[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this shit as bad as you guys made it out to be? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
Was this shit as bad as you guys made it out to be? I'm playing it now and it doesn't seem all that bad.
>>
It's alright
>>
modern bioware games are nowhere near as bad as /v/ likes to pretend they are.
>>
Takes a good 20 hours to really get anywhere but if you're a fan of fleshed out RPG's you'll like it. Some dialogue sucks and menus feel clunky/hammy but the story is great.
>>
easily getting overleveled killed it for me.
these games always do that but inquisition brought it to a next level. never did i have a feel of accidently overleveling myself before.
they designed that huge ass areas and made them look important but had them in the game just for blant side questing. you basicly get punished for not skipping big parts of the game. it definitely shows that somewhere in production they went from something MMO-ish to singleplayer RPG.
but no its not THAT bad. its not really good either though. while it has some cheesy SJW stuff though i really liked that this time all the characters arent just default bi sexuals. also gay dude is actually pretty good written.
story is okay but not great, loses track between innerpolitical conflicts and world threatening superior villain. combat is flashy but dull. very pretty in general. the tactical mode is a joke.
>>
>>322438885
its alright, but gets boring after 30 hours or so.
>>
>>322440640
>fleshed out
nigga, 90% of this game is farming power to get to the next main mission. The ending was shit and the dlc was rushed.
>>
>>322438885
It's alright.

It's not incredible, but it's not offensively bad either.

7/10 it's okay.

If you pirate it or get it on sale, it's probably more than worth the price.
>>
i really hated myself in this game. everyone wanted to suck my dick and i was pretty much perfect. no personality at all. basicly youre just a commander shepard in fantasy setting but without specific character trades. it really shows why voicing the protag is usually a bad thing if its not a defined character like geralt shepard or even hawke.
>>
File: 231414141414.jpg (85 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
231414141414.jpg
85 KB, 960x540
>>322438885
It's an absolute grindfest. Brainless grinding that makes you feel like you're playing a mediocre MMORPG (with gud graphics)... by yourself. Then there's just fanfiction tier writing to slog through since they had to make so much of it.
>>
My only complaint was that they removed the one thing DA2 did better than DAO: companion AI configurations.

Nearly all of the companions were great or energized well with each other, but having to pause every move to set up a combo was annoying.
>>
>>322438885
Its shit.

Try making an attractive female qunari character. Also most of the "content" is just gay grinding fetch quest mmo tier shit to unlock the next real story quest.
>>
File: DragonBallSuper-Episode5-14.jpg (160 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DragonBallSuper-Episode5-14.jpg
160 KB, 1280x720
it was ok but:

>open world with bloated fetch quest/kill x quest
>bioware QUALITY animation (biowarestill refuse to use mocap even with frostbite engine)
>30fps cutscenes
>Clipping armors, clipping hairs, greasy hairstyle
>horrible console-like inventory
>>
No I think everyone hates it because of how ugly that one elf was and
>WAAAH IT REMINDS ME OF AN MMO
>>
Limiting your character to only being able to use 8 skills at any one time sucks ass.

DA:O at least let you use non-hot keyed skills by bring up the tactical menu/ wheel/ whatever

I also miss being able to use willpower instead of strength for armor checks.

I love me some heavily armored mage
>>
I really have mixed feelings about this game. The overall plot is rubbish, and the open world is just a collection of fetch quests. Combat is probably the best the series has ever been though, and the fact that there are 4 playable races is really nice. It has the two worst companions of any BioWare game (Sera and Viv), but then all the other companions are pretty bro.

Basically for every positive about the game there's a negative. It's rare you get a game that's so evenly balanced between good and bad, but that's the only way I can think to describe DA:I.
>>
>>322443263
inventory was horrible even for console standards. dont know when bioware learns that scrolling through a stupid catalog of item names is a bad concept for inventory management
>>
>>322443498
>Combat is probably the best the series has ever been though
Are you kidding?

DA:O had the best combat.
>>
I liked it actually.

DAO > DAI > DA2
>>
It's the most fucking tepid game imaginable.
>>
>>322443409
because it is a grind fest mmo.

why do you keep defending this shit game? drone.
>>
>>322438885
Yes
I loved both dao and da2
But this was total shit

Game is 90% mmo tier farming to procees to next main story quest

It took me like 50 hours to finish it
No way im playing it again
Without the grinding the main story is literally like 7-8 missions, 10 hours tops
Thats 35 hours grinding, 10 hours main story and 5 hours other actual side quests like the companion ones

Only good thing about the game is Morrigan
>>
>>322443607
DA:O's combat was garbage for any class but mage, and playing a mage was only fun because of how OP they were. It was just a really, really shitty version of MMO combat that could be paused.
>>
File: 1382112952864.jpg (5 KB, 181x179) Image search: [Google]
1382112952864.jpg
5 KB, 181x179
It was pretty fucking bad.

Still not as bad as DAII.

Which is a fucking testament to how goddamn motherfucking bad they fucked up with DAII. Anyone who acts like DAII is good in any way shape or form is a fucking tryhard memelord who needs to commit suicide.
>>
>>322440640
>but the story is great.
Saturday cartoons made by Canadians have better writing then DAI
>>
>>322444430
They really do.

DA:I managed to do absolutely nothing new or interesting.
>>
>>322444520
it doesnt even have to be new but the excecution was just awful.
>spend whole game gathering army and making sure everyone loves you so you can attack bad guy with giant force
>"i-inquisitor he already is attacking no time anymore"
>"heh lets attack right away then with our backup troops.. who cares"

the whole game and its event didnt even have a purpose.
>>
Origins was amazing, took me 80 hours to finish it (all the DLC content included).

2 was one of the largest steps back, looking rushed as fuck sequels I've ever seen.

I'm pirating Inquisition + all the DLC right now because I ain't having Origin on my PC ever. I'm hoping it's at least a lot better than 2.

Playing as a Qunari seems interesting enough.
>>
>>322445205
qunari in inquisition maybe have the most raped lore ive ever seen in a videogame.
>>
>>322445364
I'm not too invested into the lore of Dragon Age anyway, just the major things.

Call me a typical console player (even though I'm playing it on PC), but I'm not wasting so much time reading every wall of text codex I come across unless it's about something actually interesting.
>>
>considered to be the biggest create your own character RPG of 2014
>literally none roleplaying, just a fetch quest hell with one outcome and one ending
I fear what this means for the industry
>>
>>322443973
No it wasn't. DA:O had the most rpg-like combat of all of them. You probably had no idea what you were doing, never figured out how to build a non-mage character well, and assumed everybody had to shittily button-push like you did. DA:I doesn't even let you position your party, ffs. There's no comparison.
>>
>>322447737

>rolling with two archers and a mage

Shame the game had so many shitty little details like invisible walls around puddles. It was only okay.
>>
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 950x315) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 950x315
>>322438885
Friendly reminder.
>>
>>322440640
t. Lance from France
>>
>>322438885
I think it's bad, but I don't understand how people can hate this and still praise shit like XCX and Final Fantasy XIII or XIV.
>>
was debating buying it, but then i saw the combat and laughed my ass off. it's basically a clunky arpg at this point. WHERE'S MY TACTICAL ENCOUNTERS, WHERE'S MY FUCKING TACTICS MENU. fucking origins was so great. their dwarf lore was so fucking great and they just abandon it all. what a god damn waste. JUST GIVE ME A DRAGON AGE BASED ON DWARF SOCIETY. I FUCKING NEED THIS
>>
>>322448552
>it's basically a clunky arpg at this point
You didn't get the right impression from videos. They managed to actually make the combat worse than asscreed somehow
>>
>>322438885
It was glitchy as fuck, but ok if you benched Sera. Went to start it up again recently but EA deleted my Origin account.
>>
File: ok.png (33 KB, 170x273) Image search: [Google]
ok.png
33 KB, 170x273
>>322442783
This niggah knows.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.