[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does vidya persist when the perfect game was already released
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 256x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 256x178
Why does vidya persist when the perfect game was already released almost 20 years ago?
>>
But Undertale wasn't released 20 years ago.
>>
how is it not an rpg?
>>
the level design is shit compared to other marios.
>>
>>322745592
It needs a remake that fixes its camera first. Its close, but even when it came out that camera was considered serviceable at best.

It rode on doing the camera better than the rest, but in 1996 that was not a compliment. It was settling.
>>
>>322745916
>muh camera

Every

Single

Time
>>
>>322746259
It was shit. That's why it gets said "Every. Single. Time."

Still one of the best Marios ever. Controls are fucking damn near flawless.
>>
>>322747039
The camera was fine then, and it's fine now.

But you wouldn't want to diverge form the hivemind opinion, would you redditor? :^)
>>
>greased pig simulator 1995
>the perfect game
top kek
>>
Not even the greatest in its genre back then.

2D Mario is superior btw
>>
>>322748415
Yeah, I remember thinking "Man I can't wait to find out who is manipulating my thoughts in the future. What's a reddit, I wonder?" back in 1996. Seriously though, who other than shit-for-brains retards like Brianna Wu try to blame everything on groupthink boogeymen being out to get them?

Protip: Its not a groupthink conspiracy, its just that the camera really is that shitty, and a lot of people aren't fucking blind.
>>
>>322745714
>undertale sure is a funny way of spelling hl3
>hl3 released 20 years in the future
>>
>>322745592
because EA exists.

>>322745916
and the DS port made it even WORSE.
what the Wii U needs is not a remake of this game, but rather a new game from the ground up in this style.

aside from Yooka, there hasn't been a collect-a-thon platformer since SUNSHINE. why did the industry just suddenly decide collect-a-thons weren't cool anymore?
>>
>>322749736
>aside from Yooka, there hasn't been a collect-a-thon platformer since SUNSHINE. why did the industry just suddenly decide collect-a-thons weren't cool anymore?

Overexposure only manages to kill the fun genres. FPS is immune for some fucking reason.
>>
>>322749880
oh, FPS are pretty much a hollow corpse at this point, but there's millions of retard-babies born every year, so as long as Genocide doesn't happen, fuckheads who buy this shit will exist.
>>
what's up with all these mario 64 threads?
>>
I really hate half circle turning

if sm64 let you turn on a dime it'd be way better
>>
>>322748968
Upboated ;D
>>
>>322748968
Shut the fuck up. The camera works the exact same as any modern platformer, it's just about half a second slower.
>>
>>322749880
>why did the industry just suddenly decide collect-a-thons weren't cool anymore?

For the same reason that they stopped making turn based squad games, space sims, adventure games and hardcore persistent world mmos... Because the people in charge of greenlighting AAA products don't know anything about games and will always choose "safe" options like fps, tps and theme park mmos because they don't know what their audience wants.

Meanwhile trash like minecraft, starshitizen and Day Z have made massive bank by filling the void and people like telltale and firaxis have cornered their respective markets.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.