[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go so wrong, /v/? >boot it up first time since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: A1YOUQQg.png (173 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
A1YOUQQg.png
173 KB, 1440x900
Where did it go so wrong, /v/?

>boot it up first time since summerish 2013
>only servers outside MM are STILL Hentai Rape
>all the MM people are 2.1k+ players who only use 'pro' terminology and are all in the same L4D2 Scrim group
>I got kicked from the last one of 3 because I refused to kill myself when it wasn't necessary because some 3.6k hour sperglord was mad that I was the only infected alive
>started trying to call me out on something 'This isn't PAYDAY, this isn't CS' bullshit
>he had 2 hours on both of those games
>in fact, the only game he had more than 50 hours on out of 200+ was L4D2
>>
>Where did it go so wrong

Obviously you didn't play long enough to develop autism severe enough to understand his strategy.
>>
>>322570647
>loved playing realism versus way back on release
>join the army, get out of game for 2-3 years
>try to come back
>everyones in clans and they all know the best combo spots and all the glitch areas you can shoot a smoker tongue through and shit, fun is completely sucked out in favor of hardcore competition

I was sad. It was so fun on release.
>>
>>322570989
People who break a game down into a series of actions that you have to rinse and repeat every game really do ruin the games. The same thing happened in Payday 2 once people learn the best ways to complete heists, it just becomes a checklist rather than a game.
>>
>>322570018
L4D 2 has a Matchmaking score? since when?
>>
>>322570989

I know that feel.

>be a youngin' at programming camp
>hear about the release of some game called GunZ: The International Duel
>everyone in the camp signs up for it
>giant private games going whenever we aren't programming stuff
>so much fun shooting and unlocking stuff
>play for a month
>play it a bit after leaving camp
>leave the game alone once I get back to school
>pick the game up a year later
>90% of the previous players are gone
>every server is filled with Kstyler faggots and lag abusers
>never play it again

That was a magical month, and I miss it dearly.
>>
>>322571408
By 2.1K I meant hours, which ties into the 3.6k hour guy. Additionally, the only servers that aren't official Volvo ones are Hentai Rape.
>>
>>322570989
Realism Versus was the shit. I remember playing The Parish and all the survivor strategies were 'Get adrenaline, get out of there' and 'Don't look back.' It was a bunch of madness, I tell you.
>>
>>322570018
I still do co-op from time to time

it's still pretty chill
>>
i still play this game. it's one of my favorite games of all time
>>
So hentai rape is a server group or some shit?

thouht something was wrong like tf server listing "live nudes"
>>
>>322572441
Hentai Rape is a steam group and has L4D2 servers and some terrible gameplay and addons

Not only that, though, (OP here) but every time I was at the menu screen there would be a few no name steam group servers coming up, but it would just flash:

>HENTAI RAPE! Singapore!
>HENTAI RAPE! soandso!

It drained my soul. I had like 66 hours I spent modding on my PC L4D2 before reinstalling to create story above, and I once went on a HENTAI RAPE! server. There was like 8 survivors and SI, and every time someone went down or died on survivor's team it would tint the screen blue, play a slow jazz song, and the chat would say 2-3 times in a row

>A moment for X, they just got totally raped.
>>
>>322570018
Story sounds like a load, I've been playing again for the past year and it's a real mixed bag. Because of all the sales, we still get a lot of newcomers. In fact I;d say there are more new players than old.
Problem with the new faggots though, is that they refuse to learn, and ragequit constantly.
>>
>>322574453
I don't know. Any time I've played has usually been near a sale, and all I get are oldfag assholes. (Bonus points, none of them have 'Good Guy Nick' even though they only play L4D.)

Not only that, but oldfags are supremely the most toxic beings and they make up most of the consistent playerbase.
>>
>>322570018
This is the best bro-op game of all time in my opinion.

But it went wrong because it's a PvP game with
1) a low skill ceiling (gun aim is shit)
2) a high luck factor (cars, dumpsters, etc)
3) too many maps

Because of 1 and 2 the competitive community is too small. Because of 3 the community is intrinsically small.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.