[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which Fallout protagonist is canonically the strongest?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 24
File: protags.jpg (453 KB, 3316x476) Image search: [Google]
protags.jpg
453 KB, 3316x476
Which Fallout protagonist is canonically the strongest?
>>
Probably the Courier.
>>
Courier, probably.
By the end of OWB you've got so much tech inside you you're basically the Major from GitS.
>>
Whichever one you gave the most Strength to.
>>
>>322363427
What if one has higher agility?
>>
Courier
He has Orky luck, is a Jensen-tier cyborg, has either complete or partial control of House's robots and has forged major alliances with factions spanning the entire West Coast
>>
The sole survivor
because his level cap is infinite
>>
Well, the lone survivor was in the U.S. military, and those guys were hardened af.

The courier gets shot in the head and lives, so it's hard to argue that.

The lone wanderer was a pussy.

Protags from 1 and 2 are too Role play centered to be "canonically" stronger or weaker than the others.
>>
Vault Dweller is canonically a speech build, Chosen One is stronk but also a sneaky/speech build. Lone Wanderer is probably an INT build Courier is LUC+CHA, Sole Survivor relies on Power Armor crutch
>>
Chosen One has a car. He wins by default
>>
You can go full cyborg with any of them, what's the difference?
>>
>>322363727
Protag of 1 single handedly took out the mutant problem that nearly overtook the wasteland, showcased the Brotherhood to be a bunch of pussies and started a colony of survivalists, hes most likely the single most canon-rooted protagonist of them all.
>>
The Vault Dweller was strong and beating The Master is impressive, but not enough

The Chosen One beat Frank fucking Horrigan so he's automatically contending for #1

Lone Wanderer didn't do fucking anything

Courier beat multiple armies, the Sierra Madre, Lanius, and Ulysses so he's the one contending with The Chosen One

Sole Survivor didn't do fucking anything either, neither he or the Lone Wanderer even had final boss's

Pre-OWB Courier vs Chosen One would be pretty even, but once The Courier gets augmented he's pretty much the most powerful person in the wasteland. Not to mention he effectively becomes the entire places protector, bringing in Big MT tech when necessary.

Which is all kind of funny considering he was just a mailman who was VERY dedicated to his job
>>
>>322363918
>Vault Dweller is canonically a speech build

Really? Where is that stated? Not trying to be antagonistic, just curious.
>>
>>322364210
>just a mailman who was VERY dedicated to his job
Yer a shitty mailman otherwise
>>
>>322364328

They went with the premade character Albert when it came to modeling who he was canonically in the later games.
>>
>>322364006
He crashed that shit in the Mojave, you can find the wreck in NV.
>>
>>322363687
This is the only correct answer
>>
>>322364362
It's one thing to just be good at your job but The Courier tracks down the guy who shot him in the fucking head twice and still delivers the Platinum chip
>>
>>322364436
Huh, never noticed that. That's neat. I always preferred the diplomatic solution to FO1, even though it kinda made the master look like an idiot.
>>
>>322363036
Courier because augs
>>
>>322364210
>Which is all kind of funny considering he was just a mailman who was VERY dedicated to his job

You have to be pretty fucking tough to be a mailman in a hostile place like the Wasteland.
>>
The Courier the only one with any sense of fashion
>>
>>322363036
Unlike TES we cant rate them on magical power shit so we have to rate them on their political strength. If we exclude companions as allies I'd say Sole Survivor wins this one.

BOS and Railroad aside, the Sole Survivor is the only one that has control of either a technological shadow state or an empire.

>Vault Dweller
Leader of a vault tribe, allies with BoS & NCR

>Chosen One
Effectively leader of the tribe now, so they're in control of a HECK-assisted super community. Other than that they're inherently hated by the Enclave but they're all gone now Unless bethesda decides to make neo-enclave dlc

>Lone Wanderer
BoS lapdog, controls possibly the only purified water resource in the wasteland (excluding Sole Survivor's settlement buckets)

>Courier
Probably the only one that has a chance if SS and Courier decide to fuck with each other.
On the assumption that the Commonwealth attacks the Mojave Wasteland:

>Minuteman vs NCR or Legion is debatable
>Minutemen vs House would probably lead to Minutemen defeat
>Minuteman vs Independent Mojave would be hard to tell since we don't know the long term outcome of our effect on the mojave, but I feel MM would win this one since it would basically be an organized state militia vs a state militia

>Institute vs NCR or Legion would be the same as Institute vs everyone in the commonwealth with coursers infiltrating as Ranger Veterans and Legionnaires
>Institute vs House would just be a robot war with the institute winning
>Institute vs Independent Mojave would end with mass hysteria on the latter's side
>>
The Courier is full cyborg by the end of NV.
>>
>>322363727
What are you talking about? The Vault Dweller is the most canonically mapped character in Fallout
>>
>>322363036
Courier > Chosen One > Vault Dweller > Sole Survivor > Lone Wanderer
>>
File: Fo2_Manual_Wanderer.png (8 KB, 371x502) Image search: [Google]
Fo2_Manual_Wanderer.png
8 KB, 371x502
>>322364661
It's implied that he became a hardened combat badass by the end of Fallout. Mainly from the fact that he charged into Mariposa guns blazing and blew the Master apart with a turbo-plasma rifle. He also says that he saw how much he had changed after being kicked out by the Overseer.
>>
>>322364098
It's accepted that canonically the Protags complete all of the DLC. By the end of Old World Blues, whether you get back your old organs or not, you still have significant cybernetic modifications in your body.
>>
The Courier has enough at their disposal to become an immortal cyborg god-king with an army of robots and other allied factions.

I haven't finished FO4 yet, but I assume the Sole Survivor can become the leader of the Institute. If so, they're probably the only one able to come close to the Courier.
>>
>>322366826
>Minutemen beating anyone
>especially an independent New Vegas and its Securitrons

And while the Institute has the resources they don't have the expertise, sure they can cause panic and hysteria with their synths but the second they go against an actual army what could they do? The BoS posed a threat to them in FO4, fuck, even the Railroad which consists of 10 idiots was too much for them.
>>
>>322367575
Could The Courier just teleport a huge fucking Robo-Scorpion into the Institute?

I mean, if the fucking Minutemen can successfully assault them it would be trivial for The Courier to with Big MT tech
>>
>>322363036
Courier
>>
>>322366826
>Minutmen
>Empire

The Minutemen are literally local vigilantes that wander around dressed up like retards that wait on farms to call for help so they can shoot some Super Mutants away.

Securitrons would wipe the floor with them. Think about, lore-wise, how well equipped they are:

>Grenade launcher
>Gatling laser
>9mm submachine gun
>Rocket launcher
>>
>>322366826
The Minutmen couldn't beat anyone. Especially not the NCR, Legion or Securitrons.
>>
>>322366826
Literally ANY faction in New Vegas would wipe the Minutemen out with minimum effort

Their equipment literally consists of shirts, rags, leather, double barrel shotguns, pipe guns, and laser muskets. They are all poorly trained and get their shit stomped by everyone in Fallout 4.
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 490x490
>>322363687
this fucking faggot...

its true though
>>
>>322366826
Independent Vegas would beat The Institute

The Courier has access to BOTH The Big MT and Sierra Madre in addition to being a cyborg who could probably just infiltrate and destroy The Institute by himself
>>
>>322366826
The Minutemen are literally only compared with the Desert Rangers, since they're similar in that theyr'e localized vigilantes without any real organization.

Even then, from what we hear from Tycho the Desert Rangers had master training and excellent gear, and even they barely managed to fight off the Legion scouting raids until the NCR rolled in.

The Minutemen would lose to pretty much everyone in the Mojave except for the raider tribes, even then they'd have their hands full without the SS to do everything for them.
>>
>>322367601
None of the factions against the Institute would have realistically won if it weren't for the protagonist; they're the only ones that would have "won" without help. If they didn't have the sole survivor, they would have had Kellog. I also consider the BoS that attacked them a powerful entity in the wasteland since it's arguably the most powerful iteration of them in the series.

>>322368115
>>322368213
>>322368346
>>322368698
The vanilla fo4 minuteman NPCs that you can call with flareguns are weak as piss no doubt about it, but I'm including all the settlers and settlements that can support them as part of the militia. These guys you can personally equip with weapons and armor. In retrospect though, it would still be a tough battle against trained soldiers. I'd wait for the inevitable DLC to compare the minutemen against anyone else seriously.
>>
My dick.
>>
>>322368812
Even if you equip settlers with the best damn armor in the game they still have pitiful health and go down extremely easily

A squad of Veteran Rangers could pretty much pick off the entirety of The Minutemen at a distance with Anti Material Rifles
>>
what you niggas seem to forget is that the courier has access to NUKES, something that the other ones dont have

courier wins automatically
>>
>>322369058
And holograms
>>
>>322363036
The courier.
>>
>>322369161
Including DLC makes it kind ridiculous

>Holograms
>ICBM's
>Robo-Scorpions, mutated plants, Cazadores, and all the other crazy shit from OWB
>Can just unleash the cloud if HE really wants to kill someone
>>
>>322369480
If we include DLCs, the lone wanderer has access to a huge mother fucking spaceship in space that can obliterate the entire west coast in minutes
>>
>>322369673
but anon
it was a dream
>>
>>322363036

Probably the Courier.

He's fighting several factions by himself. Later on creates alliances, wipes most of them out or bring them under his heel.

Can control legions of Securi-trons as well as the plant that makes em.

Can potentially become immortal through cyborg implants and House's technology.

Can control Vegas in the end.

Lone Wanderer and Sole Survivor didn't do jack shit compared to the Courier.
>>
>>322369058
have fun taking down sole at level 1000,
max endurance, max everything

that shit probably wont even hit thanks to that level 10 luck perk...
>>
>>322369881
no it wasn't you can come back there whenever you want

The lone wanderer is a big pansy but he also wins
>>
>>322369962
nukes kill you instantly
holograms have infinite health
the cloud pretty much corrodes your skin
>>322369980
its not canon
>>
>>322367804

Hell, even the Railroad can destroy the Institute.

They're toothless. Not as deadly and threatening as the factions in New Vegas are.

Legion would walk all over Boston.

New Vegas DLCs shows that the Courier has too many allies and an army at his back plus access to a ton of technology in the end.
>>
>>322369980

It was a meme joke DLC anon.
>>
fallout 1 and 2 are the strongest because their version of sniper gives 100% crit rate
>>
>>322370332
H O L O G R A M S
N U K E S
C L O U D
>>
>>322370332
bro just move out of the way :^)
>>
Isn't the Lone Survivor a war veteran? I'd say that makes him much more "powerful" (as in, more capable in combat) than vault dwellers and couriers.
>>
>>322370562
r u dumb or did you only play 4?
the chosen one kills fucking horrigan
>>
Without a doubt the most powerful group in Fallout is the Sierra Madre. Love or hate the DLC, Elijah latched on to something powerful there.
>>
>>322370687
The chosen one was a tribal with a friend who but sticks up his nose. Survivor would have a better time killing Horrigan.
>>
>>322370687
For all we know, that could have been a clutch moment.

Generally, someone trained to wage war is much more effective at killing people than the untrained.
>>
>>322370562
Courier was involved in the battle of hoover dam, so he was in the war.
>>
>muh strong cyborg Courier

Did you faggots even play Fallout 4? Kellogg was an augmented crazy ass cyborg assassin and he got his ass handed to him by the Sole Survivor
>>
>>322370562
Given what couriers have to go through in the Mojave, I'd say they make war veterans look like fuckboys.
>>
>>322370135
> nukes kill you instantly
only if you're a level 50 pansy

> holograms have infinite health
thats nice, let me just turn them off

> the poison cloud corrodes your skin
only if you're a level 50 pansy
you can also turn it off
>>
>>322370950
A war between two post-apocalypse factions. Lone Survivor took part in a pre-apocalypse war with all kinds of crazy tech in play and on a much larger scale.

Not to mention that being in one battle can't be compared to a longer tour of duty.
>>
File: 1429669849307.jpg (91 KB, 634x441) Image search: [Google]
1429669849307.jpg
91 KB, 634x441
>>322363036
Individually? Courier. He's effectively a cyborg by end of NV.
Overall? Warrior. General of the most powerful and pragmatic BoS chapter in Falloutverse, also backed by (and in 1 ending directly controlling) army of self-replicating robots.
>>
>>322371052
Scaling in Fallout 4 was weird as fuck. I wish they made the Kellogg fight later in the game but considering everything after him I'm not sure how they'd incorporate it.
>>
>>322370562
I think surviving in the wasteland would give someone at least as much combat experience as fighting in a war, if not more. All the player characters kill thousands of raiders and mutated monsters in their quests. If we're talking at the beginning of their games, then sure, the Sole Survivor would probably win then.
>>
>>322370916
>>322370938
in any case, all the other main characters do cool shit like killing the master, killing horrigan, blowing up the mobile base, and everything the courier did.
>>322371052
nukes clouds holograms
>>322371132
but you cant make your endurance infinite anon.
plus there is a limited ammount of monsters in the boston area anyways so you cant get infinite levels
and
>no im stronger lol )))))
>>
File: 02.jpg (42 KB, 1099x838) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
42 KB, 1099x838
>>322371210
fuck I forgot about that guy. He was badass
>>
>>322371260
Yeah, but then you also have to take into account that the Lone Survivor gets all that post-apocalypse practice in addition to his already existing training, too.
>>
>>322371398
he gets the post apocalypse training of killing ghouls in a farm cause he didnt do shit in fallout 4
>>
>>322371361
>plus there is a limited ammount of monsters in the boston area anyways so you cant get infinite levels
They just respawn
>>
File: Brotherhood of steel =^).jpg (33 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
Brotherhood of steel =^).jpg
33 KB, 500x322
where do these guys fit in?
>>
File: 13935086578547.jpg (169 KB, 501x700) Image search: [Google]
13935086578547.jpg
169 KB, 501x700
So on the topic of the Cloud in Dead Money, how would Elijah or the Courier manage to unleash it on the Mojave? Would they contain it in a bunch of some sort of gas canister and open them up wherever?
>>
>>322371504
he did a lot of shit
>>
>>322371504
I wiped out the brotherhood with a pipe pistol wearing nothing but my underwear.

Checkmate.
>>
>>322370332
Sniper perk + 10 Luck is 100% critical hit chance. 300% Small Guns skill is 95% hit chance on the eyes with an aimed shot at the greatest distance a weapon can fire. Better Criticals perk gives a +20 on the damage roll, guaranteeing that everyone single one of the shots to the eyes gives the target: Blindness, knockdown + blindness, knockout + blindness, or instant death. This is also without considering the HP or armor of the target. Also, either knockdown or knockout guarantees getting another shot, which then repeats the process. Even if he never gets the instant death roll, he can effectively stun-lock his target with shots to the eyes. If he wanted to stun-lock without trying for an instant death roll, he could shoot for the groin instead. With the above criteria, every shot to the groin is a guaranteed knockdown or knockout.
>>
>>322371504
He kills behemoths, deathclaws, sentry bots and clears entire super mutant settlements on his own, with little to no effort.
>>
>>322371669
Cloud nukes
>>
>>322371513
enemies respawning are not canon
stop trying to meme me you cunt, with that logic the sole survivor would survive the great war cause he is immune to nukes apparently
>>322371742
>brotherhood of 20 guys
step it up
>>
>>322371585
In the non-canon trash bin
>>
>>322371585
It's an alternate universe. But between fallout 2 and 3.
>>
>>322371669
If you side with Elijah at the end, you launch a REPCONN rocket filled with it at Hoover Dam
>>
>>322371862
nigger there are an infinite amount of metal coffins the sky, this is the best the brotherhood has ever been and they even got Liberty Prime back and they get BTFO
>>
is there anything that can take on the courier's securtrons though?
>>
File: culterlightart.jpg (106 KB, 800x582) Image search: [Google]
culterlightart.jpg
106 KB, 800x582
>>322372028
>>
>>322372010
liberty prime was not working when you assaulted them m8, it only works in the brotherhood ending quest
but to be honest all factions in 4 were shit
>>
>>322372189
in fallout numbnuts
>>
>>322372215
true that friend
>>
>>322370938
trained for completely different type of combat.
This is exactly why Army gives no shit about gang members joining military, because military combat experience ain't worth jack shit in gang warfare, where you have to work under radar of law enforcement.

Tier one vets joining mob would be more worrisome, but their training is the reason why most countries track them after they leave service
>>
>>322372028
Minuteman artillery, maybe
>>
>>322372028
In a straight up fight? Probably nothing, I doubt that even Coursers could withstand all those fucking missiles. If you got enough EMP grenades you probably could.

Even if The Brotherhood tried to get Liberty Prime to march on Vegas the Lucky 38 Laser Cannons would probably destroy him.
>>
>>322371862
>brotherhood of 20 guys
Lol you didn't attack the brotherhood that's for sure
>>
Doesn't the courier have the backing of the boomers as well ?
>>
>>322372028
Maybe the Chosen One could drive over all of them in his Highwayman? I dunno. I like the mental image of it, though.
>>
>>322372492
If they're still willing to cooperate after the Dam, then sure.
>>
>>322370135
>nukes kill you instantly
Good luck hitting me with nukes when I'm underground in the Institute
>holograms have infinite health
What are they gonna do?
>the cloud pretty much corrodes your skin
The cloud wont get through my maxed out power armor
>>
How could the Sierra Madre provide any benefit to anyone? You can't even harness 'THE CLOUD'
>>
The one in the game that lets you have max attributes and skills then showers you with perks because fuck balance and fuck making builds.
>>
>>322372492
That rules out any possibilitty of The Brotherhood standing a chance, The Boomers could just fly over and bomb The Prydwen with their B-29
>>
>>322372624
the institute is literally five(5) meters deep
anyways its obvious you havent played new vegas so fuck off
also, the power armors are not waterproof in fallout 4, so enjoy having your lungs being torn by red cancer
>>
>>322372681
Yeah, man. Leveling up to level 250+ is way too easy and makes builds completely unnecessary
>>
>>322372640
You can, that's what happens if you side with Elijah in that alternate ending. They get a bunch of it in a Repconn rocket and fire it at the dam which contaminates the area.
The holograms are another story though since they need those projectors to work.
>>
File: 1292030039999.png (9 KB, 523x271) Image search: [Google]
1292030039999.png
9 KB, 523x271
>The Enclave is so weak it's a non-factor now
>>
>>322372865
It's ok anon, I just pretend my settlements are a recreation of the Enclave and go on a rampage in the commonwealth.
>>
>>322372640
You can harness the cloud and use as a weapon judging by the Elijah ending.

And the vending machines effectively give The Courier unlimited resources like medical supplies and ammo.

And those vending machines are Big MT tech which The Courier ends up having full access to
>>
>>322363036
Courier or The Chosen One
the rest are shitters with limited influence
>>
Courier's backed by the Think Tank. Those guys pull miracles out of their nonexistent asses with NOTHING but each other even though they almost never work together. Fuckers don't have hands, equipment, assistants, one of them can't even talk and all of them are absolutely deranged. Now that Courier and Mobius are there to keep others in check, they could probably rebuild the world with a box of scraps.
>>
>>322373076

>unlimited resources

You still need to make chips.
>>
>>322373163
This
Not only the courier is the strongest, he has the possibily of rebuilding the world
>>
>>322372815
>the institute is literally five(5) meters deep
But it's not, retard. Remember the elevator down after you've been teleported fucking underground?
>anyways its obvious you havent played new vegas so fuck off
Yes I have, cuck.
>also, the power armors are not waterproof in fallout 4, so enjoy having your lungs being torn by red cancer
I'm the director of the institute now, I will agument myself and make water proof power armor, what are you going to do?
>>
File: 1435521387895.png (420 KB, 825x825) Image search: [Google]
1435521387895.png
420 KB, 825x825
>>322372851
>Securitrons for Offense
>Holos for Defense
>Red Cloud Killing Fields in between
>>
File: Behemoth_robot.png (749 KB, 988x624) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth_robot.png
749 KB, 988x624
>>322372028
even rockets don't do much to this fucker. Gauss Rifle, Browning M2 and EMP grenades are pretty much only things effective aganist that armor.

But general issue of Courier's army is that he can't make more Securitrons. Any loses he takes, he cannot restore. Calculator has robot factories, BoS even finds factory with nuclear-powered bomber in production.
Even NCR and Legion would eventually overwhelm them, if they were willing to deal with loses.
>>
>>322373483
>Courier's army is that he can't make more Securitrons
huh? I thought you activate a securitron factory at some point
>>
Couldn't The Courier have Borous mass breed Cazadores?

There's literally nothing that could stop an army of Cazadores
>>
>>322363036
Courier
His work ethnic is unsurpassed
>>
>>322373371
institute was killed by you, maxwell and a few goons
and
>yes i played new vegas
>what are holograms for?????
new vegas can keep making robots and >>322373638
stop trying to meme around with >le inifnite endurance!!!!
>>
Whoever took down the master.
Protags who are powerful bcause of DLC need not apply.
>>
>>322363036
new vegas protag had a terrible messiah complex in that DLC

probably that one because basically they wrote him into being "the chosen one"
>>
>>322373596

It's a vault with a ton of them, not a factory.
>>
>>322373483
>But general issue of Courier's army is that he can't make more Securitrons

Doctor O can make Securitrons in the Big MT. They don't have armor but they hit hard
>>
>>322373832
The hell you talking about?
>>
>>322373483
Pretty sure now that House and the Courier have full control of the Mojave, the dam and Big MT they could make whatever the fuck they wanted. House sure thought he could build spaceships at the very least.
>>
>>322373810
DLCs being completed are canon
>>
>>322369907
Courior's story is pretty self contained, most of the work you do is destined to fall apart anyway.
>>
>>322373832
The Courier was only the chosen one in the sense that deciding the battle of Hoover Dam was his destiny

Everything else was him just going places, fucking shit up and taking over
>>
>>322373884
To be honest it did sound like a factory at first, with the clashing metal and shit.
>>
>>322374038
DLC is for faggots. Screw theborderline synth,my money is on the guy who a actually did something that matters.
>>
>>322373308
That's pretty much all there is to say about it, really

The Old World Blues ending even says that The Courier reintroduces old technology, and brings new ones to the Mojave when they need it.

He's basically a post-apocalyptic cowboy cyborg Jesus
>>
>>322373308

This is my main issue with FNV. By the end of the DLCs you're practically immortal no matter what route you choose. Unless your character chooses to walk away from it all you're destined to be a powerhouse capable of taking over North America and rebuilding it as well. You can't just ignore that, even with the East/West split and different developers. The only other option is to pull a Nerevarine/Revan and have them travel off to god knows where to deal with an even greater, more unknown threat.
>>
>>322364526

>there was only one highwayman ever made

fullretard.jpg
>>
>>322373596
It's a warehouse holding pretty much entire pre-war production. Ones on Strip were sealed with with House in Lucky 38, most likely for personnal protection

When Courier asks House if he will use them aganist NCR and legion, he admits that he will still be overpowered in total war. That's the reason for Courier had to back NCR. Bled out NCR could be intimidated into retreat, Legion would most likely put up a fight, and war would kept going
>>
>>322373793
Institute ending is canon. You can't destroy the institute without the Sole Survivor.
>>
>>322374481
but you had to bring the guy the parts right? so its not like it was being made by a factory
>>
Who stands the best chance at stopping The Tunnelers?
>>
>>322374656

Courier, obviously.
>>
>>322373832
Courier got to be the chosen one because he MADE himself the chosen ones through his actions.
>>
>>322373903
De-construction plant? It was not factory, it was scrapyard built because O could not figure out why House's Securitrons are better than their own robots.
>>
>>322374656
elijah and courier
put clouds over the divide
>>
File: tunnelsnakesrule.jpg (453 KB, 836x717) Image search: [Google]
tunnelsnakesrule.jpg
453 KB, 836x717
The Lone Wanderer wins because he's with the Tunnel Snakes.
>>
>>322372318
>military combat experience ain't worth jack shit in gang warfare, where you have to work under radar of law enforcement.

Actually many gang members make good use of their military experience, mostly in the proper use and maintenance of firearms, urban combat (corner checking, fields of fire, cover, etc), as well as logistics and organization.
>>
Would Ulysses eventually leave The Divide and join up with The Courier in the Independent ending?

The two of them together would be pretty formidable
>>
>>322370135
>>322370271
>the spaceship was just a joke
>OH MY GOD WHY CAN A GHOUL LIVE FOR 200 YEARS IN A FRIDGE TRIGGERED WORST GAME EVER RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>322375036

Goes the other way too. Gangbangers were used effectively to secure bases from intrusion. They know how to protect turf.
>>
>>322374656
with Queen dead, they will die out like Wanamingos did. Slowly, but eventually.
>>
File: 3645286.jpg (67 KB, 700x484) Image search: [Google]
3645286.jpg
67 KB, 700x484
the real question is

silverback vs kodiak
>>
If Ulysses is alive, I believe so after some years, since if he's alive he says that he will stay there so nothing in the Divide goes to the Mojave, if I remember correctly.
>>
Courier is one of the most powerful men in post- apocalyptic world.
>>
The Sole Survivor was pre-war military. He would have had training and experience that went well beyond the others.
>>
>>322375109
I don't think i would trust Ulysses as an ally. Motherfucker is really mentally unstable.
>>
>>322375475
He's the most sane character of all Fallouts, though, and is completely right about nuking NCR and Legion.
>>
>>322375456
Military training wouldn't apply to most situations where you're on your own with no back-up
>>
>>322375456
courier is cyber jesus
now fuck off
>>
>>322375475
Talking him down with the tape speech checks seems to make him realize that. Plus, Independent Vegas is pretty much what he wanted Hopeville to be
>>
>>322375036
>Actually many gang members make
Stop this shit.
>>
>>322375456

Courier has a robot army to hide behind.
>>
>>322375456
Being in the Army won't help you fight the guy who beat Legate Lanius
>>
>>322371052
But anon, wasn't Kellogg only part Synth-part Human?
>>
>>322375863
Stop what shit anon?
>>
>>322375952
Or who talked Lanius down. Or who allied with Lanius.

New Vegas doesn't have one ending only.
>>
>>322375971
He was a cyborg, not a synth. In terms of being built up to be a total badass he was more along the lines of Courier-lite.
>>
>>322374096
>Courior's story is pretty self contained, most of the work you do is destined to fall apart anyway.
Not necessarily true. If Courier actually sticks around to lead and shit he can keep it going for a while.
>>
>>322371052
Kellogg really just wasn't very good.

He's supposed to the baddest guy around but his resume consists of beating some shitty gen 1 synths and completely botching his most important assignment by killing 33% of the pure gene pool. The courier is on a different level
>>
>>322374096
Not at all.

The good karma Independent ending pretty much secures Vegas as a major stable power.
>>
>>322375720
Anon. Come on.
>>
File: 1444141152043.png (430 KB, 824x720) Image search: [Google]
1444141152043.png
430 KB, 824x720
>>322371052
ok

The answer is still courier because jensen tier augs
>>
>>322376292
Which courior is canon courior?
That's the other reason this is weak.
"Hey what about this guy?"
"Well my dude has so many endings and has all these out comes so I win!"
>>
>>322375456
Judging by Broken Steel, the pre-war military isn't very impressive when they're not wearing power armor
>>
Courier, probably.

Definitely not Lone Survivor just by the fact that if it came down to a power armor duel hes fucking done because everybody elses power armor lasts forever and his doesnt.
>>
>>322376324
It wouldn't. Most military training is about fighting as a team and using air/artillery support. A sniper might survive, given how effective they are in every fallout game but really a hunter/survivalist (a real one, not some fat confederate flag waving redneck) is the one who is going to make it.
>>
>>322363687
The level cap in F2 is 99 though and has more OP perks and equipment than Fallout 4.
>>
>>322376584
I'd say operation Anchorage shows that a bit better.
>>
>>322376883
Yeah, that's what I meant
>>
File: Ishmael_Ashur.jpg (397 KB, 910x650) Image search: [Google]
Ishmael_Ashur.jpg
397 KB, 910x650
I really hope there is a sequel of sorts to the Pitt.

I'd like to see Ashur's dream of Dominion come true.
>>
>>322375036
You mix actual military training with basics even airsofters understand and follow. That's a long topic, to put it short combat training goes by law of diminishing returns. Basics that make biggest difference are also easiest to learn, even at local range or at survival camp
>>
>>322375254
Bear. No one fucks with bears.
>>
>>322376757
To be fair, a redneck would at least know how to kill and cook his own food. Unlike most soldiers.
>>
>>322363036
Power level wise? The Courier

The Vault Dweller is canonically the biggest badass motherfucker though
>Volunteered to go out into the wasteland when it was still in a very shitty post-apocalyptic state
>Managed to explore and survive the Glow
>Took out the super mutants almost entirely on his own, despite most likely having minimal combat experience before leaving the vault
>After going through all sorts of bullshit to save the vault only to get permamently kicked out, he just promptly goes back out into the wasteland to form his own tribe
>>
>>322378112
The Chosen One and Courier are both bigger badasses

The Chosen One always has a funny quip ready, gets laid everywhere he goes, becomes a Porn Star Prizefighter AND Made Man, defeats the entire Enclave, made a new tribe after his got wiped out, and he knocked up a mob bosses wife

The Courier was literally just a mailman who starts off as a necessary casualty in Bennys plan and ends up turning himself into Wasteland Jesus
>>
>>322378571
The Vault Dweller had the hardest life, minimal outside assistance, the weakest arsenal in comparison to other protagonist and didn't have the privilege of living in a civilized wasteland like the chosen one and courier
>>
File: TUNEL SNAKES RULE.jpg (21 KB, 480x447) Image search: [Google]
TUNEL SNAKES RULE.jpg
21 KB, 480x447
>>322374997
>>
>>322363687

Fallout 4 isn't canon
>>
>>322380387
This. I'm applying death of the author in full force.
>>
Bethes should make a quest where you have to fight the protag from another Fallout game and he/she would be ridiculously strong like that Ebony warrior dude in skyrim
>>
>>322381319
Only if the protag is the Lone Wanderer or Sole Survivor
>>
>>322374997
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ximxe4XtU
>>
Which elder scrolls protagonist is the strongest?
>>
File: 1432349363855.jpg (9 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1432349363855.jpg
9 KB, 300x169
>>322380387
>this meme
>>
>>322384358
sheogorath
>>
>>322384358
Well, the Hero of Kvatch became Sheogorath.
>>
>>322364328
Bethesda stated that Albert is the Canon VD
>>
>>322384358
>>322384585
Dragonborn has free access to Apocrypha. I wonder how Bethesda is going to top THAT.
like they care about consequences for lore
>>
>>322386650

He becomes Mora's bitch like Miraak did.
>>
>>322386650
I bet the next TES protag is going to bring down the Aldmeri Dominion.
>>
The Fallout 4 guy, because he's the newest and writers always like to make their new guy the strongest.
>>
>>322363918
>Sole Survivor relies on Power Armor crutch
no he/she is stealth sniper. possibly druggie
>>
File: rey.png (351 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
rey.png
351 KB, 450x600
>>322387030
true dat
>>
>>322363036
In terms of meta, Sole Survivor because lol no level cap

But canonically, its easily the courier. The guy (or gal) is a potentially a cyborg science director who brings the state of Nevada personally under his/her control beating the Roman Empire lite and High tax expansionists.

Also courier has motherfucking Survivalist Rifle.
>>
>>322387030
he hasnt done anything more impressive than all other one so far.
maybe he can build stuff.
>>
File: murican.jpg (158 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
murican.jpg
158 KB, 500x375
>>322363727
>Well, the lone survivor was in the U.S. military, and those guys were hardened af.
then why do they all kill themselves lol

>americans
>>
>>322364210
>Chosen one
my nigga
>>
>>322384358
All of them are pretty fucking massively OP
Even before the suggestion that they all can know CHIM
>>
>>322387550

Don't worry. The DLC will make him president of something, and a master of chi-jitsu who can use radiation to cast spells.
>>
File: Kain.jpg (890 KB, 1920x1350) Image search: [Google]
Kain.jpg
890 KB, 1920x1350
>>322363036
kain
>>
Sole Survivor seems weak as shit honestly

all he does is take down a small uprising of androids that aren't even really as good at fighting as normal ass humans are
seriously most synths are nothing but cannon fodder
>>
>>322387926
>The DLC will make him president of something
Of the Minuteman? Of Boston? Like my New Vegas?
>>
>>322364210
>he
>>
File: 1425948514466.png (184 KB, 517x359) Image search: [Google]
1425948514466.png
184 KB, 517x359
>>322387971
only if he has prep time
>>
>>322388779
he's pretty physically competent, as well as having in his possession a host of useful abilities to confuse and assault the FO protagonists. i think he would hold well and potentially beat any of them with not only physical, but psychological warfare
>>
>>322372624
>good luck hitting me when I'm underground

I'm pretty sure that a nuke will hit something 10 feet underground
>>
>>322388779
>>322389254
>>322387971
>the bombs fell because kain refused the sacrifice
>>
>>322363036
Also remember sole survivor is going to live forever if you get the serrum.
>>
>>322390858

oh yes the magical alium live forever serum

FO4 is so stupid...
>>
File: 1430851150467.gif (546 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1430851150467.gif
546 KB, 255x255
>>322391007

Don't forget they found it in the Mojave Desert, where there's canonically definitively nothing but a hidden alien city.
>>
>>322391007
is this an actual thing? holy shit
just become a ghoul or the new synth shit or whatever you pussy
>>
File: image.jpg (199 KB, 1062x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
199 KB, 1062x1062
>>322391420
>Bethesda will retcon all of New Vegas for a shitty DLC
>Todd's face when
>>
>>322375456
only male sole survivor is a vet.
>>
>>322363918
>Courier is LCK+CHA
I get luck, but CHA? That shit was useless.
>>
>>322386853
>bring down the Dominion
but the Numidium will do that
>>
The courier, most of the other protagonists were born in vaults, the courier most likely wasn't, and he was shot in the head, defeated the think tank, Ulysseus, Father Elijah, and a bunch of mentally handicapped tribals, only one that rivals is, imo, the lone wanderer because he defeated the whole pit, a full mothership full of aliens with better tech, and a bunch of mutated rednecks at point lookout, and he was only 19, which makes him badass in my book.
>>
>>322394938
Also not to meantion he spearheaded the destruction of the Enclave, a highly trained advanced military outfit
>>
Courier defeats the Legion who is pretty much the most intimidating faction in the entire FO canon up to this point
>>
>>322372028
the instate probably has enough synths to beat them
>>
>>322363036
Chosen One > Vault Dweller > Courier > Lone Wander > Sole Survivor
Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.