[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this game so overrated for? What did this game do that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19
Why was this game so overrated for? What did this game do that it maybe might possibly have deserved to be so highly regarded?

I truly want to know what unique/original thing this game innovated to warrant such praise.
>>
>>322515262
the main character is really cool
ellie looks hot
the gameplay is fun

thats really it i guess? dunno man play it on harder difficulties or something like that if you want a challenge its deffintily not the movie game people on youtube are calling it
>>
Its good and released in a time other recently released games were not that good
>>
>>322515683
>the main character is really cool
Nothing unique or original to gaming.

>ellie looks hot
Plenty of female gaming characters do.

>the gameplay is fun
Could be said about tons of other games.

Is this game the GOAT TPS game? Is it the GOAT stealth game? Or do other games do both these categories better?
>>
>>322516194
whats GOAT? game of a ...?
>>
>>322515683
>ellie looks hot
She's 14 you sick fuck
>>
>>322517484
yeah i know
>>
>>322515262
The truth is that the game simply wasn't that great. It was a decent game at best that was full of the most disgusting paid reviews of any game ever.

Because of this and because casuals are easily persuaded by peer pressure and highly rated game reviews, the game will now forever have this perception that it is a lot better than it really is. This is because critics are corrupt hacks and casual gamers (which are most gamers) always like what is liked/popular in the world.
>>
>>322518293
what game is better than? because i really liked Tlou do you know any other games that are like it but better?
>>
>>322517187
I thing it's Greatest Of All Time or something along those lines.
>>
>>322515262
It was mediocre. I don't understand why it got so much praise. Many parts of the game were just plain boring.
>>
>>322517484
But she doesn, though.
>>
>>322515262
Personally it's one of my fav games ever.

Great characters, looks amazing, gameplay is fun, stellar story. Not deserving of all the praise it has as a GOAT game but it's a damn good game anyway.
>>
I thought it was good but nothing great
It has zero replayability and the gameplay is yawn inducing.
>>
>>322518443
>what game is better than?

To name the massive amount of games better than it would take more than a few posts could allow. To put it simply for you, TLOU doesn't even deserve to be in a top 100 games list. Perhaps maybe a top 1000 games but definitely not a top 100 games of all time.
>>
>>322519137
He said any other games that are like it but better? Not here are 100 different genre games autismo
>>
File: 1372622372301.jpg (395 KB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
1372622372301.jpg
395 KB, 720x450
>>322515262
Money talks.
>>
>>322519412
>autismo

How about talk without memes and maybe you wouldn't look like a complete fag?

Anyone that even semi regularly browses this board could name plenty of better TPS games.
>>
>>322520528
just name 5
>>
>>322515262
Because it's good and Ellie was adorable.
>>
>>322520639
Gears of War 3
Socom II
Max Payne
Resident Evil 4
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

All different franchises that are still good to this day and easily shit all over the derivative TLOU.
>>
>>322521457
max payne 1? that game was kinda boring dunno man
resident evil 4? yeah that game was fun but it really lacked a story or characters and the gameplay nowadays really is nothing special anymore

i didnt play the rest on that list but isnt gears of war 3 just like gears of war 1 and 2?
>>
File: 1438125842582.gif (711 KB, 301x302) Image search: [Google]
1438125842582.gif
711 KB, 301x302
let the real discussion begin
joel did _____ wrong
>>
It's a genuinely good game even though it's overrated, the reason it's overrated is because it's accessibly and it has an emotionally driven plot that is easy to relate to that will make most normies shower it with praise.
>>
>>322521682
he really did nothing wrong
fuck the fireflys and all the shit they done to him
>>
>>322521682
>there are people out there who think joel did something wrong
>>
>>322521664
>yeah that game was fun but it really lacked a story or characters

You are baiting hardcore here.
>>
>>322522379
any story that features the daughter of the american president in danger in any non ironic way is retarded and the writer knew so himself the game rarely ever takes itself seriously
yeah sure you will remember the wacky characters but what else is there to them? its mostly just a gameplay based game and the gameplay got overthrown by newer resident evil games
>>
I don't know why you guys are having a hard time figuring out why this is overrated.

It's a fucking movie game that appeals to normies. I liked it and I watched my friend burn through my copy. He was extremely satisfied with with the game and he plays shit like Gears.

>Hollywood style movie backdrop
>Great voice acting that isn't cringe like 90% of games
>Decent to average TPS with decent combat that improves on the Uncharted formula
>Multiplayer

Not hard really
>>
>>322521807
Stop using the word normie. Stop ridiculing people for not being an autistic trainwreck like you. /v/ is the worst board on 4chan, and you're part of the problem.

>normie
>memegame

These are autistic phrases that should result in a permaban if used. If you're one of those fuckers, please off yourself.
>>
>>322521682

He really didn't do anything wrong. I'm not even trying to meme here. Does anyone really believe that the Fireflies would have been competent enough to use the infected portion of Ellie's brain successfully?
>>
>>322523063
fuck off back to whatever website you came from, you are not wanted here and if you insist on staying here then you better get used to the board culture because it's not going to change just for you
>>
>>322523070
i would even go so far to say that ellie wasnt the only kid who was immune to it
i mean why not?
>>
I was really excited to play this game and experience the story, but then the scene in the car happened immediately and I was like "oh wow I bet this is what everyone was talking about" and then I was in a boring and unoriginal zombie apocalypse where people were trading shit for "credits" and I stopped playing.
>>
>>322523379
>board culture
>on /v/

this place is just a giant culture of people throwing around buzzwords and trolls trolling trolls there is nothing to be proud of if you are actually browsing /v/ so stop acting like you only go to the "cool" places the internet has to offer you retarded dipshit
>>
>>322522741
Explain to me why you think TLOU is better than those 5 games I listed.

And no most people say RE4 is superior to the later games in the series. Not every game needs to have a super serious story to be good.
>>
>>322523510
throwing around random buzzwords has been the board culture ever since it became /b/2.0 and if you don't like it you can go back to facebook you fucking normie
>>
>>322522958
Uncharted is actually better though and that's also a sony exclusive. Gears is obviously way better in pretty much every way.

TLOU is truly an overrated shitpile that I can't even praise in anyway. Pretty much it does nothing better. I would argue even The Order is a superior movie game. So TLOU truly is a master of nothing.
>>
>>322523379
>getting upset about someone not liking the term normie

That is easily one of the cringiest terms used on this site, you do realize this is an anonymous image board right? It was made so that anybody can post here and you trying to make it your own little safe bubble is ridiculous and pathetic. Get off the Internet and get a life you loser
>>
>>322523570
i really like the style of TLOU and again the main character is just that good both the soundtrack and the art direction together with all the places you visit in this game are truly unique and just all around good

other than that the gameplay on survivor difficulty gives you some of the most tense seconds of stealth you will ever have of course the AI in this game is a little bad but it works fine for what it is
the meele weapons in this game feel powerful and fun to use and there was just so much to do like "will i use the things i have to make a knife or a bomb?" shit like that and you would always constantly have those moments its just a great game
if you have a different opinion about it thats fine but most people that batantly call it a movie game even tough most cutscenes that happen are barely 2-3 minutes long and the longest cutscene in this game is 7 minutes or so long
i just dont get it
>>
>>322523897
hi normie, enjoy your stay
>>
>>322523692
no whenever i wanna talk about videogames i talk with my friends about them

tough when i want to laugh or just see people be a bunch of idiots i go to /v/

just so that you got that right
>>
>>322524032
I've been here longer than you you underage faggot, I just know the difference between being an anonymous poster and being a friendless loser
>>
It isn't GOAT anything, but it gets dismissed by some people as a movie game or whatever...

The plot is actually a fairly big part of the game, and it's well executed enough that it does make the game stand out. But the gameplay is also good.

It isn't mind blowing innovative or anything, but it's like stealth/horror more than action and you can easily get fucked up by a random enemy.

You need to craft items and carefully approach each encounter. It is a linear game, but with open ended environments.

It's not a third person shooter at all.

Also, Ellie is an actual smart AI companion that will help you out. Some of the stuff she does is really impressive from a technical stand-point, and she shits all over Elizabeth from BioShock Infinite (who was touted as this super advanced AI that took sooo much effort, in a game that came out just a few months before TLOU).
>>
I really loved TLoU. The worst thing about it is that theres -5/10 replay ability
It was a good story played by good characters with a "eh good enough" gameplay to get me through one playthrough.
Maybe the fact I was raised by a single mom factors in somewhere that clouds all this reason for hate around it for me.
>>
>>322524216
i've been here all year faggot, also I'm sure you are just a social butterfly since you seem to be so mad about someone buzzwording at you on a chinese cartoon board
>>
>>322524460
>all year
:^)
>>
File: 1450154307858.gif (2 MB, 403x234) Image search: [Google]
1450154307858.gif
2 MB, 403x234
>>322524460
>>
File: 1443628194851.gif (529 KB, 350x180) Image search: [Google]
1443628194851.gif
529 KB, 350x180
>>322524278
>mfw those ellie stealth kills
>>
>>322524460
>I've been here all year
>>
>>322523990
>other than that the gameplay on survivor difficulty gives you some of the most tense seconds of stealth you will ever have

You ever play Chaos Theory, Theif 2? Superior stealth games in every single way.

You just like bad games anon. It's okay to like bad games but the game is just very overrated dude. As I already said, it pretty much excels at nothing in actuality. It's a decent at best game but then again I would argue most TPS are decent these days. It isn't exactly hard to get shooting down right in a game now. This is something the industry has been mastering for at least 10 years now due to the rise of shooters in popularity over these years.

I'm pretty sure the reason they call it a movie game is because the games style emulates movies. This goes for the dialogue, acting and even perhaps the way the story is told. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. It really just depends on the game.

/v/ has no legs to stand on calling this a movie game when one of the highest praised series on /v/ is truly a movie series with cutscenes going over an hour as it's worst offense.
>>
>>322525303
>post
>>
>>322515262
it probably has the best ending to any game I've played, with that said I don't remember anything but the intro, Joel getting rekt and exploiting the AI and that I found MP to be way, way more enjoyable than the ok campaign
>>
>>322525478
>>322525521
>game
>>
>>322523063
Agree, he should use casual, TLoU is a pure casual game that can only be considered great by casuals, is much less than other games and casuals like it because of how simple, easy and "cinematic" it is.
>>
>>322525641
has more gameplay than PST which /v/ reveres
>>
>>322515262
AAA Undertale
>>
The multiplayer was/(maybe still is) god tier
>>
>>322515262
It was marketed as such, that's literally it. Nothing about the game is ubique or innovative or even that well exececuted.
>>
It told a slightly better than average story with better than average characterization by videogame standards. That's about it. Gameplay's a less crazy Uncharted with sprinkles of Resident Evil so I guess it does just enough to float there as well, so it's a story game that actually had some gameplay. I guess that's a pretty good mix for whatever the vidya equivalent of Oscar bait is.
>>
>>322526234
>console shooter
>god tier
>>
>>322526423
I stand corrected God tier FOR a console game
>>
Shills.
>>
File: 1438553260382.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1438553260382.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>322515262
>What did this game do that it maybe might possibly have deserved to be so highly regarded?

Marketing.
Don't get me wrong, the game pushes the PS3 like no other game has done and I recommend everyone to give it a play without hesitation, but it's just a decent-to-very good game that feels a lot like an adventure journey.

It suffers a lot from the worst case of artificial feels I have ever seen, retarded AI, over-simplification of things and it's disguised as a "you can play the way you want!" while it's far from that.

It certainly is not the 11/10 the media claims it to be and the people who thinks so is the same that thinks Bioshock Infinite is a masterpiece.
>>
File: genres.png (1 MB, 1491x1247) Image search: [Google]
genres.png
1 MB, 1491x1247
>>322515262
Came along at the right time to basically cash in on the ebin 'zombies/infected' craze, except people feel better about liking it because it tries to be at the high brow end of things.
>>
In terms of gameplay mechanics, sure it was about on par with a lot of other games out there. In terms of characters, story, setting, and feels there isn't anything close to it. The first tutorial segment has more emotional impact than any game I've played. Because it's effect is human and not outlandish.
>>
>>322516194
For a videogame it had a pretty good story + it had nice graphics.
The gameplay is absolutely generic though.
>>
Because it's a great game and you are just buttmad that a Sony game is the most awarded game in history.
>>
>>322527584
Zombie is not a genre, it's a creature that is usually an enemy.
Generic fantasy is not a genre, fantasy is, "generic fantasy" is not. What makes fantasy generic is the overall setting and usage of tropes affiliated with that setting.
Modern shooter is a not a genre, it's a setting that is usually affiliated with plethora of usual gameplay mechanics, though not necessarily.
>>
File: thelastofusremastered31jt1.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thelastofusremastered31jt1.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
It was all around solid experience that excelled in characters/character development, storytelling (Not talking about the cliche muh zombie cure backstory), and emotionally hooking the player.

The gameplay definitely isn't anything special, but it's not bad either. Graphics are great, art/environment design is top tier, and the music is phenomenal.

Basically the game is so great not because of the gameplay itself but because of what the game portrays via it's characters and storytelling

Plus the Multiplayer is surprisingly really fucking great.
>>
>>322515683
>the gameplay is fun

How many games did you play last years? And no, AAA trash doesn't count.
>>
>>322528668
found the vegan
>>
>>322525231
Ellie was a beast. I loved playing as her.
>>
Solid gameplay, pretty environments, good A.I., nice story. Probably still somewhere in my top five games.
>>
>>322529374
>character development
>art
>music

This exactly.

I would also add that while the gameplay is nothing special, it looks and feels extremely violent. Not comically bloody, but realistically so. This is top 5 all time if not GOAT up to this point.
>>
its a sony exclusive and /v/ declared it has shitty gameplay while they praise games with even shittier gameplay.
also awards suddenly matter or do not according to /v/ bias
>>
>>322527584
>emphasis on realism
>regenerating health

Just literally fuck my shit up senpai.
>>
>>322529560
dunno man i dont count them but probably alot
what would you count in as AAA trash tough? games that iam playing right now are Dying Light,Wolfenstein new order and witcher 3
>>
>>322527584
the best game of 2015 was a zombie game though
>>
File: 1420973289082.png (34 KB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
1420973289082.png
34 KB, 196x197
name a Naughty Dog game that is not just okay and brutally overrated, you can't
>>
File: thelastofusremasteredn7pd4.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thelastofusremasteredn7pd4.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1080
>>322530128
>it looks and feels extremely violent.

Yeah it's great imo. I still sometimes load up a chapter or 2 just to fuck people up. The combat is extremely satisfyingly brutal.
>>
>>322530696
specially with the meele weapons it just feels so good to shit hunters up
>>
File: jonozak.resize_340x.jpg (17 KB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
jonozak.resize_340x.jpg
17 KB, 340x191
>mfw Left Behind
>>
>>322530128
I think it shines with the handling of the melee. Boards and pipes don't last long, but they really emphasize the feeling of impact and how people react to the environment they're being thrown into. .
>>
File: lookathisdespair.jpg (23 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
lookathisdespair.jpg
23 KB, 480x600
>>322530128
>This is top 5 all time
>>
Subtle Pedophilia promotion.
>>
>>322521912
>>322523070
I think where the Fireflies truly screwed up is that they jumped right to performing the operation.

If they had just talked it out Ellie probably would have agreed to it, and Joel might not have gone into a bloodrage.
>>
>>322530694
CTR?
>>
>>322531198
Only a pedophile would look at it that way
>>
>>322521457
>gow3
>socom II

Kill yourself.
>>
>>322515262
>What did this game do that it maybe might possibly have deserved to be so highly regarded?

To be basically a TV show. But in all fairness, it tells its story as a pretty competent "TV show". And as it's still a videogame it allowed thing wouldn't be possible with a network budget, like giraffes.
>>
How did this make you feel?
>>
>>322521682
Elle was his chance at peace. He got what he needed. She lived. Would you do anything different after 20 years of doing evil despite being a good guy? She was his redemption.

That being said I hope neither are in the sequel and it's about a new pair.
>>
>>322530128
>music

There are a lot of things TLoU did right.
Music is not one of them, it's the most generic of its components.
>>
>>322532262
under age, not unattractive interracial lesbians are catering to creepers while pretending to pander to sjws

it's genius really, imagine the soaked sheets and color contrast while scissoring
>>
>>322533476
i like the music and dont think its generic
generic means the norm
i dont know any other games with a soundtrack like the last of us
>>
>>322533476
>soundtrack by Gustavo Santaolalla
>2-time Academy Award winner
>generic
>>
>>322515262
Mainly cause it's naughty dog who, for whatever reason after they made uncharted, are treated as if they're perfect. Like uncharted 1 and 2 are nice but not that great.
>>
File: 1437266668142.jpg (8 KB, 186x214) Image search: [Google]
1437266668142.jpg
8 KB, 186x214
>>322515262
I understand why Uncharted gets called a movie, but that makes zero sense for this. It's as much of a movie as GoW is. It also had some of the best multiplayer on PS3.
>>
People will say I'm wrong and paranoid but it's marketing. People are told it's the greatest game ever by review sites and their favorite let's players so they say it too, even if they never played it.
>>
>>322534331
Pople will say I'm wrong and paranoid but it's marketing. People are told it's a movie game by Idiots on the youtube comment section, Some idiots on 4chan and My favorite youtubers so they say it too, even if they never played it.
>>
>>322534684
Did I say it's a movie game? No. It's just nothing special.
>>
File: IMG_0182.png (203 KB, 500x523) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0182.png
203 KB, 500x523
>>322532953
Nothing special. The regret feel I was feeling for playing such a bad DLC came at the part where they play the imaginary fighting game.
>>
>>322534950
so? are you the first one out there to call it nothing special? is it not so special like final fantasy 7 or ocarina of time? 2 games so overrated that they actually became underrated again? /v/ has this problem that its rarely ever about the game but mostly about what other people think about it
i know its a site filled with people that want attention in some way because they rarely ever get some in real life but how about actually just discussing the game itself? not the goty awards and not what other people think about it just clear on discussion about a game
i know thats impossible on /v/ but damn i would love to see just one thread discussing a game without all of the shit surrounding it online
>>
>>322532446
>those games
>not superior

Kill yourself fag.
>>
>>322515262

God-tier multiplayer
>>
File: horrifying.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
horrifying.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>322523070
he traded what he believed to be a chance of saving all humanity, forever, to play daddy for a couple of years.
>b-but the odds were low
infact, the developers say, there is no cure. its impossible. what we are talking about is what JOEL believes, and the moral decision he made.
the fireflies appearing incompetent, the odds being low, the difficulty ( like it could ever be too difficult to save billions of lives ) are completely irrelevant.

he traded the lives and futures of million and millions of fathers and daughters, for his own. pic related, joel when he realized what might happen if the operation was succesful
>>
>>322515262
It was a very good, if not fantastic game.

It is overrated however, especially storyfags who claim that it has one of the best stories in vidya ever. While that's not that far off, since the writing, characterization, character development, and acting is fantastic, it really doesn't do much with the medium at all. The story is told primarily through cutscenes, as well as a few scripted segments and the forced walking bits. In that regard, it doesn't really do much that any other Western AAA game did. For a game where every video game publication were screaming, "GREATEST VIDEO GAME NARRATIVE EVER!" I'd say that it didn't do enough playing with the medium or even having a solid enough narrative for it to deserve such praise.

I still liked it and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't actually kind of love it my first playthrough. I've yet to play it again.

Also gameplay-wise, I'd say it were about an 8. Better than some people give it credit for, but my primary concern were the lack of enemy types. Like 5 throughout the whole game. What the hell is that? You can't make a game that's part action with such low enemy variety.

The atmosphere and art direction were kinda breathtaking though.

Definitely better than the Uncharted series at least. Much mechanically deeper, with more to the game.
>>
>>322536037
humanity can rebuild itself and will do so with or without the cure
there arent that many infected around anymore
the cure would only speed up the process by a large margin but at the end joel just did what seemed the right thing to do for him and ellie
he was acting selfish but the fireflies even pushed him to his limits either way
>>
>>322515262
I'm playing through it for the first time right now and it's definitely worthy of the praise it gets.

>well written characters, story, dialogue
>gameplay is so well refined
>the animations are fantastic
>music and atmosphere complement each other perfectly

There really isn't one thing bad I can say about it.

btw are the Uncharted games anywhere near this well done?
>>
>>322530541
The sad thing is how true that is though.

>look at our modern day setting!
>look at our shootan gameplay!
>two-weapon limit, guys! that shit's realistic as fuck, isn't it?
>see how fast you die? in mere seconds, better not get shot bro
>look how these cars blow up when they get shot at JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE
>cover JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE
>regenerating health

Fucking seriously?
>>
>>322536393
i like how after you gave three reasons it was okay for joel to be selfish, you just come right out and say it.

yeah, he did. he traded everything and everyone just so he could feel good. good thing the tapes indicated there might be more immumes to test on ( the 12 others mentioned on one of the tapes ). if he could find a person who was worth less then, oh, everything, ever, no biggie, they could come back an-well, those players who killed the doctors, whooooops.

>>322536825
in real life you cant kill the 300 odd people he did without getting killed first along the way
>>
>>322536674
uncharted 2 deffinitly
1 and 3 werent that good
1 is pretty much the starts of it and naughty dog looking at what they can do
and 3 was done by their b-team i think

just go with the nathan drake collection and see for yourself
>>
>>322536674
>btw are the Uncharted games anywhere near this well done?
They are more cartoony and focus more on fancy set pieces rather than engaging environments and storytelling, but they are okay I guess
>>
>>322537019
also with ellie being immune many other kids will be immune too at some point
>>
File: Izt1Xlb.jpg (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Izt1Xlb.jpg
602 KB, 1280x720
Best game for multiplayer on PS4 tBh.
>>
File: hey.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
hey.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
>>322537197
right, better just wait around and hope they just randomly find another kid, instead of, you know, saving everyone NOW.
>come on bro, shes the answer, she could kill hitler and jump start the end of the way
>ooooh but its tooo much effffooort and its kinddda unlikely and ya know someone elllllse could do it and the worlds alllllready fucked, what good would it do, im just gonna lay on this couch and 420 eryday with her lel
>>
>>322538018
you know maybe you are right but do you see joel care? right now he is chillin with tommie and his wife watching dvds and having fun
>>
>>322515262
The story and characters weren't as spectacular as they're often described imo. I feel like that was the selling point of the game, and since I only thought it was OK, the game as a whole just felt mediocre. I'm not a huge fan of walking/ladder moving/pallet swimmin/more walking simulators
>>
The Road > This shit

Naughty Dog devs
>Guys I just saw The Road! Let's make a video game that rips it off and adds pointless shooting galleries and platforming sections!!!!!
>>
>>322515262
What, you haven't realized gaming is still mostly a commercial venture and that mainstream gaming media will eat up anything big budget?
>>
>>322538287
nope. i see someone backtracking from he made the right decision to "w-wwell it dosent even matter". thank you, come again.
>>
>>322538454
The world in The Road is way more far gone than TLAU is t b h.
>>
>>322536674
My opinion:
>Story & Characters
Alright. Predictable outcomes, not all that interesting to me
>Dialogue
Well done
>Gameplay
The combat is great. The rest (walking endlessly and gimmicky puzzles) was annoying as hell. I felt like more time was spent doing the latter.
>Music/Atmosphere
Pretty good.

Overall I didn't hate it, but it wasn't anything spectacular
>>
>>322538683
from joels point of view he made the right decision
from humanities point of view no he didnt
but humanity doesnt need ellie to live on
>>
>>322539496
in his mind his decision was "save everyone" or "fuck everything over for my own personal gain".
>but humanity doesnt need ellie to live on
at what part did you forgot the developers confirmed there is no cure and never will be.
>>
>>322539781
yeah so? humanity will still live on no matter what even if there is no cure also people grow immune to deseases after too many humans die from it all the time
>>
>>322515262
IMHO the kicker was the father daughter relationship. Most "gamers" are old enough now to be in their late teens / twenties. That's about when nature takes over and you start thinking about kids and going full on parental mode. (Yeah my wording is rough, but gets the point across)

This seems to be a pattern in recent AAA games. TW3 & Bioshock Infinite to name a few. All are highly regarded, gives you more interest and what seems like a personal stake in the story.

And i'm not saying that this is a bad trend, quite the opposite. Love me some feels.
>>
>>322540240
father daughter relationships in games are a fucking meme ever since TWD's 'MUH FEELS' fest
>>
>>322540206
absolutely, infact, its the only way its possible

anyways, back to the actual subject, is joel a monster: yes, as you agreed up here
>>322536393
>>
>>322540419
That's just my point though, and literally every time it works. At least on me. I have no interest in having kids in real life, at least at this point in time. And yet, every time i play one of these fucking games i go full on gotta protect the daughteru mode.
>>
>>322536096
>I've yet to play it again.
I'm currently replaying it. I loved it my first run but it's not as fun playing again. And I remember it being glitchy in the beginning and it still is. But still pretty good
>>
>>322540692
I'm afraid of the game not holding up on a second playthrough.

In addition to the enemy variety, I felt like the game was constantly just getting you to the next stealth or gun fight sequence. Kinda felt like there was all to the game at some points. Literally just, "Go through this linear hallway, kill this group of zombies with stealth, kill these group of humans with either stealth or straight up just shooting them, repeat ad-nauseum."

Obviously I liked it in the end but it got kinda repetitive.
>>
>>322532074
Absolutely overrated by people who only had a ps1 and never played Mario kart when they were younger so they're deluded into thinking its even halfway decent
>>
>>322541465
If you wait a few months before your 2nd playthrough you'll forget some things and it'll be somewhat fresh. That's what i did, and it wasn't boring or repetitive.
>>
>>322541465
The stealth against humans seems fine but trying to go for combat against the infected is impossible. You need some sort of weapon that you can use quick to kill those things and sometimes when I start the game up again the weapons I used to kill enemies after I reached the checkpoint are gone when replaying the area
>>
>>322537703
Too true, the only complaint one could have is that the skill floor is very high, so it's quite hard to get into it if you're a beginner since the regulars have been playing since launch (or, in my case, since the PStriple), and the only thing that could remedy that would be a big sale/it being offered as a PS+ title.
Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.