[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Subnautica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Subnautica_Base_Concept_Small1.jpg (112 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Subnautica_Base_Concept_Small1.jpg
112 KB, 640x360
Early access, underwater base building survival exploration thing. looks pretty good.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/264710/

do i play it now or wait for it to be finished? its it any good? anyone with experience? discussion.
>>
>>322735926
It's alright for a little while, then you get bored.

If I were you, I'd wait until it's a finished product.
>>
>Early Access
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>early access
>>
>>322736281
thats what i've been considering.

i am tempted to give it some time now although i know how early access goes. im wondering if i will ruin it for myself.
>>
>>322735926
I'v been playing it since the start.
It's great and i always come back to it but i would wait for the finished product, the ocean is awesome and some places it's beautiful but the open sea is lacking quite a lot.
>>
Barotrauma update when?
>>
If it looked spookier I would have tried it out.
>>
Played Subnautica for a while, its shaping up and has promise, but it gets boring after a while. Wait till its more developed like >>322736281
said
>>
>>322737595
but im tempted
>>
this games been out for a long time, but suddenly its forced on us by all the youtubers

whats going on
gets super boring after an hour
>>
>>322737356
actually its spookier when you dive over 1000M. i think the dev planning for bigger monster for deeper level
>>
>>322735926
play it in creative mode while high so you can chill exploring aquatic prettiness for an hour or so until you get bored. Not much more to do than that, the "survival" modes are nothing but a chore forcing you to eat and drink constantly just to not die

Basically all it has going for it is its visual + audio design, the gameplay itself is fairly weak desu
>>
>>322735926
i like to get real dude weed lmao and just explore in free mode.

I dont like base building shit, it just seems like such a fucking chore to gather all the mats, especially in survival when you got hunger and thirst to deal with. i dont want to build shit, i just wanna swim around and find cool stuff

I like survival games but in this dealing w/ hunger and thirst gets really annoying after a while especially when youre just wandering around trying to find a specific fucking mat and just to eat something you need the fish and like x mat you dont have
>>
>early access
>building
>survival
>exploration
There's a billion of these and most of them have retards that slap the label "promising" on them. Promising meaning you're only going to get promises.
>>
>>322738485
this is by the devs who did NS2 iirc, so they're at least competent and not random no-names, but yeah

like >>322737897 & >>322738357 said, it's only fun to play when drunk or high and exploring in creative mode so you don't have to worry about the retarded hunger/thirst/health or gathering materials to build shit with the very limited inventory space you have
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.