[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: darksuls.jpg (53 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
darksuls.jpg
53 KB, 256x330
Is this the worst rpg of all time?

>Enemies take too many hits to kill
>Bosses dont drop any decent loot
>Characters are all annoying and dont act like real people
>Music is rare, and when it does appear its just a bunch of guys chanting "AaaaAaaaAaaaAaaah" in different ways
>There are katanas in a fucking medieval europe-type setting
>Way too many memes and "lol Im crazy" moments
>No story unless your fucking Sherlock Holmes with ADHD

/v/ is this the worst game ever?
>>
>>322384512
>>322384512
Yeah the memes pissed me off too.
>LE EBIN LIVING SKELETONS
>We want the undertale audience
>>
>>322384512
I wouldn't hate it as much if Soulsfags wouldn't shout their mouth about this game
A guy in the university speaks about it the whole fucking day, it's getting really annoying
And when you talk about other games, there must always be that faggot who's got to compare it to Dark Souls, or tell you that it's "The Dark Souls of something"
Also, it's a flawed gme, enjoyable but nothing THAT good, it only got praised for "le difficult game" meme
>>
>>322384512
Yes
>>
>>322384778
>Lolol I'm staring at the sun, Im so crazy

God this game is retarded
>>
Why can't you guys just admit you don't like a game, why do you always have to make it the game's fault you don't like it?
>>
>>322384512
>too many memes
theres even a fucking pepe face on the bottom left of your picture
>>
>>322385331
They probably haven't even played it.

Shitposters will always shitpost. Not even the heat death of the universe will stop.
>>
I think the reason people like this game so much, is because it requires some form of skill. Most games today are like interactive movies. Dark Souls is like the really hard NES games of people's youth which drove them insane and were tough to beat. Ergo, game was developed with people who want a challenge, and then those people become good at only that one game and makes them think they are better then others.
>>
I can't even think of a fault in the game, aside from Bed of Chaos. It's a near perfect game, I'm sorry you don't like it OP.
>>
File: 1449561330481.gif (3 MB, 200x250) Image search: [Google]
1449561330481.gif
3 MB, 200x250
>>322384512
>>Music is rare, and when it does appear its just a bunch of guys chanting "AaaaAaaaAaaaAaaah" in different ways
>>
File: le bait mayme.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
le bait mayme.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>
>>322385747

The last third of the game isnt very good. Lost Izalith is awful, and Tomb of Giants aint great either.
>>
>>322384512
>Bosses don't drop any decent loot

You tried.
>>
File: 1451360730733.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1451360730733.png
52 KB, 346x360
Also who's the retard that developed skeletons with wheels? What a pile of shit.
>>
All bait aside I don't get why people praise Souls games for their difficulty when the difficulty is easily the worst part of them.
Dark Souls is the first game I've ever played where I genuinely felt like the developers were genuinely mad at me for buying their product and actively tried to prevent me from having fun with it.
>>
>>322386261
Lost Izalith is absolute fucking trash but I quite enjoyed Tomb of the Giants
Blighttown was a great area too
>>
>>322386931
>I genuinely felt like the developers were genuinely mad

You genuinely deserve what you got. :^)
>>
File: ror.jpg (32 KB, 387x512) Image search: [Google]
ror.jpg
32 KB, 387x512
>>322384512
>People unironically believe some of this shit while praising The Witcher 3 as the best RPG of all time
>>
I think Dragon Age Inquisition and Skyrim suit your play style better.
>>
>>322386931
While I genuinely felt that the developers designed the game with an intelligent player in mind.
>>
>>322386809
read berserk
>>
File: 1255992968369.gif (1 MB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
1255992968369.gif
1 MB, 260x146
>>322385425
>>
File: le dark meme man.png (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
le dark meme man.png
20 KB, 600x600
>>322384512
>too many hits to kill
use Zwei fucking scrub
>>
>>322384512
NOW THIS IS POD RACING
>>
>>322386809
They are great, fuck you
>>
File: 1430302098077.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1430302098077.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>322384512
>Not Skyrim

Found the Bethesdababy
>>
>>322384512
so what's the best, in your opinion?
>>
>>322388526
OP here. Airplane instruction games from the 90's
>>
File: come get some fuckboy.jpg (30 KB, 500x510) Image search: [Google]
come get some fuckboy.jpg
30 KB, 500x510
>>322388321
I wonder who could be behind this post
>>
>>322384512
Is this the worst bait thread of all time?

>Start with pic of beloved game
>Apply arbitrary "standards" of quality
>Make blatantly untrue statements
>Drop in a couple of bad opinions
>Nitpick about irrelevant small details
>Completely misunderstand game's tone
>Accuse fans of having a mental disorder

/v/ is this the worst thread ever?
>>
>>322386931
But difficulty is a stepping stone on the path to gitting gud, and gitting gud allows developers to try more things and lets you have more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VbH0D9mLEY

Don't you want to have fun, anon? That video was just normal difficulty. Imagine Hard Mode.
>>
>>322384512
>Three hits is to many hits to kill an enemy.

get gud.
>>
The answer for what you should do if you don't like this game or you find it to hard
kill yourself
Or
gitgud
But for you I'd recommend suicide.
Its the only option
>>
>>322388642
fair enough
>>
>>322388526
Real OP here. Indian Jones games, but not the normal human ones, the Lego ones.
>>
Is it a meme now to make autistic threads like this?
>>
>>322389665
Only because people keep replying to obvious b8. It takes two to meme bro
>>
>>322388884
Is this the most butthurt fan of all time?
>>
>>322391180
Nope, this isn't even close
>>
>>322387839
>>322389046
Because the things that made Dark Souls hard didn't demand much skill or make the game more fun once you figured them out.
Once you take away cheap shot gimmicks like the ambush at the beginning of the capra demon fight, all you have left is yet another boring strafe-n-dodge against an enemy who takes forever to kill and does potentially lethal damage because the basic gameplay is too simple for you to do anything fancier than parrying. It's the absolute worst way you can do difficulty in a video game; make the player do a relatively easy but repetitive task for 10 straight minutes and if they fuck up once they have to start over. It isn't fun, and all it challenges is the player's patience. Shit sucks.
>>
>>322385747
>tfw despite its bullshit you actually enjoyed bed of chaos
I love that desperation in vidya
>>
>>322384512
Yeah. Soulsfags in real life are the worst as well. Every fucking casual shitter I know has played and beaten a Souls games. Funny thing is, is that all of them can't even beat a fucking Mega Man game. Literally the trash of the gaming community.
>>
Hey guys, should I learn Chinese? I feel like learning a new language, and they are gonna rule the world one day anyway so might as well eh.
>>
>>322384512

Nigga go watch a movie
>>
>invade a world
>player is pretty low-level
>lag like an iceberg, die because delayed spear thrust lol

>invade a world
>player is has a Gravelord sword and has summoned a phantom decked out in Gwyndolin's gear
>phantom kills we with a miracle

>invade a world
>player seems normal
>except he's dealing 400+ damage with one-handed claymore swings ahhhhh
>try to play smart and bait him
>manage to not die for a while, force him into a tight spot
>still die

How do I git gud at PvP?
>>
>>322395761
是的,你大白痴

诺玛离开现在重新
>>
>>322384512
I know this post is bait but...

>Enemies take too many hits to kill
Only if you stick to beginning weapons and don't upgrade. Seriously even beginner weapons that have been upgraded can kill most enemies in 5-10 normal hits.

>Bosses dont drop any decent loot
They drop Great Souls that can be turned into Great Weapons by a certain blacksmith that will also solve the first "problem" you had with Dark Souls.

I don't know, Latrec was a greedy bastard who screwed you over for a chance at love, Solaire was that idiot who didn't know when to quit helping, Onion-bro was that person who could deck the shit out of anyone but wasn't the smartest, and so on. They seem to react differently to different situations that they either put themselves in or you put them in just like real people. But you wouldn't know how people other than you react because you don't get out much I assume.

>Music is rare, and when it does appear its just a bunch of guys chanting "AaaaAaaaAaaaAaaah" in different ways
Maybe because it's nice to walk through a forest or near a cliff edge and admire the surroundings of the area without blaring piano riffs and guitar solos in the background? Besides at least the boss fight music isn't edgy death metal EDM bullshit tracks.

>There are katanas in a fucking medieval europe-type setting
There are also spider-woman hybrids, walking dragon asses, crystal monsters, giant Mike Mushroom Tyson-s, and much more things that probably also weren't in medieval europe-type settings either, but it's a fucking video game so oh well.

>Way too many memes and "lol Im crazy" moments
Examples?

>No story unless your fucking Sherlock Holmes with ADHD
You mean all the side stories that aren't the main story line? Because the main story line is pretty god damn simple- "Escape from asylum and restore the age of fire."

>/v/ is this the worst game ever?
>Implying
>>
File: 1451730624230.gif (3 MB, 300x252) Image search: [Google]
1451730624230.gif
3 MB, 300x252
>>322384512
>>
>>322385747
>New Londo (4 kings fight was a neat concept but it just turns into a race)
>The entirely of Demon's Ruins to Lost Izalith
>The entire second part of Darkroot until Sif
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.