[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, has Nintendo ever heard of sales?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 24
File: nintendo-eshop-downloads.jpg (32 KB, 400x241) Image search: [Google]
nintendo-eshop-downloads.jpg
32 KB, 400x241
Hey, has Nintendo ever heard of sales?
>>
You mean selling or price reductions?
They have had sales and discounts on the E-Shop from time to time.
>>
>>322356393

>expecting the most jewish company in existence to actually make sales

Even fucking EA of all things makes sales. Nintendo is a company that literally sells decade old games such as Mario Kart DS for fucking FULL price to this very day.
>>
>>322356541
This

OP you're just a dumbass
>>
File: image.jpg (179 KB, 760x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179 KB, 760x629
>>322356393
I only buy Nintendo games on sale, most people here don't know what it means to be a true poorfag
>buy refurbished wii u
>ALWAYS wait for sales before buying
>constantly trading all sorts of shit like steam keys, older games and ERPing for clubN download codes
>save hundreds upon hundreds of dollars by playing it smart

Step it up OP
>>
>>322356768
Nintendo games retain their value by being good.
Activision/EA/Ubisoft garbage drops in price after a week because nobody wants it anymore after completing the shit 4 hour single player mode.
>>
>>322356393
i'm assuming OP mean sfirst party game sales.

in which case, no, nintendo has never heard of sales

>1st aprty sales on a different franchise every week back when sm4sh came out, god knows how long ago.
>black friday sales were literally 2 games per day, price drops were 35% at best, meaning most games were still over 30 € / $

>but muh devaluing!

shitheads
>>
How about just buying the game you want for about 10 dollars and actually playing it, instead of waiting for Steam-style sales where you buy 10 games for 2 dollars each which you never even end up playing.
>>
>>322357527
Yes, Nintendo games are amazing, but so are Sega games, and Sega sells a shit ton of their Genesis games on Steam for $3. And I think Nintendo sells Genesis games for like $6 or some stupid amount.
>>
>>322357981
Pretty sure it'd be near identical if the roles were reversed. Nintendo can charge what they want due to still having their own platform to sell software on.
>>
>>322357527
>Nintendo games retain their value by being good.

I love this age old nintendrone excuse for blatant bullshit.

Fuck off. Nintendo games are nothing special and there's no reason at all aside from jewing to keep their bloated prices.

Demand doesn't stay high for fucking decade old games you doofus. This thing doesn't even sell anymore and yet they don't lower the price.
>>
>>322356393
>bought shitton of Nintendo games on Wii U and 3DS during the E3 sales
>got a lot of nice things on the 3DS eShop during the holiday sales

Seems like somebody's just sleeping through it.
>>
>>322357527
>Nintendo games retain their value by being good.
This is some of the hardest shilling I have ever seen. Holy shit, do you actually work for Nintendo, or is their cock just that deep in your throat?
>>
>>322357527
So Brawl deserves to still be 35 bucks because it's 'good'?
>>
>>322356393
Nintendo doesn't willingly devalue their titles like other business models. Generally other companies will encourage price reductions after they start making a profit, Nintendo almost ALWAYS makes a profit on their titles, part of that is branding and part of branding is not to devalue your titles.

Say what you want about it, but it's been a smart move for them as they've consistently made profits year after year, this is the same reason they've been hesitant to compete in the hardware realm: Why spend so much capital to compete with the other guys when for a small investment you can guarantee a safe return?

On one hand I think it's dumb, I'd like to see more title sales at a reduced price which might move more consoles, which might attract more devs etc. but the current Nintendo business strat has been working well for them.
>>
>>322358468
Fine, pay $5 for your individual NES games, while I buy a bundle of Genesis games for $7.
>>
>>322356393
maybe one day nintendo will learn from valve and sony about having decent sales

until then enjoy 2% off Mutant Mudds and other shitty indie games
>>
>>322358717
If the market demands it.

Other M hit bargain bin prices in a matter of weeks.
>>
>>322358598
>Fuck off. Nintendo games are nothing special and there's no reason at all aside from jewing to keep their bloated prices.

Nintendo's business model has been working out pretty well, cry and bitch about it all you want. Nintendo takes your elementary school level market knowledge and shits all over it while making a ridiculous profit.

In the end what's good for the business matters, I'm sorry you're deluded enough to believe companies should serve you.
>>
>>322358775
It's kept their brand strong but it's prevented them from doing anything exciting or innovative. Nintendo is like the board game company of video games now, they just make 5 hour experiences that you put away in your closet and forget about when your done with them.
>>
>>322359086
fuck off reggie

this is why i pirate your shit you know
>>
I don't know what people in this thread are talking about.

I bought Hyrule Warriors, Kirby: Triple Deluxe, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, all Zelda virtual console games and Metriod Prime Trilogy all on sale, and I also got NSMBU for free.
>>
>>322356393

They have sales every thursday, but first party games almost never go on sale unless it's some cyber monday/black friday/christmas/specail event sale.

Not even the fucking virtual console games ever really go on sale, I'd love some official SNES games right on my gamepad but I'm not paying 8 fucking dollars for them, especially when I'm not sure if they'll transfer to NX, or before Nintendo has some kind of account system up and running
>>
>>322358861
Other M is still full price at my local Walmart. Same with Wario Land: Shake it! and Kirby's Epic Yarn.
>>
>>322358861
Terrible example. Nobody would want that shit anyway. Hell, not even for free.
>>
File: 1361928321277.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1361928321277.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>322356393
they always have sales

you can get 40% shovel-ware all the time
>>
>>322358861
The market does demand it, Nintendo doesn't know how to read the market, which is why they're sales are dropping year after year.
>>
>>322359195
And as much as you think you're hurting anyone by pirating a game, you're not. Nintendo will keep making ridiculous profits, no matter how many games you pirate and no matter how much you cry.

The fact that you'd even PLAY Nintendo games despite your bitching and pirating shows how powerful Nintendo as a company is.
>>
File: But that's wrong.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
But that's wrong.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>322359535
>they're sales are dropping year after year.
>>
>>322359086
>nintendo
>making a ridiculous profit
Try harder, idiot. Nintendo hasn't been doing well for years now. The only thing keeping them afloat is the DS line.
>>
>>322359535
>they're
How in the fuck does anyone make this mistake in 2016 (TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN)
>>
>>322359334
All Zelda and Kirby virtual console games have been on sale.
At least they have in Europe.
>>
>>322359738
Autocorrect on mobile keyboards.
>>
>>322359391
This is surprisingly true
>>
File: squish.jpg (86 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
squish.jpg
86 KB, 640x480
>>322359572
well i'm glad you feel that way since retards like you will foot the bill for me
>>
>>322358861
When a Nintendo game's sales start to slow they just stop producing it rather than reducing the price. You have the option of buying the game at near full price when it is new or paying near full price for it used/digital when they stop production.
>>
>>322359859
The first thing I did when I got a smart phone was to disable autocorrect.

>>322359334
They already have an account system though.
And there's nothing stopping you from playing your virtual console games on your Wii U after the NX is out.
>>
Nintendo games don't go on sale, because they know that you're going to buy them. It's a similar situation to Atlus and their $10 tax. They know their Fanbase is going to buy their games as soon as they drop, so they charge an extra $10. To be fair though, their games hit the $20's and $30's all the time after a year or so.
>>
>>322359165
I wouldn't say they haven't been innovative, their last two consoles were radically different from the market. In fact the Wii took the market by storm and helped shaped the industry's move into immersive technologies like VR.

They've pumped out a few new IPs like Splatoon, Xenoblade, Steel diver (multiplayer). I'd agree that overwhelmingly their IP pool is stagnant, but it's not as if they haven't done anything new.

I really would like to see Nintendo focus on some kind of console/handheld hybrid, release their deathgrip on their IPs, and open up development.
>>
>>322359790

I've only had a wii u for about a year, so maybe they blew all of their sales before I bought it. Since I've had it I check almost every thursday and every sale and the best only shit I ever really see is captain toad, pikmin 3, kirby's return to dreamland, and starfox command
>>
>>322356541
Nintendo only has sales on shit that don't sell well or on third party games. Never on any of the popular first party titles regardless of how old it is.
>>
>>322360071
>The first thing I did when I got a smart phone was to disable autocorrect.

?? I don't actually give a shit but good for you.
>>
>>322359859
But that's wrong. If the autocorrect chose "they're" is because he at least wrote "theyr", so he made a mistake anyway.
>>
>>322358598
>Demand doesn't stay high for fucking decade old games you doofus
So you don't want those old games, Anon? Then what's the problem? If you don't want them, don't buy them.
I think the problem is you DO want their old games (demand) but you think they should be cheaper despite the demand. (yours)

Nintendo know exactly which of their games are worth money and which aren't. And the prices reflect that. Get over it.
>>
>>322356541
>You mean selling or

How pedantic can you get?
>>
>>322360071
>They already have an account system though.

No they don't

>And there's nothing stopping you from playing your virtual console games on your Wii U after the NX is out.

Nope, sorry, I'm not going to keep both hooked up to my TV to play games locked to an account. If they aren't going to let them transfer up, I'm done buying eshop games and the NX will probably have to wait a couple of years if it is going to be competing directly with my wii u's library.
>>
>>322360092
Also I'd like to see a more unified virtual console with as many titles a possible for as cheap as possible. Anything to get more people to pick up Nintendo consoles.
>>
>>322360186
It's pretty easy to be second-guessed by Android's gesture-typing, which is otherwise great and I don't know why Apple hasn't implemented their own yet.
>>
>>322359590
Yes it is, the gaming market is bigger than its ever been but the WiiU and 3DS are the worst selling mainline hardware that they have ever had.
>>
Preese undastandaru nintendo game have varure no sale for you!
>>
>>322360389
There's so much wrong in your post it's not even funny. Get your facts straight, for fucks sake.
>>
>>322360326

This. I love the concept of the virtual console and would pay money for them over emulation. But charging out the nose for every game, not making them transferable between systems and dragging your feet and sometimes only putting out one literally who NES game a week is disgusting. Nintendo has a long way to go if it thinks its service competes with emulation.

If I have fucking punchout on the wii u, I shouldn't have to rebuy it for the 3ds
>>
>>322360582
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/hard_soft/

Stay in denial kiddo. Their sales is public information because they are a publicly traded corporation.
>>
>>322360541
>undastandaru
>undastandaru
>za concepto of rabu
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (10 KB, 362x152) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
10 KB, 362x152
With the recently implemented account system in japan they also started giving out discount coupons, but I don't have any of them at the moment.
>>
>>322360389

>3DS the worst selling mainline hardware that they have ever had.

Yeah 53 million is much lower than their other handheld sales, but even that much has completely and utterly destroyed the other handheld "competitors."
>>
>>322360796

I'm very interested in their rewards system they were talking about. It kind of makes me sad that as soon as I have lots of disposable income and actually start buying a lot of nintendo games, is when they kill club nintendo
>>
File: legend_of_dark_witch1.png (365 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
legend_of_dark_witch1.png
365 KB, 642x362
Uhm, Legend of Dark Witch was on sale.

That game's pretty good.

all my waifus btw
>>
>>322356393
I believe fire emblem awakening has been in sale only 1 time in all those years so keep that in mind
>>
>>322360864
And they've also been making a profit on every sale.

Unlike their competitors MS and Sony who've put themselves in the black trying to outcompete eachother in hardware RnD.
>>
>>322360864
I'm not talking about their competitors. I'm talking about Nintendo and how year after year their sales are declining because they don't know how to read the market.

They are ridiculously antiquated even for a Japanese corporation.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (22 KB, 291x176) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
22 KB, 291x176
>>322360796
Here
That isn't to say I never recieved them.
I just never used them in time.
>>
>>322356393
>mario game comes out at $60
>3 years later game drops down to $58

pretty sure nintendo knows about sales, idiot.
>>
>>322361267
what are they coupons for
>>
>>322360656
>taking the raw numbers at face value without considering the context
How cute.
>>
>>322361434
Dont forget
>Used ONLY
>Refurbished product by NINTENDO.
>>
>>322361223
>They are ridiculously antiquated

Despite absolutely dominating the handheld market and making profits constantly.

Sure even their "worst" selling handheld is destroying the entire world handheld gaming market. That's the only merit that matters. You can't force a console in everyone's hands, you can only deal in the market numbers, and despite this wriggling you're trying to do Nintendo is is absolutely dominating.

oh god it's hilarious watching shitters squirm around the market, the only reason for companies to exist.
>>
>>322361438
40% off a few select games. They're no longer valid so they're gone and I can't see what titles were on sale at the time.
>>
File: 1436787759844.png (331 KB, 494x586) Image search: [Google]
1436787759844.png
331 KB, 494x586
>>322357527
>>322359086
Nintendo Corporate Enthusiasts say pretty interesting things sometimes.

Quite amusing really.
>>
>>322356393
Atlus is the only motherfucker that dares to put all hia games on sale every once and then, its like nintendo really hates easy money
>>
>>322360249
This. /thread
>>
>>322356393

Didn't they JUST have monster hunter, shovel knight, and dual destinies on sale? I mean, Nintendo is a huge asshole about pricing in general, but they actually do have sales pretty often. They just don't advertise most of them because they don't want anyone to buy anything on the cheap.
>>
>>322361757
this
>>
>>322360249
>Nintendo know exactly which of their games are worth money and which aren't. And the prices reflect that. Get over it.

are we talking about virtual console games? Because they are all universally priced for the most part. Except the rare exceptions. It's funny because every time a new system comes out, nintendo always pushes out their garbage, reject, antiquated NES games first like balloon fighter, ice climber, street city ransom, golf, nes open tour, baseball, tennis, etc to try to get 5 dollars off the shitty ones before the good ones come out
>>
>>322361757
>3rd party games
>>
File: 1422572538879.jpg (83 KB, 474x600) Image search: [Google]
1422572538879.jpg
83 KB, 474x600
I've seen their games on sale.
Keep your eyes open.
Watch the twitters and sites that track sales.
>>
>>322361757

I think someone has already pointed out, but we're talking about first party games.

Sales happen on the eshop every thursday, and sometimes there are some great ones. I don't mind like sounding like a shill, but Curve just had a sale, so if the sale is still on, I couldn't recommend enough that everyone buy stealth inc 2 and the swapper for only like 3 dollars each. Lone survivor was also kind of neat and only 2 dollars, but you aren't missing out if you decide to pass
>>
>>322360167
Bought the 3DS Zelda on sale just before x-mas.
And it had Kid Icarus too and Starfox 64, with some no one cares games.
>>
>>322362093
Can you name a few?
>>
>>322362159
I bought Super Metroid for 10cents.
>>
>>322357071
>ERPing for clubN download codes

shit now I have another reason to do it besides being a cute girl
>>
>>322361757
>They just don't advertise most of them because they don't want anyone to buy anything on the cheap.

STEAM is the greatest marketing example for why sales are a slippery slope. Titles on STEAM are so incredibly devalued it's sickening, people won't buy games unless they are on sale, and if there currently isn't a sale they expect a sale in the future and if they don't get the sale in the timeframe they expect they throw fits and the gaming media goes abuzz with rumors.

STEAM distribution model is a great example of how to devalue your brand.

Despite how shitty it is that Nintendo titles don't typically go on sale, there is a method to the madness.
>>
>>322362159
I got the Metroid Prime Trilogy all for €9.99
>>
>>322356393
Nintendo is one of those companies who thinks sales cheapen their brand so the sales are few and far between.
>Humble Ninty Bundle
>Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 50% off last January
>month ago Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion 2 for 50% off
>>
>>322362213
I ment the discount sites
>>
>>322358660
>Nintendo games are SHIT!
Why do you even want them, then? Sale or not, why do you want them if you don't think they're good? Or do you just always post like a 12 year old?
>>
>>322362397
There's stuff like Cheapassgamer.
Nintendo fansites usually list sales too.

I dont care too much about them because I usually buy physical only, but it can be useful.
>>
>>322362332

Nah, I agree with you that steam fucked itself, but nintendo is only the opposing evil lightyears away on the opposite side of the situation. Not even their shitty NES games which I'm sure nobody ever buys ever go on sale except for special events. I check every thursday for sales and it's NEVER first party, it's only first party for special event sales.
>>
>>322362332
it just means people buy more games with their limited money
>>
>>322362636
> Not even their shitty NES games which I'm sure nobody ever buys ever
m8
>>
>>322362572

I used to check discount gamer for a while, but the nintendo sections were always completely empty except for miscellaneous nintendo discussion. Which I'm not surprised, considering how poorly the wii u is doing, it doesn't surprise me how physical retail wii u games are almost never going to get cheaper. It's just too bad nintendo completely neglects the eshop, because they'd rather let thousands of people go without their games than bend a little bit for 33% off
>>
>>322362332
>devalued
>advocating for high software prices
>caring about brand

Goddamn Corporate Whores.
>>
>>322362902
Are you in america?
Over here in europe physical Nintendo games are mega cheap.
Bayonetta is like 16€ and you can get main Mario games for 40 new without sales.
>>
File: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (149 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg
149 KB, 700x700
>>322356393
>Not calling it Nintenshop

One fucking job
>>
>>322356393

3dsiso runs a good sale on games every day
>>
>>322363257
Sounds like shit to be honest.
>>
>>322356393
they had like 50% off all their AAA games on wiiu during e3, I missed it though.
>>
File: 1407327984402.jpg (215 KB, 709x614) Image search: [Google]
1407327984402.jpg
215 KB, 709x614
>>
>>322363043
>Goddamn Corporate Whores.

I don't understand what you're upset about Anon.

Are you mad someone is making a profit?
>>
>>322363257
New Super Nintendo eShop 3DS 64 XL ;))
>>
File: trucy.gif (14 KB, 160x200) Image search: [Google]
trucy.gif
14 KB, 160x200
Nintendo doesn't believe in making their games cheaper based on how old they are.

I mean, look at SMT IV. It was $50 at launch, then it got a price cut to $30 and it's often 50% off so you can get it for $15 these days.
Nintendo would never do that shit.

RARELY their first party shit is on sale, and even when it is, it's shit like $5 off a $40 title.
>>
File: Screenshot_12.jpg (195 KB, 895x883) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_12.jpg
195 KB, 895x883
>>322356393
Sales are there, sometimes even on good games.
http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-eshop-sales/
>>
>>322363229
yeah. NOA is maximum jew, they'd rather only 20% of wii u owners pay 60 dollars than 15% pay 60 dollars and 70% pay 30-40.

Mario U is still 60 dollars, even though it was bundled with consoles including luigi u and the mario/luigi u bundle got reprinted.

Bayonetta 2 is like 70+
Pikmin 3 is 90+
mario maker will never drop in price
smash bros you might be able to find for around 50 if you're lucky
>>
>>322363581
>Criticizing Nintendo while also acknowledging their strengths

>NINTENDRONES

Didn't know people this retarded existed.
>>
>>322364023

>not a single first party game

Anyone recommend fractured soul?
>>
>>322364202
>not a single first party game
they happen, but as rare as getting legendary in Heartstone
>>
>>322364202
Its an interesting game. Nobody cared about it because its ugly.
Its kinda what I expected Mighty Switchforce to be.

I think its alright.

Didnt know that its on steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/307030/
Here's a gameplay trailer.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>322364274
>but as rare as getting legendary in Heartstone

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
File: D3_Salvatore_Bust.png (390 KB, 718x885) Image search: [Google]
D3_Salvatore_Bust.png
390 KB, 718x885
>>322364472
Okay, as rare as getting pirate encounter in you need in Disgaea 3's item world.
Will that do?
>>
>>322360276
Technically, you're talking about semantics. How "semantic" can you get.

Easy mistake, anon.
>>
>>322361537

What context?
>>
>>322364726
You don't need to make le epic references in your posts for karma, this is not reddit.
>>
>>322363043
Don't you want sequels to games that aren't ridiculously simplified and mainstream?
>>
>>322364779
Can't it be both? Being pedantic about semantics?
>>
well to be honest we did get nintendo 3ds selects recently

>3 versions of nintendogs
>>
>>322364023
Why are the Etrian games never on sale in Europe?
Why did you have to remind me?
>>
File: c20110818_d4b_01_cs1w1_720x405.jpg (166 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
c20110818_d4b_01_cs1w1_720x405.jpg
166 KB, 720x405
>>322364952
>being triggered by single reference
I guess you hate when games do that, don't you?
>>
>>322365172
>not buying them physically
dunno why would you go digital, but whatever works for you I guess
>>
>>322364962
Just petition for Nintendo to include a Donation Button on their next console already.

Predominantly position on their game controller preferably.
>>
>>322364952
>reference a VIDEO GAME on a VIDEO GAME image board
>fuck off back to reddit
no anon, you are the monster
>>
File: Pikmin 3.png (229 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
Pikmin 3.png
229 KB, 320x320
>>322363043
>Goddamn Corporate Whores.

High software prices means higher profit margins per game sold which means their audience doesn't have to be as big to be successful. I don't mind paying full price to support the continuation of series like Pikmin.

Sales and massive pricedrops are why you see every third party company trying to push the exact same types of games as each other. They want 5-10 million+ sales + Season Pass for every AAA homogenous shooter.
>>
>>322365356
my dumb ass will lose half of my physical games, its more convenient to have access to 10 something games at the same time on my SD card
>>
>tfw VC games never go on sale
There are so many I want, yet so many I will never buy because the default prices are ass.
>>
File: 3dsega2.jpg (250 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
3dsega2.jpg
250 KB, 500x445
>>322365738
well, that's good thing if you move a lot.
Hopefully they'll go on sale around Untold 2 release.
>>322365824
fun thing is that 3D Classics to go on sale from time to time, and they better than VC. Tho I wish we had physical like Japan
>>
>>322357527
jamo
>>
>>322364779
>Anon references a video game on a video game board
>video game references are le reddit epic memes

I genuinely don't go to reddit and I don't understand how this is a reddit meme unless some reddit faggot comes here to tell other reddit faggots that they are being reddit faggots, in which case both are reddit faggots.

The "no vidya on /v/" meme has been around forever here and slowly, just like the being an actual gay queer faggot meme, it's going to become a reality.
>>
>>322365824

The prices aren't that bad. A number of them are better value and better games than comparable Indie games.
>>
>>322364090
Welcome to /v/, where all sound logic falls upon deaf ears.
>>
>>322366193
>LE IT IS A BUSINESS MEME XD

What, implying it's not a business?

Or are you really desperate and completely out of arguments you think you can dismiss valid arguments by inserting le reddit meme?

Anon you're a retard, I'm sorry to be the one to break it to you.
>>
>>322357527
So what you're saying is only Nintendo makes good games.

There's a word for people like you, can't put my finger on it, though...
>>
>>322366667
>So what you're saying is only Nintendo makes good games
Not what I said. Can you read? Or can you not wrap your head around posting in any way that doesn't rely on a strawman?
>>
>>322366667
I think he's saying that other developers that make good games could follow the Nintendo model and profit from it.
>>
>>322357527
so EYE and Double Dragon are dogshit because they sell for 99 cents every sale? fuck you jabroni man
>>
>>322366891
not that anon, but steam devalued all games equally. shit ones, good ones. steam games has little value.
>>
>>322366667
don't think you understood the content of the post you were replying to anon

maybe go to the doctor to get your head examined for faggotry

also that missed quints
>>
>>322366995
This is also why steam gifting is cancer, because people will try and trade you devalued games they received for a pittance for brand new titles, which further devalues the entire market.
>>
>>322366891
The fact that they have huge discounts mean that the games are not memorable or very good if they have to sell them at low prices like these.
>>
>>322366891
I honestly think I might have to give up on /v/
Every exchange goes like this:
>someone says something
>reply: OH SO YOU'RE SAYING [something that wasn't said]???
And then everyone has to argue about a point that wasn't even made in the first place.
I honestly can't take this idiocy anymore.
>see you tomorrow
Not if I can find somewhere else where people are actually interested in discussing videogames and replying to the points others have made with their own points and not just going full retard constantly.
>>
every single thread about sales its the same series of shitposts and every single time retards respond to it
>>
>>322357018
>the world's shittiest indie games get like 30% off
Great sales man
>>
>>322356393
Goyim i mean gaijin must pay!
>>
>>322357527
MAKE WAAAAAY FOR DLLL CEEEE!
>>
Why doesn't Nintendo put Super Nintendo games on the eshop? I wanna play RPG and shit.
>>
>>322367328
can you elaborate on that? I rarely gift, cause my gifts are regionlocked to my region thanks to regional pricing.
So I never really seen much of gifting trading going on.
>>
>>322364012
Nintendo not putting their games on sale is one of many reasons why they are irrelevant in the current industry.
>>
File: Screenshot_13.jpg (138 KB, 1010x619) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_13.jpg
138 KB, 1010x619
>>322368514
They do, on Wii U.
Just few of them, I guess you need a license to sell them again or something.
>>
>>322359165
Except just about every company makes 5 hour games that you put in your closet and forget about when you're done with them. The ones that don't make grindy RPGs and (at least half-barren) open world games. Do you remember how much people made fun of Platinum games like MGR and Vanquished for being "4 hours long"?
>>
>>322368807
still better than having games being devalued to basically being worthless even if they are digital
>>
>>322368807
One of the stupidest things I've read. on /v/this year
>>
>>322366891
MAYBE YOU AND I NEED TO SETTLE THIS IN THE RING
>>
>>322357071
slut
>>
>>322369331
It has some idea. Expensive games affect console sales.
>>
>no sales
How do you explain the 75% off SFIV I got then?

Bought MH4U, Shantae and Shovel Knight also.
>>
>>322369884
It's a handful of retards crying about not getting the Mario game they want cheap enough while also screaming about how much they hate Nintendo and how all their games are shit
>>
>>322356393
Nintendo games stay valuable forever. They have some kind of special quality that makes their retail value stay pretty much the same for years longer than other console games.

They also happen to be the easiest to emulate and pirate, which makes you wonder why they don't just chop $10 off the price of their games and watch people suddenly get interested in their console, instead of feeling it's cheaper to just buy a flashcart or download Dolphin
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 271x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 271x428
>mfw waiting for my watch list games to go on sale
>>
>want to buy pikmin 3 digitally
>still priced at fucking $60

Fuck you nintendo
>>
>>322356393
Sometimes they'll take 20% off of NES games.
>>
>>322372529
>want to buy GTA V digitally
>still priced at fucking 60$
Fuck you rockstar
Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.