[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can somebody outline why this game is so bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 36
File: Star_Wars_Battlefront_2015_box.jpg (19 KB, 300x329) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Battlefront_2015_box.jpg
19 KB, 300x329
Can somebody outline why this game is so bad?
>>
>>322378054
Short version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U49VvGYZr98

Long version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLtwK6Oe23I

Also, I don't give a fuck if you hate either one of these people.
>>
>>322378350

both of those people are fags with shit opinions who suck at video games
>>
>>322379148
If you didn't want the opinions of other people, why bother making this fucking thread
>>
>>322378054
There's not a ton of content and there's zero real progression. Only 4 maps (5 now with the free map but its just another desert map). Vehicles don't feel great, just kind of an aside.

Its just mediocre.
>>
Lack of content.

/thread
>>
>Very few guns for a customization load out game
>very few maps for a battlefront game
>doesn't have half the content battlefront 2 had
>too few heroes
>too few villains
>no space battles, only dogfights, capped at 10 on 10
>no galactic conquest
>NO SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER
>>
>>322380085
This. Actually, this thread is the perfect analog of Battlefront.
>>
>No Death Star Trooper
>No Death Star Gunner
>No Imperial Officer
>No TIE Fighter pilot
>No AT-ST pilot
>No AT-AT pilot
>No Storm commando
>No AT-AT commander

Customization is ass especially for Imperial units and anything remotely interesting is locked away at Rank 40-50.
>>
>>322378054

When everybody is afraid you're going to make Battlefront into nothing other than a Battlefield 4/hardline clone and you fail to do that, essentially making it a call of duty clone but call of duty ends up having more content and by extension marginally more enjoyable gameplay, you're doing something horribly wrong.

But... apparently not if the piece of shit can sell 12 million copies.
>>
It isn't.
>>
>>322380245
>>Very few guns for a customization load out game
DICE is fucking retarded solely because of this inherent design flaw.
If you're going to keep the OT, a very limited trilogy in terms of weaponry and tech, authentic to the movies, why have a customization system that's meant for games with a wide variety of weapons and loadouts? You can't do that for the original trilogy.
DICE should have just used a class system from the very start. What can I say, they wanted to pander to casual, balding nostalgiafags from the start.
>>
>>322380562
Woe to the people who bought this game without knowing that it's multiplayer only.
>>
I think that because everyone and their mother was telling me this game is ass, when I went into it with literally no expectations, I actually ended up enjoying it a lot.
It's fun to just pick up & do a couple games every now and then.
>>
Its a reskinned Battlefield, everyone can see it.
I was so psyked for this but it had none of the feels from battlefront 2, not at all the same game modes, and i feel so stupid for not seing the EA logo.

They really do rape every franchise they get their hands on, i wish /v/ would do something about it and do a fight club on their offices
>>
>>322378054
Only kids who didn't play the originals thinks its good.

Its okay as a standalone - but compared to Battlefront 1+2 it is shit, it has ripped apart what the original games were about and has removed 99% of the content to instead make it small scale, DLC orientated and like battlefield instead
>>
I actually kind of like it. Content wise it's lacking but it's a tight experience that plays well. The first two Battlefront games while high on content were shallow as fuck with pretty shit gunplay ane vehicle mechanics. Game needs splitscreen multi and AI battles bad though. Once all the DLC is out and you can get the premium edition on sale it will definitely be worth it.
>>
>>322378054
Single biggest issue that the only thing you can do is "get better at killing" there is no squad aspect to it, no ammo/medic. If you're a low level you're going to get kerb stomped by better players.
>>
>>322381508
>Reskinned Battlefield
No, it isn't. It would actually be better if it was.
>>
>>322378054
its not bad, its actually fun. its just that the game lacks content and most maps are one sides (especially the walker assault maps, most of the time the rebels won't do any damage to the AT-AT and than suddenly instantly destroy it)
>>
File: 1399084530567.gif (4 MB, 261x261) Image search: [Google]
1399084530567.gif
4 MB, 261x261
>>322378350
>Totalbiscuit
>Takes him 45 minutes to state an opinion most people can say in 2 minutes
>>
File: dh17.png (41 KB, 816x556) Image search: [Google]
dh17.png
41 KB, 816x556
>>322380245
>>322381091

It's even worse, considering that the best weapon in the game is the starter pistol, and it looks like a metal dildo
>>
I bought it from a CDkey site for $34, I think that's a fair price for it right? I haven't played it yet because it's downloading.
>>
The problem I'm having is variety in weapons. I know it has to be all lasers but I feel like they could have put more effort into making them feel unique and different.

Also the complaint everyone has about it being BF with a Star Wars skin? Complete BS. I wish that were true. It feels like BF in the sense that it's a FPS and that's about it.

I like it but it's too casual and forgettable unfortunately. It's still fun time to time though.

Also the cards are bullshit and should have been their own weapons, that card system is just cancer.

Honestly otherwise I don't hate the game.
>>
>>322381508

>reskinned battlefield

If it were that it'd be such a better game. It's very much not.
>>
>>322382356
Thanks to Youtube Red, the more people watch the more money you get. His viewers are trained to watch long ass videos. And Youtube Red now constitutes 50% of his income. His own words.

So while you can burp that Battlefront sucks in 2 minutes, he is milking retards for big money over an hour.
>>
>>322378054

I miss rolling. I think all the bitching about icons instead of live models of ships is ridiculous. Classes instead of customization would have been nice but certainly doesn't ruin the game. It's about 1/4 of the game content it should have had for the price.

That being said I paid 45 dollars and I've had that amount of fun already so as long as I can get the season pass for 30 dollars or so at some point I'll be happy.
>>
>>322381798

I played battlefront 1 and 2 extensively and I still like it.

I just knew not to expect battlefront 3.
>>
>>322382356
at least its more informative than the meme youtuber's shit
go back to >>>/wsg/ you footfag
>>
A few more things.

How about the fact that crouching and ironsights have absolutely no effect on accuracy, and aim assist is always on, even when you're not aiming down the sights. This means that you can run around shooting from the hip with the T21B and get kills across the map faster than if you were actually trying to aim.

How about the "card" system is total ass, and somehow failed miserably at trying to do COD perks? Nobody wants to fight with their teammate to pick up "charges" for using their own abilities, or use money to buy recharges. It makes no sense that half of the weapons in the game are on cards that you shoot once, and then get stuck on a 15 second cooldown.

How about that ground forces have no consistent form of anti-vehicle defense besides the ion torpedo
>>
>>322382726
What is the card system?
>>
>>322378054
It's basically the Candy Crush of shooters. Everything relies on luck and chance. No amount of playing will make you more or less skilled than other players. Your weapon choices don't matter. Teamwork doesn't matter. How you play doesn't matter.
>>
>>322378350
>incoherent rambling
opinion invalid, state precisely why dont talk about how you "feel" because you don't like EA

>>322382726
there are pretty much every variety of weapons imaginable in this game, your opinion is invalid, they have LMG, HMG, sniper rifles, pistols, blasters, rocket launchers, shotguns
quite literally everything

if they put out dlc and add bowcaster with hero unit thats quite literally the entire canon universe's entire variety of weapons. they already went heavy into creative liberty to bring the other weapons, youre bitching because they arent COD at this point

>>322378054
>>322378054
>>322378054
as for my reasoning, price point, quite literally just everyone's gut reaction to EA churning out a movie franchise game at the time of movie and it costing 60$

i bought it for 35$ i think off origin during the sale, and thats a valid price for the game

anyone that judges a game based off pricepoint is just a retarded consumer, you can always ALWAYS get the games cheaper than listed price
>>
>>322383794
I'd say that's about 90% true.

Memorizing the maps and knowing your weapon helps slightly, which does nothing in the game but improves your personal KDR

I do nothing but sprint around the capture the flag "cargo" maps with the silver dildo DH pistol and usually get about a 30:5 kd
>>
>>322383580
Perks effectively. >>322384089
>there are pretty much every variety of weapons imaginable in this game, your opinion is invalid, they have LMG, HMG, sniper rifles, pistols, blasters, rocket launchers, shotguns
>quite literally everything

AND THEY ALL FEEL THE SAME FAST PEW PEW OR SLOW PEW PEW
>>
>>322378054
I think the game is really fun and atmospheric and I absolutley have a blast playing it. The problem that I and most people have with it is the lack of content/maps/heroes/villains. You can literally unlock everything in a matter of days depending on your skill level and experience everything the game has to offer in a matter of a single day. DLC will make it better if EA does DLC right. But if you're paying $60 for a game you've been waiting for since you were a kid, like I did, Then you Should have access to FUCKING EVERYTHING. Not just a quarter of the fucking game.
>>
>>322380245
>>NO SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER
But there is
>>
>storm troopers without their helmets
>lack of customization and general laziness
>copy paste heads used for both sides
>Han Solo blaster being a usable weapon
>Chewie bowcaster being a Card
>Cards in general
>vehicles, or should I say lack of
>walker assault is laughably bad and easy
>other modes aren't star wars
>not being able to chose respawn point
>only 2 person squads

now some more real autist star wars fanboy complaints

>orbital strikes on Hoth when shields are still up
>in atmosphere Star Destroyers on Hoth when shields are still up
>wrong Luke
>no Hero customization, or atleast they should have different costumes for the planet that they are on
i could go on
>>
File: 1393794503761.jpg (2 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1393794503761.jpg
2 MB, 5000x5000
>>322378350
>short version
>sounds like a fucking nigger
>long version
>asscancer man spending 43 minutes to talk about why a bad game is bad
>>
File: that.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
that.png
7 KB, 400x400
Preferably this answer should come in a image, chart, or graph that can easily be reposted in any battlefront thread to demolish those who find enjoyment in it
>>
>>322378054
You're just mad that you can't pirate it
>>
>>322385042
>being entitled
>>
>>322383794

Lolno

I consistently post top of my team because I know how to utilize cards and terrain effectively

The only reason someone would out score me is if they hop in the at at
>>
>>322378054
Pay to win?
>>
>>322385729
>Cards effectively
Not too hard there bud
>Terrain effectively
Lolok, not like there's complex shooting mechanics

Getting up to a nice camp spot isn't hard and knowing to relocate after you've pissed off a few jar heads who'll just throw themselves at you.

The game needs to be more than just be the best killer, there is literally nothing more you can do in the game than kill more people faster its the only thing that has any impact in the game.
>>
>>322384425
>overly emotional raging response from emotionally stunted manchild
they literally don't if you played the game youd know this
>>322385156
>complains about customization
>complains about no customization
you're quite literally retarded shut the fuck up and stop shitposting
>>
It gets boring after 4-5 hours
>>
>>322385276
>sounds like a fucking nigger
>is the whitest person on YouTube
I understand disposing of a nigger's opinions but he ain't a nigger...
>>
>>322386056
>they literally don't if you played the game youd know this

Thanks for that retort. They all feel the same. You either attack fast and manage a higher threshold of your overheat bar, or attack slowly with a lower thresthold. All this means if you can place the dot on the target there will always be a best weapon.

Not like people aren't complaining about the Han blaster are they?

It's a shallow game with no depth whatsoever.
>>
>all those emotes that literally no one uses
>>
It's not a bad game but it's a bad battlefront and who has an Xbox one with the season pass for starwars
>>
>>322386332
>overly emotional raging emotionally stunted manchild now talking about his feelings
shut the fuck up
>>
>>322378054
It's not a bad game, it's just okay.
Doesn't have much to offer, especially compared to other shooters on the market. Paying $60 I would consider a mistake on the buyer's part. The $50 season pass just feels like insult to injury for those who already dished out $60 and were unsatisfied with what they got.
>>
>vehicles are power ups
>there's no button to exit the vehicle
>the only way out is to die
>>
>>322386504
You have literally no defense, kid. It's a bad game.
>>
>>322386018
Thiiiiiis. I keep trying to tell everyone the biggest problem with the game is everyone is doing to same thing slightly differently: killing. I would have taken a reskinned Battlefield 4 over this shit.
>>
>>322386607
>its a bad game because muh feelings
you are a retard
i can't argue with a retard, its pointless, you can call it a bad game all day but you havent given 1 valid reason for it being bad since this thread started , you retarded little manchild
>>
>>322386343
>WARGLGBARGLGARGLWARGL
>>
File: 1429237969023.jpg (125 KB, 698x1080) Image search: [Google]
1429237969023.jpg
125 KB, 698x1080
I only play heroes vs villains because its the only chance i get to play them since any other mode everyone just sits and waits for the power ups
>>
>>322387045
agreed on this, heroes and villains is more fun because the variety of characters
>>
>>322386842
No Space battles.
No prequel content
No plans for tie-in content with the movie
Retarded powerup-icon system instead of letting people run to vehicles and hop in.
Less fucking content than it's own sequel released 10 YEARS AGO.
>>
>>322387097
>>322387045
but also its not really a complaint because you're essentially the same camp as people who sit at spawn waiting for tanks/ planes to spawn in a battlefield game
>>
>>322386567
>there's no button to exit the vehicle

Except there is you dingus.
>>
>>322386842
There is like 20 different people explaining why the game is bad, even more articles and videos on the internet was well

Fuck off, EA
>>
File: 1433270610169.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1433270610169.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>322386842
See

>>322386018

A shallow game that boils down to being the best killer is a bad game. The power ups feel lucky to get e.g. any retard can get it and not help the team.

Lack of maps and good game modes. There is no way for new players to help their team and will get kerb stomped by higher level players with the better cards/some experience in the game, point being they are always a crutch.

It would be better if it was a BF clone, but its not. It's a complete arcade shooter with a lack of content.

Yeah, it's my feelings that are in the wrong here you shill.
>>
>>322387189
To add on to this dude, the variety of maps could have been a little more varied
>>
>>322386842
>you are a retard
>complains about "muh feelings" when the guy was talking about the way the weapons handle
Not that guy but you show the clearest signs of autism by not being able to distinguish emotions from physical handling.
>>
>>322387189
see this post is why im convinced youve never even fucking played the game even once in your entire life
you fucking got the battle for jakku map on the front page of that god damn game for the past month, yes motherfucker there are "tie-in"s
you're just committing verbal diarrhea spouting the bullshit kotaku article that was posted, no, you won't be flying around as the mary sue from the new movie, who gives a shit

your entire argument is "there is no" you haven't said one god damn thing about the game that is bad. you're a fucking retard and me sitting here arguing with a retard is a waste of my time, i got better things to do , im out you have fun shitposting like a retard
>>
It's bad because the first two were so unbelievably amazing and this one was nothing like them, people like consistency and this game wasn't consistent with the first two, making it bad
>>
>>322387189
>No plans for tie-in content with the movie
Never read much about the development, but wasn't there meant to be more tie-ins to the move beyond Jakku - which is so fucking weak and the only thing they are doing.
>>
>>322387703
wow autismo mad he called out your shitty game for lacking a ton of shit?
>>
File: 1445359611473.png (232 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1445359611473.png
232 KB, 500x500
>>322387703
>literally ignoring all of his arguements
Oh for the love of-
just fucking leave already EA, you aren't subtle.
>>
>>322387703
>Literally strawmanning the argument

LOL! Seriously what age are you?
>>
>>322387703
>being this mad
Why do you feel the need to defend this shit heap so badly? Did you even play BF1 and BF2 when they were released? Or are you just spouting shit about something you know nothing about?
>>
>no choosing spawn points
>no classes (or balance)
>star cards
>no space battles
>literally a small handful of heros and villans
>no rolling
>literally hardly any guns 1 or 2 good or unique the rest are all the same
>female black, helmetless storm troopers
>$120 day one DLC

game is sooooo bad
>>
File: 1451693098632.jpg (10 KB, 256x288) Image search: [Google]
1451693098632.jpg
10 KB, 256x288
>>322387703
Wait.... I know who you are....

https://youtu.be/mdn1s8FxrUg
>>
Is it true you only get to play as six different heroes?

I could've sworn one of the older games had near 20
>>
File: 1450474175275.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450474175275.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
The shooting is better than SW:BF 1/2 but it doesn't have as much variety.

It's still great if you're a Star Wars fan.
>>
>>322387857
>>322387903
>>322387925
>WAAAAH THE GUY WE'RE SHITPOSTING IS LEAVING WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

motherfucking jakku you stupid bitch, front page of the game, its been there for a month
its a planet from the new movies
you motherfucking retard

get your facts straight and come up with valid reasons why the game is shit, you retarded little manchild
>LE AUTISM XDDD!!!!!1
more like
>LE REDDIT!!!XDDD!!!! EA SUXXX!!1!111
>>
>>322388117
Luke, Han, Leia, Vader, Emperor, and Boba

And they've said before they have no intention of doing force awakens content besides the map, we dont know about prequel shit either
>>
>>322388152
We're down the rabbit hole now...
>>
>>322388152
You need to go the fuck away you've literally ignored all the arguments just because jakku is there doesn't mean shit. Also you dumb fag the Battle of Jakku isn't FA you dumb nigger
>>
unrelated but I got BLOPS 3 for christmas from a friend and.. it's good
it's still CoD but it's pretty fun
>>
>>322388435
>arguments
you stupid fucking nigger
you cant even get your facts straiht
youve never even played the fucking game

shut the fuck up youre a shitposter just admit it and move on you cancerous little faggot
>>
>>322388152
>No Finn
>No Rey
>No Poe
>No destroyed cantina map

At release SWBF2 came with Kashyyk, Polis Massa, Mustafar and even fucking Coruscant. They included Anakin and Obi Wan in their forms from Episode 3. There's literally no excuse. The fact is they could have had more Episode 7 shit but they rushed it to come out before the movie.
>>
there's just not enough stuff in it, you have to pay 50 dollars for the rest of the stuff and even then that's still not released
>>
>>322388435
I would say don't bother anymore, but the idea that its someone who took his life choices from this

http://pwned.nl/

tickles me
>>
>>322388592
Nah it'seems a bad game and you are either trying to justify your $120 purchase by shitposting or you are getting paid by EA to be here...
I keep replying in the hopes you are the former and you will get so pissed off you have a heart attack
>>
>>322388592
>shut the fuck up youre a shitposter just admit it and move on you cancerous little faggot
Pot, meet kettle.
>>
Hopefully they add Luuke.
>>
File: 20160102_161914.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160102_161914.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>322388592
Wanna say that again you dumb nigger, you are literally moving goal posts everything that's been said in this stupid thread is true, sorry you have autism and can't admit it
>>
>>322389135
>LE SCREENSHOT OF MY CONSOLE ! LE REDDIT WINS!111
>>
File: 1449690831828.gif (132 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
1449690831828.gif
132 KB, 400x267
>>322389135
Are you actually taking pics of your game to justify your shit purchase? Holy fuck.
>>
Because its so fucking obvious they kept so much content back for DLC and sequels
>>
File: battlefield1943pic1.jpg (218 KB, 630x354) Image search: [Google]
battlefield1943pic1.jpg
218 KB, 630x354
Anyone who thinks this isn't a reskinned Battlefield just isn't looking at the right Battlefield.

Look, you even have infinite ammo, regenerating anti-tank options and a phone game tier HUD. It even cashes in on a beloved franchise with shallow serviceable gameplay.
>>
>>322389234
>LE NIGGER MEME!!!11!
See I can that too....
>>
>>322389415
>posts undertale
>thinking he has any right to say anything
>>
>>322389415
Read the reply chain before you post.
>>
>>322389415
>doesn't read the other posts in the thread

retard
>>
File: homer.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
My parents bought me battlefront 2 for £25 when it came out and i played it for the majority of my remaining childhood (in addition to the first which i got later), loving every second i played on it.
I am now playing this battlefront and having a great time with it.

The real fucking problem here is that people who aren't interested in star wars and are merely looking for a new game to play, don't understand this this shit is for fanboys. It's the same reason TOR failed, it attracted hardcore MMO players looking for the next big mmo, and those people were disappointed.
>>
>>322389478
It'd be a better game orbit were a reskinned battlefield

As it is the game is just clunky as fuck. Like the decisions to make it was 3rd person to begin with was thrown in as an afterthought. I can't believe this was an AAA release. Garden Warfare has more depth
>>
>>322389738
It wasn't made to be for the fanboys, read what sales EA were projecting. They want(ed) this game be a cornerstone, a flagship franchise like Battlefield but with broader appeal, then release DLC to build on it in the battlefield way but it just has nothing really going for it.
>>
>>322389234
>complains about being called a shitposter
>called someone else a shitposter...
Here >>322388592
Seems legit...
>>
>>322389738
I disagree. I was a huge fan of battlefront and battlefront 2, as wel as starwars. The first thing that aggravated me about Battlefront EA was the lack of vehicles, but I stuck with it because Star Wars.

Then everything else came in to the light with the gay little star cards and awful map design. The only mode I can stomach still is Squadron, but even then playing as Imperials is a death wish. It's my biggest buyers remorse this year.
>>
>>322378054
Four maps and the loadout system is so bad. All the weapons don't even feel fun to use. Tokens instead of actual vehicles are dummb too.
>>
File: 1446366077977-4.jpg (88 KB, 544x483) Image search: [Google]
1446366077977-4.jpg
88 KB, 544x483
>>322389738
All this post is teaching me is that Star Wars fanboys are fucking idiots

Did you enjoy the sequels as well?
>>
>>322378054
it's not bad it's just that the game should have been 40 bucks and the rest of the DLC should have been 5 bucks per "expansion"
>>
>>322389738
I find it hard to believe you enjoyed the other battlefront
>>
>>322390362
>DICEA waggling their dick about muh atmosphere
>litters the war zone with tokens like its a fucking Mario game and makes nohelms troopers an option

jej
>>
>>322386264
Maybe your the nigger?
>>
>>322389548
Not him but
>reacts equally impulsive over an indiegame pic
>>
>>322390404
>sequels
Prequels
Fug :DD
>>
File: 1439341761920.jpg (98 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
1439341761920.jpg
98 KB, 375x500
>>322390614
top kek. they do such a bad job at explaining where they would be, especially the hero ones
>>
>>322390879
Nope, just trying to stick up for my white brethren...
>>
>>322385065
Yeah two player VS or coop wave battles where you can't change your load out or weapon once the game starts
>>
>>322385750
What do you have to pay to win? wtf, not even trying
>>
>>322391231
Do they even show up on the map?
>>
It's so empty.

The graphics are beautiful, but they've gutted all the content out of the game.

A BF4 clone would be superior to this pile of shite.
>>
File: 1441684046309.jpg (18 KB, 510x476) Image search: [Google]
1441684046309.jpg
18 KB, 510x476
>>322386567
>You can press E for 5 seconds to return to where you picked the vehicle up
Didn't even play I suppose...
>>
>>322391519
Not that I'm aware of. Not like the map is a good indicator of anything in this game.
>>
>>322387189
Man, the same game with all the things that battlefront 2 had would take 150gb
>>
>>322391795
i played the beta(or was alpha?) and didn't learned how to get ouf of the vehicle till the last day
>>
>>322390202
I can see why the lack of vehicles would aggravate you, especially when dice/battlefield are known for the vehicles, why ignore battlefront?
>>322391197
Yeah I did enjoy the prequels. I watched them when I was a kid, I had the original trilogy on VHS and got the prequels as they released. I still enjoy episode 3 a lot, but the first 2 can be grating nowadays.
>>
Cmon. Really? Even the most casual normie assassin's Creed loving cod sucking people I know irl hate this game. They're either disappointed they bought it and/or received it for christmas or they've got severe denial from what I've seen. Alot of people I know literally call it whack and a slap in the face and I'm inclined to agree completely. It has next to no content in context of the previous games, the combat is pretty barebones, the dogfights are tedious, you can only access vehicles as powerups, no tanks, no real classes, the cards, the fucking season pass cmon it's getting ridiculous what developers are getting away with now. This entire fiasco has made me realize that shills are real.
>>
File: 1437443997247s.jpg (4 KB, 125x83) Image search: [Google]
1437443997247s.jpg
4 KB, 125x83
>>322387990
>All the heroes and villains of the OT
>All the weapons from the OT
>Day one DLC not released at day one
>>
>>322392123
And if at the end you learned it why act like you didnt?
>>
File: image.png (441 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
441 KB, 750x1334
>>322391795
Doesn't matter when the people who did play (me) can attest to the game being filled with equally dumb decisions.

And also, it's pointless. In the five seconds it takes to respawn, you'll get shot down/fly out of bounds anyway
>>
File: wtf.jpg (22 KB, 400x269) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
22 KB, 400x269
>>322391795
>Accidentally hit E and destroy the vehicle as soon as you get it
Great fucking game
>>
>>322392181
>Yeah I did enjoy the prequels
>I still enjoy episode 3
That explains a lot
>>
>>322392181
Not only the lack of vehicles. The overall unpolished and poorly made nature of the game is why I quit playing.

But yeah. The lack of vehicles are what opened my eyes. The rest was a slow realization that I wasted my money. Glad I didn't get the season pass
>>
>>322388252
but didn't previous games have obi-wan, grevious, maul, and pretty much any other notable character from the movies?
>>
File: 1407279588861.jpg (67 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1407279588861.jpg
67 KB, 350x350
>>322392432
It takes a long time to leave the vehicle (you notice it, its not instant), and you see like a channeling bar in the middle of the screen>>322392415
while you are doing it, so you have to be literally blind or retarded to leave the vehicle without noticing.
>>
honestly, i got it for christmas and i like it. i can see why /v/ doesn't like it though. i hardly played the original battlefront games, so i went in with zero expectations.

i think it's fun. sue me.
>>
>>322389738
You're no starwars fan. I've camped out for every movie release since 1999 and can still admit the prequels sucked. KOTOR isn't perfect. Shit, battlefront wasn't even perfect, but this obvious attempt from a developer to rob consumers is giving me second hand embarrassment. Starwars is literally a corner stone of my life and this EA abortion just feels like making out with a hot, vapid broad for a night who's dressed as a half assed starwars character. The voice work is cringe worthy. Maybe EA should have spent more money hiring better impersonators rather than mass shilling Internet defenders
>>
>>322392415
Then don't try to leave it while you are in danger, I thought that was common sense. Did you just want to dissapear from air so you just dont get killed or what?
>>
File: meta.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
meta.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>322378350
Thread, it's really simple.

>no roll
>gunplay is as shallow as standing around and blasting at each other
>albeit, without classes every character has basically infinite range -- even because the ordinary blasters are OP
>sniper for any class, infinite grenades x2
>shallow vehicle play with automatic CDs instead of stamina (it's like QTE vs. action gameplay)
No roll, no buy.
>>
File: anthony fantano.jpg (70 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
anthony fantano.jpg
70 KB, 450x450
60 dollar game with only Four Maps
50 dollars more for a Season pass to get more than Four Maps

I'm feeling a big fat zero on this.
>>
>>322393228
You realize that at any given moment, without the ability to maneuver while exiting, you can be locked on to by ions, at-sts, or any newly spawning fighter, right?

Christ battlefront apologists are dumb.
>>
>>322393356
If there is even a battlefront 3 they should completely remove retarded rolls.
>>
>>322392974
Who are you to tell me what I'm a fan of? I like what I like, no random dude on the internet is going to change that ever.
Sorry about camping for the prequels, I never liked cinemas. I can agree with something being really off about the voice acting though.
>>
>>322393356
Leia rolls.

So it's pretty fucking dumb that the ability was removed from everybody else.
>>
>>322393658
>Who are you to tell me what I'm a fan of
But that's exactly what you were doing in your first post when you said the people who don't like the game aren't fans of Star Wars.
>>
File: 1446393279848.jpg (8 KB, 229x231) Image search: [Google]
1446393279848.jpg
8 KB, 229x231
>>322393746
>mfw I see Darth Vader whose is probably about 50 years old doing a combat roll
>>
>>322393538
Your opinion is completely invalid.

'Cause (no) reasons.
>>
File: 1439652024159.gif (967 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
1439652024159.gif
967 KB, 490x367
>>322393519
You can just stop exiting and maneuver if you see that someone is locking on you or you are in danger.

Christ people that didn't even play the game really hate it.
>>
>>322393910
So don't let Vader roll because he and Palpatine already have mobility solutions. Just like in BF2

>hurr
>>
>>322382509
That's what the pistol looked like in the OT.

And if you think that's the best blaster in the game, you are as retarded as this thread.
>>
>>322393951
>Evades splash damage from explosions directly below you
>Literally invincibility frames in an fps/tps
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>322394131
Can only maneuver so far if you're caught in the open, sometimes without even over reaching which normally means to just fagging beside a ramp or mountain.

Once the shot is fired there is next to fuck all you can do.

It's an shit solution to always, attempt, to have other players in vehicles.
>>
>>322393879
I can understand that my post kind of implied that
, but that's not what I meant & I am incapable of articulating what I do mean. You win.
>>
>>322394131
Except I did play the game and I probably got further along than you >>322392415

And it's a fruitless endeavor because when you make the decision to break your exit, you've already been locked and fighter cannons will knock out whatever the missile missed.
>>
>>322394239
I was saying the idea of it gave me a chuckle.
>>
>>322382726
Bollocks.

If it was BF reskinned it would actually be a better fucking game.
Lazy dice, cashing in and ruining a series.
>>
>>322394339
If a missle is coming you can F1,2 or 3 to evade it, shield up if you are using rebel ships/speed bost with imperials and fly away trying to make it miss.
I didn't understand the rest of the post.
>>
>>322394629
fug

Sorry anon. Now I feel like an asshole.
>>
File: wduadjnadjkdwj.png (54 KB, 956x590) Image search: [Google]
wduadjnadjkdwj.png
54 KB, 956x590
>>322394507
If you can get locked while you're exiting you were near any other ship or their respawn point (In danger) , and thats what I said previously...
>>
>>322395786
>>322394131
>>322393228
>>322391795
I was talking about leaving vehicles, didn't shill the game wtf...
>>
"You haven't played it" is one of the most overused textbook fanboy defenses. Come up with a new meme you children.
>>
>>322396115
That may be true when responding to someone talking about wether the game is good or bad, but not when someone just talks about things that literally don't happen in the game.
>>
>>322396426
such as, it has been spewed a few times in this thread to point out things easily missed and then disregard other points of the post.
>>
>reskin battlefield 3 for the 5th time
>resell it for 120$
>retarded people still buy it

-10$
>>
>>322396647
Except that's not true for fuck sake, its even worse than a reskinned BF.

IF you're going to parrot

>OPINIONS

at least do it correctly and make sure they are factual.
>>
>>322396426
95% of the time it's used in the former case than it is in the latter. Just look at this thread, just stating facts gets you accused of not having played it if it makes the game look bad. . The game had a public beta ffs, it's not like it's a hard game to get your hands on.
>>
NO

DEDICATED

SERVERS
>>
>>322384089

Holy fuck you sperg I'm not shitting on the game unreasonably.

Fucking yes I know they have your sniper, shotgun, assault varieties but all the weapons just can feel a little too similar at times which might be side effect of them being all lasers but still I feel like they could have done something. Also turning the bowcaster and sniper into cards is fucking stupid.

I like the game, but you have to admit all the weapons can sometimes feel just a little too similar.
>>
>>322378054
comparing it directly to battlefront 2 which came out a decade ago
>less vehicles
>less heroes
>no classes
>less maps
>no space battles
>no clone wars
>no instant action
>no galactic conquest
>no story mode
>no 3rd party enemies/allies
>online only
>no fucking rolling
>no mod support
what the new one does better
>graphics
>sound
>well optimized considering its looks
WOW THAT'S WORTH 60$ YES SIR-E
>>
>>322385156

>wrong Luke

They had decent reasoning to not use Hoth Luke but I still would have preferred that.
>>
>>322396647
I'd prefer reskinned battlefield though
>>
>>322380245
to be fair, most of the maps in battlefront 2 were barebones hallways with no aerial combat outside of space battles and all the heroes were copy pastes of each other and had the exact same animations save a few unique ones like maul and secura
>>
File: 1445819843406.jpg (174 KB, 750x974) Image search: [Google]
1445819843406.jpg
174 KB, 750x974
The game is the most casual, most fun, least stress inducing fps of the year. It's what I play after a shit day at work because I don't give a fuck if I win or lose, and I might get to play as motherfucking Sheev for a few minutes every game.

It's also easy as fuck to stomp. L I T E R A L L Y everyone is trash.
>>
>>322389738
fuck you cunt
i played BF1 and BF2 religiously when i was younger
this new game is fucking garbage
IT'S WORSE
THAN BF2, WHICH IS A DECADE OLD
THERE IS NO EXCUSE
>>
>>322381119
I stopped my sister from buying it for her kids for Christmas. I can only imagined the number of ignorant parents who got conned into buying it for their kids. I don't use "ignorant" as an insult, mind you, just that they didn't know.
>>
>>322380562
It sold on brand recognition and graphics alone.
>>
File: 1448220341177.gif (2 MB, 294x232) Image search: [Google]
1448220341177.gif
2 MB, 294x232
>>322378054
Casualisation
>>
>>322397836
Jesus christ dat ass.
>>
Can we all agree that $35 is not a bad price for it?
>>
>>322398241
>casualizing an already casual and fun game
how
what
how do they even do that
>>
>>322398315
no, vote with your fucking wallet.
>>
>>322397836
There are so many video games you could have played that are easy fun, yet you blow $60 on a beta?

Fuck off shill
>>
>>322398315
For five more dollars I can get Rainbow Six: Siege, one of the the best multiplayer games this year, from GMG

Fuck no
>>
File: 1441915764925.jpg (57 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
1441915764925.jpg
57 KB, 500x750
>>322398414
>implying $60 is a lot of money
>>
>>322398315
I wouldn't pay 1$ for it
oh, it's also going to be dead within the year
>>
If this is still on sale for a decent price by next week I'm deeply sorry to say I will probably buy it.
>>
>>322398585
relatively it is, doesn't matter how much you make a year its about how much a good game fucking costs

shill.
>>
>>322398585
There are games you could have bought that would have been cheaper

Dare I say it, but fucking Cawadooty Black Cocks 3 would have been better then this
>>
>>322398373
I did
>>
>>322398585
Sauce please, I can't image search on phone
>>
>>322398585
For 60$ I can get a dozen better games on Steam alone, right fucking now.
hell for 60$ I can get 3 better games at FUCKING GAMESTOP
>>
File: BsjTBTMCYAAuGR_.jpg (34 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
BsjTBTMCYAAuGR_.jpg
34 KB, 600x900
>>322398664
>>322398746
No shit there are games I could have bought that were cheaper. But those games weren't a Star Wars shooter. What's wrong with spending a few buckaroos on a casual game?
>>
>>322399000
As game development has moved back to what it was before the last crash.

Making games for money rather than for making games, and people like you don't help.
>>
>>322378054
>Feels like a COD clone, in more ways than it should be
>You get barely any content in the whole game, let alone if you want or only can play offline. Unlike certain game released a decade ago.
>Voice acting is horrible
>Vehicle tickets

I had fun with the coop heroes tho, but Palpatine seems to be overpowered as fuck which I like it, since I can torment my stepbrother with the Sheevspin.
>>
>>322398357
>Lack of any galactic campaign
>lack of classes
>lack of space battles
>lack of decent vehicles
>reduced number of guns
>reduced number of hero's
>no real need for aiming as guns are super accurate
>has gone from objective based military shooter to "twitch" shooter
Also suffers from evolvefall syndrome in which a online fps is made with substandard content by comparison to fps where multiplayer are extras.
>>
File: 920x920.jpg (49 KB, 920x613) Image search: [Google]
920x920.jpg
49 KB, 920x613
>samefag shitters still shitposting game 2 hours later
>literally all they will do on friday night
>alone
>in their dark room
>pretending they are having a good time because they are being overly dramatic about video games they don't even care about
>>
>>322393538
they should keep rolls but not make them so long, make it a short ranged roll taht can dodge something or help you dodge but not anything from say grenades and other splash damage things.
>>
>>322398357
With:
>Life regen
>No ammo
>Infinite grenades

Just to name a few.
>>
>>322378054
It devolved the franchise
>>
>>322399000
>What's wrong with spending a few buckaroos on a casual game?
1. Supporting EA
2. Supporting a game that even for EA standards is fucking terrible
3. You're being an idiot for buying a game on concept alone
4. You're running with a crowd of fucking idiots who don't play video games
5. You are encouraging developers to pander to this crowd
6. You are taking away money from developers who deserve it
7. You could have bought an actual good game
8. God dammit you could have bought CoD and it would be better then this
9. Even Doom 4 would have been better than this
>>
File: COUNTERACTION RISING.jpg (32 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
COUNTERACTION RISING.jpg
32 KB, 500x281
>>322399289
>Friday
>>
>>322399289
Stay salty, EA
Not even Reddit wants to buy your game
>>
>>322399113
lmao the videogame industry as a whole will never go back to how it was when the hobby was niche. Deal with it. The best anyone can do is support small companies who are still interested in creating more interesting, "hardcore" titles. Which you can fucking do while buying a few other fucking ez mode games to pass the time.
>>
>>322378054
Actually had potential to be a decent sequel if it was actually turned into a galactic RTS with FPS only available in battles and multiplayer but it was taken in the wrong direction by shitty devs and publishers to capitalise on new star wars.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 177x278) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 177x278
>>322399000
Saauucceeeeeeee
>>
>>322400146
Noela Imakon
>>
>>322400393
Thanks and nice trips btw
>>
>>322400628
You're welcome, but I wasnt the original poster
>>
>>322399620
The hobby wasn't even niche a while back,
shit like Destiny and Battlefront is honestly the most insulting garbage I've seen brace any market.

Again, out of all the easy mode games you picked the worst game of the year, why?
>>
why did the real battle front thread get deleted?
>>
File: 1451766327590.png (88 KB, 433x551) Image search: [Google]
1451766327590.png
88 KB, 433x551
>>322401538
This disturbs me too.
>>
>>322398585
fuck you it takes me almost 2 1/4 hours earn 60 dollars. Seriously fuck you. Privileged neet shitter.
>>
>>322378054
Because /v/ is a bunch of fucking morons that want to act "cool" and "patrician" when they're the worst kind of nerds there are.

It doesn't even make sense to argue about casualization when the franchise is owned by Disney and is basically the biggest franchise in the world (how much more casual can you get?), and the previous games were even MORE casual and lacked personalization, and shitty multi-player gunplay for even 2005 standards. And please don't tell me set classes are somehow a good thing.

/v/ just loves to bitch about anything and everything.
>>
This is why:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY
>>
File: 33179.jpg (173 KB, 1059x1331) Image search: [Google]
33179.jpg
173 KB, 1059x1331
>>322394331
>>322399376
>rolls mitigate splash damage
Prove it. Rocket launchers have tiny splash damage anyway, and I'm 99% sure there have been rolling soldiers taken out by detpacks.

What's the problem though? Git gud.
>>
>>322403982
The problem is that the games pretty boring senpai and anons will throw out any idea they think will make it interesting.

People WANT to like the game it just has nothing going for it
Thread replies: 213
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.