[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any MMOs worth playing yet? pic not related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
Are there any MMOs worth playing yet?
pic not related
>>
Secret world... combat is meh, but the lore and missions are pretty unique
>>
Depends on what you're looking for in a MMO

I'm sure I could tell you a few if you give me your preferences
>>
>>322352708
not themepark
lots of people
>>
Ah, the daily WoWfag falseflag thread. Still upset your game is in the shitter? Well stop invading ours and bringing your terrible attitude with you, trying to make FFXIV more like WoW with your bullshit.
>>
>>322353181
>not themepark

Elaborate pls
>>
>>322351801
Guild Wars 2 is the only one trying to positively innovate. It's not the best and it has flaws, but since I started playing it, it ruined all other MMOs for me simply because they do not have the quality of life and gameplay style that GW2 provides.
>>
>>322353497

>trying to make FFXIV more like WoW

That is literally what devs intended to do with 2.0
>>
>>322353538
like some sort of sandbox features
think wakfu with political system
archeage with trade routes
stuff like that
>>
>>322354072
So you want that or not? I'm a little confuse dhere
>>
I enjoy playing Elder Scrolls Online and I'm excited for the changes on the horizon.
>>
>>322356023
want that stuff
not WoW FFXIV shit
>>
You posted the most worthwhile one, slim pickings
>>
File: Berserk Status.jpg (212 KB, 973x959) Image search: [Google]
Berserk Status.jpg
212 KB, 973x959
>still trying to get my Thordan Clear as a PLD
>literally impossible because mouthbreathers who join clearing parties and asshole elitists in farming parties who lost their shit if the bonus shows
>>
A lot of people seem to forget about WildStar. I wonder why.
>>
File: Walls of Guild Wars 2 (2).jpg (2 MB, 3150x2910) Image search: [Google]
Walls of Guild Wars 2 (2).jpg
2 MB, 3150x2910
>>322353748
>Guild Wars 2 is the only one trying to positively innovate
Fuck off shiller. The expansion made the whole game worse and the dev keep shoving out more cash shop items even after selling their 50 dollar expansions.
>>
>>322356620
>PF states no newbie
>Newbie joins in anyways

I will personally see to it the this individual is lynched, blacklisted, and ridiculed.
>>
>>322356620
Heh, kinda sad. If you're on Ragnarok I'd be glad to help you.
>>
>>322356659
its fucking trash
>>
>>322351801
Nope. And none on the horizon.
>>
>>322356659
It's superdead. They made it f2p and it died again.
>>
>>322356808
>mad about cash shop
>f2p game
>>
File: taunting the bear.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
taunting the bear.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Not sure if it qualifies as an MMO but the best game in this regard is Vindictus by a long shot

>that fluid combat system
>those perfect hitboxes
>that OST
>that actually enjoyable story
>>
>>322356506
>ffxiv
>worthwhile
not after 3.0 friend
>>
>>322356808
Expansion improved on a lot of things and introduced a lot of nice new stuff. Game is far from perfect as I've already said but the expansion release was very smooth and is promising for the future.

That picture is way too retarded for me to even begin to comprehend it.

The cash shop is not mandatory and doesn't affect anything in the game so I don't understand why it would be even a relevant concern.
>>
>>322357151
>f2p
>when the game is a fucking demo and a promotion to the expansion
>can't do fractal because you need mastery, even though fractal is dead
>can't do pvp because everyone got elite spec
>nerf dungeon to oblivion
>no access to raid, even though it's only once a week bullshit
>>
>>322357419
no open world kills it for me
heard bad things about the drop system as well
>>
>>322357445
3.0 made most of the classes much funnier to play and the story is far better than ARR's. The only downside is that the endgame is barebones but some of the fights like Ravana EX, Thordan EX and A3S are very fun.
>>
>>322357549
>drop system
Sure, if you want to craft stuff yourself, I'd rather just buy a good item from the market place

>no open world
But that's a good thing
Also I doubt the latency you'd have from big open worlds would allow for such great and exciting combat since the latency would be unbearable
>>
>>322351801
>yet
Friend... I hate to break it to you but that time has long passed.
>>
>>322357457
Now you're just talking out your ass

Meanwhile, the guild system is a big fuck you to the small guild if they want a decent hall like forcing more member and gathering 1000000000000000 plat for a table and you need to drink 10000000000000000000 to get an aura for the winter event. Oh and this piece of shit cost 10 dollar.

But of course, I'm talking to a Guild Wars 2 marketer
>>
>>322357514
Just buy the fucking game if you want to play it, jesus christ
>>
File: 1432070429861.png (856 KB, 736x672) Image search: [Google]
1432070429861.png
856 KB, 736x672
>>322356812
>>322356620 here. I'd hate to be that person, but it all likelihood that would be the only way I could get the clear at this point. I do have a few friends who have been able to clear it before so I might be able to convince them to help me out.

It's also kind of a pride thing since no one else in my FC has been able to clear him (or rather I'm the only one trying to) and I'd rather not have to wait until he gets Echo'd since what would even be the point then.

>>322356929
Nah man, I'm on Lamia. Thought is appreciated though.
>>
>>322357832
Sorry but I would rather have no one buy such a horrible game done by a group of incompetent devs. Saying it's F2P but it not make you a fucking shitter for GW 2.
>>
>>322357419
What´s that game anon?
>>
>>322357457
>That picture is way too retarded for me to even begin to comprehend it.
>I did not play the game
The truth hurts, doesn't it?
>>
File: 1450497760262.jpg (43 KB, 192x196) Image search: [Google]
1450497760262.jpg
43 KB, 192x196
>>322356620
>still trying to get my Thordan Clear
>>
>>322357514
>complaining about premium players
>in an f2p game
>>
>>322357815

>Guild system
Yeah that's a problem. I'm in a huge guild and I don't care about small guilds but I know it's a problem to some. I personally don't care much about that.

>Winter's presence complaint
Oh boo whoo you need to invest time/money to get an extremely rare fashionable piece of equipment that only the "elite" of the players can achieve in the game. You poor sob, do you want more free stuff spoonfed to you? Please tell me how that impacts your enjoyment of the game, it's just fashion. Either you invest in it or you don't get it at all. You can't have everything in life.

But whatever, you're mad and you think I'm a shill even though I acknowledge all the various (plenty) flaws of the game. As I said in the original post, GW2 has a lot of flaws but by far it's the only enjoyable MMO I could find (and I've been playing MMORPGs for decades) which tries to innovate and introduce a lot of quality of life in the genre. I've tried playing other MMOs but they simply cannot compare and bore me to death, either because of the story, the combat system, the grind, the shitty loot system, the cooperation between players, etc etc.

Guild Wars 2 has it all, maybe not perfectly, but it has all of that. Other MMOs usually have one or two of those points but fail miserably on other stuff hence they are a complete turnoff for me.
>>
>>322358060
that's vindictus
>>
>>322358135
>even considering that piece of shit a f2p
>when there are other options that does f2p better
>>
I'm enjoying playing through SWTOR class story. Leveling is pretty quick and you can just focus on doing the main quests.
>>
>>322358081
Who cares about who is developing a game if the game is good? I don't understand all this tinfoil hat propaganda anti-feminism /pol/shit. Everything is a jew and everywhere there's a trannie to you guys.

Who gives a flying shit, if these people want to live their life like that and enjoy being lol randumb with colored hair and bullshit stuff, I couldn't give any less shit. The game is good and I evaluate it based on that.
>>
How about MMOs that feel like MMOs and not large instanced worlds with instanced dungeons and instanced quests.
>>
>>322354072
That doesn't exist anymore, no one play sandbox mmos anymore. It's all about the themeparks now
>>
>>322358164
>Yeah that's a problem. I'm in a huge guild and I don't care about small guilds but I know it's a problem to some. I personally don't care much about that.
Apathy is death and what cause the death of this game long ago. Not caring for the feature will only make things worst, like the start of the guild mission update.

>Oh boo whoo
Sorry but every other mmo does Christmas event better and more fun than achievement war 2, even Guild Wars 1. They don't boil down to infinite grind and make it unfun for anyone to stay. It's less to do with spoonfeed and more to do that you're willing to eat spoonful of crap.

Many people care and many people quit and/or refund the game because it's that bad. The flaw is glaring and saying that it's good despite the giant flaw is being in denial. And you care about the story? Please, Guild Wars 2, from the start to the living story to the expansion, is a deviant art fanfiction compare to all other mmo, even ToR. The loot system is the worst rng system I seen in any mmo and when the reward for a drop like a dungeon recipe or an ascend box or even a precursor is below 0.001, then there is a problem.

Retrospect, Guild Wars 2 does not have it all and the dev continue fuck over the good system it use to have and making everyone leave.
>>
File: PROGRESS.webm (427 KB, 300x249) Image search: [Google]
PROGRESS.webm
427 KB, 300x249
>>322358575
>this is what a shiller believe
I like how you never play the Living Story or anything Sylvari related.
>>
>>322358169
Thanks, looks cool I´ll give it a try
>>
File: 1420578802849.jpg (141 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1420578802849.jpg
141 KB, 803x688
>i dun like themeparks
>i wan sandboks
Every time.
>>
>>322358968
>Not caring for the feature will only make things worst, like the start of the guild mission update.

What do you want me to do? I have voiced my complaints over the stuff that is broken and not fun, like the many other players. That won't stop me from playing a game I enjoy though, as it's still more enjoyable than any other MMOs I've tried these days.

>Sorry but every other mmo does Christmas event better and more fun than achievement war 2, even Guild Wars 1

You make it sound like that is the only thing to do in Wintersday event. There's two dungeons, a themed PVP mode, a jumping puzzle (with a shitty broken instance system, unfortunately), various activities around Divinity's Reach, a bell playing minigames and various presents scattered around the world map plus a side quest (the orphan's letter, which still is from previous years but new players can still enjoy it).

> And you care about the story? Please, Guild Wars 2, from the start to the living story to the expansion, is a deviant art fanfiction compare to all other mmo, even ToR.

PS is bad, I agree. LS2 is not that bad and HoT story is pretty damn good. I enjoy the storytelling and story quests in GW2. Again, it's not excellent but it's acceptable to me. Brings me back to the point in my previous post.
Other MMOs have a much better story but everything else is worse so I can't really take it. Trust me I tried.

>The loot system is the worst rng system I seen in any mmo and when the reward for a drop like a dungeon recipe or an ascend box or even a precursor is below 0.001, then there is a problem.

The loot system in GW2 isn't very RNG, they introduced masteries for precursor crafting and legendary crafting. Most non-fashion items can be crafted or obtained through quests and activities. Dungeon rewards can be obtained through tokens by doing PvE or PvP.
>>
File: 1443842507346.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1443842507346.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
>>322359317
i like kissing girls
>>
>>322360212
lol fag
>>
>>322359314
Why are you talking like that dumb frogposter?
>>
>>322351801
If I may interject for a moment. Please consider playing free as in freedom MMORPG like planeshift.it
>>
>>322357419
Literally not an MMO
Inb4
>b-but fable 2 is an mmo!
>cod is my fav mmo XD
>>
>>322357708
Hardly.
>>
File: laughing gokigenyous.jpg (35 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
laughing gokigenyous.jpg
35 KB, 446x400
>>322359317
>not liking yuri
>>
>>322357457

Call me crazy here, but I'm pretty sure the game took over 3 years to get its first expansion and it was met with horrible reviews from everybody. The game is hot fucking garbage and I think the people that waste their time on it should go drink all the shit under the bathroom sink. People like you are the entire reason that the mmo genre is fucking dead. Just a bunch of giant idiots that couldn't tell their asshole from their mouths from all the dumb shit constantly leaking from their lips. Going to bed now. I'm mad. GW2 is cancer kill yourself plz.
>>
How about Wum Online/Unlimited?
It's as sandboxie as they come. Hell, by far the best sandbox. Though sadly not many people play, around 1k on steam at peak time.
>>
>>322359837
>That won't stop me from playing a game I enjoy though, as it's still more enjoyable than any other MMOs I've tried these days.
No but saying that you don't care and not realizing apathy can fuck over many content does make a difference.

>You make it sound like that is the only thing to do in Wintersday event.
Because they didn't add much on top of what they have and went with the cashshop/achievement approach. The JP broken instance is what keep me from doing it and they never bother fixing it after this many years. Most of these are "been there, done that" that doesn't give the motive for anyone to replay them again, unless you are willing to shill out more money for the shit gemshop crap or booze.

>PS is bad, I agree. LS2 is not that bad and HoT story is pretty damn good. I enjoy the storytelling and story quests in GW2. Again, it's not excellent but it's acceptable to me. Brings me back to the point in my previous post.
The start of LS2 had two lesbian being kissus with each other and when they are given a job to rally other races, each of them fuck up and you have to clean up the messes. We spend most of the time either dicking around, watch Caithe being a sub for her lesbian girl friend, and watch Trahearne crash an entire armada to the ground in the matter of second. Oh and they keep reference how awesome Scarlet was. LS 2 is not good. HoT is an entire different beast of horrible story telling and they're lock behind a stupid grind on top of it. I can't even begin to fathom about this and how it all lead to a stupid fight in the mind boss.
>>
>>322360919
This. Planeshift is 20/10 best MMO ever made.
>aging
>world of living and world of the dead with different mechanics
>true death
>talking with NPCs via chat
>dat lore
>dat level desgin
>>
>>322359837
>>322361618
>loot
The start of it was and unless you want a precursor before the expansion, you shit out cash or get lucky and that is very RNG. The crafting was added three years after it was requested and this is not a good way to delay it this long. The Fractal was even worse with this with the weapon exclusive or the chest, and don't get me started on the dungeon items like the recipes or trinkets. PvP is more effective than getting dungeon armor and weapon after that update and the dev keep doing things to make dungeon worse off than before. Most of the non-fashion item is nothing compare to cosmetic and more of those are in the gemshop now.
>>
>>322361601

Have you actually played that game? It sucks cock and takes a billion years to do ANYTHING.
>>
>>322361876
On Online yes, but on Unlimited you can join servers with different skill/action rates.
Am playing on an x6/x3 one and it's pretty fast. There is a sanic x12 server too.
>>
>>322354072
EVE
>>
File: 1423546373659.png (274 KB, 766x758) Image search: [Google]
1423546373659.png
274 KB, 766x758
WoW is the only MMO I've come back to after trying so many others.
I tried XIV for a long time and I liked it, but holy shit Heavensward just fucking ruined everything.

Now I'm doing dailies in Tanaan trying to get flying and gear myself for mythic HFC for the moose. Because I need unceasing tedium in my life. I fucking miss CoH so much.
>>
>>322361618
You see, I agree with most of what you said. Nothing is 'excellent' and I'm not sure why you keep arguing against me like I said otherwise.

The problem is that all the other MMOs always have some quality of life issue that makes me want to gouge my eyes out. Guild Wars 2 does not and that's what keeps me enjoying the game over other MMOs. So far I have yet to find an MMO that satisfies me more than GW2. If there was an MMO better than that then I'd be all over it in an instant and probably drop GW2, but there is none.

It's a mix between the combat system of GW2, the size of the maps, the details in the interface, the cooperating gameplay, the world events, the pvp balance (which is a bit fucked up atm, I admit), the class and weapon-based build system, the levelling experience, the horizontal rather than vertical scaling, the lack of gear treadmill, etc etc

None of this is perfect, by all means! It's just that put it all in a single game and I'm down to it.

>>322361515
>I'm pretty sure the game took over 3 years to get its first expansion and it was met with horrible reviews from everybody.

First year of the game was, admittedly, a massive flawed experiment. The game was shit at release and it took them a whole year to acknowledge it and 'unfuck' it. Then they started introducing some content with Living Story 1 which made the game more interesting. That was their approach to expansions.

After, Living Story 2 came out and they realized it wasn't going that well, players wanted more. They released the expansion and here we are. HoT actually got a shitton of positive reviews and it's a pretty big improvement over the base game so I'm not sure where you get all the negative feedback from.

Anet has shown they are not afraid to try new things and try to innovate the genre. A lot of times this has backfired and they always try to balance and fix their fuckups. I like this approach because at least they're trying to "un-WoW" the MMO genre.
>>
File: spider_0.jpg (88 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
spider_0.jpg
88 KB, 500x440
>Do the Iroha event quest a while back for her set
>Got the sudden urge to play XI
>Unsubbed XIV for XI and don't regret it
Anyone else felt the same?
>>
File: 1448137885384.jpg (20 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1448137885384.jpg
20 KB, 258x245
>>322352270
my god to enjoy that game you've got to have achieved an otherwise thought impossible to reach level of shit taste.
>>
>>322364298
The problem is that I never had this problem with other mmos and I keep coming back to those because they don't constantly ruin their own content after content with their horrible decision. Trying out new things does not always work out well and can end up ruining the game altogether, like the entire Living Story or HoT and judging from the LS, they're just doing the bare minimum while shilling the cash shop. They held actual content hostage to promote the expansion. They still didn't fix WvW after the lack of QoL update and ruining it during the Living Story with all those retarded PvE addon crap.

There is no way one can be this delusion about Guild Wars 2 unless he is a marketer.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.