[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is witcher 3 worth buying now or should i get dragons dogma?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 2529001-witcherlogo.jpg (76 KB, 740x360) Image search: [Google]
2529001-witcherlogo.jpg
76 KB, 740x360
is witcher 3 worth buying now or should i get dragons dogma?
>>
That depends, do you care about story, or about gameplay?
>>
>>322434346
Just get Dogma, you'll have more fun.
>>
>>322434971
looking for something that's more immersive and an RPG feel
>>
>>322435061
If you can ignore the 0/10 gameplay and you like generic fantasy bullshit then you may like it
>>
>>322435182
what game are you talking about? witcher?
>>
>>322435061
Get Witcher.

Dragons Dogma isn't nearly as good as /v/ makes it out to be, and it's not even out yet
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>322435872
>not even out yet

Dragon's Dogma came out 4 years ago
>>
>>322435736
Yes, he was talking about Witcher.

>>322435061
Get Dragon's Dogma, Witcher isn't nearly as RPGy as you might think

Also it has an actually weak narrative compared to DD which is pretty sad when you think about it
>>
>>322434346
>Dragon's Dogma combat

One of the best.

>Witcher combat

One of the worst.
>>
>>322436804
>>322435182
>0/10 gameplay
>One of the worst.

I love this dumb fucking meme, and when I discussed this with you autsist it turned out some didn't even play it or understand it.

DD has better combat than W3 but it's only about the only action RPG that has better combat.
>>
Witcher is less rpg than Dragons Dogma, it is too much story driven and its gameplay lacks in a lot of aspects, just buy it now only if you really wanna play it and loves the Witcher 3 universe, but it is too expensive in the shortcome because you probably will want the expansions after finishing. Dragons Dogma otherwise is a one purchase filled with content and could give you endless play.
>>
File: Drink your iodine.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Drink your iodine.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>322434346
As someone who has played and beaten both extensively I can tell you that I enjoyed both equally but I remember putting a lot of time into Dragon's Dogma when I first got it. You have a lot more freedom to just roam around and grind your characters, I also enjoyed switching classes and hunting monsters.

Witcher 3 is fun as well but you have more talking and what not in it, I do think Witcher 3 gives you more of an RPG experience compared to DD but I honestly have to say that I played the shit out of DD when I first got it so I think you'd really enjoy DD more.

Witcher 3 has a NG+ Mode but DD has a lot of things you can do in it.

TL;DR Basically you know what you prefer OP, if you want a more traditional style RPG then go for Witcher 3 but if you don't care about that then go for DD, I mean DD is still a fun RPG like you can create a character, pick a class, level it and give it specific armor and weapons, etc.

Fuck it just get DD, me talking about it makes me want to go and play it again....man that shit was fun as fuck.

ALSO MAKE SURE TO DRINK YOUR IODINE
>>
>Not pirating Witcher 3 and buying DD so you can have all the online features
>>
>>322437337
>tfw NG+ sucks in practically every game
I think literally the only game that did something interesting with it was Nier
>>
>>322437492
>I think literally the only game that did something interesting with it was Nier
Final Fantasy Type-0
>>
>>322437553
On that note, I'm actually thinking of picking up FF: Type-0 HD, my friend said it's pretty fun and I looked up some gameplay and it seems fun.

It's only like $20 at my local gamestop, figured it was worth it plus I heard you can put well over 80 hours if not more into the game.
>>
>>322436685
>DD better narrative

lmao
>>
>>322437834
Great arguments you got there, really convinced me
>>
>>322438007

Alright I'll shoot

It's a game based on a book series with rich characters, deep lore, and it's the final game in a trilogy

DD's story can't compare desu
>see bloody baron's questline
>>
>>322434346
Still bugged shit, but at least its playable now
>>
>>322439037
>based on a book series
Yea, just like sonichu is based on sonic.
New books made games non-canon. They are literaly fanfic
>>
>>322434346
A lot of people seem to think Dragon's Dogma has a shit story but I thought it was very interesting.
>>
>>322439578
The games are like a love letter to Sapkowski.
I don't think Sapkowski new Witcher books will affect the canon of the books

but pls shitpost more
>>
>>322434346
As someone who's played through TW3, I'm telling you, you won't be spent on it before Dragon's Dogma hits steam.

I'd go with Dogma first.
>>
Haven't played DD yet but TW3 is really fun if you flesh it out fully by exploring the world and taking your time with it.
The combat isn't anything special and its more of an extra thing to do.
>>
>>322434346
The Witcher 3's combat is watching people and creatures dance around eachother making vague attack animations until someone dies. Dogma's combat has weight and you can actually tell what's happening between your character and the enemies.
>>
File: 1428947665787.jpg (73 KB, 712x540) Image search: [Google]
1428947665787.jpg
73 KB, 712x540
>>322434346
Why do you have to make this thread 3 times to figure out what you want?
>>
>>322440354
>game is based on a book therefore it's good

You're a fucking retard.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.