[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Time for another discussion /v/: Is the Division going to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12
File: image.jpg (294 KB, 800x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
294 KB, 800x1012
Time for another discussion /v/: Is the Division going to be another ubisoft flop or will it be something they can actually pe proud about.

Here's what we know:
>open world TPS-RPG-MMO
>apocalyptic like but not any zombie nonsense
>government collapse and leads to almost tribal alliances made up of hostile scavengers
>good customization
>cover system like gears of war pretty much
>borderlands gunplay in terms of damage and weapon stats
>beta still not announced
>game drops in 2 months
>alpha stage received high praise to the unique gameplay and people seemed to like it even though they downgraded the graphics.

Personally I pre ordered the game to test it out before I throw it away. Thoughts?
>>
If the customization is really good I'd consider it, but it is Ubisoft, after all.
>>
of one thing you can be sure: it will be downgraded
>>
>>322614930
> installing Uplay
Never again

It looks nice, but uplay is a dealbreaker for me
>>
>>322614930
>alpha stage received high praise to the unique gameplay and people seemed to like it

Go away shill.

The alpha gameplay looked horrible.

It is a very bland 3rd person shooter with no interesting mechanics whatsoever at all.

It is literally elder scrolls online with guns.
>>
Post Webms, pretty please
>>
>open world apocalpse survival mmo number 395712

When are people going to stop making these games and get some fresh ideas? The market is severely oversaturated, move the fuck on.
>>
>>322620201
What other games are like the Division?
>>
>>322619954
>It is literally elder scrolls online with guns.
so the base game is better than the single player variants but it has no mod support to make it a 10/10?
>>
>>322614930
It's a Destiny clone. RPG loot grind with boring weps and items. Kill X faggots type-quests. Bullet sponge gameplay and shit. Looks like guaranteed casual-fest that will be massively successful. I stopped being interested after watching the alpha. The only thing interesting is the premise and setting.

One thing I did enjoy is all the enemies being basically a chimpout.
>>
>>322620274
Borderlands
Rust
7 Days To Die
Escape From Tarkov
ARK: Evolved
H1:Z1
DayZ

There are others I have missed that I can't be bothered to look on my steam games to find.

It's Ubisofts attempt to get in on the open world survival mmo / rpg craze that's going on right now. There are literally 100's of these cookie-cutter games on steam, all with *slight* variation to the theme or story or whatever.

It must be working, because they keep churning them out.
>>
>daily ubishit shilling thread
>>
>>322614930
>Is the Division going to be another ubisoft flop
probably
>>
>>322620679
Of the games you listed, Borderlands is the only one that has anything in common with The Division.

Either you're shitposting or you honestly don't see the difference. Either way, you're a fucking idiot.
>>
customization looks lacking and gun count seems to be on the low side
>>
>>322621161
You are exactly the casual idiot Ubisoft is trying to exploit. The sort which can't tell the differences between games, or the lack thereof.

I bet you also bought Minecraft: Story Edition for the 'unique new experience and gameplay', right? End yourself.
>>
>>322621606
Not that anon, but you sound like a total tool and just make his arguments appear stronger.
>>
>>322621606
The Division has no survival aspects to speak of. It's an open world shooting game with quests. It plays like Borderlands and Destiny. It does not play like a survival/crafting game like Rust, Ark, or 7 Days to Die.

If you honestly think that Borderlands, Destiny, and Rust are in the same genre, you're too retarded for words.
>>
File: 1451673324521.jpg (61 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
1451673324521.jpg
61 KB, 500x428
Looks like garbage. The premise is interesting, but it's obvious it's just another cashgrab for Ubisoft.

Lost potential at its finest.
>>
>>322614930
>MMO

No thanks. Wasting my life grinding shit with/against some mouthbreathers isn't my idea of fun.
>>
>>322614930
I know you're just baiting but the fact that there are actually people who are looking forward to this game infuriates me. I have been on /v/ for 6 years and its incredible how quickly people forget ubisoft's and EA's asshattery everytime they release a new game. Its like people want to be assfucked and purposely forget so they can get fucked again a few months later.
>>
File: 1408656129287.jpg (41 KB, 519x397) Image search: [Google]
1408656129287.jpg
41 KB, 519x397
>>322614930
he very first reveal got my hype levels to maximum. Since then, every new "trailer" showed the game getting progressively worse and uglier. So no thanks, and fuck Ubisoft for not being able to get it right for fucking once. They had a perfect chance and they pushed the devs into ruining it for platform parity.
>>
>>322619954
Did you play the Alpha at Massive or something? The game was nothing special.
>>
>>322621606
To say The Division is anything like the zombie survival games or Rust or the Forest...is like saying that Zelda is a good JRPG.

It is more of a story driven third person shooter with a linear story and some crafting. I say it is closer to a Apoc GTA or Assassin Creed (Ubisoft) than H1Z1 or wtf its called.
>>
>>322622382
I'm on board with what you're saying, because Ubisoft consistently overpromises and underdelivers, and I don't understand why people still get hyped for their games.

That said, the new Rainbow Six is one of the best games I've played this year. It definitely isn't perfect and it's nowhere near what the trailers showed, but it's a lot of fun.

What I'm saying here is even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Ubisoft churns out shit like it's their job, but don't write the company off entirely. They can accidentally get it right every once in a while.
>>
Does it even have a fucking campaign? I can't see anyone buying this heap of shit, unless they give up EA-style and just mass advertise it to oblivion like Battlefront.
>>
>>322614930
Could you ever trust a company after the train that was "Watch Dogs"? Only to be let down in probably the most dramatic case of false advertising video game history?

While I still think Blizzard are the most disingenuous gaming company ever created, Ubisoft comes in second
>>
File: duweisst.gif (575 KB, 480x580) Image search: [Google]
duweisst.gif
575 KB, 480x580
>>322619938
>complains about uplay
>probably has steam
>>
>>322614930
Massive and 2013 e3 video hyped me up
then downgrade news and e3 2015 video happened
>>
>>322623169
Yes it got a campaign, it is not a survival game. No eating, no gathering food. No drinking. No building, You got a hub, lvls, weapons. Shot shit, do mission. Solve the plague mystery.
>>
>>322614930
Flop beyond flops

The real game begins and the real fun begins when it actually happens irl
>>
The Tom Clancy releases this gen have seemed pretty good. Seige was awesome. Wild Lands looks decent.
>>
>>322624436
I got hyped for the Wild Lands trailer, but mostly because it had music from Dredd in it.

I'm gonna need to see a lot more than one trailer before I actually get excited for it.
>>
>>322614930
I remember reading an interview with a Massive Ent. employee who implied Ubisoft forced them to downgrade the graphics and ditch the drone companion tablet app. All because console performance not being able to handle the glorious visuals the first trailer had.
>>
>>322614930
>>322614930

UPLAY

U P L A Y
P
L
A
Y

Yeah good luck with that
>>
>being hype for The Division when Escape From Tarkov exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZiP5kjUii8
>>
>>322625564
Fuck off you meme spouting twat.
>>
>>322625890
>You're only allowed to like one game
Why not enjoy both?
>>
>>322625890
>escape from tarkov wont have single player
fucking normies
>the division is made by ubisoft
one only exists to experience suffering
>>
>hyping jewbisoft games
>>
>>322616309
The customization in the alpha was pretty neat; only a few pieces of clothing like the body armor and backpacks changed stats, and the hats, jackets, pants, etc didn't change stats and could be worn with anything.
I only got one camo on my gun though. It looked nice, and you could take it off and apply it to a different gun, which is alright I guess
>>
File: 1374724092545.jpg (71 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1374724092545.jpg
71 KB, 400x400
>ubisoft
>"open" "world" "survival" stream-bait cancer
>anything "Tom Clancy" post 2005
>le meme games
>le viral shilling
>le $80+ DLC

Please die.
>>
>>322614930
/v/ musical segment sums up my feelings with this game perfectly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ew1MBrv1GU

For non-links: Buzzwords - The Game!
>>
>>322629609
I'm just curious, where do people keep reading "survival"
The only people saying it's survival are jackasses trying to compare it to Ark, 7 Days to Die, etc.
>>
>>322630390
>run around a post apocalyptic world
>encounter other faggots who might shoot you

How could anyone mistake this for dayz
>>
>ubisoft

no, never ever again.

NEVER EVER
>>
>>322630792
>post-apocalyptic world
I haven't seen much, but it looks more like the apocalypse is now, plus no zombies.
>encounter other faggots who MIGHT shoot you
Isn't that every game with guns ever, single or multi-player?
>>
>>322614930
>Ubisoft
It's dogshit by default. Another vapid, boring, hyper-casual, open-world snoozefest made to encourage a season pass.
>>
>>322631068
You're either 13 and weren't around to see how ubisoft ran every tactical IP they had into the ground, or you're an idiot and can't see how everything they produce these days is the same uninspired repetitive garbage. At 3 new assassin's creed games were released while I wrote this.
>>
>>322631191
>BUT YOU CAN PREORDER NOW
>GET HYPED SON
>SHILL THREAD

And so on.
>>
>>322631390
>13
19, sorry.
>idiot
I reserve the right to hold judgement on a game until I see how it turns out post-launch.
I never said it was going to be good.
I never said their other games were good or that they didn't mash them into the ground. All I asked was "Where do people keep reading the 'survival' thing."
And then you tried to turn it around for one reason or another.
>>
File: rage.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
rage.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>322631390
>They killed world in conflict and stuck Massive on shitty shooter games no one asked for, wiping their ass with Sierra's legacy because they are assmad about End War being a flop.

I don't think I've ever hated a gaming company as much as Ubishit.
>>
>>322614930
>>open world TPS-RPG-MMO
Already lost interest.
>>
>>322631909
Yup, no thanks Ubisoft. Fool me once..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPXqkjpXZ_k
>>
>>322631824
>19, sorry.

Pretty much the same thing.

You know nothing about videogames and your opinion is invalid by default, sorry.
>>
>I MEAN, IT'S UBISOFT
>I MEAN, IT'S 2016
>I MEAN, IT'S "OPEN WORLD SURVIVAL"

Bunch of fucking memers. This could go either way. It could be something really good or it could flop massively, I doubt it'll be something in-between. I like the setting so I hope it's good.
>>
>>322631824
>19
Alright so growing up you've only known the hype train decline of gaming.

>Survival
The division is literally set in a post apocalyptic NYC. Look at all the buzzword mechanics this game is touting. Even at 19 I'm sure you can look back at the last 2-3 years of releases and the caliber of games coming from this "genre".

I'd go so far as to say the majority has been cancer.
>>
>Tom Clancy nostalgia thread

RIP tactical gaming (except maybe PR/Squad)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miGCzLwr0rc
>>
I like that its set in Manhattan pkst-apocalypse style but I don't like how they handle the gameplay and MMO aspect.

Should have been a massive FFA shooter with the setting and backstory the excuse for deserted Manhattan and the freedom for players to go wherever they want and just fight, think Planetside 2, could be factions maybe but I rather just a persistent single world with 1,000's of players on the same map which is huge and larger than several of the largest Battlefield maps put together.

Instead it has instancing and all that bullshit to limit the maximum amount of concurrent players in the same instance and region to a small few.
>>
I was in the beta and it was absolute shit.
>>
Here's what we know:
>it's gonna be shit
>>
>>322614930
Rainbow Six Siege has shitty fucking servers and lots of downtime. I can't expect them to have a fully online game functional.

Also, their game can't even fucking support SLI. What the shit?
>>
>>322634027
And people don't understand why I call Rainbow Six Siege action shooter.

>nuhu it's a tactical shooter >:^((((
>>
>>322614930
Ubisoft

>Think of great idea for a game
>Think up some cool mechanics
>Make it third person
>Add parkour
>Slap a story about something or someone needing to be found and saved or destroyed
>Make a decent E3 video
>Downgrade the shit out of everything
>Throw in microtransactions
>SJW side character
>Don't polish any bugs
>Release it without the real ending
>DLC has real ending and an 'Ubisoft blue' color costume

Why should I care about this fucking company? I will admit that Division looked amazing back in 2013, but I know better now. Fuck Ubisoft, I hope they go out of business
>>
>>322635464
Fucking this.
>>
>>322635464
>Synchronize Towers-Relays
>>
>>322614930
If it's a tps/rpg in a big city, they should have just added magic and made a shadowrun game.
>>
>>322616309
Besides performance issues with their last few games, ubisoft typically makes solid games, with solid, functional gameplay. Pretty standard shit.
>>
>>322633791
>Bunch of memes
>Consistent history of making these sorts of games
>In an industry already over-saturated with open-world garbage.
Fuck off. Ubisoft has always churned out hot garbage.
>>
>>322625890
Tarkov is fucked before release anyway because it takes place in an entirely PvP worls without any safe zones, or zones that are defended by NPC guards to detour bandits and PvP gangs.

Tarkov looks better then The Division in any way, but the fact taht The Division has the choice of areas where I don't have to worry about getting cheap shotted a la DayZ makes it better.

The survival genre is inherently fucked and there is no way to solve this shoot on sight mentality shit that it's plagued with.
>>
>>322636078
>despite releasing their games completely broken, they're actually pretty solid

wat.
>>
holy shit /v/ is pure shit. you fags dont like anything.
>>
File: 144098128512.webm (1 MB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
144098128512.webm
1 MB, 720x480
>>322634027
>>322635014
>Siege is not a tactical shooter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fv3xeA8fRs
>>
>>322636361
git gud
>>
>>322635464
I just want to add: Ubisoft stays with open-world games because it's the easiest thing in the world. They literally just copy every element from the last game. Simple world, collect x to get best shirt, collect y or pay money for best weapon, fucking TAILING MISSIONS, press square for slaughter and circle sometimes to counter. It's sad that I still sometimes fucking fall for it. The Division will be one of the worst releases of whatever year it's pushed to. I just know it.

>>322625890
Tarkov looks okay. I heard it was just a bunch of raids first then you get free play. The map doesn't sound too big. Hopefully you can play offline.
>>
>>322637671
>beagle

Terrible example. He'll make Super Mario look like a tactical shooter. Throw in kilroy and you have Hilarious Mario Tactical Shooter.
>>
>>322637428
>you fags don't like a company that continuously turns out shit games every year
>>
>>322637908
You forgot:
>Tie unlock progression behind an easter egg hunt where all the items you have to collect/destroy are spread all over the place in out of the way locations so you spend 60% of the game driving and walking around the middle of nowhere.
>>
File: 1367170279900.png (104 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1367170279900.png
104 KB, 320x287
It's watchdogs 2.0 senpai
>>
>>322630792
Only one section of the game is open PvP. The rest is all PvE. It's not kill-on-sight like DayZ at all.

If you're going to shitpost, at least try to be informed about the thing you're trying to hate.
>>
>>322638163
what are shit games too you? i mean are you just going off of /v/'s thoughts or do you have your own?
>>
>>322614930
I can tell by your verbiage that you are not from here. Go away shill.
>>
>>322625890
Dead on arrival
http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page?lang=en
>>
>>322635464
http://web.archive.org/web/20140607224747/http://games.on.net/2014/06/ubisoft-game-the-review

Hopefully the link works. Sums up Ubisoft shit.
>>
>>322636251
You have to be underage if you think everything ubisoft releases is garbage.
>>
>>322614930
I'm iffy about it on the account its Ubisoft, they don't exactly have a track record of making games that are... uhh.... dunno man, Downgraded graphics, shallow gameplay, etc...

But so far it is looking like it'll be a third person version of what Destiny was supposed to be.
>>
>>322638263
Progression isn't levelling up in an Ubisoft game, once you get the best items it's a fucking breeze no matter what level you are. But yeah, it does take up about 70% of the game I would say. the last 30% is the "boss" battles that are vague and feel strange with the game mechanics. FUCK I didn't think I could hate something this much.
>>
>>322638735
>Liking Ubishit.
>Calling others underage
They're worse than EA and Activision combined. It physically pains them to ever implement anything in a video game that is remotely fun or not jewed the fuck out.
>>
>>322623418
theres a large difference between using something like steam which most devs release their games too and is pretty much objectively good and uplay which is used by one dev which has pretty much released nothing but the same shite for years
>>
>>322638735
What is a good Ubisoft game that game out in the last year?
>>
>>322614930
It'll be like Destiny, lots of hype with some decent concepts and nothing else. Hell the game is a modern day Destiny.
>>
>>322620543
>Destiny clone
This is what totally kills it for me. Destiny was way too repetitive and rng for me. Can't stand these random loot drop games because it never really feels like playing well rewards you in any way.

I'll stick with rainbow six
>>
>>322614930
>open world apocalyptic shooter

so it's a dayz clone? no thanks pvp-fests like that are total ass
>>
>>322638889
>>322639065
I never said their recent releases were good, they used to make good games, why can't they do it again? You people need to get your heads out of your asses.
>>
>>322614930
>>322620543
>>322621965
>>322623418
>>322623169
>>322631068
>>322637428
>>322638551
>>322638735

Ubisoft marketing team in full effect. How much are you doods paid for this
>>
>>322637409
That's not what I said so I can't help you.
>>
>>322623418

fuck off Hans!
>>
>>322639681
>they used to make good games

[citation needed]
>>
>>322639681
>Used to make good games
Name three in the last decade.
>>
>>322639114
I think everyone I know has made that comparison.

Honestly a lot of the games replayability is going to be reliant on the gear economics. If gear is too easy to find people will get bored too quickly and quit, if the gear is too hard to find people will get annoyed and quit. The gameplay and everything looks solid enough, the question is if there's enough there to keep the people entertained.

As popular as destiny is, they lost a lot of fucking players with their inability to make up their mind, first the game was starving you for gear, than it was throwing it at you, then it went to this light grind bullshit.

>>322639308
Same reason i ultimately ended up quitting destiny, I was fine with the original 1.0 where it took forever to get shit because once you got it, you had it and that was it, once they made shit drop everywhere I got tired of constantly getting everything (like 2 hours into house of wolves I was full expansion gear and maxed light) But then the taken king made everything have random attack and defense values and that was the last straw for me.

I don't know how the Division will be, but the impression I got from vidocs and gameplay is you are rewarded weapons infrequently, like at the end of "dungeons" or missions or whatever shit they decide to go with, and you're actually collecting pieces the rest of the time to expand the versatility of that particular weapon which is what Destiny should have been. so if its like call your buddies and go "hey I heard there are some Assault rifles in the east side prison ward, do you guys wanna get together and raid the place?" Then I'll be satisfied, I got about 1200 hours in destiny, and that was entirely thanks to people on my friends list, if it was just playing it by myself I probably wouldn't even get 60 hours from it.

tl;dr It depends on the social experience whether it'll be good for me or not.
>>
>>322639065
Siege

There, I said it, feel free to drop your ubishitting Memes now.
>>
>>322639864
>>322640070
Rainbow Six, Heroes V, Prince of Persia.
>>
>>322639864
>>322640070
>>322639747

Prince of Persia
Assassin's Creed 2
Far cry 1
Far cry 3
South Park stick of truth
Rainbow six vegas 2
Splinter cell chaos theory
Splinter cell double agent
Driver
Assassin's Creed black flag
Assassin's Creed rogue
Rayman

Blown the fuck out?
Blown the fuck out.
>>
>>322639065
Siege, some short indie games.. the list can go on
>>
File: 1324865019152.jpg (18 KB, 242x208) Image search: [Google]
1324865019152.jpg
18 KB, 242x208
>>322640458
>>322640613
>Siege
>Good
>Rainbow six in title only.

>Prince of Persia
>Ninja Gaiden for casuals.

>>322640663
>Prince of Persia
>Assassin's Creed
>Far Cry
>Any Tom Clancy game post Island Thunder or Raven Shield
>Fucking Rayman

Stop, I'll piss myself laughing.
>>
>>322640458
>Can't properly utilize SLI or Crossfire
>Not that great in terms of optimization
>Bugs still not fixed
>Awful netcode and tons of server issues

It's decent at best.
>>
File: 1427325134592.jpg (12 KB, 300x307) Image search: [Google]
1427325134592.jpg
12 KB, 300x307
>>322640957
>I have no argument therefore I must act retarded
Thanks for proving >>322638735
>>
>>322640663
>Prince of Persia
>Far cry 1
>Far cry 3
>Splinter cell chaos theory
>Splinter cell double agent
>Driver
>Assassin's Creed rogue
>Rayman

I said good games. Just because they made a decent sequel once doesn't mean they can make anything good in the future.
>>
>>322641161
>I said good games.
And you got a reply.
Just because you choose to be a contrarian cunt with shit tastes doesn't negate the argument, I swear to fucking God, right now you're worse than those "But it was cold last night" global warming denialist.
>>
>>322641154
I asked for good games, and you just posted all of their shit ones over the years. What argument are you making that needs refutation?
>>
>>322641161
Prince of persia, Driver, and Rayman are franchises.
Far Cry 1 is not a sequel.

Do you have any legitimate arguments or are you completely devolved into a shit flinging imbecile?
>>
>>322641341
>I asked for good games, and you just posted all of their shit ones over the years.
Confirmed for shit taste, fuck off to Destiny and call of duty, faggot.
>>
File: chortling oingo boingo.jpg (16 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
chortling oingo boingo.jpg
16 KB, 300x169
>>322641571
>Likes Far Cry 3
>Telling others to play call of duty

I bet you think Siege is a tactical shooter too.
>>
>>322640957
Except there was no mention of Siege in that post. However, it has become another generic tacticool shooter.

The Ass Greed series has a couple of decent titles: Ass Greed II and Black Fag notably. Splinter Cell went from stealth action to almost being tacticool itself.

Ubisoft is pretty good at running formerly good IPs into the ground and re-hashing them annually as cash cows. Pretty standard large publisher tactics.

Thanks for ruining video games console normies!
>>
>>322641754
not him but
What would you call it?
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.