach these stories now.
>>
>>322761024
Yeah. It's the le silly pomo man of vidya. Exasperating to say the least seeing so many people compare 2 favorably to V mainly because the story in V wasn't formulaic enough
>>
>>322760384
Also the whole "twist" is spoiled in the beginning of the game when you have to create a face for your character.
>>
>>322761024
>MGS2 said not to care, so you can't care about something and are an idiot because you do!

>>322761201
People favor 2 for more than the story
>>
If it wasn't trying to be every western triple a casual garbage and was metal gear it wouldve been better.
It is good at what it does though.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.