[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you still angry /v/ BECAUSE I STILL AM EVERYTHING ABOUT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12
Are you still angry /v/

BECAUSE I STILL AM
EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PIECE OF SHIT MAKES ME MAD

>Anons thought they'd quit vidya forever once this'd come out
>2 years of endless hype for this
>People refrained from dying waiting for this
>People thought this would literally be the best game ever

Metal Gear Solid: The aborted pain hate thread
>>
>>322459759
>People thought this would literally be the best game ever
Anyone who thought that deserves to get burned.
>>
File: 1380904315574.jpg (204 KB, 892x576) Image search: [Google]
1380904315574.jpg
204 KB, 892x576
>>322459759
>>Anons thought they'd quit vidya forever once this'd come out
They brought this on themselves.
>>
>>322459759
If you go into any game expecting it to be the best ever it WILL disappoint you and you WILL deserve to be disappointed
>>
>went into MGSV with zero expectations
>think it's one of the best games ever
>get to chapter 2
>>
>>322459759
I really liked the game but let´s be honest.

Is unfinished and it had the potential to be much more.

Is probably GOTY but it should been the best game ever, or game of the generation. Is dissapointing but because we expected a game above the rest of the games.

The worst part? Is our fault. We buy rushed and shitty games, we buy from EA, we tolerate shitty bullshots and marketing practices, and releasing a rushed game is a so trending practice that we choose to let Konami do whatever they wanted to their product. Why would they be an exception? If we forgive AC,COD, and other big names, how not MGS?

This is the standard by now. If MGS did it, everybody can do it, and will do it even worse because MGS is the top notch for a lot of companies.

The true shitty era begins now.The strongest of the strongests has fallen. Hold on your old classics, rereleases, remakes and indies, because it doesn´t get better than this.

Videogames will never ever recover from this, period. Not even the best game ever is worth it now after this point. They sent us to hell, but they will dig deeper. This is how it ends, with a wimp, not a bang.

And this is what we chose.
>>
>most everyone falls in love with the game instantly when they start playing it
>then they play the game 10+ hours
>then they get bored or flat-out hate it

I've seen this from people online and even friends who don't even care about the story. How does a game manage to do this?
>>
>>322461517
I always try to tell everyone that proper self-control is one of the most important things in life. If you don't practice it, your lack of it will destroy everything you enjoy in time.
>>
I quite liked it. Bummed about the cut ending, but the actual game was very fun.
>>
File: #feelings.gif (1 MB, 245x142) Image search: [Google]
#feelings.gif
1 MB, 245x142
>>322459759
>>People refrained from dying waiting for this

this was me. now im gonna do it a week after my birthday next month unless things start looking up for me. last 8 years since i left the army have been shit so i doubt it.

it was a pleasure posting with you all.
>>
>>322461839
Why not rejoin the army? You'll probably die out there anyway.
>>
>>322461664
Not enough variety in the map.
>>
>>322461861
You realize not everyone in the army is infantry right?
>>
>>322461954
What's stopping you?
>>
File: 0 days.....jpg (269 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
0 days.....jpg
269 KB, 2000x2000
>>322461861
>Why not rejoin the army?

i hated it. i worked in a morgue and it just made me more depressed.
>>
>>322461708
Yeah, and videogames are everything about depriving your self control. They are an addicting hobby and responds to our most easy to stimulate characteristics so we can feel a easy and fast release after completing a virtual task. That extends to the real life and we tend to overexcite and hype things. So we buy new games to stimulate ourselves, and are stimulated for the games to buy more. Is a vicious cycle.
>>
>>322461989
Not him but my mos has job prospects in the civilian world. Plus every infantryman I talk to hates it
>>
>>322459759
for me the series ended with 2 but got extended with 4. after that the quality went downhill.
>>
>>322462124
Then, like I said, become a soldier. Go out and get shot by an arab, it's a more interesting way than taking some old pills in your dusty apartment.
>>
>>322462152
>They are an addicting hobby
they used to be.
>>
>>322462152
I know. It really is no surprise that /v/, and many people on it, are such a mess.
>>
>>322460253
Best game in a long time. A lot of games these days are shit with few exceptions.
>>
I honestly cannot feel excitement for any game trailer or announcement now thanks to TPP, and I didn't even hype it as much as other people on here did.

It was such a let down on pretty much all fronts that nothing really could have saved what it was relseased as
>>
>>322461517
It's kojishit fault. The guy blew the budget and kept delaying the game like a retard.

KONAMI just put a stop to his retardness. Now let see what he can do with Sony.

The guy is clearly incompetent and infatuated.
>>
File: kike potatoes.png (901 KB, 910x601) Image search: [Google]
kike potatoes.png
901 KB, 910x601
>>322462235
dont wanna die for no kikes
>>
File: 1422118233702.jpg (23 KB, 277x230) Image search: [Google]
1422118233702.jpg
23 KB, 277x230
>tfw haven't play a game after this
>>
>>322462346
>literally talking out the ass like I know how game development works
>>
It was good, you retards just expected the second coming of christ.

Accept what's there not what isn't. Accept that it was never the game the trailers made it out to be, it was all deliberate lies, just like MGS2.

Forget about MGS5, accept MGSV.
>>
>>322462935
This is legitimately the most autistic /v/ has ever gotten over a game
>>
>>322462935
>Its good, so eat your shit
>>
>>322459759
I swore to kill myself if this game didn't meet my expectations.

I couldn't pull the trigger. I still look at the pistol every day and wonder if I should have.
>>
>>322460253
Back to reddit/b/tumblr
>>
it was alright, we just expected much more out of kojimble
>>
As soon as i saw reflex mode and bloody screens, i knew this would be a game for rushing CoD babbies.

Game faults me for taking too long, but when you rush missiond with d-walker, you a or s rank them easily. Fuck that game.
>>
>>322460253
I thought it was going to be deep like the trailers showed. Shame on me for believing trailers right?
>>
>>322463395
At least you can turn Reflex mode off. Bloody screen so real is fucking stupid and makes the game ridiculously easy.
>>
>>322463465
It wasn't just the trailers. Kojima's words were also alluding to it as well.

Then all we got is a shitty story, deaf tone and dull gameplay that pads out.

But fans will make half assed headcannons to excuse it.
>>
>>322462683
I did funeral details almost every month for about two years while I was in the Marines.
Shit sucks man.
Fight for freedom here man.
Take your friends shooting and stockpile guns.
Start a militia.
It's fun as fuck to be paranoid.
>>
>>322461260
BLAGANA

I think personally, the parasite explanation is retarded. Nanomachines shouldnt have a "precursor" to them, you should've let them be built by humans or robots.

And the absence of proper boss fights sucked. Salehantropus was boring, i dont know why people like bullet or rocket sponges, they should've given the option to climb it or give it a certain weak spot.
>>
>tfw your copy is still sealed

I can't do it /v/, I don't want MGS to be over
>>
>>322459759
Is it necessary to play the others? I really want to play this one but if I'm not goin g to get what the fuck is going on then I don't think I want to.
>>
>>322463661
Well it still feels like the easiest metal gear yet. Controls got faster, even compared to Ground Zeros. What the fuck? Metal Gear on Coke, thats what it is. Fits the 80s theme. I bet Venom puts coka leaves in his phantom cigar.
>>
>>322463939
its not over, there already making another one. and it most likely be shit like mgsv
>>
>>322459759
Konami is the true definition of evil. Ignoring all the fans and their dedication, simply to release it early and save money
>>
File: 1420999224644.jpg (38 KB, 403x409) Image search: [Google]
1420999224644.jpg
38 KB, 403x409
>daily this might be the best game ever made threads
>>
>>322463978
Of course it is faggot

You play the first then the second then the third

And then you see what a big pile of vile shit V is and cry that MGS ended like that
>>
>>322462152
They arent that addicting. I get mad much more today at new games, then put something older in that i play everyday (skate, gran turismo etc) to ease off and relax.
>>
>>322462935
even by itself the game is repetitive and unfinished, if it wasn't mgs it never would've recieved the attention it did
>>
>>322461664
REPETITON

Chapter 2 is shit and sucks ass. Full of plotholes and stupid writing. As if they try to mimic old b-action movies from that era.
>>
>>322462297
>Best game in a long time. A lot of games these days are shit with few exceptions.
Sure. Shit stealth and absolutely awful structure.
10/10 GOTY
The guy cut off the prologue and sold it back to us for 30$ and even after multiple delays and budget increases, the game was still unfinished.

Fuck this noise and fuck you if you bought it OR GZ at release.
>>
File: 1448262538316.gif (319 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448262538316.gif
319 KB, 250x250
>Huey gets tortured by his formor comrades
>A bleak scene in the trailers to show how corrupted Kaz and Ocelot are, possibly Big Boss
>Huey was portrayed as an asshole from the start and its almost a bit comedic

>SkullFace rapes women and children in a camp x-ray type environment in a game where Race and taboo is a theme. In a pretty graphic way despite lack of visuals.
>Then he becomes a silly cartoon villain in the actual game. None of the camp x-ray stuff is even brought up ever again.

>Big Boss has a devil horn, red right hand and a long belt to look like a devil's tail. Also resembles an oger which are known to eat the souls of children
>Venom is not even BB, deactivates nuclear bombs, stops a virus, saves animals and children

>In a game to center around taboos while also taking place in Afirca and Afganistan, 2 of the most misogynistic places on earth. Theres a half nude(going to be nude) female sniper
>Just for fanservice, nothing of it is brought up about women in 3rd world countries. Only that she gets attempted raped once near the end. Nothing else.
>>
>>322461664
Think of your favorite dish.
Now imagine having that every day and night with no variation.
Congratulations. You have just experienced MGS5
>>
>>322462287
No, i'm a mess because i still am fat, my father always used beat me for the most unimportant shit, thus afraid of any kind of conflict, i rather hide and ignore
I never kissed a girl and had sex with one
I never hit someone in the face.

Vidya was the only thing letting me escape my constant self destructive thoughts. If there is a reason that i still can consider myself sane or alive, its vidya for 15 years now.
>>
>>322462157
Being an infantryman is a love hate telationship. You do some of the most asinine bullshit but at the same time you get to do some of the most badass shit. When you leave you will definitely miss it as long as you weren't a shitbag
>>
File: 1444207803064.webm (451 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1444207803064.webm
451 KB, 480x480
>>322459759

>2 years of endless hype for this

Hey man! I think I found your problem. I only started to get hyped for this game a month before release and it's my GOTY. :^)

Seriously, stop fucking overhyping vidya you piece of shits, you bring this on yourself by doing it.
>>
COPULATE
>>
>>322464826
>i still am fat
Self-control.
>>
I didn't even want the greatest game of all time. I just wanted a new MGS game and they fucked that up.
>>
>>322459759
>people blame the game for a weak story
>they said its peace walker 2.0 from the beginning
>Went intro the game expecting it to be peace walker 2.0
>end up spending 150 hours before i reached the final mission
I get why people are angry about the ending but i also see why they choose it, the massage behind it was a farewell. We could argue about cut content and more but at the end the game had such a organic feeling that i can't think of another game like it.
I went intro the game not caring about the story and it wasn't that bad as many people make it seem like. I remember things like that final Paz scene and when i argue with people about this scene most of them never saw it. The tapes do their job in giving you more information and when you 100% every mission most of the objectives tell you future story events long before they are happening.
When the E3 trailer last year rolled it said to myself i would stop playing vidya like i do but now i hope MGSV is in terms of pure Gameplay an inspiration for others do reach that kind of organic feeling. MGSV opened my eyes and i think i can now get Kojima's vision to take the medium vidya out of its comfort zone and i want so see other trying to take on that vision.
>>
am i the only one who liked the gamge and tought it was one of the better mgs games?
>>
>>322463070
You havent been here around skyrim it seems, newfriend
>>
>>322463145
Do it.
>>
File: 7678.png (159 KB, 313x319) Image search: [Google]
7678.png
159 KB, 313x319
>>322463070
>tfw seeing people want to spent more money on DLC because Kojima is an exception
>>
File: assassins creed.jpg (51 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
assassins creed.jpg
51 KB, 612x380
>>322465412
>>
MALE TO FEMALE
ASS TO MOUTH
>>
>>322464923
I cant anon, i lost hope. Not even in my skills to be able to do it, but for whom should i do it.

Nobody gives a fuck about me now, no one will when i lost it.
>>
>>322465727
Wait, did the guy file this for patent or something?
>>
>literally everything in all marketing materials, gameplay demos and trailers (barring one 4 second long shot) is in the game
>disappointment

If you're disappointed, it's because of your own ridiculous expectations.
>>
>>322466239
Or the content was shit could be a factor
>>
>>322466372
I knew exactly what I was getting from the literally three hours of gameplay footage they released.
>>
>>322466239
>literally everything in all marketing materials, gameplay demos and trailers (barring one 4 second long shot) is in the game
yeah and nothing more
it's great when you get the whole game in trailers before even touching the thing
>>
>>322466548
So you knew you were getting in shit. Good for you I guess
>>
Most of you cunts probably didn't even play the game
>>
I was actually rather surprised how many people got suckered into the hype train after the mess that was MGS4. Ground Zeroes had a lot to do with it. That pay-to-play demo was actually a fantastic marketing technique that will unfortunately be copied by other developers I imagine.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.