[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did you let him live /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 17
File: The_Architect's_Profile.jpg (308 KB, 796x714) Image search: [Google]
The_Architect's_Profile.jpg
308 KB, 796x714
Did you let him live /v/?
>>
No, I killed that guy. Why? Does he do anything in Inquisition? Probably not.
>choices
>mattering
>>
Yes because his epilogue states things do get better and we never hear from the character in future games or his awakened Darkspawn again.
>>
>>322538289
No, he was a meme character
>>
>>322538289
Depends. Is it a middle finger to the Gay Wardens if let him live?
>>
>>322538725
It would be against established protocol.
>>
I stopped at 2 did they ever explain what the darkspawn were and what happened to the maker or his city or whatever?
>>
File: 1451530463205.jpg (285 KB, 1296x776) Image search: [Google]
1451530463205.jpg
285 KB, 1296x776
>Letting Him live
>Reminder that You are basically allowing an intelligent wave of genocide and rape to sweep the lands eventually versus a feral wave of genocide and rape
>>
>>322539035
Cory in the House claims the Golden City was empty when they got there
And all we really got from Inq is that Elven gods we're definitely a thing and still are
>>
I let him live because it might lead to exciting adventures down the line, same reason as to why I let Morrigan get impregnated by Alistair
>>
>>322538289

>trusting a monster because it can speak and kills other monsters too

no thanks senpai
>>
>>322539076
Don't they fuck up other darks pawn in the deep road?
>>
>>322539235
Anon I'm sorry...
>>
>>322539035
According to Corypheus who is a dlc boss in 2 and the main antagonist of Inquisition the city was always black and no Maker was ever there.

Other than that only more exposition about the Elven Gods from Solas who is actually Fen'Harel, the evil wolf elf God. Turns out he created the Veil to split the Fade and real world after the other Elf gods, who were actually all super powerful elf mages, killed the milf elf goddess. But it cut off Elven immortality which was never Humans' fault and the inevitable downfall of the Elven empire. Now he wants to destroy the Veil after regretting making it to return Elves to their super powerful state. Ends with Inquisitor getting their arm torn off and searching for "new companions" to stop Solas which is an obvious euphemism for the inevitable DA4 or Dragon Age MMO.
>>
>>322539459
why?
>>
>>322539731
Architect is never mentioned again.

Morrigan's son is an autistic bore that does nothing.
>>
>>322540104
I know, but I still did it on the off chance it would lead to some major stuff down the line.
>>
>>322539340
Yeah but Darkspawns propagate through canibalism, suffering, VIOLATION, and implied rape

Plus look at humans you think literal monster men can be more civilized and restrained than emotional idiots?
>>
>>322540104
>Morrigan's son is an autistic bore that does nothing.
so it is Alistar's kid after all
>>
>>322539235
>play female and get with Alistair
>let Morrigan cuck you or one of you die
>>
File: 4282.jpg (27 KB, 420x322) Image search: [Google]
4282.jpg
27 KB, 420x322
>>322539035
DLC for 2 introduced literally the most important character in the setting (and made him villain for 3) and he said that the Golden City was already black when he entered.
>>
>>322540304
If you spare the Darkspawn messenger he goes on to be a hero helping travellers around Amaranthine in the epilogue, even though he accidentally spreads the blight a bit.
>>
Do any other game do choices like DA:O did?

I found it really interesting how some choices that seem the best were actually worse when you get the ending scenes, also found it pretty cool that minor quests had impact as well

Shame that DA:2 was utter horseshit, I still have no idea how they went from ME1 and DA:O to ME2 and DA:2, such a drop in quality

Also I called The Architect the only good darkspawn is a dead one, intelligent or not
>>
>>322538289
Yes, he was an interesting guy.
Of course, you'd expect with him alive or at least with some disciples alive a non-crazy darkspawn colony to happen and have impact on the game in the next installments.

But no
Nooooooooooooooooo.
Because choices matter.
>>
File: 1344439659687.jpg (7 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
1344439659687.jpg
7 KB, 188x268
>>322540524
Women can't get cuckolded you fucking idiot.

>>322540659
Age of Decadence.
>>
>>322540659
Yes, The Witcher 3, and did it better.
>>
>>322540798
Fine whatever the lady equivalent is.
>>
>>322540524
>Marry Alistair
>Recruit Lohgain
>Have him die killing the Archdemon
>Morrigan's plans are foiled
Easy
>>
>>322540524
I romanced Alistair as a man thx to mods and let her have his seed
>>
>>322540891
There isn't any. Harems have historically been more common than monogamy and women actively seek men who fuck a lot of women.
>>
>>322540962
Alistair breaks up with you if you spare Loghain.
>>
File: 32.jpg (51 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
51 KB, 600x656
>>322540962
I did that just to fuck with Morrigan. I didn't do it to give Loghain a hero's death to clear his name or to avoid dying myself. I did it straight up just to throw a wrench in her and Meredith's plan.

Shame that it didn't matter in the end, but I played that character like a Grade A dick the whole game.
>>
>>322541046
cuckquean
>>
>>322540817
It's actually pretty cool how a bunch of choices affected Ciri's ultimate fate instead of an A, B or C option right at the end.
>>
>>322540817

I don't really agree that The Witcher 3 did it better, very few decisions have meaning in the game, and there is very little difference in endings, despite being promised 50 or so.

That being said I really enjoyed the grey morality of the Witcher and the Baron quest is probably one of the best quests I have ever played.

>>322540798

Never even heard of AoD, just found it on steam, looks interesting so I will probably give it a go
>>
File: 1451489644946.jpg (156 KB, 680x885) Image search: [Google]
1451489644946.jpg
156 KB, 680x885
>>322540603
>1 case
>Also spreads super evil god curse aids everywhere he goes
>>
File: Alistair approves.gif (1 MB, 318x164) Image search: [Google]
Alistair approves.gif
1 MB, 318x164
>>322541175
He does? I don't really remember because I haven't done that in a save in a long time.

>>322541241
Fucking Morrigan's plans is really fun, even if it means letting Flemeth use you. In Origins she's a way more entertaining character anyway.
>>
>>322541586
This is his epilogue if you let him live

>If the Warden chooses to let him go after the battle in the City of Amaranthine, the city soon buzzes with stories of a cloaked but lisping figure who helps travelers in danger. At the same time, reports of isolated cases of the darkspawn disease emerge, but no one connects the two.
>>
>>322541664
>Fucking Morrigan's plans
>Instead of breeding her

Di you literally suck dick?
>>
>>322538289
of course
killing is bad and wrong
there should be stronger word for killing, like badrong, or badong
yes - killing is badong
I shall stand for the opposide of killing - gnodab
>>
File: 718802-rinkoiori.png (189 KB, 300x450) Image search: [Google]
718802-rinkoiori.png
189 KB, 300x450
>>322541932
>Being a thirsty faggot

Nah, I don't roll that way. I refused to fuck any female and just bamboozled everyone while saving the world.
>>
>>322541932
>Being used
>Not using others
Smalltime
>>
>>322538289
No.
Because I was a Grey Warden.
And the total meaning of a Grey Warden's existence is to wipe out all Darkspawn.
So what the fuck kinda Grey Warden would I be if I let a Darkspawn live because it "exhibited intelligence?" If anything, as a Grey Warden, that would only make me consider it to be more of a threat.
>>
>>322540524
I banged her and then we went into that mirror together. I don't know what this cucking business is all about. I started a family, bruh.
>>
way I played my character he was constantly looking for a way out of the shit he got himself into, and the architect seemed like the sort of guy that could actually fix the whole darkspawn blood corruption thing grey wardens had going for them

so sure, he gets to live, heck I'll even bring research notes from that feller in watchers keep to him, just has to take a look at this whole premature expiration date on my person
>>
>>322541868
NotWorthIt/10

There is no reason to let any Darkspawn live

Especially what is basically the Darkspawn pope
>>
>>322538289
Yes
>>322538563
Correction, he is not even mentioned in Inquisition.
>>
>>322539721
>killed the milf elf goddess.
>Milf Elf
Tell me more, and where does Flemmeth fall into all this? I read that she showed up in the ending of the game
>>
>>322542381
Exactly, despite having "Grey" in their name they're pretty black and white on where things fall with darkspawn.
>Does it kill darkspawn?
Do it.
>Does it not kill darkspawn
Fuck it.
>>
>>322544880
They are actual monsters

There is no grays when dealing with monsters

REMOVE DARKSPAWN
>>
>>322545448
They also got the best heraldry, griffons and wings.
>>
>>322545448
>They are actual monsters
In spite of several of them exhibiting high intelligence, and some even being docile.
Ever think that maybe they all disappear when Archdemon is defeated because they're finally free to leave, rather than being chased away?
>>
>>322547317
Not really, I can't stop to think while I'm killing darkspawn
>>
File: 1421863672055.png (1 MB, 800x1132) Image search: [Google]
1421863672055.png
1 MB, 800x1132
>>322543178
Gayder confirmed that The Architect was one of the Magisters post-Inquisition, at least.

Also Vellana or whatever the insane elf bitch's name was was originally supposed to be the one who was possessed by Justice, since she's written out in every ending on Awakening. Anders was just supposed to die/disappear/remain in the Wardens but all of it got retconned for the sake of an annoying gay mage man.
>>
>>322545448
The Messenger was great. I liked the ending where he roams the wilds helping people while inadvertently spreading the blight.
>>
>>322545448

Is there anything worse than forced ambiguity?

Can't things actually be evil anymore?
>>
>>322541664
If you spare Loghain you can either kill Alistair or exile him/he'll run off never to be seen again. That's how you get the drunk Alistair cameos.
>>
>>322547317
See>>322540304
>Darkspawns propagate through canibalism, suffering, VIOLATION, and implied rape

They are one bad day from deciding that genocide is cool and go back to warbands

And they are mortal creatures they exhibit our vices like pride and shit

Plus nigga the dorfs got shit to take back
>>
File: 1420178040421.jpg (524 KB, 745x2357) Image search: [Google]
1420178040421.jpg
524 KB, 745x2357
>>322539035
The only worthwhile part of 2 was the Legacy DLC. The Chant of Light is partially true in that a bunch of Magisters entered the "Golden City," but Corypheus himself states that the Maker wasn't there and the city was already in ruins when they arrived there. They only tried to reach the Golden City because they were looking for the Old Gods or some shit, anyways. Inquisition was more on the Elvhen Lore.

Fen'harel tried to save his people from "something" by locking up the Elvhen Gods within the Eluvians. Right after, however, Tevinter came through and destroyed Arlathan because they lacked any Gods to protect them. Being in the presence of humans shortened their lifespans making most of their magic impossible, to boot. Also Ancient Elves were giant cunts so who cares, anyways?
>>
>>322548632
Darkspawn represent corruption, but that doesn't mean they can't conquer that nature. The Architect wrongly believed himself to be a freak of nature, born as a Darkspawn with a will of its own. In truth he was an ancient Magister twisted by the Black City, the original source of the Darkspawn corruption. He even explains that his way of helping the Darkspawn was basically by reversing the method of how Ghouls and Broodmothers are made; instead of a pure human being forced to ingest Darkspawn blood, Darkspawn were given the blood of Wardens - human blood that had resisted the call of the Old God and the taint. I don't think you can really shit on the Architect or his disciples for what they are trying to do; what you can shit on are his failures (which led to the Blight) and The Mother. I don't think it's any reason to just give up on Darkspawn entirely, though. You can't undo a Darkspawn, it's just hoe they're born; but riding them of the desire to follow the song of the Old Gods is the only feasible means of stopping the Blight for good.
>>
>>322548632
>Darkspawns propagate through canibalism, suffering, VIOLATION, and implied rape
One does not choose how they are born, anon. If you were a rape child, would you want people to naturally assume you evil?
>>
File: slap.gif (1024 KB, 269x140) Image search: [Google]
slap.gif
1024 KB, 269x140
>>322541664
>>
>>322548363
But you can also make yourself Queen and recruit Lohgain, you just need to get Alistair to that "hardened" threshold. He won't renounce his claim or the marriage
>>
>>322540891
>>322541046

http://cuckqueancaptions.tumblr.com/
>>
>>322538289
man johnny bravo really let himself go
>>
>>322547867
But WHY did they decide to just fuck it all up? Did EA push the deadline so hard they went batshit insane?
>>
>>322543581
Flemeth is actually has the soul of the Milf Elf inside her and she wants vengeance.
>>
File: alistair.jpg (60 KB, 990x720) Image search: [Google]
alistair.jpg
60 KB, 990x720
[Something seems to be bothering Alistair. Maybe you should speak to him and see if you can get him to open about it.]
>>
>>322550532
>>322547867
She wasn't DEFINITELY getting Justice, it was always between her and Anders. In the end, they realized going with Velanna would require making too much of DA2 about the Elves so they dropped her in favor of Anders.

And also, literally no one wanted to write her.
>>
>>322542381
>>322544880

killing darkspawn =/= eradicating darkspawn

the dark ritual and sparing the Architect could potentially eradicate darkspawn
>>
File: 1422015768337.png (171 KB, 979x881) Image search: [Google]
1422015768337.png
171 KB, 979x881
>>322550532
No idea, but I don't think the deadline is to blame for DAII's story; at least the Alistair part. It seems more likely that they wanted a mage who had suffered under the Chantry instead of a wild mage woman who hated humans so they could play the, "think of the chantry mages!" angle. However since Alistair and the plot in general were so poorly cobbled together, it was just terrible.

Legacy is worthwhile mostly for bringing Alistair along and then beating the shit out of him when Corypheus makes him attack you.

Mark of the Assassin was almost worse than the main storyline, though.
>>
>>322550991
Fuck, Anders, not Alistair.
>>
>>322549501
>I don't think you can really shit on the Architect or his disciples for what they are trying to do

Oh I applaud the Darkspawn pope for trying to be something more. At the same time 3 blights nearly destroyed the world 3 whole goddamn times.
3 times a literal tide of evil and corruption swept the world and devestated it

I won't shot on what he's trying to do
I will shit on him because it makes no sense to be willing to take the chance that the Spawn will be ushered into a new existence and never bother the surface again

Spawn are just as human as anyone else when uplifted and it's one thing I know about humans we are emotional, idiots, and monsters at times

One small sect of Spawn was able to completely surprise and siege a fortress held by the wardens themselves. Even if you assume that infighting would greatly weaken them. One single sect threaten the whole of Fereldan

Imagine the devesation brought about if one sect that wasn't following the popes philosophy and spends who knows how long underground plotting and planning and growing is unleashed as another blight

This isn't even taking into account the massive hubris and grudge dwarves hold against the Spawn
>>
>>322550815
So instead of writing a bitchy elf-bitch, they scrapped 2 existing characters and made new ones with same names. Makes sense
>>
>>322551174
The fact is you really have only two feasible realities because of how numerous the Darkspawn are and how easy it is for them to propagate. You either continue on ad infinum with what people have been doing for hundreds of years; letting the dwarves kill themselves against the horde until it eventually bubbles over into outbreaks or Blights. Nobody even knows what the Darkspawn will do once they run through all the Old Gods. Or, you can try to change the Darkspawn themselves. At least then you'd have the Darkspawn fighting among themselves (and thus armies with equal potential) or all Darkspawn being "liberated". Sure, Darkspawn could always turn around and attack people in force all on their own - but they're doing that anyways. At least giving individual thought to a drone army would introduce things like self-preservation and reasoning to the mix. The better question is, what does killing the Architect even achieve? All it does is sever one chance at ending the Darkspawn issue without more slaughter.
>>
My biggest problem with Dragon age is now all it's plot is simply an unraveling of the universe's backstory in convoluted way to the point where its not going to surprise anyone if Elves are decedents of ancient aliens

Its just a step away from the force and midichlorians
>>
>>322551093
I played through 2 after Inquisition for the first time and I lost my god damn mind when Anders started giving away his stuff and changed into a black robe. It was so fucking terrible.
Remove Anders.
>>
>>322552124
Yeah, they seem to be moving backwards.

They already revealed that dwarves are descended from Titans, who the Elves murdered.
>>
>>322550532
DA2 was supposed to be a goddamn expansion pack... then EA went full jew and turned it into a standalone game. Thus the result - it has a shit main story and is padded with stupid sidequests.
>>
>>322552478
>They already revealed that dwarves are descended from Titans, who the Elves murdered.
Where's that from?
>>
>>322552656
The Descent told about the Dwarves/Titans and Trespasser told about the Elves killing them.
>>
File: halforc arcanum.png (201 KB, 310x400) Image search: [Google]
halforc arcanum.png
201 KB, 310x400
>>322540659
>Do any other game do choices like DA:O did?

Arcanum does. Has endings similar to Fallout, but even better which isn't surprising since it is made by the same people. Some minor things you do have a very large impact in the ending.

Fallout 1 was originally going to have something like that too, with the Evil side of one of the towns getting the Good Ending and the Good side getting the Bad Ending, before they axed it and switched them back. Damn shame too.
>>
>>322553683
>they axed it and switched them back.
If you fix the nuclear plant, Vault City enslaves everyone there no matter how you resolve it
>>
>>322554001
Thank you for letting me know to kill everyone in Vault city in my first playthrough.
I was considering it when they all seemed like a bunch of fuckheads.
>>
>can make deals with demons in exchange for power and search the fade for free knowledge
>can leave the old warden with his own experiments and get your own lifespan greatly increased on top of new blood magic spells
>lover is a tsundere witch
>son is an archdemon
DAO is surprisingly solid as a keikaku doori magician sim.
>>
>>322552478
So Dwarves are finally just died for hating elves?
>>
>>322554453
>just died
Justified*
>>
Haven't completed Inquisition, had multiple files, none of them felt right, didn't have the desire to finish the game,

But I had one play-through where I responded to most things as a devout Andrastian

By the end of the game is that even feasible?
>>
File: 1185052-emperor.jpg (23 KB, 386x279) Image search: [Google]
1185052-emperor.jpg
23 KB, 386x279
>>322554762
WHAT WOULD THE EMPRAH DO?
>>
>>322554171
Get all the good loot and perks first.
>>
>>322554762
There are 3 or 4 dialogue choices at the end of the game and the 2 I remember are basically
>I don't believe in gods
>There is one God and it ain't you nigga

You get special options depending on what you said they show up as stars
>>
File: constantine2.jpg (206 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
constantine2.jpg
206 KB, 500x375
I started playing my first Bioware game, DA:O, but I had to drop out like four hours in

The dialogue is fucking atrocious. I can't stand listening to it. It sounds like Buffy fanfiction. How did these guys get a reputation for good writing?
>>
>>322555490
>I started playing my first Bioware game, DA:O
Yer a bloody idiot, that's how
>>
>>322538289
why not? it's not as if it matters.
>>
So, what DOES matter in DA:O? From what i figure, most of the everything gets shat on right when DA2 comes along, let alone DA:I
>>
>>322553683
>Fallout 1 was originally going to have something like that too, with the Evil side of one of the towns getting the Good Ending and the Good side getting the Bad Ending, before they axed it and switched them back. Damn shame too.
You're referring to Junktown. Originally, helping Gizmo kill Killian helps the town prosper because of his casino, and the reverse causes the town to eventually die out because business in the wastes want to do shady shit and know Killian is too tough to let them, so no money. They changed that.
>>
Why are twohanders completely fucked over? Dual Wielding just makes Twohanding look retarded
>>
>>322545448
Qunari and Elves are also monsters too, you know. So are humans.
>>
>>322538289
>Caring about Dragon Age

Who cares?
>>
>>322552656
Descent DLC. But foreshadowing in Inquisition
>>322552538
Yeah, DAII was supposed to be Dragon Age Exodus right?
>>
It's a bad idea to let him live.
He just adds another shitty faction to the world that would die out otherwise.
>>
>>322538289
I stopped caring about that series the moment I got to the first city. Can't talk to any npcs, enemies spawn out of nowhere, and combat was ass. Literally cannot force my way through that game.
>>
>>322557470
Lots of people do
>>
>>322556125
Pretty much nothing.

Doesn't matter who fucked morrigan (if at all), doesn't matter who became king/queen, REALLY doesn't matter who you sided with in DA2, doesn't matter if you killed Flemeth, etc.

I can't think of a goddamn thing desu, but it's been a while since I played any of the 3 games.
>>
>>322557982
Ok
>>
>>322538289
yes
if a character lives in a bioware game, there is a 10% chance of that having positive consequences later
if a character dies in a bioware game, there is a 0% chance of that having negative consequences later

a dead character is either dead by default as if you had never interacted with them and have no reason to interact with them in the future, or resurrected because bioware didn't want to write an alternate character to tell "the story they own, not you"
>>
>>322558114
>anything from origins
>mattering
lol
>>
>>322557985
Why? Pretty much everything in the first game that was interesting was either forgotten entirely or ruined by the one of the two shitty sequels.
>>
>>322558263
Nice meme
>>
>>322558263
that's what i said
only 1 in 10 things that you did in the game has a chance of being reflected later

and there's probably not even 50 total choices in origins, so maybe like 5 things are ever referenced
>>
>>322558387
It's not a meme. Literally nothing matters. Fuck they even bring important characters back from the dead if you killed them in the first game i.e. Lelianna.
>>
>>322558693
Yeah, that one was fucked up.
>Oh hurr durr spirits and lyrium in the Temple revived me cause muh time is not yet over
>>
>>322558693
Yet the Orlesian Warden-Commander from Awakening will never get another mention
>>
>>322556306

Two handing is shit tier in DAI

Why,jpg
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.