[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
autism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2015-12-02_00.28.15.png (633 KB, 1280x972) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-02_00.28.15.png
633 KB, 1280x972
I'm so sick of fucking Minecraft. I've been playing this shit for years, it's never once been satisfying, but I can't get away from it because I don't know any other game that allows for simple roleplaying on large online servers along with being able to create your own buildings and cities from scratch.

Are there any decent alternatives yet, short of simply making my own game? Anything that involves architecture, agriculture/resource management, the possibility of nation-building, and preferably some D&D elements?

Dwarf Fortress doesn't have multiplayer (outside of some unreliable mods); Mount & Blade doesn't have persistent online worlds or an in-game building creator. I heard Terraria is everything Minecraft promised to be, but playing a 2D platformer with a mouse is just too awkward.
>>
>>322377594
No.
Thats why its successful
>>
>but playing a 2D platformer with a mouse is just too awkward

It honestly is not.
>>
>>322377594
Terraria is not what you want, it's a metroidvania focused on exploration and boss fights first, and a creative block game second.

Try Wurm if it still has players, maybe look at Rust too, but I haven't played that one.
>>
roblox
>>
>>322377594

Haven and Hearth
>>
File: 2014-08-25_22.56.40.png (510 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
2014-08-25_22.56.40.png
510 KB, 854x480
>>322378330
A friend of mine played Rust and quite enjoyed it, but a few weeks later he was back on our Minecraft server, so that can't be it either.

From all I've seen it's restricted to an industrial/post-apocalyptic style too. I like how the shittiness of Minecraft graphics allows you to build all kinds of things, from Antiquity over Gothic and Baroque to Modernism. In any case it's only ever a simplified approximation of IRL buildings, made up of shitty cubes, but this allows for a lot of variety.
Other games of this kind tend to dictate a certain style because of their textures and art style.

>putting photorealistic high-res textures on 1x1x1m cubes
>>
>>322378330
>>322378421
I've heard good things of Wurm and H&H before, but are they still active?
>>
>>322379272
don't listen to him, H&H went to shit very recently
No idea how wurm is
>>
>>322377594

Gmod, to be honest. I've never been able to grasp building anything in that game, especially after playing the Battlefield 2 Sandbox mod for years, but it sounds right up your alley.
>>
>>322378012
>notch creates a new genre just to ruin it forever
>>
any good mc servers that have more than a handful of people playing? Haven't played in a while
>>
File: leninstadt.png (328 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
leninstadt.png
328 KB, 854x480
>>322381746
If you like vanilla, I'd suggest the Krautchan server.
http://minecraft.krautchan.net/doku.php
It's a *chan-friendly environment.

Griefing is forbidden (and any damage can be undone by the mods with a few commands), PVP is opt-in. If you want action, you can join a nation and join the occasional war, but you can also build peacefully with others, or retreat into some corner of the map as a hermit.
>>
>>322378407
That is even more autistic, even if the game engine allows for prettier archecture.
On the flipside, Terraria.
>>
>>322377594
Second life. While it's not quite as newbie friendly as most games, it's a virtual world pretty much with no set goals or objectives. There's tons of RP communities, everything from vampire to gor to high school to anything you can probably think of, however perverted it might seem.
>>
>>322379272
If you speak Russian or whatever pig latin BRs do.
>>
Starbound seems to be getting better, and has more potential for rp than Terraria, if you can look past the negative reputation it had at launch
>>
>>322377594
>Are there any decent alternatives yet, short of simply making my own game? Anything that involves architecture, agriculture/resource management, the possibility of nation-building, and preferably some D&D elements?
RCT2.
>>
>>322377594
there is always second life
>>
>>322377594
youve finally hit puberty boy. how bout you go try to have some sex and do something with your life instead of playing with digital Legos
>>
>>322384042
>doing something with your life
>on a New Zealand sheep shearing website.
>>
>>322384042
I wish I could play Minecraft IRL but there's no wilderness in Germany; no small islands to buy and to build huts on, no innawoods to go.

also
>giving up my wizardhood when I'm only 5 1/2 years away from it
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.