[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Videogame expert thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: Oswald_of_carim.jpg (246 KB, 570x702) Image search: [Google]
Oswald_of_carim.jpg
246 KB, 570x702
What are some games someone would have to complete or be great at in order to call themselves an expert?

>Monster Hunter series
>Dark Souls 1+2
>Battletoads
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
>Contra (NES)
>Megaman II
>The Lion King
>Mother 1
>Super Mario Bros 2 (Lost Levels)
>I Wanna Be the Guy
>Arma 2
>Ninja Gaiden (NES)
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Castlevania III
>>
Beaten every single one of those at some point in my life, minus Xenoblade and Arma, and no way in hell would I say i'm an expert.
>>
Toss in Bloodbourne and 100% on Diddy Kong Racing.
>>
>>322686821
None of these
Show me a developer who has developed multiple successful games.
>>
SMTIV isn't even as hard as Nocturne, which isn't even hard.

Also, the Lion King? I beat that shit when I was like 12.

The fuck is this list even supposed to be?
>>
>>322686821
lel, why is lion king on that list? It took me two tries to beat that game.
>>
>>322687634
>Diddy Kong Racing
Fuck that cheating dragon.
Seriously
Fuck
Him
>>
>>322686821
>No fighting
>no racing
>incredible easy rpgs
>no puzzle
>ez fps game
What the fuck list is this. Kill yourself
>>
>>322688126

fuck the coin races.
>>
FPS death a Fortress in Dwarf Fortress
>>
>>322686821
>Mother 1
So you have to beat a shit game to be an expert just because it is badly made and annoying?
>>
Odin Sphere on Hard was a rapefest for me.
>>
File: reee.jpg (72 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
reee.jpg
72 KB, 1000x1000
>no sneak king
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>322688373
As a fan of the franchise i could not agree more. Just beat Mother 1 the other day and holy shit was it bad. Its literally grind forever and when you're done, get fucked by the intense amount of assholes that attack you. Its not even difficult if you actually level up
>>
>>322686821
Darksouls isnt hard, it subverts your expectations
>>
>>322688178
>Diddy Kong not a racer
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>322688962
>diddy kong in the OP
can you read senpai?
>>
>>322686821
Battletoads and Castlevania 3 are the only hard ones on the list.
>>
>>322686821
> Hello, adventurer, I am Poser Default Man...I'm afraid I am trapped in this pose because the developers could not be arsed to animate or even pose me. Such is the life of a NPC.
>>
>>322686821
Some of the games on the list have cheap as hell difficulty, like Dark Souls 2 or Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels.

Btw, Mother 1? Fucking really? I love the series but none of the games from it are hard, they're a grind fest and the first one is broken as hell.
>>
I wouldn't exactly measure videogame expertness on how many hard games you have beaten, but more on the overall knowledge and game experience. Of course, there are some hard games that could be considered essentials but the hardness isn't exactly the point.
>>
File: tmnt-nes-water.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
tmnt-nes-water.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
>>322686821

I beat pic related (the entire game) when i was 11 and 6 games on your list.

I still consider myself a casual.
>>
>>322689798
>cheap difficulty
>Dark Souls 2

Sounds like someone needs to GIT GUD
>>
>>322690130
bullshit, no one beat that game
>>
>>322690257
But it is, though. It is not that hard, but what difficulty is there comes from stupid shit like having to fight multiple enemies at once with a combat system clearly not meant for that, enemies with infinite stamina, infinite tracking, bad hitboxes, etc. In particular, the main source of difficulty is that the controls are a pain to get used to at first (this is true for all the souls games).
>>
>>322686821
>no Fzero
>no DoR
>SMT4 over Nocturne when it comes to difficulty
>>
File: 1331600528883.jpg (38 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
1331600528883.jpg
38 KB, 245x280
>>322686821
>Autistic collection game not hard to anyone
>Okay
>ebin meme, senpai
>Grindan RPG not hard to anyone
>Okay
>Moderate challenge
>Easy Platformer
>No
>Unforgiving platformer, artificial difficulty for the purpose of being difficult
>No
>Okay
>Not Simon's Quest

What is this list? You picked 3-4 actually challenging games, if a difficult game is what you think you think makes someone an "expert", which is already a retarded concept.
>>
>>322690661
thats how a bunch of NES games were though only now its in 3D every generation has had a game that feels like bullshit. It's still hard to beat
>>
File: 1451901450082.png (15 KB, 160x169) Image search: [Google]
1451901450082.png
15 KB, 160x169
>>322690661
>having to fight multiple enemies at once with a combat system clearly not meant for that
>>
>>322690809
Any suggestions on shit you would add to the list?
>>
>>322686821
Do you even read what you're typing? An "expert" in video games? It's just a hobby, man. You could say someone is an expert in game design or something like that but there's not grace in playing them. It's just something you do to kill time in your hollow and boring life. Don't delude yourself into thinking your doing something that's worth of recognition. Just my shitty opinion anyway, don't get all angry on me.
>>
>>322686821
You're a retard and you just named your favorite games.
>>
>>322686821
>meme games considered difficult

Actually use some difficult games faggot.

Toe jam and earl 1
Radiant silvergun
Rayman 1 (yes, this game is more difficult than Nina gaiden)
Beware the ultimate evil of werewolf

There's more definitely, but I have had a much harder time beating those games than any game you listed. Save for maybe contra, and that's a big maybe
>>
>>322686821
>Mega Man 2

Come on now.
>>
>>322691473
>toe jam and earl
>beware werewolf

Nice pics anon, my dad had to beat the last 2 levels of toe jam and earl for me as a kid
>>
>Shin Megami Tensei IV
>the easiest mainline SMT
>>
>>322691473
>meme games

just, go away
>>
>>322693113
>implying SMT2 and 1 arent both pretty easy
>>
>complete the Monster Hunter series.

Okay seriously I love them but I am not going to force anyone to play Monster Hunter 1 on the ps2 with fucking right stick controls.

I started with Freedom Unite and while it was a great, I doubt I could go even back to that one.
>>
>IIDX Kaiden
>DDP DOJ Death Label 2-ALL
>TGM 3 GM Rank

These are the better tests of ultimate skill.
>>
SMT Strange Journey should replace SMT IV
>>
>>322686821

a real expert is good at any game they play, even if its their first time playing. They've experienced enough games that their skill extends beyond a limited set of gatekeepers.
>>
Wind waker is on the list. Meme game or not
>>
Starcraft 2
>>
>>322694680

this is like saying somebody who is an expert at board games will be good at any board game they play. this goes beyond things like knowing odds in 4-suit cards games, this is like games with different fundamental mechanics.

I can't name anyone who is an expert in fighting games, puzzle games and rogue-likes, just to pick 3 out of a hat, can you?
>>
>I wanna be the guy
You realize that game is the absolute prime example of artificial difficulty right? Add VVVVVV or something. I know VVVVVV isn't terrible hard but at least it isn't composed entirely of artificial difficulty
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.