[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just started playing Witcher 1 and beat the first boss (the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: The Witcher.jpg (207 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
The Witcher.jpg
207 KB, 1600x900
So I just started playing Witcher 1 and beat the first boss (the mage who controlled the freightener monster thing).
Now I'm doing the quest to get the ingredients for Lambert to heal Triss.
Anyways, the combat feels like I'm dancing than fighting.
It's like "a one and two and three, and click! A four and five and six, click again!" Then the finisher.
I don't mind the combat, but I'm wondering how the 2nd and 3rd witcher games compare to the first one.
>>
>>322531223
2 & 3 control like a bad From Software game or Bamham
>>
That's what you get when you try to make an action RPG with the Neverwinter Nights engine.
>>
File: 1372266779494.png (69 KB, 784x772) Image search: [Google]
1372266779494.png
69 KB, 784x772
2 is very actiony and 15yd roll abuse
3 slightly less so with smaller dodges plus roll

i actually kinda like 1's system if only for its novelty and it feels like you're progressing when you learn the next combo move, very witchery too because as you said, more like dancing
wish they'd expanded on that instead of ditching it completely
>>
>>322531487
2 controls like a bad From Software game. 3 has pretty tight combat on par with From Software game.
>>
>>322531748
this

Kinda wish TW3 had the fluidity of TW2 tho
>>
File: 1421309251696.webm (184 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1421309251696.webm
184 KB, 960x540
>>322532916
>TW2
>fluid
>>
>>322533275
yeah

it's snappy, instantaneous, slick, fast

no delay when press WASD etc

completely weightless (in a good way)
>>
>>322532916
Did we play the same games?
>>
Can i skip 2 and play 3? 2's combat is pretty eh
>>
>>322533275
That's not bait though, it's just an empty hook

There is clearly no bait on it
>>
>>322533850
Skip 2&3 and play 1 doing the 3 different paths 3 times over several years. You'll experience/find something different each time and by the time you're done you'll appreciate it so much you'll stop being autistic and chasing the latest AAA game just because.
>>
The dark terrible secret of the Witcher's combat systems is that 1 actually has the best one out of them all. Because it's barely a combat system at all, just Rhythm Heaven with silly sword animations.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.