[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We all know why the vita failed but the thing is the Wii U's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 26
File: wii_u_iwata.jpg (240 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
wii_u_iwata.jpg
240 KB, 960x720
We all know why the vita failed but the thing is the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out.

So I ask you /v/ what went wrong?
>>
>>322542412
>but the thing is the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out.
Only if you're a drone.
>>
>>322542725

It had games, unique tablet controller which was innovative and cool, and miis
>>
File: 1326747248183.jpg (6 KB, 213x219) Image search: [Google]
1326747248183.jpg
6 KB, 213x219
>>322542412
>the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out
>>
>>322542412
Too expensive considering what you're getting
Retarded name that's confusing for consumers
Very few 3rd party titles
>>
File: WHAT.png (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
WHAT.png
11 KB, 300x300
>>322542412
>the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out.
>>
>>322542412
Get back to working on Zelda, Shiggy
>>
File: 1450398193654.gif (456 KB, 160x159) Image search: [Google]
1450398193654.gif
456 KB, 160x159
>>322542412
>>
The casuals who bought the Wii didn't return for another round because Apple beat them to the punch

Only Nintendo's core demographic bought it, which has been dwindling every generation since the NES

Did the Wii U have a shitty name? Yes. Was it poorly marketed? Sure. Underpowered and overpriced? Uh huh. But ultimately all of those are insignificant next to the fact that less and less people want Nintendo products with each passing generation
>>
>>322542412
Nintendo is just suffering the drowback of their Wii policies,since casuals jumped on Android
Third parties' issue is a more complicated one: for games to work on WiiU they have to be highly optimized (They can use only 1GB of RAM for example), Nintendo didn't think about how anti-economic doing this would be for developers
Lastly, they don't have nearly enough resources to keep the thing standing on only Nintendo: they should get like three or four neww development teams and don't waste them on shit like SM3DWorld
>>
File: 1429291593382.gif (1 MB, 295x255) Image search: [Google]
1429291593382.gif
1 MB, 295x255
>>322542412

OP just stop it.
>>
>Mystery
if you legitimately think this you're a retard
>>322543220
>>322543772
basically wraps it up. No one game could ever save the system because that isn't how it works. Can a single game HELP? Sure, we saw that in action when MK8 came out and to a smaller extent when Splatoon launched. But they had no chance of saving the system, and the only game that even MIGHT have was killed the moment it was released on the 3DS first.
>>
>>322542412
Shitty advertising and a weak launch. Great system though, all things considered.
>>
The name was one of the big reasons. Lots of people thought it was a addon or something to the Wii.

I saw a shit load of "we thought this was a wii game but it didn't work so we're selling" auctions on Ebay
>>
The marketing went wrong. Everything else was pretty much perfect.
>>
>>322542412
>Play MK8 with 3 other people over the weekend
>Fun for the first day
>Kinda bored after
>Get Mario Party 10
>Have fun the first 2 games with Bowser
>Play a regular Mario Party game
>Everyone is stuck together?
>Bored already

what gives? I fucking enjoyed Mario Kart DS solo and Double Dash multiplayer for a long while and even the previous Mario Parties.

I hope Sm4sh is good at least
>>
File: 1451342748876.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1451342748876.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>322542412
>>
File: GCN.jpg (235 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
GCN.jpg
235 KB, 853x480
>>322542412
Where the fuck are my games, Itawa
>>
Retarded fucking Nintendo gimmicks. Just give me games.
>>
>>322544378

smash is good just make sure you have the extra 80 bucks to download all the DLC
>>
>>322544378
If you didn't enjoy MK8, you probably won't enjoy Smash 4 because they have a very similar design philosophy in that regard.
>>
>>322544718

One is racing and one is fighting. What the fuck are you on about mate?
>>
It didn't have a stellar launch line up for one. It had a ridiculously expensive, though admittedly neat, controller. A lot of what we were shown at first was thoroughly disenfranchising (Nintendoland anyone?)
>>
File: 0_euroa.jpg (40 KB, 497x263) Image search: [Google]
0_euroa.jpg
40 KB, 497x263
>>322542412
>very few games
>failed to market it to normies
I want it for mario maker, but too afraid that it will just sit on the corner
>>
File: duck.jpg (98 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
98 KB, 1680x1050
>>322542412
No games, bad advertising, the games on it were bad for the majority, no third party support, last gen hardware, cheap gimmicks, and finally, an awful account system with bad network support.

Basically, still on the continuing downward trend since the N64.
>>
They forgot to make games for it
>>
>>322544528
The GC was still developed under Yamauchi's Nintendo. It's Iwata that's responsible for Neo-Nintendo, including gimmicks, shitty hardware, DLC, amiibos, and utter rehashes like NSMB

I'm so glad that the NX is the last we'll see of him. Hopefully we'll return to the Nintendo of old
>>
It's no fucking mystery at all...the system was marketed horribly, its release window made no sense, it was terribly underpowered and the name for it confused people not loyal to the brand.

NoA is a garbage company and they can't localize for shit. They frequently tell fans they don't know what they want and their ideas are stupid, when other companies adopt these ideas successfully. Nintendo as a whole is being run into the ground because they don't know what the fuck they're doing and they keep trying to be"innovative" but fail miserably at it.

If the NX comes out and it actually is touch-screen controlled only, that'll be the nail in the coffin. They have an absolutely horrible marketing team already, there's no way they can sell that idea to anyone. And for the record, I own a Wii U and generally enjoy Nintendo games but there's no question the quality of games is decreasing rapidly over the years.
>>
>>322544378
If you aren't a tourneyfag you'll like Smash 4.
>>
File: 1434500490987.jpg (60 KB, 749x294) Image search: [Google]
1434500490987.jpg
60 KB, 749x294
>>322542412
>but the thing is the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out
>>
No advertising so no one knew it existed, and the lack of third party support means it has the worst all around game library of any major console ever outside of the Jaguar.

Nintendo really misjudged the public perception of the Wii at the end of it's life cycle. They assumed it sold really well so obviously everyone loved it, but didn't realize that most of those people were normies who bought it for Wii Sports and hadn't even touched it for years after they got bored with it. Nintendo assumed the public just wanted the logical progression to the Wii, when most people had a sour taste in their mouth about the little white dust covered box in their entertainment center.
>>
If the Wii U is such a failure, how are Amiibos such a success? What's going on here?
>>
>>322542412

fucking garbage gimmick

fucking garbage hardware

no games
>>
File: 1450374844326.png (21 KB, 508x610) Image search: [Google]
1450374844326.png
21 KB, 508x610
>>322542412

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

THANK YOU OP I NEEDED A GOOD LAUGH
>>
File: 1450395775356.jpg (323 KB, 1228x1502) Image search: [Google]
1450395775356.jpg
323 KB, 1228x1502
>>322545257
And that's why I'm glad he is dead. The fucker was responsable for the hordes of autist manchild that want cartoonish Zelda and Mario 2.5D games instead a proper sequels.
>>
File: image.png (61 KB, 200x195) Image search: [Google]
image.png
61 KB, 200x195
>>322542412
Now I love my Wii U, but it's failure is no surprise.
Shitty name, few launch titles, the gamepad is an expensive controller to produce, the hardware is a pain for third party developers, and it the weakest console this generation.
There's fun to be had on Wii U for sure, but it's niche as fuck.
>>
>>322546584
They are succesful as collectables, not as locked DLC, skylanders rip off they were intended to be.
>>
>>322542412
Nintendo keeps trying to get by with stupid gimmicks to mask inferior hardware, and obviously no one wants that anymore. If the NX isn't a normal PS4-esque gaming console with even better specs, it will die the same death as the Wii U.
>>
File: 5b4.jpg (13 KB, 200x282) Image search: [Google]
5b4.jpg
13 KB, 200x282
>>322543772

>But ultimately all of those are insignificant next to the fact that less and less people want Nintendo products with each passing generation

fucking this

The most I can hope from Nintendo now is that they make a budget $100-$200 "pure game" console that can run low-end games easily. This shouldn't even be hard, look at the insane popularity of Dota 2 and minecraft on Steam. There's a market for this but Nintendo kept trying to sell what they had made to normies who had moved on five years ago with smartphones.

The Wii U flopped because it tried to appeal to everyone. Consoles in general are becoming all the same (ie just media centers that also play games) and Nintendo didn't realize how important weeb shit was to "hardcore" fans, while netflix/skype was important for casuals.
>>
>>322545291

Nintendo is like any nip company: they have a status quo and they keep hammering at it even if they screw themselves over.

In Japan the console/handheld market already is hitting a brick wall so they don't know what to do other than keep doing what has sold them consoles in the past; namely gimmicks that appeal to children and their parents.

Problem is, now in 2016 both groups demand different things from their consoles, and a $350 system with wonky/nonstandard control inputs turns them off.
>>
>>322546584

amibos are literally toys, not a videogame
>>
>>322543772
>But ultimately all of those are insignificant next to the fact that less and less people want Nintendo products with each passing generation

I don't know if less people want Nintendo products, it's just that far less people can subsist on ONLY Nintendo products. They aren't the juggernaut they once were, and they aren't the sole synonymous name with vidya anymore. I still contend that if they had released a comparably powered console to the PS4 that had all the third party support and their first party titles, they could have won this generation. Their first party games can't carry a console anymore, but it's still enticing as a supplement.
>>
File: 1438992164762.jpg (13 KB, 279x311) Image search: [Google]
1438992164762.jpg
13 KB, 279x311
>>322542412
>make retarded gimmick controler
>put in a bunch of underpowered hardware
>alienate 3rd party developers
>WHY ISN'T IT SELLING???????
>>
Nintendo is dying the slow death Sega did. Except the Dreamcast is a better console than the Wii U.

Face it, the future of console gaming are mediacenter boxes with games secondary to films/TV services like Netflix. The trend of buggy games will only get worse as devs slowly tune themselves down to make smaller games that they can more easily splice DLC/microtransactions into.

Nintendo was pure, but they also had their heads up their asses and couldn't find a niche for their system. It doesn't have enough third party games for casuals, but also doesn't have enough niche games for enthusiasts. It's this weird spot where it doesn't please anyone. The controls ultimately sunk it though, since it's just so unorthodox of a control scheme.
>>
Hell, I'm playing a Wii U right now and I know exactly why it failed. But it's better than an Xbone.

>>322546213
>NO SIN AND PUNISHMENT 3
;_;
>>
It is not a Sony console. That's literally it.

PS1 was weaker than the N64. It won by a huge margin, 3 to 1.
PS2 was even weaker than the competition, yet it trounced the combined competition three to one.
The PS3 had nogaems and FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS. Both the 360 and Wii were able to supercede it initially. PS3 won in the end.
The PS4 is the least shitty console released today, and is the strongest home console to boot with dozens of exclusives and the best performing console versions of multis.

The only way Nintendo can succeed in the console market is if their consoles are branded by Sony. That's all you need.
>>
>>322542412
>the vita failed
when will this meme die?
>>
>>322548587

not the guy you're responding to, but there's more people playing "videogames" now more than ever before, though 90% of them are casuals and most games they play are either fifa, cod or mobile games

nintendo's base has remained steady since the N64, they never went with the media center stuff the PS2 did with DVD support or the 360 did with netflix support. While sony and MS made lots of money introducing casuals into their system, nintendo just sat there and didn't do anything. The wii was a success, yes, but by the time the wii u came out smartphones had picked up all of nintendo's wii buyers

it's a matter of both gaming becoming larger and more casual, and nintendo trying to make the most "middle of the road" system possible
>>
>>322548967

There's a lot of truth to this, when my mom bought a used Wii last year she got mad as fuck when it wouldn't play DVDs. A $35 used PS2, however, could. Meanwhile my stupid cuntbag of a sister uses her 360 almost exclusively for Netflix. She can't remember the last time she played a game on it.

Why do either have to gain from a Wii U? My mother can't figure the controller out while my sister doesn't want to drop $300 for something her current 360 does good enough. And as much as I loved splatoon, I can't bring myself to drop cash on a Wii U just for it either.
>>
>>322542412
Nintendo doesn't have enough mature games for mature gamer girls such as myself.
>>
>>322549774

the wii u doesn't have enough games, period
>>
>>322542412
What mystery?

It had an unmarketable name, shit hardware, a gimmick nobody cared for, and poor showings from its flagship franchises outside of Mario Kart.
>>
>>322548894
>The controls ultimately sunk it though, since it's just so unorthodox of a control scheme.

It's literally a normal controller (sans analog triggers) but with a touchscreen in the center, when developers don't know what to do with it, the put a minimap there. The Wii remote is an example of an actual unorthodox controller. Will you faggots stop arguing that somehow a gimmicky controller directly contributed to the Wii U's lack of sales? It only did so indirectly, by making the system more expensive than could be justified for the hardware when a PS4 was $50 more. And a bunch of other reasons that have been brought up in this thread.
>>
Poor marketing and a lack of third party support
>>
Shitty gimmicky controller.
>>
>>322549219
when it stops being true
i.e., never ever
>>
>>322542412
The shit marketing.
Casuals didn't know it wasn't just some gimmick peripheral.
>>
>>322550034

m8, it's literally a normal controller with a touchscreen in the center. That's hugely off-putting for most people. It's just not a logical thing to do. The Wii stick was unorthodox too, but it had a regular gamepad on it and the motion controls made sense to normal people once they got a hold of it. But, they'd only pick it up in the first place because it's a stick with regular buttons on it. Normalfags don't pick up the Wii U controller because it's like a tablet, but with buttons but it's also like a controller but with a huge touchscreen.

It's confusing to them, at least. Which causes them to not get what the Wii U actually is, which causes them to become disinterested in it more easily.
>>
>>322549994
>poor showings from its flagship franchises outside of Mario Kart
Did it ever take this long for a Zelda game to appear on a Nintendo system? Four years and we still don't know a damn thing about it.
>>
>>322550782

I'm pretty certain that up until the Wii U, every Nintendo system had a Zelda title within a year or two of release.
>>
>>322550536

The main reason for poor Wii U sales would be poor marketing (which includes its name), hardware which is both relatively underpowered and yet expensive. And the lack of easily done third party ports because of the hardware.

Normalfags/gamers in general going "hurr durr" over the controller may have cost some consumers, but not nearly as much. Unless you're trying to tell me if everything else about the Wii U were the same, including the price, it would have sold millions more units if they had just made the Wii U pro controller as its standard.
>>
>>322546679
edgy
>>
File: 2248327.jpg (25 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
2248327.jpg
25 KB, 680x383
>>322542412
>2 jrpgs
>1 is weeb shit idol pantsu quest
>no 3rd party support
>no ff
>no mgs
>no any game that uses DX11 in general
>only mario and zelda ports and rehashes
>Wii U's failure is still a mystery

Disgusting console, doesn't support Japanese games, doesn't support western games, outdated hardware as fuck.

It fails at everything.
>>
>>322550536
>Normalfags don't pick up the Wii U controller because it's like a tablet, but with buttons but it's also like a controller but with a huge touchscreen.
Casuals may be stupid but they aren't THAT stupid. They don't treat the gamepad like some alien technology.
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1000x1100) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1000x1100
People want an all in one device, which is a market owns by the leash. However, that doesn't stop their competitors from being viable alternatives; the Xbone may be outsold by the PS4 two to one worldwide, but it's only slightly behind the PS4 in the USA, the console's biggest market. The Xbone's issue is the fact that it doesn't appeal to Europeans or the Japanese, the latter essentially being a market locked down by Sony. Nintendo's consoles aren't the everything boxes the PS4 and Xbox are, they're those weirdo consoles that are only for games, and not the games everyone else is playing. What Nintendo needs to do is make an everything box, and focus more on breaking back into the Japanese console market than trying to break into every market. There's only Sony in the Japanese console market, and Nintendo will have an edge there if only because they are Japanese. Plus this will encourage more Jap games to be multiplatform, and I doubt those automatically PS4 exclusive Jap games sell that well to begin with; they're exclusive because Sony is the only dog in town.

Owning multiple consoles is only something loser faggots do, and in no way helps Nintendo.
>>
>>322551637

the average wii u owner (aka someone's mom) does
>>
>>322551432
I started hating on him way before he died.He is the main reason Nintendo dropped on console war and started going full casual.
>>
>>322551509

This. And how the fuck is the vita a failure? It's just as proportionally popular as the psp and has more and better games than the 3ds. The only games it doesn't have are nintendo games and that has never been a valid reason to criticize sony since they literally cannot have nintendo games.
>>
>>322546679
>And that's why I'm glad he is dead.
It's good that the company is in the hands of somebody who can hopefully turn it around, but jesus anon a little respect wouldn't kill you. He fucking died, man.
>>
>>322552973

This. Iwata was a god among men. Show some fucking respect.
>>
File: 1450834302568.png (263 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450834302568.png
263 KB, 480x480
>>322542412
>>
>>322542412
I'm a fucking Nintendo apologist and even I know why the Wii U failed
>Outdated hardware
>Pathetically underpowered
>No 3rd party support to speak of
>Panders to casuals who don't want it, neglects actual Nintendo fans
>Unnecessary over-casualization of nearly every first party game (i.e., nearly every game period) released for it thus far
And now for the big one, this might be more than anything else the reason it truly bombed
>Stupid name coupled with the pants on head marketing of only the gamepad made literally everyone think it was just an add-on for the Wii
I still use it almost every day but for fuck's sake what were they thinking
>>
>>322542412
>what went wrong?

Consumers.
>>
File: 1362280917215.jpg (59 KB, 814x459) Image search: [Google]
1362280917215.jpg
59 KB, 814x459
>>322542412
I didn't believe people said it was the confusing naming convention.

I didn't believe that people were that stupid to confuse the WiiU game console with an accessory for the Wii.

On the day SM3DW came out I went to Best Buy (Counties equivalent) and the girl at the check-out says "lots of people are buying this today, did it just come out?" I am thinking 'Don't you fucking work here?" but I reply yes. Then she ask can I play this on my Wii?" I say "No it is for the WiiU console. You cannot play it on an original Wii if that is what you are asking." She then replies "Why not?"

I was going to start long explanation about program code and machine architecture but I just put my head down and finished the transaction and walked out the store.

Even trained sales staff are too dumb to tell the difference between a Wii and a WiiU and it is their fucking job.
>>
>controller is the same size as the console
>mystery
>>
PS Vita will come back ^~^
>>
>>322542412
I remember I thought at the release date,"I want it, but it's not now".
>>
File: WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg (500 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_screenshot_TV_01C4C.jpg
500 KB, 1280x720
>>322542412
1. Pissed off core players with Wii.
2. Lost 3rd party support.
3. Hidden costs, you need to buy Remote, Nunchuck, Sensor bar, WiiU Pro Controller, ethernet adapter, external disk drive, Y usb calble and ethernet adapter.
4. Don't make games for casual market, dudebros, etc.

I personally like WiiU cause muh MH3U, Xenogirls, Hyrule Warriors, Bayos and platformers but wouldn't recommend for normal ppl.
>>
File: wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o1uwo.png (1 MB, 1280x792) Image search: [Google]
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01o1uwo.png
1 MB, 1280x792
>>322542412
Marketing.

And marketing.

That's it. It has by far the best exclusive games this generation which is weird.
>>
Because it's like the virtual boy. Nintendo does this shit occasionally. They'll drop a shit system to trick retards into paying for it and funding the good system coming up. Namely, the NX in this case.
>>
>>322542412
>Wii U's failure is still a mystery

PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>322557413
>Don't make games for casual market, dudebros, etc.

They do. Is just not even casuals like their casual garbage.
>>
>>322557641

And as an addendum: too many rehashes. And the one game they put on there that wasn't a rehash of the same old shit, Splatoon, sucked dick and was handed out piecemeal and clearly marketed towards children, despite the fact that kids don't like kiddy games and just attracted a few autistic faggots into MLP.
>>
>>322557413
>Hidden costs, you need to buy Remote, Nunchuck, Sensor bar, WiiU Pro Controller, ethernet adapter, external disk drive, Y usb calble and ethernet adapter.

I literally bought the remote and I'm good
>>
>>322556983
Vita means life.

Still my favorite console.

Its a dream if you like imports.
>>
File: Bossmile.png (266 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Bossmile.png
266 KB, 540x304
>>322542412
>>
File: 01 is this stupid.png (13 KB, 395x399) Image search: [Google]
01 is this stupid.png
13 KB, 395x399
>>322557818
>Splatoon, sucked dick and was handed out piecemeal and clearly marketed towards children, despite the fact that kids don't like kiddy games and just attracted a few autistic faggots into MLP.
>I have no idea what I'm talking about: The Post
>>
The Wii U is great with a surprisingly large library of games.

The big problem? Only a rather niche market would be interested in said games, i.e. no COD, Battlefront, Witcher, Fallout etc.

The only reason the Wii sold is because it targeted the casual market with Wii Sports etc. Games like No More Heroes, Mad World, etc didn't sell that much.
>>
>>322542412
They ruined their name with the Wii. Marketing was non existent. The name was confusing for parents.
>>
File: 1441433640262.jpg (68 KB, 600x356) Image search: [Google]
1441433640262.jpg
68 KB, 600x356
>>322558094
Splatoon was meant to be my baby first shooter to kids. Deal with it.
>>
I agree with most of the complaints in this thread. It's pretty expensive for a mediocre console, that pandered to the casual market, with only a few really great games. That said, I enjoyed playing it, but I also didn't pay for it, or most of the games I played on it.

Next console better be great, or Nintendo is in for a really rough time. They angered their base with this gen, and the Wii U shows that probably not going to get the casual wave they got with the Wii again.
>>
>>322546679
The cartoonish Zeldas are superior.
>>
>>322542412
>killed the brand with Wii
>relying on nostalgia for sales
>amiibo games are no better than freemium games
>incompatible hardware with the current generation
>$50 less than systems that have AAA support
>Nintendo isn't cool
>Nintnedo doesn't know how to play dirty with marketing
>Nintnedo doesn't know how to market
>Nintnedo doesn't know how to build their brand
>No 3D Mario
>Newer games feel like rushed minimal content cash grabs

Did I miss anything?
>>
>>322558930
You forgot
>Confused customers who thought it was a new controller for the Wii
>>
>>322557914
Good for you, I had one from my old Wii. I want to buy digital version of old games and lack storage so I've bought external hard drive and of course i can't use it cause of low voltages in usb ports and have to buy Y cable or usb hub with additional power. Have ccpro but Hyrule Warriors doesn't support it, had to get WiiU pro to play co-op. Some guys get unstable wi-fi connectios so have to buy ethernet adapter.
>>
>>322542997
>it had games

No it really didn't. Also no one wanted the tablet controller. It was a shitty gimmick no one asked for.
>>
>>322559752
Most of the games use it only for offscreen play. WiiU is just stationary DS idea, it worked there, I like drawing a map in some games, or using touchscreen as pda in chinatown wars or making molotovs. It has potential, they just wasted it.
>>
What mystery?

They all but abandoned their core market with the Wii in favor of attracting a non-gamer audience whose interest they couldn't keep going into the next generation. They also alienated third party devs with underwhelming hardware and gimmicky controllers. Now they have no games other than their own sparse offerings and no userbase outside of the nintendo diehards, which it turns out, isn't a big enough group for them to get by on.
>>
>>322542412
>everything in that picture is dead
>>
>>322560593
>outside of the nintendo diehards
They probably don't even solidly have that anymore
>>
>>322542412
>miniscule storage space, 32gb in 2012 is horrible
>the name confuses casuals
>shittily advertised
>didn't launch with any killer apps
>any 3rd party games it gets are shitty ports

I have one and have fun with it, but they fucked a lot of things up with the launch
>>
>>322556559
"It's because the Wii U is a newer and different console, just like the Xbox One isn't an Xbox 360"

All you had to say.
>>
>>322560615
Except that plant
>>
Wii had good points but an offputting amount of shite titles and no real gems in the third party area. Virtual console and motion controller was good but nintendo didn't really do as well as they could with them. Wii U tries to repeat the success but lacks a novel gimmick and doesn't improve certain key areas.
>>
>>322549873
This

I have a Wii U and it makes a lot of things really convenient (like watching Netflix in my bed because I don't have a TV separate from my computer setup in my dorm), and it also lets me play games somewhere other than in front of my desk.

My only complaint is I don't have enough games. I didn't enjoy Splatoon, so I'm left with MK8, Mario Maker, NSMB, and Sm4sh (which cost even more extra money to be able to use GCB controllers.)

The digital marketplace lacks legacy titles that I haven't played in a long time, and I just don't have enough of a variety of games to play.
>>
File: 1435288600427.jpg (48 KB, 600x484) Image search: [Google]
1435288600427.jpg
48 KB, 600x484
There is zero third party support, and 90% of the library it has is watered down nostalgia bait.
>>
>>322562373
Do you like Platinum/Crazy games? You could give Bayo 2 or W101 a try if so.
>>
>>322558930
>Doesn't know how to build their brand
>Literally decades of hugely successful, well-known, popular brands

Wanna know how I know you're retarded?
>>
>>322561074
Do you have to tell your plumber that shit runs down hill before he can fix your pipes?
>>
>>322563682
Also, I did say that it.

> I say "No it is for the WiiU console. You cannot play it on an original Wii if that is what you are asking."

Didn't help.
>>
>>322562761
I've been thinking about Bayo 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles for a while, just don't have any money to shell out on games at the present moment.
>>
>>322542412
It didn't have DVD or bluray support
>>
>>322558589
>my baby first shooter to kids

I wonder how many anons we lose every year to strokes
>>
I find it funny how despite all the times Sony has literally told the Vita and its owners FUCK YOU that it still rivals the Wii U in sales which has been pushed so hard by Nintendo in an attempt to get it to sell.
>>
>>322565135
Heck, NDS didn't even had Mp3 support until DSi came up.
What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>322565930
I bought the wiiu for my parents for Christmas, as they wanted to get Wii/fit/, but also have one box, instead of a roku and a bluray player. I should've just gotten them an xbone
>>
>>322558171
>large library
The PS4 has more games......this is fact. The Wiiu doesn't have that many games.
>>
>>322542412
a system with a controller that made it hard to develop for. like the virtual boy but it does'nt murder your eyes
>>
>>322568838
>a controller that made it hard to develop for
devs are lazy
>>
>>322565930
>What the fuck were they thinking?
Nothing. That's the problem: Nintendo isn't much of a tech company like Sony even if they are producing consoles for years.
>>
Everyone likes to say nogames as a reason why the WiiU failed, but the ps4 disproves that.

In all honesty, what is your metric for a console "failing"? I play my WiiU every day and have a lot of fun with it, so how exactly did it "fail" for me?
>>
You know a console is bound to fail when the dam gimmick controller costs more than the console itself. It's weak and not even worth having multiplats put on it. I found no fun in my wiiU. I impulse bought it for legend of Zelda and smash....neither of which I am still interested in. Whenever Nintendo creates a console that can give me the zelda wiiU tech demo level of gaming, I will go back. For now though, I'm done with the gimmicks. It may have worked for the wii because honestly who didn't get excited over motion controls but it won't work anymore.
>>
>>322568160
the ps4 has vastly inferior versions of games. those don't count. the same way that arkham asylum doesn't count for the wii u. What kind of idiot buys batman for the wii u?

As hard as it is for you to swallow the wii u does actually have more games than the ps4
>>
>>322569767
It's just like the ps3. Sure it started off with no games and everyone shat on it for being an "overpriced bluray player" but after a year more and more exclusives came out. It got to a point where Sony was sitting out an exclusive every month while the 360 stayed stagnant and kinda shifted focus to kinect and other things. Ps3 definitely won last gen. The ps4 right now has a lot of multiplats sprinkled in with a few exclusives here and there. The wiiU on the other hand has 0 multiplat support unfortunately so it may very well be the games. WiiU gets like 3 or so games a year(relevant ones at that).
Anyway I'm sure the ps4 will get to a point where it's sitting out top quality exclusives left and right.
>>
>>322569767
The Wii U is a no games device compared to the PS4 in the eyes of casuals. What do you think they'd rather play: Fallout 4 or Pikmin 3? Fifa or W101? Blops 3 or Splatoon? The most important games in this generation so far have been multiplats, and none of them are on Wii U. So yes, it has no games compared to any and all competitors.
>>
File: 1438747644097.gif (485 KB, 500x249) Image search: [Google]
1438747644097.gif
485 KB, 500x249
>>322542412
>>the Wii U's failure is still a mystery no one can figure out.

nintendogaf everyone
>>
>>322542412
Terrible marketing. Terrible Name. Terrible concept.

That's it.
Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.