[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidya Just Not Doing It Anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14
>Old enough to the point where every single game I play is just derivative of something done before, even to the point of it being the 3rd and 4th times I have seen a genre come and go.

I keep telling myself I love vidya, and I think I do, but there's only one or two games a year that really fucking stand out for me and do something unique anymore. (Kerbal Space Program came to mind this year)

How do you come to terms with this /v/? God I hope VR isn't shit.
>>
>How do you come to terms with this /v/?
I try to lower my standards like the rest of the planet did.
>>
Are you a fucking ultrapleb who thinks all indie games are walking simulators or something? AAA might be stagnant as fuck, but cool indie games come out with relative regularity. Even if you've been gaming since the inception of videogames you have no grounds to claim that everything is mindlessly derivative.
>>
>>322436967
It's not a matter of standards though.

When people say this year Witcher 3 was the GOTY, i play it and 5 hours in i'm bored.

Same happened with Fallout 4 and Dragon Age last year, it's the same unoriginal shit over and over again.

Even the indie stuff is getting samey as fuck, with eveyone dicksucking Rocket League which is a fucking carbon copy of a game from 2008. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChBBHO0wqgI
>>
Force yourself to not quit. I find there are many games I get really tired of playing after about 30 minutes but if I keep playing it gets pretty fun after a while.
>>
You might want to see a shirk.
>>
>>322437571
Tell me a list of fantastic indie games that were truly unique this year
>>
>>322436190
Maybe you should try getting a job
>>
>>322436190
Listen to me. You're gonna shit on this comment and that's okay but I still want you to read this.

You will think it's indie shit but you need to sit down one day and beat Undertale. The first two hours are like "lol it's earthbound but indie" but after that point everything comes unhinged and the game is one of the most unique experiences I've ever had in a video game.

Sit down, play through it. It's 6ish hours. It's one afternoon. Undertale literally revitalized my interest in what gaming is and what it could be.
>>
Leave. Do something else, anything else away from this place for a month or more.

Getting away fron all the negativity here will help.
>>
>>322437782
Serious question; how old are you? I really hope you're a dumbfuck 18 year old who thinks he's a jaded hardass, because if you're an actual adult and you're stupid enough to whine about how ultrapopular sequel games that pander hard to casuals are all derivative then I think you need to remove yourself from the gene pool.

>>322437992
Define "truly unique". Literally every human thought and action is derivative and no work of art is truly unique. How about YOU tell me what you think the last "truly unique" game you played was. I hope you don't go with Kerbal Space Program as an example of a game that's "truly unique", because that would show how little self-awareness you actually have.
>>
>wants something unique
I think I found your problem.
>>
>>322436190
Play Please, Don't Touch Anything. It's pretty refreshing
>>
File: whatever.png (447 KB, 1182x904) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
447 KB, 1182x904
Just branch out and try new hobbies for a little while
>>
>20yo
>born in a third world country
>my first console was PS3

I don't even enjoy games anymore. The last games I had fun with were Bloodborne and Dark Souls.

I try to force myself to try the mustplay classics but I don't even enjoy them, I just play them to gather knowledge.

For me games have become a thing to discuss and quarrel about on the internet.
>>
>>322438112
I own a fucking business that I now only need to deal with a few days a month. I probably earn more than you so fuck off.

>>322438140
I have tried 3 times to play that game and each time it feels like watching paint dry, if a game can't keep my attention after an hour of play then it has fucked up as a game.
>>
>>322438485
Calm your tits autismo I'm not the one posting a >le tired gaymur thread on /v/ of all places.
>>
>PC

Well theres your fucking problem. Go play some console ip's or handheld games and come back.

Unless you're one of those faggots incapable of getting into and realizing Japanese video games are as diverse and plentiful than ever
>>
>>322438469
What a piece of shit.
>>
>>322438485
>I own a fucking business that I now only need to deal with a few days a month. I probably earn more than you so fuck off.
So you're an honest to god adult whining about how fallout 4 and dragon age whatever aren't unique games. Christ dude, reexamine your fucking life.
>>
>>322438485
I get you, I understand. Undertale's start was like "Hey, this is another boring indie JRPG." But it takes some twists and turns and goes places that literally no other game has ever done.

So if you want to say that no games have any original ideas, you should definitely push through the first couple of hours.
>>
>>322438965
>But it takes some twists and turns and goes places that literally no other game has ever done.

Like what?
>>
>>322438606
No you're not, you're just a pathetic moron who replies to a thread like this with a banal comment like 'get a job' assuming he's the hot shit when you probably works as a cashier.

>>322438619
If anything console games are even worse as they're designed for a lowest common denominator.

>>322438448
This is almost certainly what I should do, but i want to give vidya one last shot, i'm not a big movie/music guy.

>>322438328
KSP is the first game that tries to make Astroengineering dun and accessible to people who play games with little to no knowledge of the science.
>>
>>322438965
>But it takes some twists and turns and goes places that literally no other game has ever done.
It has one (yes, one) gimmick that MAYBE no other game has done.

I think it's a good game without regard to the fact that it fails to live up to your naive/ignorant praise, but OP obviously has his heart set on being a pathetic bored manchild.
>>
>>322439213
I won't spoil who or what or even how you get this fight

but it's a big spoiler for the game.

There's a boss that gets frustrated with you and starts using savestates. If you start doing too well against him despite the savestates, he ragequits the game and it boots you back to the desktop (with your save intact.)
>>
>>322439372
Your OP post far surpasses his in banality.
>>
>>322438485

> if a game can't keep my attention after an hour of play then it has fucked up as a game.

Anon, I am in the same boat as you right now for pretty much gaming as a whole, but I quickly came to realize that if the majority of these games are doing what you said there, and pretty much everyone else is enjoying them, the problem is not the game, it's me.

Unless the game is blatantly broken, unfinished, or sellout shit. Like Battlefront. Then it's the game's fault.
>>
>>322439372
>If anything console games are even worse
Yeah they're not, there are tons of unique console ip's that never make it PC. They're appropriately funded from good developers and are good games. You ever think you get tired of playing AAA shit because that's the only type of AAA that exists on PC? Yeah. Hanhelds are also booming this gen with tons of genres.
>>
File: 1424045805982.png (765 KB, 1001x1001) Image search: [Google]
1424045805982.png
765 KB, 1001x1001
>>322438845
KEK posts like this always make me laugh because you KNOW they made by some fat neckbeard in his mom's basement. LOOK AROUND NIGGA AT WHERE YOU ARE LMAO.
>>
File: IDBro.jpg (27 KB, 282x295) Image search: [Google]
IDBro.jpg
27 KB, 282x295
>>322439372
Grasp all you want mate I'm not the crying about how games are not fun anymore. Do yourself the favor and taste test other hobbies instead of burning yourself out on the same shit you fucking faggot. Give it six months worth of break then come back to them, since it will give you a fresh perspective instead of being some lame ass fag with a pipe jammed too far up his ass.
>>
>>322439573
>Anon, I am in the same boat as you right now for pretty much gaming as a whole, but I quickly came to realize that if the majority of these games are doing what you said there, and pretty much everyone else is enjoying them, the problem is not the game, it's me.

Fucking this x100000.
>>
>>322439451
That's actually pretty clever. I won't play the game though
>>
>>322439743
Then you don't get to bitch that games aren't unique anymore.
>>
>>322439706
Sick burn ainsley.
>>
>>322436190
Try playing older games from the late 90s/early 2000s, like something from a series you haven't gotten into or an underrated gem.
>>
The burnout has gotten so bad, I'm considering blowing vidya money on renovating my kitchen.
>>
Here are my advices. I'm 30, have a job and a wife and I'm still enjoying videogames (sorry if I sound akward, I'm not a native speaker).

>Keep playing for a while.
At least until you mastered the gameplay and mechanics.

>Do not hesitate to stop after that.
It's ok to stop playing a game if it's not fun anymore. Nobody cares but you.

>Don't be a completionist.
All those shits in open word games, screw them. Three endings, screw them. Of course if you really love a game, do whatever, but don't force yourself.

>Only three games in your backlog.
In Steam I have a huge pool of games I want to try, but I have only three games in my " next " tab. I only see these ones.

>Keep a goto game.
Something you know you'll enjoy, with high replayability, stuff like FTL, Risk Of Rain or some multiplayer game.

>Try to finish something once in a while.
If you failed to enjoy several games in a row, find a short one (4 hours max, go to " Howlongtobeat " to find out) and finish it. The sense of accomplishment is important.

>It's ok to replay a game you once loved
Nostalgia is a powerful feeling and you are not wasting your time playing for the tenth time DMC3 if you are having a blast.

>Don't read reviews or listen to /v/
It's ok if you dislike critically acclaimed titles, it's ok to like something /v/ hates.
>>
>>322440126
Do it
>>
File: the cure.jpg (57 KB, 339x470) Image search: [Google]
the cure.jpg
57 KB, 339x470
>>
>>322439545
Having a legitimate feeling cannot be banal, where as a wrote insult like 'get a job' is as tired as it gets.

Might as well have told me my mom was fat.

>>322439706
I know anon, but this applies to yourself you know.

>>322439621
What console IP this year was truly unique? Bloodborne was just Darksouls which in itself was just Demon Souls.

Nintendo continued to iterate on the same games they have put out a million times.

And Mictosoft put out another Forza and Halo...WOW!!!
>>
>>322438328
>dumbfuck 18 year old who thinks he's a jaded hardass
Woah literally me
>>
>>322440371
Why dose it have to be this year? You don't only play games from 2016 or 2015, right? The entire last gen library is fucking full of good shit you haven't played.

I won't bother trying to convince you though, if you think you've gotten the full range of a gaming experience through PC then you will forever remain stupid.
>>
>>322440261
Well that's the intention, luckily most of the cabinets are in good condition, so the only thing in need fo change are the covers, which, according to my shitty calculations, amount to about $200.
>>
>>322440371
Sorry kid but making yet another "gaming has changed and I can't enjoy it any more guise :(" thread is most definitely banal.
>>
>>322440236
>completionist

I wish people didn't put so much emphasis on this.

When I hit the credits on Normal difficulty or above I've finished your shitty ass game and it can safely go in the DONE pile unless I want to play it more.

Surprisingly I actually got all the medals and completed on Professional RE6 game is great (also applies to don't listen to what /v/ says).
>>
File: bdur.png (145 KB, 291x278) Image search: [Google]
bdur.png
145 KB, 291x278
>>322439372
>>322439545
>>322440371
>>322440721
>banal
>tfw
>>
>>322436190
Stop playing single player games. Get into competitive games. You no longer have to worry about innovation, just focus on honing the craft. If you pick a sufficiently deep game you can easily spend thousands of hours becoming a top player.
>>
>>322440658
I buy and play nearly every game that makes some sort of impact on the radar. Anything from last you that you could recommend I have already played the fuck out of and enjoyed or put down because it's shit.

>>322440236
Thank you anon, finally someone who seems to have debt with this level of burnout and has a decent plan to mitigate it.

>>322439724
The same logic could be used to say i'm in the wrong for not enjoying pop music and the Transformer films.

Most people have shit taste.

>>322440721
If anything your post shows that YOU need to spend less time on /v/. If I had known there were threads like that I would have joined in one.
>>
>>322441202
Post your backloggery or equivalent.
>>
>>322441202

What platforms do you own? Any handheld decives or just PC?
>>
>>322440371
Splatoon
Until Dawn
Grow Home
Hand of Fate
Helldivers
Ori and the Blind Forest
Codename Steam
Axiom Verge
Box Boy
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Invisible Inc
Puzzle and Dragons Z
Roundabout
The Swindle
Galak-Z The Dimensional
Little Battlers eXperience
Mad Max
Dragon Quest Heroes
Yoshi's Wooly World
Yokai Watch
Steamworld Heist
and fuck you, Super Mario Maker

All new IPs released this year that are good.
>>
>>322441178
This is a weakness of mine but I fucking despise losing to the point it can reduce my enjoyment of a game.

I just can't compete with the majority of people who play online games anymore because they are both younger and have much more free time to git gud.

I'd love to get into something like a moba but last time I tried I was bad and literally everyone on my team me so much shit it put me right off them.

I can put up with a lot of shit but once I can hear squeeky voiced kids calling me a virgin when I have a wife, it's time to put the game down.
>>
>>322441714
I suggest playing more mature games then. MOBAs are some of the worst to get into if you don't like kids yelling at you. Chess is my recommendation if you don't need something that is strictly a video game.
>>
>>322438140
>Undertale literally revitalized my interest in what gaming is and what it could be.

I agree, and it is pure pain trying to even express this in any capacity. I don't like talking about it outside 4chan because it's mostly the cesspool Toby thought it was going to become. Don't like talking about it here because I don't even need to explain myself on that one.

People can say anything they want about opening one's eyes to actual gameplay, or objectifying every last detail to show just how bad it is, but at the end of the day, that game made me feel things I thought I would never feel ever again in videogames.

As for OP, do what you want, you don't have to play it. But I would say at least try playing alone and because you want to, people online (reviewers, commenters, etc) just shit up the videogame atmosphere.
>>
>>322442197
where can i pirate it? i might try it but i refuse to be cucked and pay for it.

how big is the game in size?
>>
>>322442540
it's fucking eight dollars on steam

jesus goddamn christ
>>
>>322441612
I have played almost all of those, and even some of them on PC. Missed shit like Puzzle and Dragons Z because they're literally the exact same games as the previous ones. Nice try though.

>>322441421
current:

The Old Republic
Just Cause 3
HoTS and Legacy of the Void
Rebel Galaxy
Empire Tv Tycoon
Yo-Kai Watch
Last Episode of Telltale GOT
Tales from Boderlands
UNDERTALE
HER STORY
Broken sword 5 part 2
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
Xenoblade Chronicles
The Curse of Monkey Island
Escape from monkey Island
Tales of Monkey Island
New Walking dead episodes
Viewtiful Joe
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/radiant dawn
Trauma Team
MGS AC!D 2
the world ends with you
Don't Starve
Digimon re-digitise fan patch
VA-11 HALL-A
Gods Will Be Watching
NiNo Kuni
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc

Those were the ones I have missed out on but made a note to get back to.
>>
>>322442540
>but i refuse to be cucked and pay for it.
In an age with Steam refunds I don't understand this mentality but I'm not one to talk, I actually recommend piracy for the curious. Not gonna try to spoonfeed, should be easy to find, but I know it's really small.
>>
>>322442759
>>322442540

I don't support indie developers thats why and thre's a chance I'll change my mind after 2 hours
>>
>>322436190
I have no idea.
I have a hard time finishing games anymore. Maybe it's because I used to not have many games so I felt more like finishing them and now I have dozens of steam games I've barely touched?
>>
>>322442945
Alright, well, whatever. Kickass torrents or piratebay has em, like I said I recommend downloading for people on the fence.

But I will say that it's been built up a lot. Mentions of GOAT and best ever etc often obscure it's actual positives. I myself love it but was also critical of it. Just those litlte touches that relit my hope were enough to outweigh any negatives, personally.

>>322442660
I'd say that's a pretty diverse list. Would you consider trimming it down, though? Realistically no one's going to be able to play all of those in a reasonable timeframe, and IMO that makes it feel like work.

I'd suggest choosing 2-3 at a time to rotate so that you can really get to know each, and switch off once you get tired of them.
>>
>>322443551
thanks
>>
>>322443551
It's strange, I look at some of those games and go. Yeah I really want to play one of those!

and the I say well I have to do x later or there's not enough hours left today to properly get into one so i'll start tomorrow morning.

and that happens every day.
>>
>>322436190
vidya for adults is competitive multiplayer.

i find it really, really strange when people are grown up and play single player wii games and shit. it doesn't quite make sense. if you're an adult you should be competing against others for the most part, and not playing much otherwise-- just the really great games that come out.
>>
>>322436190
I been chilling for a while, keeping my eyes open.
Watching old games for revolutionary patches, playing some old indie crap.
Really giving shit a re-go, ignoring the slightly less unbearable elements.

Things really are falling to shit though.
I just hope the casual fad audiance finally fucks off so I can get some meaty games.
I think it all starting going to shit on DS and Wii release.

VR might be good for a while, but soon the "family", "nerdy", "gamergirl" and poltically charged units will latch on like with anything else.
But whatever.

>>322441612
>Madmax
>Splatoon
Is on your list.
Into the trash.

Liking madmax on it's own invalidates any opinion you have on anything, inside and outside of media.
It's like 4chan is now the new reddit or tumblr. Shit.

>>322442660
>Undertale
Kill yourself
>>
>>322438485
When you need to tell anons on the internet that you earn more than them to help re-stabilise your own ego after a "get a job" comment, you have failed

You're better than that man. At least try not to be retarded
>>
File: thenamelessone.jpg (19 KB, 320x299) Image search: [Google]
thenamelessone.jpg
19 KB, 320x299
>>322436190
You sound similar to me. We've simply played too many games, we've seen every iteration of the pattern. We were born before video games, grew up with them, retro style is not something novel to us. Games we loved when we were kids have been redone a zillion times, games that are fresh and new to us become played, understood and we can guess the rest of the game before too long, and we lose interest.

Only real cure is no cure.

Try a different interest/hobby.
>>
I am literally positive every person in this thread shitting on OP is 20 or under.

KSP is a great game. OP, have you played Euro Truck Simulator? Monster Hunter? I saw that you have Xenoblade Chronicles in your backlog; try giving that a whirl. Much of what I play these days is emulated favorites from the days of yore. Modern releases really just aren't catered to the demographic I belong to, whatever that is.
>>
>>322444625
That wasn't op,

We've already established that OP only has PC, and that's it, he doesn't have any consoles and or handheld devices. He just plays PC.
>>
>>322443918
Oh yeah I know that feel. It sucks. Especially with work. Even though I'm a NEET now, literally all the time in the world, I still feel like this as much as I did after a long day working.

>>322444350
I would also kind of agree here, even with getting a new hobby/interest, but not necessarily quit with video games.

Like I said about distancing one's self from the environment, I'd go farther and say why not distancing from games altogether, let the interest go into remission, and then re-discover it again? Takes time, I know, but I can't think of anything else. No need to go balls-deep into games if you're burned out.
>>
>>322444743
>That wasn't op,

Follow the fucking reply chain.

PC or not, XC can be emulated. Who wants to play that shit in 720p now?
>>
>>322444349
I'd normally agree but /v/ is the absolute worst for bottom of the barrel dregs of society having unwarranted huge egos.

I'm talking obese unwashed and state/parent supported social outcasts who think they're better people than people with PhD's simply because they are 'normies'

I figure taking someone down a peg is the only way to give some of you a dose of reality.
>>
File: 1450612687803-0.jpg (232 KB, 599x561) Image search: [Google]
1450612687803-0.jpg
232 KB, 599x561
>>322436190
Get a life
>>
>>322444947
not sure if youre the op of my reply or not, but my point was that he should be exactly aware of where the fuck he is

this is /v/
you can't go all:
>NO I OWN SO MUCH MORE MONEY THAN YOU I EVEN HAVE A JOB I BET YOU DONT IM SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU HOW DARE YOU
every time someone say's get a job on /v/. Its fucking 4chan. If he takes himself THAT seriously, he's the one who should be put down a peg
>>
>>322437992
Truly unique is subjective, some claim no such thing can exist, but I'd list the following as at least highly unusual:
Whatever Zachtronics released this year if anything at all. (TIS-100 I think)
Necrodancer (unless you claim early access was the release)
Undertale (in b4 memes)
Titan Souls is kind of unique (but it sucks)
Lovers in dangerous spacetime maybe

And also a bunch of indie jam games that are short and barely prototypes but have cool concepts.
>>
>>322444625
>tfw my girlfriend played euro truck simulator and loved it

she's out there anon, the one for you. don't cheat on her, retard.
>>
>playing a moba

Why would you do that to yourself? They're awful things made for autists, BR poorfags and RU scammers.
>>
>>322436190
Play multiplayer games, No two games are the same.
>>
>>322436190
This was bound to happen. People born 1990-1992 were born in that perfect period to play pretty much every REAL game that's come out (shit like Tetris and the Super Nintendo shit was so backwards and simple that they're not really anything like games). So, we've reached the end of our cycle - we're too old for this shit, so we're seeing everything get repeated.
>>
Nothing left for me to do except wait the 40-50 years until my death.

No new discoveries. No new joys. No great adventures ahead of me.

Just work, eat, sleep, and amuse myself, day after day, until I am no longer.
>>
>>322445296
People who work hard at getting to where they want to be in life tend to take themselves seriously.

I find most people who try to be holier-than-thou are usually doing it to boost their own ego to make up for their own failings or to look cool in front of their peer group.

I'm guessing from your reply you're not exactly hot shit by anyone's standards.
>>
>>322445963
>1991 here
feels kind of bad, but sounds kind of true. Part of me wants to nod off with video games (as for current consoles and such I already have, I don't give a shit about this console cycle) and just want to be waken up every now and then when something interesting comes along.

>>322446057
>amuse myself

Get a prostate massager!
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 640x1136
Play Leauge
>>
>>322446191

I did get one. It didn't work.
>>
>>322445963
>People born 1990-1992 were born in that perfect period to play pretty much every REAL game that's come out

>too young for quake era
>too young to really appreciate birth of online gaming
>too young for ultima online
>too young for snes and ps1

lol, no.
>>
>>322446404
Outdated and old shit. Compare EQ's graphics with WoW. Much preferred experiencing online gaming on WoW than EQ's bs.
>>
>>322445637
When you have to caveat that your own suggestions are not popular and kind of shit well...

You're not convincing me anon.

>>322446191
>Get a prostate massager

It's funny, when I was on college I loved it when my then GF would play with my ass, but now even the thought makes me feel uneasy.

I also heard overly messing with that area can lead to metastasis if your family is prone to ass cancer.
>>
You're depressed.

We all are.
>>
>>322446560
>outdated
>graphics

LOL
>>
>>322446404
Everyone born in that time has played ps1, at least where I live. Most have played SNES and NES too. Children like to play video games.
>>
>>322439573
Totally agree.
Playing games is great for escaping reality, but if something deeper is worrying you, you won't be able to enjoy it.
I'm also wondering for how long I will keep playing (I'm 38). Will I get bored the same way I got bored of anime? The only game that caught my attention in 2015 was The Witcher 2.
>>
Get a life, you fucking loser.
I stopped playing videogames a few years ago.
Was too bored. Only some online multiplayer PVP stuff got me off cause of the sheer dopamine release.
But I stopped for a while, and now I play them but not nearly as much. It's much more fun. Before it was almost a chore.

Same with drugs. I gave up on hallucinogens for a few years and now I know to respect them more. I lost the magic 100% a long time ago, but now some of it is back.
>>
>>322441612
>Until Dawn
>Grow Home
Yuck. I can forgive you for puzzles and dragons tho senpai
>>
>>322446571
>When you have to caveat that your own suggestions are not popular and kind of shit well...
>You're not convincing me anon.
Your only criteria was "unique", go move goalposts somewhere else.
>>
File: 1216200348251.gif (2 MB, 349x248) Image search: [Google]
1216200348251.gif
2 MB, 349x248
>>322446737
You're shitposting on a video games board when you don't even play games.
>>
>>322446287
Oh. Sorry to hear that :c
>>322446571
Yikes, did not know about that. I just thought if you were gentle and stuff nothing bad could really happen but didn't know risks based on genetics.

>>322446725
>if something deeper is worrying you, you won't be able to enjoy it.
You know what, I bet that's a bigger problem of mine. Every time I sit down to play a game or do some other hobby, the thought comes up in my mind and says "But I could be doing something more productive right now." Mainly it's a money issue. I'm already a coddled NEET living with my mother but the thought of never being financially independent is a constant worry. Even if I went for autismbux it's not a good sum of money or anything to be proud of.
>>
>>322439743
Your loss chump
>>
File: 641171-videl4rn2_1_edit_large.jpg (18 KB, 300x373) Image search: [Google]
641171-videl4rn2_1_edit_large.jpg
18 KB, 300x373
Could be depression or burnout. I'd go do shit other than vidya for a while. Happened to me

>laid off in Jan
>depressed, playing vidya all day
>vidya doesn't 'work'
>get into hiking
>still not digging vidya
>realize I was forcing myself to play genres I didn't like since certain titles were "AMAZING 10/10", etc.
>just go back to basics and play shmups and arcade titles like crazy now (my favorites as a kid/teen)
>find job and enjoy vidya and life again
>>
>>322447007
>played games furiously until around 2012
>used to post on /v/ daily since 08, but stopped, still browsed a little though
>came back to vidya in 2015
>also came back to /v/ although it's a much more bitter place now, not as much fun, but I digress

I enjoy videogames now more than 80% of the people on this board do. Suck my ass, faggot.
>>
>>322446057
Find a hobby get a girlfriend invest in stock. There's more to life than just vidya, anon
>>
>>322439372
OP I was in the same spot as you. My new hobby is airsoft. Its really fun. I also stopped reading vidya gaem news since its mostly depressing.
>>
>>322447070
Get your financials in order by taking advantage of the countless retards that comprise most of the human genepool like I did.

Then you can come back here when you realise money wasn't the issue for why you can't enjoy most games anymore and we can hash it out.

>>322446957
That I actually wanted to play half-decent games should have been implicit, because NOBODY wants to play shit games..

But fine, I mean unique & GOOD games.
>>
>>322436190
"Shoot the guy" has its roots in the late 70s. Galaxian and your modern FPS aren't so different. Slap as many mission objectives on it as you like, you're still fundamentally pointing, shooting and avoiding fire. Back in the day, we thought games would evolve. That AI would become incredible, that worlds would become larger. That didn't really happen. How many games have bots anymore? Hell, Titanfall didn't even have a single-player mode. Look at how lazy Fallout 4 was. Just a bunch of post-processing thrown on top of an outdated engine, an "open" world stripped of all agency and feedback. The fucking SaGa games were more in-depth.

It's just the spirit of the times: a mature medium, risk-averseness.
>>
>there are literally people who do something so much that they inevitably burn out on it and then complain about it

Just put the controller down until you want to pick it back up you miserable fuck. Why are you forcing yourself to do something that's meant to be a leisurely activity holy shit you have problems you junkie dipshit use common sense

"When you get the message, put down the phone"
>>
>>322447550
I've actually REALLY wanted to channel my cynicism by taking advantage of the gullible. The question is, how? I don't have a mind for business, and I can't even hold a job that involves talking to people for prolonged lengths. I don't think I have it in me, I'm just weak like that.

Though, interesting to know that the feeling is still there...Well, at least one problem's solved at the end of it all, right?
>>
I look at my retard friend on facebook (he still uses emoji like xD so you know he's a pleb)

And he still gets super hyped for shit like the new CoD and Halo games and genuinely gets months of enjoyment out of the games despite having played since CoD4, which was when I last played with him and used to enjoy the series.

Is it sad that i'm jealous of a simpleton because he hasn't become jaded?
>>
File: 1426898468419.png (750 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1426898468419.png
750 KB, 640x640
I'm on the same boat OP.
I can really only have fun playing vidya when I'm playing with other people these days. It helps to be able to talk to people and show others things about the game they didn't know about and what not.
Shame I don't have any friends lol
>>
>>322447989
Measure it against the opposite--having a superiority complex because you don't play stupid normie games. That attitude lifted myself up out of self-deprecation but it's godlike at pushing others away.

At the same time, it is worth wondering whether ignorance really is bliss or not.
>>
>>322447070
>"But I could be doing something more productive right now."
Then you should try to find the one thing that's missing, give your life more meaning. Games are good for doing a break from time to time, not as a main activity.
>>
>>322447989
Maybe. Think about the sad fucklord who's currently playing his thousandth round of league right now.
Can you believe what a miserable existence his must be? Would you wish that upon your worst enemy?
I don't know. It's terrible that people are so easily sedated by some things. But that's the masses for you.
(Edgy post of the day brought to you by anon)
>>
>>322436190
Well even though it's a derivative it's not the exact same game. A game can still be unique even though it borrows from other games. There isn't anything that is totally unique and doesn't borrow from other stuff at all.
>>
>>322447245
Yes, I also gave up playing 10/10 games whose genre I don't like.
Finding a job is also helping for mental sanity.
>>
>>322447070
I felt guilty about videogames every time I played one, until I got my life truly on track. Now I don't right now.
In the future, I will again when times get tense. But today, I will gladly spend my time playing xenoblade and a couple others that I missed out on last gen
>>
File: feelsnberg.png (15 KB, 396x489) Image search: [Google]
feelsnberg.png
15 KB, 396x489
I think I finally understand why billionaires with everything in the world still get depressed and kill themselves.

Once you 'wake up' and get into an irreversible mindset where you can no longer enjoy what you once did and are too lethargic to get into something new...

Well, all that's left is it wait for the end.
>>
>>322448316
Your post is so edgy I nearly cut myself on it.

But I did meek out a little happiness from it due to solidarity with you. Let's be miserable together!

And hey, did you know there's a higher than average level of depression in people who tend to score higher in IQ tests?

It's something to hang your hat on at least....
>>
/v/ - A bunch of miserable cunts making each other feel worse.

It's like the opposite of alcoholics anonymous.
>>
>>322449402
Leave then fuckface
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.