[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I realy enjoy Civ V alot. Is this game on par with civ, is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7
File: Legend.png (353 KB, 616x340) Image search: [Google]
Legend.png
353 KB, 616x340
I realy enjoy Civ V alot. Is this game on par with civ, is it as fun, and is it worth it.
>>
>>322576840
it's better
it's worth it
Refund if you don't like it
>>
>>322576840

Its very little like Civ V. Not bad by any means, but don't go into it expecting Civ.
>>
I bought this game last winter, and i haven't touched Civ since. Better graphics, mechanics and AI(although it still cheats). Amazing lore and quests. Over 200hours later and i'm still loving it.
>>
File: Skaven.jpg (102 KB, 1280x905) Image search: [Google]
Skaven.jpg
102 KB, 1280x905
It's not really civ. But it's still ok. Go into it if you are looking for a different experience. Instead of city's it's regions. Combat is like tabletop play, it's not just a number roll. There are non playable sub factions you can assimilate into your empire such as demons or werewolves. It's very neat.
>>
>>322576840
Its a better 4x game
>>
>>322579341
Also tech is different and in some ways lacking. There are now just tiers with some tech to research each tier, once you've researched enough in one tier you go to the next tier. There are also missions you can do at your leisure. There is still a diplomatic system but it's done with a form of currency called influence representing the influence you have politically.
>>
It's a game that by all means should be fun. It has everything you would want in a 4x game, but unfortunately I just didn't like it. I dunno why. maybe the UI is just TOO smooth and clean?
>>
>>322579964
What a strange complaint lol.
>>
>>322579964
To me it's just that it tries to set up a kind of high fantasy type thing but ultimately it doesn't go in directions people would normally look to high fantasy for. It kind of clashes for me so I just kind of lose interest.
>>
>>322579964
The ui does look budget tier
>>
>>322579964
The UI doesn't suit the theme of the game. The UI was used in Endless Space and it was fine there, but it looks weird and a bit out of p[lace in Endless Legend.
>>
>>322580907
is it that bad that it takes away from the rest of the game?
>>
>>322580183
welcome to /v/
>>
>>322580981

Not at all. The UI is functional, just a bit lacking. It's a minor complaint for a solid 4x entry.
>>
>>322580981
It's really god damn noticeable, it's the first thing that caught my atention and the thing I remember most about the game.
>>
>>322581263

I think you're being pedantic. The UI does it's job.
>>
>>322580907
Honestly I didn't even like it in Endless Space. Sure, the UI is very functional, but it's too bland for something that you spend like 85% of gametime looking at.
>>
>>322581530
I'm not. I'm not saying it killed the game or that you shouldn't buy it. I'm the guy who went over the game just a bit ago above and suggested it. The ui looks like cheap shit.
>>
>>322576840
It's easily the best fantasy 4x
Probably the best non-civ 4x
IMO the best overall 4x too

Peace dragons 4 lyfe
>>
>>322582013
Explain to me how and why. Because I haven't finished the tutorial but I love playing civ v so much more
>>
>>322581773
Fair enough, ill keep that in mind.
>>
>>322582185
I honestly don't get it either. The games neat and the system is an OK replacement, but it's not something that's going to make me think it's better than anything.
>>
File: 1451621622029.png (475 KB, 550x1580) Image search: [Google]
1451621622029.png
475 KB, 550x1580
Why haven't you converted yet
>>
>>322580569
The UI is great actually. Love all the tooltips. My complaint is that some status effects etc in the research screen don't give sufficient info on what they actually do. Other than that it's a great UI. Amplitude are great when it comes to UIs.
>>
>>322582185
Each civ is actually different, this means that you get loads of potentially different gameplay each run instead of just "india wants war, china wants war"

Exploration is fantastic and is rewarding, it gives you a really good reason to build up some military even as a full on peaceful civ

The city building is really good and the options that are more complex in other games i.e. worker distribution are made obvious and easy to use here

The actual world it's set in is fantastically realised too, it's nice for a videogame to have it's own world rather than elves and dorfs and shit`
>>
File: 1415038368111.jpg (15 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1415038368111.jpg
15 KB, 392x243
>mfw razing every city on the continent until only my cultist capital is the only shred of civilization there
>mfw getting minted as dust lords and buying all those civilians until my cities stretch for miles

Fuckin' A. That said I got the espionage DLC but I haven't yet played it properly. Gotta do that at some point. The DLC had a really cool trailer.
>>
>>322582473
By far my favourite empire in the game in terms of lore/concept, at least. Both their cities and units look great and the way they're played is very interesting.

Too bad I still suck at them. You have to war people pretty early as soon as your converted villages start properly benefiting you in terms of troops (-> dust) and keep kicking them so they stay down, right?
>>
>>322582837
is the game balanced would you say? because i feel like there are a lot of bad Civs in civ 5 that arent worth using
>>
>>322583338
Yes but some factions will be harder to learn than others
>>
>>322583338
Don't worry. You can make your own civ.
>>
>>322583338
You can actually make your own civ. It's an option from the start.
>>
Best faction, coming trough!
>>
>>322583338
Each civ has totally unique mechanics i.e. the roving clans have MOVING CITIES and Mages have magic for currency

So you don't really get Civ's issue of certain stat boosts being better than others

However if you don't like the traits of a civ you can also make your own as well so you'll never be forced to be underpowered if you feel a default faction is weak (you can also give the ai better custom factions if you wanted more challenge/a specific threat)
>>
>>322583421
>>322583482
>>322583642
hmm, this sounds way different than civ v then.
>>
>>322583251
>Not being allies with everyone so you can convert at your pleasure until you backstab them.

It's a pretty relaxing faction to play as.
>>
>>322583873
It is, E:L's one of the decidedly un-civ like 4x's

Which is nice because all the other real alternatives are space games
>>
File: Drakkens3[1].jpg (516 KB, 1080x667) Image search: [Google]
Drakkens3[1].jpg
516 KB, 1080x667
Drakken are best race.
>>
File: Vaulters_banner.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vaulters_banner.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>322584323
Drakken r preddy gud
Not as gud as vaulters though!
>>
>>322582837
Best part is that the world having so many strange races is explained.

Spoiler:The planet you are on is an ancient genetics lab at it's core. your race is an escaped specimen.
>>
>>322584458
You mean Mezari
>>
>>322583873
Oh. Last thing. You can also customize the units you make by giving them more gear or different weapons. Hero units also have their own skill trees.
>>
>>322584535
Dungeon of the Endless is what really turned me on to endless legend. The lore is god-tier amazeballs.
>>
>>322584652
I was pretty damn impressed at how in-depth they went into a lot of aspects.
>>
>>322576840
I quite like it but it's like Civ, it's pretty fucking tedious.

Buy it if you can put up with CivV
>>
>>322585069
What do you find tedious about Civ?
>>
>>322585168
When you know you've got the game in the bag but you just need to slog through the culture/science/warfare to seal the deal.
>>
>>322585069
I would honestly suggest mordheim over this.
>>
>>322584458
>space Vikings
neat
>>
>>322585289
>When you know you've got the game in the bag
This is an indication that you're playing on too low of a difficult.
>>
It's pretty good. I like the combat and the lore, suffers from the same issues as civ in the endgame though. And the endings felt somehow unsatisfying.

I played it for a good few weeks but if I feel like a 4X I'm more likely to boot up Civ V. Or Alpha Centauri.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKueSycpV2Y

I absolutely love its soundtrack. It's comfy af. Does anyone else have any recommendations for comfy soundtracks?
>>
Are more expansions planned, or is there a complete edition for sale?
>>
>>322585548
Not necessarily. I find deity civ very difficult in the early and mid game, but if I make it to the end of the mid game in decent shape I'll inevitably win.
>>
>>322585623
Transistor
Tumblr The Game(Life is strange)

You're right though, the soundtrack is incredibly comfy.
>>
>>322585782
How often do you actually play matches to complete though?

Because I play on deity as well, and I do semi-frequently have enemy civs make a comeback in the late game and start pushing my shit in.
>>
>>322585498
space vikings with tacticool crossbows
because they reverse engineered guns to make them instead of inventing them from scratch
>>
>>322576840
>Better
>Better
>Yes

I really like the unique resource management of each faction. I think each one is more flavorful and distinct than Civ's. I also like how they integrate each faction's story into a possible win condition for the player.
>>
>>322585915
Not a lot I'll admit. You're right, especially if there's a big power on the other side of the map. But turns just start taking too damn long for me to keep going a lot of the time.
>>
>>322585915
being able to play endless legend games to completion in multi is why I like it

also there's a ton of dickery options
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.