[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only good l'cie is a dead l'cie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5
File: best girl.jpg (422 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
422 KB, 1440x900
The only good l'cie is a dead l'cie.
>>
Cocoon resident please go
>>
I still have no idea what l'cie are.
>>
>>322548019
L'Cie = slaves to what basically amounts to angels in XIII's world

Fal'Cie = basically angels in XIII's world
>>
>>322545305
Best waifu voice ever.
>>
File: Barthandelus.jpg (67 KB, 446x689) Image search: [Google]
Barthandelus.jpg
67 KB, 446x689
Also this fucker right here singlehandedly ruined XIII's fucktarded plot

>The angels are incapable of doing anything outside of their designated duties which is why they enlist humans to do it for them
>The angels also can't communicate with humans effectively which is why they give their orders through vague visions that are only seen once and must be interpreted
>Except both this fucker and Orphan can clearly speak human tongue just fine
>So basically this entire time they could've just told everyone what they wanted them but they'd rather just fuck with us
>Unless Bartandelus, Orphan, and Titan are the only ones who can communicate with humans. But then they very clearly know what Lightning and crew's focuses are so why not just tell those his L'Cie buddies brand what they're supposed to do instead of risking failure and letting everyone turn to zombies?
>Oh right because they thought of the twist first and the justification for it second because nothing is allowed to make any goddamned sense in this game.
>>
Did we ever get a reason WHY the lesbians were this super powerful Ragnarok being?

Or why the Fal'Cie were trying so hard to get them to kill Orphan when they were already able to perform their genocide with a monster army and insta-ceith spell?

Or why their god-fu was ignoring them if Bhunivelze was apparently still an active entity in the world?
>>
>>322549702
Did we ever get an explanation why Lightning, who was some animal killing cop, was so goddamn competent compared to the elite Sanctum soldiers?
>They don't know nothing because no wars
How the fuck does she?
>>
>>322549954
IIRC L'Cie basically have super powers.
>>
>>322549954
Well, her incredibly obsessive and aggressive personality goes a long way to answering why she'd be going well above and beyond standard levels of training, at least.
>>
>>322549954
In her case it's the difference between a swat officer and a soldier in the reserve. The soldier, technically speaking, has better toys and training and therefore should be more adept at dealing with hazardous scenarios. But training routines is different from actual fights and so the swat officer, someone who's constantly dealing with hazardous scenarios even if at the local level, would be more proficient since he has more practical experience. Of all the extremely stupid things XIII has going on in it, that one isn't one of them
>>
>>322550198
I think he meant how she was curb stomping them in the first chapter.
>>
>>322549702
>Did we ever get a reason WHY the lesbians were this super powerful Ragnarok being?
Okay so this one has an explanation too. However many thousands of years ago the Fal'Cie tried this stupid ass plan before with Fang and Vanille. And they succeeded...mostly. They turned into Ragnarok and fractured Cocoon but didn't destroy it. Which, by FFXIII's logic, should mean that they failed their focus and turned into zombies. But no they turned into crystal until whatever god thawed them out and gave them the exact same focus. Because definition of insanity and all that. So that's why Fang was able to do it again
>>
>>322545305
I played 50 hours of this game and I still couldn't tell you a single thing about the plot.
>>
>>322550692
the music is good though.
>>
>>322550681
I know all that, that doesn't explain WHY they are Ragnarok. Did the Fal'Cie grant them that power, which seems to be greater than their own? If so, why not give it to the rest?
>>
>>322550361
manadrive
>>
Alright, so was PSICOM expecting the Purge deportees to rebel? How were they going to kill them if they never planned on taking them to Pulse? Why would they even do that?
>>
File: 1436630502362.jpg (65 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1436630502362.jpg
65 KB, 600x450
>>322550692
So here's the plot in a nutshell: Everyone lives on this big moon named Cocoon that their god made for humans and made angels to run it. The angels are sick of running it but they have no free will so they can't stop. So they try to get humans to do it for them by giving them tasks. If they succeed they turn into crystal and...live forever? And if they don't they turn to zombies. The problem is that the "task" is given to them in a vague vision that they have to interpret first. So this chick Serah ends up branded and is told to lead Lightning and friends to the big L'Cie they found in a nearby town. So Lightning hijacks a train to try and save her and Snow rounds up all his buddies to get all the oppressed townspeople to rally up to save his underaged girlfriend. Oh and there's some other people too. Anyway they all get branded and they spend 30 hours doing absolutely fucking nothing but pine about their fate. At about the halfway point Bartandelus does what he should've done and just outright tell them what they're supposed to do: become Ragnarok and destroy Cocoon. They want them to do this so everyone can die and their deaths can summon their missing god because they're sick of being automatons or something. Anyway Lightning and friends tell Bartandelus that they won't do what he wants them to do. And then they do exactly what he wanted them to do. Except that everyone doesn't die at all, Cocoon's inhabitants are saved by the crystal lesbians. And then Lightning and friends also turn to crystal...except they don't. The reason was probably explained in XIII-2 and 3. I didn't play those games because the first one irritated me too badly.

The end
>>
>>322551896
I think around the point I gave up was when they went back to the city and then told me to go back to the big field to grind. Fuck that, if your game is a hallway you can figure out how to balance my experience correctly.
>>
>>322550895
Fuck, that game has one of my favorite soundtracks of all time
>>
>>322551896
>The angels are sick of running it but they have no free will so they can't stop. So they try to get humans to do it for them by giving them tasks.
Wait how does this work? If the angels have no free will how can they willingly give tasks to humans to complete?
>>
>>322552325
IIRC giving human task IS one of their programming, so abusing the loophole I guess.
>>
>>322549261
Pay attention, anon.

The cocoon fal'cie wanted to be free. They wanted cocoon to fall. They were tired of being stuck coddling humans. They can't just stop, though. And they can't do anything to directly hurt humans/themselves. So the convoluted plan of bringing down cocoon incidentally begins. Through using pulse junk to brand cocoon residents as pulse l'cie, and hoping that they would be able to aid the original l'cie tasked with destroying cocoon.

They had to do it in a way that would satisfy their "programming". As hands off as possible. While also following their defend "programming" to a T, trying to stop the pulse l'cie.
>>
>>322551896
When it's written like this is kind of seems like FFXIII is a story about Snow getting everyone killed because he wanted to get laid
>>
>>322552240
I was actually enjoying the game until I had to return to Cocoon. Then the battles were too long and boring.
>>
>>322551316
They were given their powers by a Pulsian Fal'Cie so fusing into a giant being could just be unique to them. It really just seems like another type of magic they can use like the normal spells and summoning.
>>
>>322552926

Funny. That was the part where the battles for me got upgraded from abominations to horrible. I was still in fury of course.
>>
>>322545305
Would this game run on my 750 ti and intel g1840?
>>
>>322552786
Snow's still an asshole 'till the end of XIII-2 when Serah's deder than ded and even implied that he's an asshole still until some time before XIII-2, where he finally snaps and becomes emo YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND I HAVE TO DIE. But noooo Light comes and saves him and told him NOOO YOU HAVE TO BE AN ASSHOLE and so Snow became asshole again, this time with arguably nicer haircut. At least he's got guts to tell a Fal'Cie to make humans food. Which makes him an asshole to them Fal'Cies.
>>
>>322551896
>The reason was probably explained in XIII-2 and 3.
IIRC Etro (who's barely even mentioned in the first place) did because reasons.
>>
>>322554325
>implied that he's an asshole still until some time before XIII-2
I meant LR:FFXIII, fuck.
>>
>>322545305
I want to tie down Vanille and mind break her into being my cock sleeve. Same for Fang.
>>
File: snow.jpg (40 KB, 600x413) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
40 KB, 600x413
I'm going to marry Serah!
>>
>>322554325
snow was the upbeat dude, trying to keep people's spirits up isn't being an asshole.
>>
>>322554712
With horrible horrible timing to show it. Why do you think Light punch him square in the face? And Hope wants him dead? Sure he apologized to them later, but it doesn't erase the mistakes he did.
>>
>>322554679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd30dz17Zx8
>>
File: k-bigpic.jpg (122 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
k-bigpic.jpg
122 KB, 640x360
>>322545305
I have both Final Fantasy XIII and Lightning Returns (Not XIII-2 though), but I've only put about 3 hours into each game before forgetting about them for reasons. Should I finish XIII or just skip it and play Lightning Returns?
>>
>>322555232
Finish XIII and skip Lightning Returns.
>>
>>322555232
If you have no qualm with almost every major character's fate being spoiled, then sure. Plotwise, I don't think LR spoiled minute details of the previous games' plot except the endings, so there. Also, the gameplay is different enough to make XIII/-2 still fresh to be replayed.
>>
>>322555232
Just play all three.
>>
>>322548019
>>322548672

Its like mentioned at least 5 times every hour, the sad thing you are not the only one who doesnt know. People skip cutscenes or something?
>>
>>322555232

With each intineration the gameplay gets better and the characters and story get really really atrocious.

I liked Noah though, niggah a bro.
>>
>>322555606
Similar pronunciation to fal'cie, longer explanations exist in Datalog, plot and/or gameplay basically tells you to screw everything and run straight to the next event. I can't really blame them.
>>
>>322545305
Cocoon shitposter pls
>>
I haven't been so completely disinterested in game's characters in a while. That whole prologue was a clusterfuck.

>Grab these guns and die for your people!
>Mom what the fuck are you doing?
>lel moms r tuff
>insert annoying accent girl
>>
Armpits
>>
>>322556016
>plot and/or gameplay basically tells you to screw everything and run straight to the next event. I can't really blame them.
I don't know. It's a bit confusing in the beginning, but if you just watch the cutscenes you really shouldn't have any trouble understanding the terminology and what's going on once you're a few hours in. you don't need to read the datalogs or anything.
>>
>>322555232
They are terrible videos games, anon.
Legitimately, truly terrible. There is more merit to the SW prequels, the DMC reboot, Simpsons season 38, Caddyshack 2, the list goes on.

I'm not posting here to hate on people that somehow, against all logic and reason still enjoy these games, but do yourself a favour and leave them.
>>
Buying XIII-3 is one of my biggest regrets.
>>
>>322558542
>Time limit
>over 50 side quests! All of which are fetch quests.
>Beyond retarded story
>Lightning is Jesus
>Ends with Lightning talking directly to Toriyama

What a clusterfuck.
>>
>>322559168
I agree with all of them but >time limit.

It's red herring. I tried to fit all them sidequests as quick as possible, spamming time stop whenever it's possible, and I end up not knowing what to do with my spare time. I finished my first playthrough after around 60 hours.
>>
>>322558542
>>322559168
>>322559527
Did you really believe that 13-3 would somehow NOT be complete shit after the first two abominations? Did you really get taken in by FINISH THE FIGHT?
>>
>>322559734
I kinda meh the plot. Totally hate the writing. The battle system carries me all the way. By the time LR comes out, it's an obligation to finish. Different take on the battle system also kinda refreshing.
>>
>>322552786
You'd do anything to stretch Serah's virgin underage pussy out if you could too
>>
>>322559527
That just makes me wonder why there is even a time limit at all. You're either gonna have too much time or not enough time at all.
>>
>>322545305
I wanna stick my dick between her bangles
>>
>>322560056
>By the time LR comes out, it's an obligation to finish.
This sort of attitude is exactly how SE ended up shitting out 13 in the first place, and is endemic of the current state of AAA gaming.
People are such consumer apologists these days that companies know they can rely on brand loyalty and an inflated marketing budget to sell units, rather than focus on producing the best game they can.
Fast forward a decade or so and the only people with any money in the industry are marketers and shoddy programmers who can make games faster, not better.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.