[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one should i get?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Which one should i get?
>>
>>322571261
Pillars is shit with SJW garbage shoved in everywhere and horrible magic.

I've never even played DivOS but I'm sure it can't be as awful as Pillars.
>>
>>322571432
What do you mean by SJW garbage? that phrase gets thrown around here a lot for no reason
>>
>>322571261
Age of Decadence
>>
>>322571581
It means he's shitposting

If you want story over gameplay, Pillars
If you want gameplay over story, DivOS
>>
>>322571731
Nice, which one did you enjoy more?
>>
Depends on what kind of gameplay you like.

If you want RTwP, get Pillars. If you want turn-based, get DivOS.
>>
>>322571876
Hard to say, Pillars (while not the best) had an enjoyable settings and some pretty cool characters & it also felt more old school, while divinity was fun because of its combat and the things you could do, while remaining pretty weak on the story. Divinity is more enjoyable with a friend though, because that's how the game is designed, but I've played more of PoE
>>
>>322571731
I won't disagree DivOS story isn't amazing, it's still pretty entertaining. The gameplay is stellar though, so yeah.
>>
>>322571581
>ebic strong female literally the first character you interact with
>they edited out a Kickstarter backer joke about a tranny
>backer NPCs everywhere that are often either trans or some bizarre sexuality

Even excluding that, the writing is generic and mediocre. Dedicated mages only have Vancian magic so you constantly have to head to inns or camp after every two or three fights. The combat hates anyone who likes sneaky types as well, as trying to back out of any fight causes you to receive an immediate high damage attack.

And, if you're running on a toaster, it's worth noting that the optimization is awful.
>>
>>322572263
It's not that it's not entertaining. It had its moments and it didn't fail to amuse, but you can clearly tell it was more of an after thought than pillars
>>
>>322572290
>ebic strong female literally the first character you interact with

How do you even notice shit like this? I seriously don't understand /v/'s complex when it comes to women
>>
>>322572575
I know, they obsess with SJW stuff when it often doesn't even apply to the situation
>>
>>322572575
>how do you even notice your party member for the intro talking about how much stronger she is than boys and how they underestimate her because she's a woman

It is incredibly obnoxious.
>>
File: winged thing.png (446 KB, 814x458) Image search: [Google]
winged thing.png
446 KB, 814x458
>>322572470
So, the consensus would be go with DivOS, OP.
>>
>>322572750
actually i could see how that would be annoying
>>
>>322572847
It is, and a little shocking considering how well Obsidian usually does female characters (SIE, Visas, etc)
>>
>>322572750
I could see that being annoying. It's pretty weak character building if you have the character dwell on something they've clearly overcome but want to reiterate repeatedly.
>>
>>322572750
Does she do that? I didn't even remember the character existed until you mentioned her. That is fairly ebic, I'll allow your criticism then
>>
>>322573508
is she that major of a charecter though?
>>
OS combat is god tier while PoE combat is dog tier.
>>
>>322573646
Not even slightly, which is why I forgot
>>
>>322571581
Rich Italian niggers.
>>
>>322573891
Ok, then her being annoying wouldn't even be that big of a deal. so i guess pillars is back on the table maybe.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 400x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 400x520
>>322571261
Gameplay is the most important thing about a game, and PoE's is awful. The combat, magic, and stealth systems are all awful, and the fact that you don't get XP from killing shit means you don't have much ability variety and you can't grind to make just walking through an area less tedious and instead have to spend ten minutes fighting a troll or some other generic crap.

And yes, EVERYTHING is generic. The first major hub area is almost completely indistinguishable from somewhere like Redcliffe in DAO. A bog standard village. The next major area is a bog standard town. There's nothing unique about the world.

>>322573508
>that is fairly ebic
I don't know why I smiled but I did.

>>322573646
Well, she IS the only party member you are actually forced to take. And that's her entire characterization.
>>
>>322574296
Damn, seems OS is the way to go
>>
>>322574296

You're sort of misrepresenting her importance. For the sake of transparency, she dies within the first 20 minutes and literally doesn't matter in the slightest
>>
>>322574610
I put 80+ hours into the first edition and already around 40 into the Enhanced Edition. DivOS is an amazing game. You won't regret it.

I would recommend restarting your playthrough at some point though just so you get a better feel of the game from the start,
>>
>>322574860
Is enhanced that much of an improvment over the original?
>>
>>322574780
The prologue is way longer than 20 minutes just because of how slow everything goes.

>>322574978
Not him and I've never played it but I can't see a reason why you wouldn't want to play the best version of a game.
>>
>>322574978
The voice acting they added in is pretty good. Adds a lot of character to some NPCs, but at the same time, makes talking with vendors a little worse off cause they don't shut up.

There's rebalancing of skills and general bug fixes. I can't remember all the changes, but I would recommend the Enhanced over the original.
>>
Did you like Infinity Engine RPGs like Baldur's Gate etc? Do you like a lot of lore and interesting characters and dialogue? If you don't really mind wonky gameplay check out PoE.

D:OS is good. The gameplay is great in fact. But you could not come up with a more boring world with boring dialogue and characters. Tbh I lost interest before I even left the first city because I didn't feel motivated at all by the story.
>>
>>322575459
Shame. Once you kill Rex and get to the next zone, it picks up greatly.

DivOS is basically a magical detective angency duo investigating dark arts fuckery. It picks up a lot after Rex.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.