[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
should games have a "turn sexy on/off" option that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17
File: RLP8u.jpg (248 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RLP8u.jpg
248 KB, 1280x720
should games have a "turn sexy on/off" option that removes offensive stuff similar to how you can turn off gore in some games??
>>
>>322624195

someone needs to fix your mum's sexy button because it's stuck on off
>>
Sure.
>>
In DOA games you can adjust the boob jiggle.

I think Larry 3 had some system where you got to see less boobs if you didn't do well in the opening quiz.
>>
I would approve of an 'offensive content' toggle if it was only available on the hardest difficulty.
>>
There's no point.

The types of people that take issue with sexualization in games don't care if it's optional or not, they have a problem with it existing at all. Making it optional wouldn't solve anything.
>>
>>322624195

no because the entire point is to not have "sexy stuff" e.g. the reduction of female characters to bodyparts or as plot devices to progress the narrative of male protagonists in the first place
>>
>>322624720

who cares dude, your son's going to be exposed to much worse shit on his daily browse of the internet than in any video game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>322624195
People should rather adjust their sensitivity.
>>
>a new study shows that men change the default "sexy" setting.
>is it time to turn the sexy off?
>>
File: gotou.png (267 KB, 610x632) Image search: [Google]
gotou.png
267 KB, 610x632
>>322624521
How the fuck do you know it?
I for one do not appreciate boob-plate on characters that are supposed to be stoic warrior types, but I don't mind other people enjoying their lowest-common-denominator fanservice garbage.
>>
That's not going to stop anyone from complaining. They take issue with the existence of sexy shit, not just the fact that they have to (read: choose to) see it.
>>
>>322624847

From just that image, the censored version looks better. I don't know what the rest of the design looks like though.
>>
>>322624939
Mouse sensitivity is already an option ins most games though.
>>
>>322624665
im talking about things like exposed skin and breast physics, nothing story related.
>>
>>322624195
No, maybe release an all ages version after said game is made but fuck off wanting developers to pander and not create what they want
>>
File: S1.jpg (116 KB, 1155x768) Image search: [Google]
S1.jpg
116 KB, 1155x768
>>
>>322625129

moron
>>
>>322624195

Turning off gore serves an actual purpose.
>>
File: ivehaditwithyoursassymouth.jpg (26 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
ivehaditwithyoursassymouth.jpg
26 KB, 500x379
>Implying that wouldn't further cultivate an environment where everyone is expected to do extra work just so people who are morally opposed to the spirit of their content can play their content
>Implying the sight of racy content is what triggers people, and not the mere knowledge of its existence
>Implying that anyone who has ever met SJWs halfway didn't just open the door to their perpetually advancing demands
>>
>>322626241
what purpose is that
>>
File: 1451766627640.jpg (8 KB, 323x323) Image search: [Google]
1451766627640.jpg
8 KB, 323x323
>>322626241
besides turning off blood and gibbing what purpose does it serve??
>>
already have that, it's called different outfits for females
>>
File: lizard squish.jpg (110 KB, 272x368) Image search: [Google]
lizard squish.jpg
110 KB, 272x368
>>322626462
Every product responds to an asking.
Every producer is free to answer to any asking they wish.
If you judge a producer for adding a sexual content slider then you are just as bad as the SJWs who judge producers for not adding one.

I for one would love more sexual content in games, while toning down pointless aesthetic fanservice.
>>
>>322624195
It's another way to be a lazy parent. Normal kids can handle sex and violence without acting on it
>>
>>322624195
Gamers need to read the fucking ESRB/CERO labels that tell them the game has all this shit in it before the buy it. If you don't want gore and sexy in your games then don't buy games that do have it.
>>
Yes.

I want games to include it so that people would shut the fuck up about it.

Who am I kidding they will never shut the fuck up.
>>
>>322626462
It doesn't make sense, but people get mad for seeing crazy things, and not for knowing that it's there. If someone was against drugs, and knew that his friends did drugs, he wouldn't care. If his friends told him about their explicit drug use, then he would get his Jimmies profusely rustled.
>>
>>322627136
Normal is a retarded word to use here. What you are looking for is "strong-minded and well-raised, empathetic children", which is pretty fucking far from the norm.
>>
File: 8961.jpg (13 KB, 282x272) Image search: [Google]
8961.jpg
13 KB, 282x272
>>322624195
Yes, but only if i get to decide what's sexy and not.

Deal?
>>
>>322627289
BUT I WANT TO PLAY MY GODDAMN DOA DAMNNIT
>>
>>322625712
Why is she purple?
>>
>>322627102
Putting in content to please is different than putting in something to appease.
Also, what I said was that it would be fucking stupid and doing it would just ultimately be shooting your artistic freedom in the foot. I'm not expecting anyone do anything. That's what an SJW would do.

>>322627376
The difference is that in one case they simply don't have to confront it. There are many people your example doesn't apply to. Such as people who genuinely believe that the act of you enjoy sexy content is active oppression.
>>
>>322624195
No
People should grow a spine and stuff be offended over nothing, there is shit far far more shocking than sexy stuff.
Parents should do their fucking job and watch over what their kids play with, ESBR exist for a reason even if it's bad.
>>
>>322625003
This.
But can you honestly name a game that was wholly ruined by character design? Usually if "boob-plate" is present, the rest of the game is weeb bullshit that I have no time for...
>>
No, because it's not about trying to get more 'respectful' portrayal of female characters, thats lip service. It's about removing or altering/censoring things that men/cishets like for the sake of depriving them of said things, purely out of spite and jealousy. This is proven by the fact that even if a game gives in to the demands of socjus types and removes said content, sales do not increase to reflect the game being bought by the demographic they just pandered to. The net effect from doing thisis that they lose dev time (altering character models/textures and qaing them/altering dialogue or entire scenes and qaing them) and money (sales from people who decided they werent gonna buy a censored game) pandering to people who wouldnt have bought the game regardless. The only thing they care about is putting their mark on the game by ruining it as a petty show of dominance.

It's killing creative freedom and gaming as a whole and needs to end.

>model character
>'producer says to tone it down cuz twitter said they didnt like it, use this new concept art'
>waste time giving model a 'modesty pass' based on new socjus-friendly """concept art""" the fuckwit tumblr """art """ team handed me
>is now basically two steps away from wearing a burqa
>character model no longer matches character description or personality (was a very laid back island girl who wore lighter clothes due to living in volcano country and because she's an agile character)
>"lol not my problem, we dont have time to change it anyways cuz milestone, after that its locked in"
>character now permanently ruined due to sjw
I need to find a new company. We are literally being infested with these sjw drones.
>>
>>322627705
god of war skin mod
>>
File: miniskirt and shoulder-stabbers.jpg (500 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
miniskirt and shoulder-stabbers.jpg
500 KB, 960x540
>naked beasts or beast races or something like that
>no visible genitalia because amerifats would get triggered and turn it into the main focus of the game

>>322627737
Of course. Every decision that doesn't serve you directly must've been made to appease some malignant evil political agenda.

What modifiable content would be at its core is providing the end-user the option to easily modify the product into something that responds to their personal needs, allowing wider range of different users being able to enjoy it. You remember that we are talking about sliders? Not just off-mode but on-mode as well? It has nothing to do with censorship, you tinfoiled fuck.

>>322627823
Divinity 2 could've used better armor design.
>>
File: cooper.gif (499 KB, 498x286) Image search: [Google]
cooper.gif
499 KB, 498x286
>>322626462
>>322627289
>>322627994
>>
>>322628537
Semen Demon is who?
>>
>>322624195
>shitty Resident Evil No346534534
>People complain
>MGSV
>People complain
>DOA No 49576954
>People complain
>Witcher 3
>GOTYAY 11/10 fuck my anus plox
>Max Payne 3
>dude strip clubs lmao, dude whorehouses lmao
>Ass Errect
>11/10 I like the sexy boys!

Its always the eastern games that get shit
>>
File: tumblr_o02mpf8Bj71v31o3ao1_1280.jpg (105 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o02mpf8Bj71v31o3ao1_1280.jpg
105 KB, 1280x721
>>322624195
I think Capcom makes their games easily moddable on purpose.
>>
>>322624195
i think a "turn faggot on/off" switch on people is more urgent
>>
Is it ever explained why the Elder Crimson Head is there in the first place?
>>
I don't know if they should but I don't see why not.
>>
File: sexbox.jpg (21 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
sexbox.jpg
21 KB, 300x224
>>322628968
>stating inaccurate bullshit
Witchers have all gotten flack.
Max Payne 3 didn't, I guess because it's noir, it's supposed to show unsettling things
Mass Effect did get flack.
>>
>>322624665
Im sure most guys can see sexy females as a sum of their parts, not just their sexiness. You're just projecting your own misogyny on others.
>>
Never alter your product for a vocal minority that doesn't even buy it. Use your consumers interests as orientation.

Normal people do not mind sex appeal. In fact, it's part of a popular character. Imagine a very competent, capable character. Let's say he's really good at fighting, magic, critical thinking (solving puzzles). He's got brawn and brains. If that character is sexy too, he only has added social power. Men want to be like him, women want to be with him yada yada yada. Same goes vice versa for women.
>>
File: 1447378882554.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1447378882554.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>322624195
What's offensive about the human body?
>>
>>322624195
What's offensive about the human body?
>>
>>322629607
>it's supposed to show unsettling things

TW3 and ME3 are set in a period of war

I would say thats pretty unsettling
>>
>>322629752
>>322629756
HUMANBODYMIND
>>
only if they can call it "Am I A Faggot" mode (with yes turning off the sexy and no keeping it on), if not then no, fuck that.
>>
Which games have the best nude mods? (besides bethesda)
>>
>>322629810
Yeah, but they are fantasy-pulp.
>>
File: elin.png (328 KB, 506x343) Image search: [Google]
elin.png
328 KB, 506x343
>>
>>322629913
Did you just imply that Max Payne - the textbook definition of pulp/fantasy - is not pulp/fantasy?
>>
>>322628437
You seem to be making a few assumptions here. Maybe you should go find a /v/ caricature to argue with if you want to get your "I'm one of the smart ones" jollies off.
The OP suggested an on/off button. Not a magic slider that somehow slider adjusts in-game models, story elements, presentation, and overall tone. A proper sexiness slider in any game with racy enough features to make people consider one would make for a dev job that was several times the size and cost. It's a busted fucking hypothetical. On/off is the only real possibility.
Also, fuck your personal needs. Let people do what they want, and take what they make for what it is. If that happens to include an on/off feature, that's fine, but I'm not going to act like it doesn't create an environment of entitlement. It's a bad road to go down.
>>
File: 50 shades of cruise.png (301 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
50 shades of cruise.png
301 KB, 500x333
>>322624195

>he finds sexy stuff offensive
>>
>>322630043
Well it's certainly not Conan the Barbarian tier high fantasy, unlike Witcher 3. Or Star Wars -tier high space fantasy like Mass Effect.
>>
File: 1429201684943.jpg (333 KB, 1600x1070) Image search: [Google]
1429201684943.jpg
333 KB, 1600x1070
>>322624195
>your body is literally made to survive enough to procreate and just barely take care of your young
>its primary function its offensive

What is the best GTA and why is it Vice City?
>>
>>322630356
>instead of reading the discussion and continuing with the flow, anon decided to post epic reaction-image meme and make pointless statement that contributed into nothing.
>>
>>322629810
War is good for the economy(white people).
>>
File: masks.png (72 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
masks.png
72 KB, 501x585
>>322630924
>>
>>322629198
Nice, got the fur down there.
>>
In Tomb Raider Underworld you can choose whether to wear pants or not
>>
>>322627994
>it's not about trying to get more 'respectful' portrayal of female characters, thats lip service. It's about removing or altering/censoring things that men/cishets like for the sake of depriving them of said things, purely out of spite and jealousy.

Exactly. It's a way of indulging in resentment. I don't believe the SJWs, who claim to be sex-positive (and seem kind of sex obsessed to be honest), are really offended by sexy characters with nice tits.
>>
>>322624195
Why bother people would ignore that function and still complain about the sex. As I recall super guides in DKCT, DKTF and NSMBW and U are optional mainly for those not good at platformers but people still whined about it being implemented.
>>
>>322629198
it's always only done by some chinese dudes though so I assume it's not all that easy
>>
>>322624195
No, because too many 13 yr olds would turn off sexy then hum the song "I'm brining sexy back" when changing the options.
>>
>>322631749
Would be better if the modder remembered that Sherry is a natural blonde. The carpet must match the drapes, god damn it, give me some blonde bush!
>>
this thread makes me miss modding
>>
no. firstly because the people complaining about it aren't playing the games in the first place, so they are never going to exercise the option or even acknowledge its existence.

with blood & gore, the issue was raised by parents wanting to limit their child's exposure to violence. and that option is now best exercised through parental control settings rather than individual game settings (which were effectively never used).

the additional problem with sexiness is that the people complaining about it are more interested in telling other adults what they can and can't see, not to give them options for what they want to see. the other adults always had an option, to not buy the game, to not use slutty outfits. this jihad is about taking options away, not creating them. and doing so would be a waste of development resources that serves no one
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.