[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ playing through Mass Effect and was wondering whether
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11
File: me1.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
me1.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Hey /v/ playing through Mass Effect and was wondering whether you picked Kaiden or Ashley to live and why. Still stuck on it as of now.
>>
Kaiden, he kept dying so I thought fuck him.
>>
ashley

she's a more interesting character, even if you don't agree with her

I'd rather talk to a wall than to kaiden
>>
Ashley is top character in ME1 but she's pretty shit in ME3.
>>
File: ME Confess.jpg (84 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
ME Confess.jpg
84 KB, 500x341
>>322639161
I saved Kaidan since I'll gay/straight romance him. I'll save Ashly when I choose to romance her.
>>
>>322639161
Whoever was with the Salarians. I save more lives that way.
>>
>>322639462
>meta gaming
>>
Kaiden because Ash is shit in ME2 and ME3
>>
Ashley is a much better character than Kaiden in ME1 and isn't an annoying faggot. Ashley
>>
>>322639161
>Mod the dead one back in after virmire
>They still have dialogue with each other during ilos and the citadel

What the fuck bioware?
>>
>>322639161

Picked the woman in hopes of fucking her one day.
>>
>>322639161
Oh god what the fuck is that
>>
>>322639161
>femshep

oh god why
>>
>>322639161
Kaiden's the more tolerable character than Ashley overall.
>>
>>322640040
>annoying faggot
Seriously, when?
>>
>>322640171
>not fucking the ayys
>>
>>322639161
Ash was out to clear the Williams name - having her sacrifice herself for the sake of the mission is a better story. Plus, Kaidan outranks her as Lieutenant, so he's a priority.
>>
In my playthrough Ashley killed Wrex so I saved Raiden.
>>
>>322640547
All the way through
>>
>>322639462

>Everyone complains that Ashley is xenophobic

>They don't realize the other ayy lmaos are xenophobic towards humans.
>>
>>322639462
>Ashley was never racist
>"I can't tell the aliens from the animals" - Ashley while being in the Citadel with some aliens
>>
File: Ashley Williams.png (2 MB, 1149x1770) Image search: [Google]
Ashley Williams.png
2 MB, 1149x1770
There was only one right answer.
>>
Ashley, kaiden is a fag and ashley is a hot tranny.
>>
>>322640707
Was already prepared for this but thanks for making things clear.
>>
With sheploo I roasted Ashley and pounded Liara.
>>
File: 2015-09-13_00011.jpg (295 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-13_00011.jpg
295 KB, 1920x1080
Ashley is a weaker Wrex in 1 but is a decent squadmate in 3 and Kaidan is the whinier of the two but kicks all sorts of ass in 1 and 3. I usually save Kaidan because it's the smartest outcome of the choices given mostly just because Ashley looks like a fucking retard in 2 and 3 shoots her character in the foot whereas Kaidan stays about the same.

>>322640234
So you can fuck Traynor in 3 of course.
>>
>>322640951
My waifu Tali wasn't.
>>
Ideally I try to pick whoever ends up at the tower, because if you do then you can also save Captain Kirrahe and his squad. They show up in the cargo bay and you can buy stuff from them.
>>
>>322640951
Well most of the galaxy sees humans are power hungry considering their introduction to the galactic community was to fight the biggest and strongest military in Citadel space
>>
Kaiden sucks so fucking much. literally no personality or backstory except "psychic camp gave me migraines" i keep a save file on virmire just so i can go back and make that fucker die once a week i hate him so much

also, ashley did nothing unreasonable
>>
File: DCGF9ow.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DCGF9ow.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I saved Ashley but Kaiden gameplay wise is a better squad mate.
>>
>>322641373
Humans fought against the turians because the turians shot them and instigated the war. The turians viewed what they did as a police action but the humans saw it as a hostile act since it was literally their first contact ever with another alien species.

Instead of the turians shooting they could have just stopped for a second to think "Hey wait a minute, I've never seen this race before, have you? Maybe we should talk to them instead of shooting them."
>>
>>322641429
Ashley had an equally shallow backstory, you realize.
>>
Ashley. Don't like her character, but at least she has it. Thought kinda feel bad about Kaiden, his life wasn't that good.
>>
I picked ashley to die because she was an obnoxious cunt. in mass effect 2 I made sure that jack died in the final mission for the same reason. I wish dragon age would have let me kill morrigan too. what the fuck is wrong with bioware and their shitty ass female characters?
>>
>>322641373
Turians instigated that shit instead of telling the newcomers what the laws are in space.The turians are fucking retarded and actually had problems fighting morons using outdated equipment despite being the strongest military force in the galaxy.
>>
>>322639161
I saved Kaiden because he was a bro and i always took him on missions. then in ME3 he became gay and started hitting on me and made things awkward so i never brought him on missions anymore. He's a cool guy still though i would save him every time unless I'm romancing ashley.
>>
I picked kaiden to live. The mission was to protect the bomb, he was at the bomb. Following the mission meant saving Kaiden.
>>
>>322641027
What's racist about that? Hanar look like jellyfish.
>>
>>322639161
I picked Ashley because she was a character and Kaiden was a shitty blank slate.
>>
>>322641669
>>322641793
Oh yeah I realize, it's just that's what it looks like to the other races
Also it's worth noting that we were the finest and first major developed enemy the Turians fought in about 1,000 years
>>
I let Ashley die. She had more depth but Kaiden never made me angry or shoot at people I cared about.
>>
>>322639161
I saved Kaiden cause i was mad at Ashley for shooting wrex. He's a nice guy too i actually like his character.
>>
>>322640687
>Having based Wrex killed
God, I hoped he would be squad mate in ME3, such a disappointment.
>>
>>322642502
IIRC he is if you play the -cringe- citadel DLC
>>
>>322639161
let's think about it like this:
when humanity survival is at stake, it's better to sacrifice one male (unless last male) than one female, if you ever need to increase human numbers, you can just fuck the females, problem solved
i saved ashley
>>
>>322642684
No anon, in scifi universe you have to put your dick in ayylmao.
>>
>>322639161
Saved Ashley, Kaidan is aggressively boring and I need to skip all of his dialogue.
>>
Ashley has a family, Kaiden doesn't. So I saved Ashley.
>>
>>322642684
Men are more disposable and the route of all conflict as is. Might as well just make them second class citizens and put them in camps.
>>
Depends on my main char. If male, I tend to save Kaiden. If female, I tend to save Ashley. Saving the opposite sex always gets a snarky comment from the one that dies.
>>
>>322639161
Ashely because she's nicer to look at and K is a fucking board. Boring and has no personality. That and I liked drilling here. Poor choice of words. I meant making her mad.
>>
>>322641917
Because she's well aware of what Hanar are and doesn't actually believe there are wild, floating, nonaquatic jellyfish flying around.
>>
>>322643657
Where's the racism? It's an apt comparison.
>>
>>322643963
And we're an apt comparison to monkeys. Turian calls my renegade Shep a monkey gets shot in the face. It's racism bro.
>>
>>322644145
Where's the racism? Do you get butthurt and shoot a scientist in the face that says you're a primate?
She didn't say "14/88 humans are superior to aliens!" She accurately pointed out the aliens look like animals.
>>
I saved Kaiden, I liked him a lot. Ash was decent once you got to know her, but Kaiden just felt more important overall.
>>
>>322639161
>An officer, and a biotic prodigy
vs
>A bible bashing boot who can't tolerate working with aliens

Gee, I wonder who's more valuable?
>>
>>322644862
>bible
never said she's christian, fedora-tipper
>>
>>322644557
We are primates. We're not monkeys. And you're autistic if you can't read malicious intent in a statement. Are you autistic?
>>
>>322639161
No metagaming?
I choose Kaidan because I left him with the bomb.
Ashley was with the salarian squad and I thought that she could hold her ground but Kaidan was with the bomb under heavy fire, if it went off the whole crew would get blown to pieces, so I backed him up.
Then Ashley died because whatever, duh.
>>
>>322644862
>can't tolerate working with aliens
>spends all her time on board on the same deck as Wrex, Garrus and Tali

That always struck me as a little odd.
>>
>>322645043
She effectively was.
>>
File: jacobprize.png (219 KB, 401x432) Image search: [Google]
jacobprize.png
219 KB, 401x432
>>322639161
I liked Kaidan as a character much more than Ashley, who I thought was an annoying cunt.

However, I played an Adept in every ME game and in the first game there were those 3 little bars at the bottom that showed your party's balance of strength, biotics, and tech and with Ashley and Tali or Garrus (waifu and husbando respectively) I always had a perfectly balanced party.

And that was worth killing Kaidan for, even at the end of the game.
>>
>>322645232
>Tali or Garrus (waifu and husbando respectively)
Top tier taste
>>
>>322645052
>everything i don't like is racist!
>I won't grow thicker skin!
Are you autistic?
>>
>>322641282
nice taste m8
>>
I honestly don't understand why people dislike Kaidan. He was bland but likeable enough, unlike Ashley who was bland and mildly irritating, and Jacob who was just bland.
>>
>>322645120
I don't think it's that she was a xenophobe racist to the core, she was just raised to lean in a pro-human direction. She was very similar to Pressly. Pressly wasn't directly a racist but he didn't see the point to having aliens on the Normandy, when it's just extra help and assistance.

I think Ashley was the same way. She just didn't see the purpose in having help from aliens since by that point in the timeline, the galaxy basically hated humans and saw them as a threat.
>>
>>322641027
nigger detected
>>
>>322645458
>everything i don't like is racist!
Comments that are obviously meant to be malicious are malicious, like Ashley's comment about the Hanar.

>I won't grow thicker skin!
Acknowledging something to be racist is different than actually being triggered by it.

The only autistic thing here is you missing obvious social cues.
>>
>>322646095
>hanar look like animals
>it's meant to be malicious
Ok, Mr. Autism...

>Acknowledging something to be racist
You have to prove it is, which you haven't. Crying about her hurting the aliens feelings (when they wouldn't even get the references) is pretty autistic.

Sorry your practicing social cues on /v/ hasn't helped you any. :^)
>>
>>322645580
I was trying to romance Liara, and Ashley would never shut he fuck up during cutscenes. When I'd try to talk to Ashley she'd always talk loud and say dumb shit, I don't see how anybody could like Ashley. Kaidan was pretty quite but he had a cool backstory. He's not some loudmouthed bitch or some super soldier that has more than 300 confirmed geth kills, he's just a normal solider, but he isn't an ass about it.
>>
>>322641027
That is specist no racist
>>
>>322645714
This

There is no stretch of logic which can be used to call them racist

In fact their concerns about aliens on the ship were 100% warranted as well, Garrus is a bro, but is primary loyalty is with the hierarchy and he would absolutely side with them if the scale-niggers decided they wanted Shanxi part 2.

At that point in time there was no huge major looming threat. the Reapers are just kind of some nebulous unknown possibility and you're just hunting the equivalent of Space Bin Laden.
>>
File: 95.jpg (10 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
95.jpg
10 KB, 237x212
>>322646374
>analyzing dialogue on a literal level
>denies being autistic
>begins to realize position is untenable, uses the "I was just pretending to be retarded" smiley
>>
File: 1442985695993.png (273 KB, 828x658) Image search: [Google]
1442985695993.png
273 KB, 828x658
>>322647003
>can't refute anything
>has to focus on a carefully included smiley
At least I left you a way out ;)
>>
>>322646620
Well Ashley did say that an alien is comparable to a dog. "If you're being chased by a bear and you're with your dog, you're going to sick your dog on it. As much as you love your dog, it still isn't human."

However it's something that's understandable. Early on in the game all of the alien crew clearly have their own loyalties elsewhere. Everyone who complains about them has their legitimate reasons, first and foremost the Normandy being the most secretive and advanced ship in the entire Alliance military. You wouldn't want a bunch of techno-grubbing aliens in exosuits roaming around your super advanced ship stealing diodes out of wall panels.

Of course, that isn't what happens. But it's what Pressly and everyone else bitching thinks might happen. As for Garrus siding with the Turian Hierarchy if they all decided to eradicate humanity, I'd have to say that there would probably be some internal conflicts in their own society about that. I'm sure that would not only bring down the intervention of the Council, but also likely remove them as a Council race entirely. More importantly it's been established in the lore that there are sympathizers amongst Turians.

It's just crazy how the First Contact War is something that the Humans and Turians still have a hate for each other over that late into the timeline. It's been at least a couple of generations since it happened and most of the people who are experiencing tension from it weren't even participants in the war. They're just "standing up for their culture" and acting like SJWs/retarded activists. The tensions between humans and turians is no different than black people being mad at a white person because his great great great grandfather's uncle was a slave owner. Or jews demanding reparations for the holocaust 80 years later. Or asian-americans demanding reparations for their internment, also 80 years later.

I forgot what point I was going to make.
>>
I'd rather have the xenophobic sassy plastic surgery victim than Carth 2.0
>>
I miss how ME1 in regards to human/alien interactions. Humans were set up as newcomers to the galactic community, disrespected and looked down on by the far more advanced races but determined to make something of themselves. Then ME3 rolls around and humanity is leading the fight. They go from underdogs to the same improbable heroes they always are in sci-fi and fantasy stories.
>>
>>322647998
Don't worry anon, sometimes even the best of us have shit taste.
>>
>>322648250
It's not so unbelievable, a human discovered the plot and he lead the humans in the fight, largely because he didn't have to do anything to get them on his side during ME3.
>>
>>322639161
Ashley, because I fucked Kaidan and didn't want my crew to think less of me if I pick him. And also he was annoying.
>>
>>322648250
That's what happens when the main character is a human.
>>
>>322649568
More like that's what happens when you gradually fire 90% of the staff that worked on ME1.
>>
>>322639161
there's no good choice because they're tied for being the worst crewmates on your ship. just choose the one you wanna fug, and if you aren't fuggin' anybody then choose the one whose abilities best compliment yours
>>
Kaidan:
>officer
>powerful biotic
>unlocks everything for you
>bro

Ashley:
>generic grunt soldier
>bitch
>>
>Kaiden starts hitting on me in 3.
>>
>not just taking garrus and wrex everywhere and forgoing kaidan and ashley altogether
>>
I saved Ashley because it made more sense for her to live.

>Newcomer aboard the ship learning about the wider galaxy and serving as the human-centric viewpoint to contrast with all the aliens you meet. Has prejudices and a shameful family history, but as she becomes more sure of herself as her own person, she moves past them and brings honor back to the family name.

vs.

>Your Lt. and essentially XO with how little Pressley is involved, an older man who's past the prime of his life. Knows where he stands in life and on the issues, his 'journey' as a character's already over by the time the game starts. A cooler head but frustrated by his many failures in life. Has regrets that he wishes he could change, but he's accepted them as a part of life and is content with the life he's lived.

Just made more sense for the latter to die to me.
>>
>>322650656
saves him from the pain of being an early biotic too
>>
>>322650576

My friend of afro american decent.
>>
Can you save Kaidan AND Kirahee&co if you send Ash with the salarians? I always put Kaidan on bomb duty so I always assume that saving him means letting Ash and the STG die which is a retarded tradeoff.
>>
>>322651678
I always send Kaidan with the salarians, put Ash on bomb duty then save her, which saves Kirahee and co. Not really sure how that all adds up.
>>
>>322641787
>killing Jack
>Wanting to kill Morrigan
What the fuck is wrong with you and your shitty ass taste in characters?
>>
File: completely emotionless man.jpg (24 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
completely emotionless man.jpg
24 KB, 300x350
>>322641787
Anon you might just hate women who aren't written as waifubait.
>>
>>322642378
>Not having enough paragon/ renegade points to talk Wrex down by that point

You should have shot yourself
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.