[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 17
File: metal_gear_solid_5-2723810.jpg (68 KB, 580x667) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_solid_5-2723810.jpg
68 KB, 580x667
So I was out of the internet because i didnt want you faggets to spoil this for me

now that i finished it i can ask you all

whats your opinion about this game? I think its better than 4 and there is absolutely no reason for another metal gear to be made, I dont know if it ties ups loose ends perfectly, but hell it does it.

also the gameplay is the better in the series

The only thing i didnt like was the lack of boss battles.

so what /v/ has come to?
>>
>>322690484
It doesn't tie up loose ends at all.

What the hell did Eli and the other child soldiers do with Sahelanthropus after they left?
>>
Story was lackluster, production values and gameplay were top notch. Anyone who says MGSV is worse than 4 is a memer, 4 is hardly even a fucking video game

>>322690683
They went to form their own Lord of the Flies colony on an island. Was meant to be the final mission of the game but was cut because Konami refused to delay the game any further.
>>
Great gameplay, disappointing story, worst villain in series. If they just had more story in it, it would be GOAT stuff, now it left a bittersweet taste.
>>
>>322690484
>noko
>>
>>322691221
>worst villain in series

Skullface is actually pretty damn good, it's just the stuff with the VOCAL CORD PARASITES is nonsensical. His ideology is actually neat and is a great hard counter to what Zero believes
>>
>>322690484
>noko
>>
>>322691221
>now it left a bittersweet taste.

i think its intended to be that way, i mean isnt that the theme?

phantom pain, void, words that cannot be pronounced, people robbed of their identities

>>322691267
congratulations, now that you notice those things, you're finally an oldfag
>>
File: 1451242926956.gif (103 KB, 458x438) Image search: [Google]
1451242926956.gif
103 KB, 458x438
>>322691267
I-I'm an oldfag now... right guys?
>>
How the fuck do I unequip both primary weapons?

What the hell happened to On-Site Procurement?
>>
>>322691221

Skullface is better than coldman at least.
>>
>>322692070
that is for clone plebs, Big Boss can even ask for tanks to use if he wants.
>>
File: 1350449626103.jpg (25 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1350449626103.jpg
25 KB, 413x395
>>322690484

>PS3
>>
>>322692371
If I want to walk into battle fucking naked I should be able to.
>>
Amazing, I love it. However it is unfinished but otherwise it would have been almost perfect.
>>
Gameplay wise, it's the best in the series. By far.

Storywise, I can't believe I'm saying this but even MGS4 had a better story than V. TPP had an absolutely shit story. How do you even fuck up so much.
>>
>>322691836
>It's okay for something to be shitty if it is intending to be!
>>
>using noko when thread watcher exists
>>
>>322692897

Maybe because EVERYTHING CANT BE PERFECT? BECAUSE WE DONT LIVE IN A FANTASY WORLD? YOU SELFISH LITTLE DWEEB?
>>
>>322692912
ok i didint say that nor im IMPLYING it

But come on, we all know kojima, in MGS4 it was obvious he wanted to make us cry, i feel this one is directed to make us chocke on angst, taste the feeling that "something is missing"

All the charactes contribute to that
>>
File: 1448513925298.jpg (22 KB, 349x344) Image search: [Google]
1448513925298.jpg
22 KB, 349x344
>>322693261
Because paying for a finished product is only possible in a fantasy world?
>>
>>322693517

You ADMIT the graphics are an achievement, you ADMIT the gameplay was best in the series, but you cant just accept that the story was something other than what you expected and that doesnt make it shit? I hope you and all the other jaded cunts calling this game "unfinished" die in a car fire but not before you try and fail to do something as difficult in your life as design a top notch video game
>>
>>322694187
Oh boy, someone sure is butthurt.
>>
>>322694504
thats some top notch argument.
>>
>>322694187
It's not that it wasn't what I expected, I just didn't find it good.

The Venom Snake twist is meaningless, comes out of nowhere, and doesn't add to the overall MGS mythos whatsoever. It cheapens other characters, like Liquid Snake, because he never actually met the real Big Boss. We never see how Venom reacts to it, and besides a one off line from Kaz in the epilogue, we don't really know how others react to it either.

the VOCAL CORD PARASITE stuff is utter nonsense, and is even more ludicrous than nanomachines.

Zero dindu nuffin makes the twist even more stupid. He wasn't a man with fundamentally good intentions who made bad decisions, he was literally an idiot who got manipulated by Skullface and the Patriots were all Sigint's fault

Quiet is a dumb, pointless character

etc
>>
>>322695305
The story is ok at best but the game is unfinished no matter what you claim. Events go without conclusion, battlegear is introduced and then nothing, the real ending happens with zero context.
>>
File: 1450718713461.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1450718713461.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>322694187
I don't admit shit. I'm a different anon than the one you initially replied to. All I'm saying is that I was promised a game that would make a story go full circle, all while sacrificing gameplay aspects along the way.

Don't assume every reply is the same person because you just defeated your own argument by trying to put words in my mouth.
>>
>>322695409

Again I ask you, DO BETTER! If the story is so shit, phone up Kojima and send him your mind-shattering script! The fucking guy has been producing quality vidya for generations and all you can do is bitch and moan about irrelevant shit
>>
File: 1451795413041.jpg (81 KB, 500x548) Image search: [Google]
1451795413041.jpg
81 KB, 500x548
Mechanically it's an 11/10

It suffers slightly from the Ops missions rather than having a stricter linear narrative. Your enjoyment of the pacing depends entirely on how much you like being creative and trying different methods. It has all the tools to make your own fun but some people expected more scripted elements.

The complaints about the story and "cut content" are people who only have a very base level understanding of the series. If someone praises 2 and shits on V they're 100% someone who pretends to know about the series (see: persona fanbase, NGE fanbase)
>>
File: naked feel.png (546 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
naked feel.png
546 KB, 1000x1000
No more Kojima Metal Gear. . .
>>
File: 1442433515663.jpg (1 MB, 1737x2600) Image search: [Google]
1442433515663.jpg
1 MB, 1737x2600
>>322690484
Best Metal Gear since MGS2.

And it fucking FALLS APART at the halfway point. Definitely suffers from shit pacing and horrible padding near the end, but deals with the most interesting themes the series has ever dipped into, has by far and away the best writing of the series, the voice acting is fucking killer, and no third-person shooter feels this good to play.

No bosses and obvious dickery from Konami makes this game far from perfect, but if you can see past that and take in what Kojima was saying through this title, you have a much better end to the series than the fan-service travesty that was MGS4.

Also, that twist and the way it grounds you as a player to Venom Snake was fucking glorious. Best incomplete game I've ever played.
>>
It's easily the biggest disappointment of 2015, but it's still the best game of 2015.
>>
File: 1450247338775.png (961 KB, 2046x1114) Image search: [Google]
1450247338775.png
961 KB, 2046x1114
>>322695757
Nigga, you get it.
>>
File: 1401986072531.png (381 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1401986072531.png
381 KB, 1280x720
>Big Boss can go to hell. I'll make the phantom and his sons stronger.
I never imagined i'd do a complete 180 in my opinion of a character after the credits of a game.
>>
File: 1445039969573.gif (82 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1445039969573.gif
82 KB, 540x336
>>322696935
>implying Kaz wasn't perfect all game
>>
>>322696935
It's funny that people have so much hate for the Venom twist and say that it gives nothing to the overall Metal Gear mythos; but if you just listen to all those post-credits tapes, you see a series long narrative that wraps itself up better than I ever thought Kojima could end something.

It even manages to make MGS4 post-credits scene with Big Boss and Zero somehow more grounded and less out-of-fucking-nowhere. People can try and say MGSV was a disappointment, but the whole series stands taller because of its existence, and I think people will see that as years go by and the game gels over everyone's brains.
>>
The way they let Liquid and his nigger friends escape with Sally in the story is just lazy. Ocelot is just like "Well, that's that...".

Even the deleted ending sucked, Psycho Mantis removes the parasite from Eli's body effortlessly and then flies him to New York, America. What happened while they were in New York? Did they just live in at an orphanage? on the streets? get an apartment?

I was hoping to see a EVA, or a young Solid at some point but that never happened. I was hoping Quiet would be Sniper Wolf, but it's a new character who just vanishes like Eli.

The cutscene where Venom is screaming at the sky at a village looked interesting and a memorable scene in the game, but that was cut. Skull Face looked bad ass in Ground Zeroes but in TPP he's just some edgy guy who makes up dramatic dialogue to himself while standing in flames and has a lame death scene.
>>
File: conspiracy.jpg (589 KB, 1300x5921) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
589 KB, 1300x5921
I'm still waiting for fan theories that we actually play as a disoriented Big Boss all along.
>>
>>322697692
>What happened while they were in New York? Did they just live in at an orphanage? on the streets? get an apartment?
They were taken in by Zero. Eli was actually David.
>>
>>322698115
If there's one thing that's consistent in the story of TPP, it's that Venom is completely and utterly unreliable as a narrator, and I think this scene proves just that. He could easily have been manipulated into leaving those tapes for himself as part of further deception by Ocelot. There's really no reason for Venom to even exist in the story.
>>
>>322697692
>Even the deleted ending sucked, Psycho Mantis removes the parasite from Eli's body effortlessly and then flies him to New York, America. What happened while they were in New York? Did they just live in at an orphanage? on the streets? get an apartment?
Are you aware that some writers leave some sections of their stories open-ended to allow the viewer/reader their own speculation/interpretation. Do you get that if everything is just given to the reader/viewer that a narrative can appear to be lacking in confidence and depth?

A big reason why the prequel trilogy of Star Wars was so poorly received was its over-reliance on heavy exposition. Everything was explained to you in those films, instead of building intrigue for you by allowing your mind to fill in the blanks. Begging for everything to be tied up in a neat little bow insults your own intelligence.
>>
>>322695726
>if you don't like it than YOU do better!

Is the ultimate deflection of the fanboy drone.
>>
>>322698863
In other words, the writers couldn't think of a proper conclusion for the story and tell the fans to figure it out for themselves since the writers lack an imagination of their own.
>>
I'm only just playing it now myself as well due to a busy September and October, and as a long time fan of the series I didn't think the gameplay could be anymore polished or the controls any tighter. I was wrong. Best gameplay in the series. The atmosphere is immersive as hell and it's a world I can lose myself in however briefly. The only glaring anachronism to the 80s (besides metal gear itself which is always weird) is the iDroid, but other than that I'm enjoying the 80s vibe and killing/knocking out/etc shitloads of afghani/africans.

Does quiet ever become more than what feels like a fanservice hot white girl stereotype? Also is it ever addressed why you need an interpreter for Russian when ocelot exists and why does a Russian sound like a somewhat southern American now?
>>
>>322690484
>So I was out of the internet because i didnt want you faggets to spoil this for me

You meaning to say it took you fucking 4 months to finish this piece of shit?
>>
>>322690683
Watch the removed ending.
>>
File: 1421287615082.jpg (37 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
1421287615082.jpg
37 KB, 500x437
>>322697250
>ate a hamburger exactly like that last night.
>thought about those tapes the whole time.
>>
>>322700601
Dude, get out of this thread now.
>>
>>322700969
New V player here. How much of the after mission tapes and shit should I listen to? Did they move a lot of the exposition of the story there? Are there any hidden tapes or anything that add to the story or setting?
>>
>>322700601
The only 80s vibe I got from this game was from the music on the cassette tapes, which I rarely listened to.
>>
>>322701264
Just listen to the tapes marked with a gold dot. Don't bother listening to all of them, few others are that interesting anyway.
>>
>>322701192
...? You're worried about spoilers for me or something? I already have had the game spoiled for me because I still went on /v/ in the last quarter of 2015. I know the twists and such, but the stuff about quiet and ocelot never really got answered. The throat parasite and hurr anybody can be big boss thing as well as venom being the medic are things I knew already.
>>
>>322701447
Alright, thank you. Adding plot to tapes feels like system shock 2 to me.
>>
>>322701264
Listen to them all. As soon as they become available, since that's when they're relevant to the plot. A friend of mine somehow managed to play the game without listening to most of them till the end and was totally lost.
>>
>>322700593
You get all that you need from that cut ending. Venom basically disgraces Liquid as a human being and further fuels his hatred for Big Boss. Ocelot obviously watches over him because they're in league with one another during MGS1, and Miller goes of to train Solid Snake with the hopes of "making the phantom and his sons stronger."

Everything is fucking explained to you in the cut ending and post-credits tapes. What the fuck would watching Liquid Snake "get an apartment" do for the game's overall narrative structure. If you're so fucking hung up on the most trivial details of this franchises story, why don't you just write a fanfic about Liquid Snake's teenage years.
>>
>>322695726
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
>>
>>322701568
Quiet is the only character that gets a full arc. Ocelot says he's not fast enough to do a good translator job.
>>
>>322701963
Why would anyone want to write a fanfic about Big Boss' failure of a clone? I still feel horrible about how Kaz dies. That guy had a hard life.
>>
>>322701675
It's basically the newest replacement to MGS4's huge expositionary monologues which were a replacement to MGS2's huge expositionary codec calls.

Kojima's gotta get his lore in somehow. I personally preferred them to be mandatory but that's just me.
>>
>>322702217
Fuck if I know, the guy I was replying to was super hung up with how Liquid's story ends in MGSV's cut ending.
>>
>get a notice for invader at my FOB
>Cucked "Pachinko" Snake

Which of you faggots is this? I smiled when I put a bullet in your waifu's head :^)
>>
>>322702142
Fair enough. I still wish they'd have gotten the ocelot va from mgs1 to come back. I'll never forget how he said "I love to reload during a battle! There's nothing like the feeling of slamming a long silver bullet into a well-greased chamber". V's ocelot is too level headed for that.
>>
>>322690484
>noko

man i haven't seen that in a while.
>>
>>322702491
>he plays mgo
>>
>>322702750
Troy Baker literally made no sense as a middle-aged Ocelot.

Patrick Zimmerman would've been perfectly fine voicing our favorite 40-year-old spaghetti western russian spy.
>>
>>322703109
He made about as much sense as kiefer did. I wanted hayter just for old times sake. Did Kojima give a reason behind that or was his story about money the truth? Or was it because Venom vs Big Boss so venom should sound differently?
>>
>>322703061
MGO and FoB arent the same thing family
>>
>can't kill child soldiers

Look, I'm not some loser weirdo who wants a game where you get to kill children, but even in today's standards and society, military law allows a service member to lethally engage in combat with minors if their (the adult soldier's) life is being threatened. I also get that Venom really wasn't Big Boss, therefore, they needn't paint him as a bad guy like BB really is but it was still pretty odd and broke some immersion.
>inb4 >immersion in a game about killer robots and supernatural shit
>>
>>322703061
>FOB
>MGO
>same thing

You are literally retarded. End your life.
>>
Worst gameplay, decent controls, decent story thats ruined by being unfinished.
>>
>>322703569
If was to differentiate BB and Venom it doesn't make sense since David Hayter doesn't voice BB in TPP or GZ when he very easily could.

Ultimately, it's because Kojima is a huge westaboo and got wet over the idea of getting a Hollywood actor to play Snake. THAT SAID, against my incredibly low expectation and very negative bias towards Sutherland, I think he fucking knocked it out of the park as both Venom and Big Boss and was super happy with his performance.

Troy Baker on the other hand was a literal meme level voice actor and ultimately passes through purely on sheer comedic value alone.
>>
>>322703741
>>322703602
Was fishing for free bumps. Thanks.
>>
>>322703783
>Worst gameplay

You mean literal best gameplay, unless you mean level design, cause I won't argue with that. Mechanics are 10/10 though.
>>
>>322701963
I don't consider deleted content to be part of the story, if it was then it would have been in the final game. Adding the deleted scene as part of a pre-order bonus in which players pay extra money for just to find out what happens after the final product is bullshit.

>why don't YOU make something better?
this bullshit again, it's like getting a missing part of a meal at McDonalds and having the manager argue with you instead of telling the workers how to do their job.
>>
>>322704071
>eating at mcdonalds
>>
>>322703645
I was okay with it -specifically- because of the spoiler you outlined. Looking back, as annoying as it is not being to kill little fuckers who are shooting at you with live ammunition, I still really like the narrative standpoint of Venom Snake effectively misinterpreting Big Bosses ideals and more or less idolizing him as morally righteous individual through his own(Venom's) actions. All of Venom's misinterpretations of BB's character are hyper-interesting because of his relationship with BB and the whole fact that he thinks he's his hero when in actuality he's not.

I dunno, it's just provides interesting insight to what I view as a tremendously interesting character..
>>
They could have removed 20 of the main missions and it would have been fine. Possibly made some of the tapes into cutscenes.
>>
>>322702384
I've been interested in this series throughout most of my life. I like to know everything about the characters that has a big impact on the series. Showing a character being carried away from another floating character and then showing NYC in the next shot is just fucking dumb.
>>
>>322704071
>Adding the deleted scene as part of a pre-order bonus in which players pay extra money for just to find out what happens after the final product is bullshit.

First off, I didn't pay shit to watch the deleted scene because it was literally up on Youtube like two days after the game's release.

Second, are you aware of why the content was cut in the first place? It wasn't to incentivize pre-orders or boost pre-sales. It's because Konami cut funding on this game, HARD.

So can you begin to comprehend how stupid you sound when you say this cut content isn't part of the story because "if it was it would have been in the final game?" Are you really so fucking dense to not comprehend this game was shoved out the door before it hit completion. MGSV -isn't- a final game. It's literally incomplete as most obviously evidenced by the way the entire pacing of the game's narrative fell apart at the onset of Chapter 2.
>>
jesus christ playing 4 right now and first act is so good
>>
>>322705701
I wish V would also have the battlefield with two sides fighting.
>>
>>322704481
The way i see it, the reason he treats his subordinates so well and is so dedicated to them, is because he is just like them, a fool with nonwhere else to go blinded by the legend of big boss
>>
>>322704810
>I like to know everything about the characters that has a big impact on the series.

If you were truly interested in this series you'd be able to connect the dots that MGSV practically throws in your face. Liquid's hate for his father is further fueled by Venom effectively taking away his Metal Gear and besting him.

Liquid, being Liquid, a fiery ball of tremendous insecurity, vows to surpass his father and eventually takes control of Foxhound with what he believes to be the help of Ocelot. You can presume Ocelot finds Liquid at a young age in New York and takes him in for training with the promise that he'll guide him on his path to best Big Boss' legacy.

Everything you want to know about these characters is explained, you're just asking for like hours of scenes and bullshit that go into every tiny piece of minutia that is the Metal Gear series.

Shit dude, if you're so lost, just watch SuperBunnyHop's video on MGSV's plot. He thinks it's a weak narrative but at least he's got better reason for it outside of "I wanna see more liquid snake as a teenage but when he's kinda grown up too!" I've also been interested in this series since I was really young too dude, but I also realize telling every tiny corner of your story makes for bad storytelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4Tusk_V2k
>>
File: 1451089696033.png (123 KB, 424x402) Image search: [Google]
1451089696033.png
123 KB, 424x402
Just finished my playthrough, watched all of DSP's videos as I played through it. Was funny to see his pure salty rage on the last quiet mission.
>>
>>322705031
You didn't pay to watch it, but the person who uploaded the video did, you selfish fuck.

I know about Konami wanting to rush the game out because Kojima took too long with the story. I'm sure they could have added that stupid scene separately without adding it as a pre-order bonus.
>>
Okie guys rate my OC (in development). I think it's pretty gut if I may say so myself.
>>
>>322690484
>So I was out of the internet
>noko
I'm afraid it's been... ten years
I'm sorry OP.
>>
>>322706047
And I think a big part of the beauty of that statement is that until that flash-forward sequence at the very end of the game, he doesn't realize as much. He is this fool, he is blinded, but in his mind he thinks he's something bigger. He thinks he is Big Boss. It speaks to this beautiful ideal that even if you look like this hero, and you fight like this hero, and you believe you're this hero, and everyone believes you're him too, at the end of the day you're still another one of his followers with no genuine will or freedom of your own. You still can't break out of the mold that you were originally set in. And that kind of speaks to the player behind the controller who's prompted to -be- that soldier who is to become Big Boss.

I spent a tremendous time thinking after finishing MGSV. It was a game that frustrated me, was broken by cut content and a cut budget, ended up being paced horribly, and felt in a lot of ways hollow. But after letting it kinda sit with me for a month I ultimately came away from the experience really fulfilled. And I think a big part of that was on account of Venom's character arc, and the way it brought me into that story and franchise in this really intimate way.
>>
>>322705031
>Second, are you aware of why the content was cut in the first place? It wasn't to incentivize pre-orders or boost pre-sales. It's because Konami cut funding on this game, HARD.

That was my belief for a long time... Konami cut the funding and rushed the game out the door. In turn, Kojima freaked out at the board and got fired.

However, didn't Venom basically order a napalm strike on an island full of children? In the hidden ending, the children were entering the early stages of puberty, so the vocal cord parasites would soon be contagious. So Venom ordered the island burned to the ground. I could see that Konami didn't want to release a game where you kill a bunch of kids in the final moments.

And didn't Kojima have some vague tweets that he was at risk of "breaking some massive taboo" with MGSV? My guess is that the true ending was going to involve killing all the child soldiers on the island with napalm, but Konami lost its stomach and didn't want to pay for the game anymore.
>>
>>322707693
They get the kids out at the end. They only leave Liquid behind for dead.

The real 'taboo' stuff were those dark as fuck forced rape scenes done in Ground Zeroes. The cut ending's stuff is all pretty tame considering even Liquid gets off the island before the napalm strike.
>>
>>322703569
I honestly didn't mind Kiefer. I think he's fine as Big Boss/Venom. Sounds older to me.
>>
>>322708114
Agreed, he really sold it, man.
>>
>>322690484
Cut content
No ending
Worst Metal Mear ever
>>
>>322707693
>My guess is that the true ending was going to involve killing all the child soldiers on the island with napalm, but Konami lost its stomach and didn't want to pay for the game anymore.

You know what, fuck it. If that's really where Kojima wanted to take this series it's probably for the better that he got booted off of it. You don't need to fucking napalm kids to make a point with your story unless you have the artistic subtly of a fucking sledgehammer.

Games that try too hard to shock are just fucking annoying and take you out of the moment.
>>
>>322708286
No one mumbled those lines like he could.
>>
>>322708507
Pussy
>>
>>322708568
He wouldn't scatter my sorrow to the heartless sea.
>>
>>322708286
Sounded a bit like he slurred or mumbled some lines, but yeah. He did real good.
I think David Hayter might be a better choice for a young Snake. Then again, I've heard his Snake voice wasn't too good these days.
>>
>>322692070
subscistence missions
>>
>>322708827
His snake voice started sounding forced in mgs3.
>>
>>322708507
You were gonna rescue the kids before you napalm'd the island, fegit.

lern2readingcomprehension
>>
>>322709286
Ah, alright. I still need to play through MGS 1 and 2. Maybe the original Metal Gears as well.
Can't emulate shit on this thing though.
>>
Kinda wish the game progressed with:
>Mother Base getting relocated or destroyed (again), and the new build up for part 2 was Outer Heaven.
>Then, have a NPC invasion of that base that act as revenge from PFs loyal to Cipher, Skull Face etc.
>How you defend or retaliate your base gets spun in the world media.
>Defend with non lethal, media silence. Defend with killing and striking back, media makes you a villain.
>You assume the roll of a "Big Brother" that really has to watch over if there are any dissenters.
>All these affect your heroism, which goes all the way down to 0 in the final 3rd act.
>An older Liquid could be the source of causing dissent in the base, but disappears before you could do anything.
>Final missions are you telling what areas to send Solid Snake in a particular order, depending on the order will determine what weapons snake will have in your final fight.
>Final mission, stall Solid snake for Big Boss and other soldiers to evacuate Outer Heaven.
>Added optional bonus mission, make the final fight a 1v1 where players can choose to play as Venom or Solid snake and either side can win, which unlocks different endings.
>>
>>322690484
I'm only sorry that it ended. Fuck Konami to the grave. At least then Kojima could buy his IP back.
>>
>>322709064
I should still be given the option to unequip primary weapons whenever I want.
>>
How do the older games stand through emulation? Building a new computer in a couple days and want to play the old games again after beating MGSV.

Is it possible to emulate 4? I'm not really up to date on emulating games.

Probably going to go full chronological order because fuck you.

>Snake Eater
>Portable Ops
>Peace Walker
>MGSV
>MG1
>MG2
>MGS1
>MGS2
>MGS4
>>
the biggest crime is that the fox engine will never see the light of day outside of this game and a handful of others previously made by konami.

They will let it rot there.
>>
Ive always been a big MGS fanboi. Been finishing them all again lately for the Xth time. Bought the pc version when V came out, the ending left me really empty inside. Been a while,feels like I should get it for my ps4 and play it again, maybe I'll dig it more knowing what Im in for?
>>
File: 1412702118913.png (191 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
1412702118913.png
191 KB, 500x524
>>
Was pretty fun but it will probably be a long ass time before I play again, just because in one playthrough you visit each area a hundred times.
>>
>>322712727
Portable Ops is my fucking shit

Don't forget Rising. Not consequential to the story at all but fun af
>>
>>322707018
>>playing MGS for the story
>MGS never had a good story
>it's just like mgs2
LITERALLY nobody says that
>>
>>322707018
The bottom right one should be the free space.

You always make the free space one of the guaranteed replies, don't just put 'free space'.
>>
>>322712848
eh, it wasn't perfect. felt like idtech 5 from time to time.
>>
File: wat's going on in here.jpg (49 KB, 456x434) Image search: [Google]
wat's going on in here.jpg
49 KB, 456x434
>>322696514
>but deals with the most interesting themes the series has ever dipped into
>>
>>322696514
>deals with the most interesting themes

And has literally nothing to say about them

>has by far and away the best writing of the series

You mean the dialogue, the story? Which?

>that twist and the way it grounds you as a player to Venom Snake

It was presented badly, very badly, but even more fundamental: It was wrong.

Raiden's intrinsic relationship with the player is presented in MGS2 exactly how every player's relationship with a game's protagonist is. It's a shared experience, with key differences.

In V, Kojima attempts to show how Big Boss and the player are one and the same, that his expoits are their exploits. This is done however in the worst way possible. By creating a cipher to represent both, Kojima actually seperates the player FURTHER from Big Boss instead of bringing them together.

In MGS3, you were Big Boss. In Phantom Pain, you are represented by an MSF soldier, born in the 30s, whose face is changed to look like Big Boss, whilst the real BB is off elswhere. You never were that MSF solider in Peace Walker, you were Big Boss.

The idea is fine enough, but the execution, and fundamental theory behind the idea, is wrong.
>>
The only that made me remember this game is that i have to fucking shoot my hard cultivated soldiers while they go "we live and die by your order boss" on me bullshit.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.