[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else catiously optimistic about this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x450
Is anyone else catiously optimistic about this?
>>
>>322340235

No. The images they released looked literally like an N64 game.
>>
>>322340235
I am. I remember shitting on super mario 3d world when it was shown on that e3 but just about a month before the release they aired all these new trailers that showed the cool stuff and all was good again.
>>
>>322340235
Characters look good.
Everything else looks empty and boring.
Hype-level at its lowest right now.
>>
kinda, looks like crap. even for WiiU standards. and the art direction its all over the floor. but atleast they acknowledged it and delayed it to fix it. or atleast thats what I want to think. though the same when they delayed Devil's Turd and it ended looking like crap
>>
My most hyped game of 2016 right now. I've wanted a new Star Fox like this for years.
>>
>>322340397
>2016
>still shitposting

I am extremely optimistic. PG + Nintendo, perfect combination
>>
can't wait
>>
Hardly any info has been released, and from what footage we actually have, it looks awful. All we really know is that it's there, it's by Platinum, and it's coming soon. It's Star Fox's revival, so I would expect Nintendo to hype it up like fuck, but the fact that they haven't makes me a bit worried about its quality. As if they aren't confident about it themselves or something.
>>
File: 1435249654842.jpg (4 MB, 4400x4000) Image search: [Google]
1435249654842.jpg
4 MB, 4400x4000
It'll probably be at least decent.
>>
waited 18 years just to play star fox 64 on dual screens
>>
>>322340930
I would do unforgivable things to that rabbit, and I'm not even in to that shit usually.
>>
Not holding my breath for anything amazing, seriously hoping they bring back the landmaster. Though watching the trailer and watching his Arwing turn into a fucking chicken doesn't bode well for the landmaster making a comeback.
>>
It looks good gameplay-wise but jesus christ, the graphics look like a 3DS game.

The Wii-U can do better than that, Mario Kart 8 makes good use of the underpowered tech.
>>
OP here, I am kind of opimistic
But we need info
Like now
>>
>SF64 + SF 2 concepts
>Platinum's Bayonetta team
>lastest footage fo the game looks like an improvement with faster movement and more enemies

What's not to like?
>>
>>322340930
As of the new trailer where she puts her hand on his arm, all drawings of them fucking are canon.
>>
>>322340235
No, they clearly have no idea how to make a better rail shooter than SF64.
And on top of it, it looks like puke.
>>
>>322341126
We've already seen the Landmaster numerous times
>>
>>322341172
> Bayonetta won't wear her Bayo 2 costumes in Smash

Dammit.
>>
>>322341243
Care to elaborate anon?
I think the graphics are poor but the delay should have some help
>>
>>322341172
The gameplay and dual 60fps doesn't matter, nor does the new gameplay mechanics or transformations.

What matters are my graphics!
>>
Why does it look so bad? 3D World, Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon, Wooly World, they all look great and run at 60 FPS. Shit, Smash runs at 1080p 60 FPS even and there's a lot of shit going on sometimes. It's like they got a D team to do this, and they're seriously going to release a game with blurry textures and disgusting colors instead of stylizing it up.
>>
>>322341294
We've seen it in 64, Assault, and some Smash games.

It's not enough ;_;
>>
>>322341496
I'm talking about Zero

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEobtVGZUH4
>>
>>322341496
I think he means in SF0 footage
>>
>>322341631
>>322341637
Oh shit haven't done my research. Thanks famillia
>>
>>322341473
SF0's E3 build looked better than Smash and Splatoon
>>
I have been since I heard it would be based heavily around Star Fox 64.
>>
>>322341321
Well for one the director of Bayo 2 said it dosent look or feel like a Platinum game at all.
Then the on rail segments are 1:1 identical to star fox 64, which was good 16 years ago but with what they could do these days its just extremly lacking, and pretty much everything else is just bad off rail.
From the technical side.
This is a official screenshot from the "new build". Dosent look any noticeable better than before and on top of it there were lots of pop ins in the new gameplay footage.
>>
>>322341136
What's interesting is that Mario Kart 8 originally looked like comeplete trash when it was first shown off as well.
>>
>>322342056
>so much bullshit in one post

damn
>>
>>322342150
>cant refute any point
>just use memearrows that will do it
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 540x405
>>322342056
>Then the on rail segments are 1:1 identical to star fox 64

I don't know if I should believe that.
>>
>>322342263
typical response
>>
>>322342295
don't. he's just another /v/ retard with too much time
>>
>>322342295
Just compare 64 corneria and zero corneria and its pretty obvious that on rail gameplay in the air is based on sf64
The n64 actually has way more going on
>>
>>322342397
Says the one who dosent even have an argument, but just dismisses everything he dosent like to read.
>>
File: hashimoto_sf.jpg (54 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
hashimoto_sf.jpg
54 KB, 500x333
>>322342056
>Well for one the director of Bayo 2 said it dosent look or feel like a Platinum game at all.

source?
>>
>>322342790
>that on rail gameplay in the air is based on sf64
And? Wasn't the whole point of this game making it more like 64?
>>
I hope there are lots of Walker sections. It looks fun as fuck
>>
File: brokenman.png (649 KB, 1197x758) Image search: [Google]
brokenman.png
649 KB, 1197x758
I've played it. Disregard anyone and everyone who tries to defend what's been shown of the graphics as youtube compression or the like. As slick and 'neat' it sometimes looks, it's rather sub-par even for a Wii U game, and there is indeed a lack of stuff going on within the environments.

Plus, maybe I just wasn't used to it and need to git gud, but the gyro controls and split-screen gameplay is awkward as hell. Still, here's hoping...
>>
/v/ has told me to not be excited for upcoming Nintendo games many times and was mistaken.

If you all were championing it, I'd be a lot more concerned to be honest.
>>
>>322342929
Just look up the explanation of the delay(it was Platinum that wanted to delay it because of conferns).
They pretty much say they wanted it to be delayed because its not a "platinum quality" game.
http://gamerant.com/star-fox-zero-delay-reason/
>>
>>322340951
I'll be fucking stoked if I can walk around the great fox inbetween missions and talk to the crew, gaining info on missions from peppy or updates on repairs with slippy, and some banter with falco, and then you can go to ROB in the control room to select a mission or get a briefing from General Pepper.
>>
>>322344316
That shit sounds like dumb additions that games like Mass Effect have which add almost nothing to gameplay.

Not sure how I feel about those wasted resources.
>>
>>322344425
doesn't need to be as indepth as mass effect, just some downtime between missions mate
>>
>>322340235
>Amiibo mark of death on box cover
On-disk day 1 DLC confirmed, abandon all hope.
>>
>>322344517
You know it's going to be costumes or something like that.

They've almost never made content Amiibo exclusive that is that great to be honest.

The main incentive for Amiibo is as a collectible figure no matter how hard /v/ memes.
>>
>>322344517
The arwing/walker amiibo prototype sounds cool
>>
>>322340235
Me. But I always have been. The only complaints I saw around were about the graphics and I don't give a flying fuck about graphics.
>>
>>322344036

OK, I've read that article before. It never says the game "doesn't look or feel like a Platinum game at all", as >>322342056 implied.

All it says is that hashimoto wants to make sure SF Zero has the Platinum feel.

>Speaking in an interview with GameSpot, Hashimoto explains that Star Fox Zero was delayed due to quality reasons. That is, the team wanted to make sure that the game lived up to the “Platinum feel” of their previous titles.

Knowing Nintendo and Platinum's good relationship, and how Hashimoto himself is a huge SF fan, I'm sure we can expect good results.
>>
No, the Gyro Wing and Platinum being involved are making me really nervous.

I'm only buying the damned thing to support Star Fox.
>>
>>322340235
Yeah.
>>322340951
That walker looks so fucking stupid.
>>
>>322344425
>not wanting to walk around inside the Great Fox
>check out the design and tech
>eat Slippy's lunch from the break room

Fuck hub world haters.
>>
Looks like a remake of theNintendo 64 game, looks pretty. Not too crazy about it
>>
File: 1447455087821.png (783 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
1447455087821.png
783 KB, 1280x722
I played it at PAX it was a lot of fun and I can't wait for the final release. People that were playing at the booth were terrible and the Nintendo rep that watched over my playthrough told me I was the first most competent player in the entire day.
>>
>WAAAAAH IT'S TOO MUCH LIKE 64

First of all, no it doesn't, because 64 had more on - rails than what we've seen so far. Not to mention the dogfights are fucking ruined.

Secondly, even if it did, that was the pinnacle gameplay of the series, so shut the fuck up you goddamned contrarians.
>>
>>322345770
>so shut the fuck up you goddamned contrarians.
Looks like I have another word to filter.
>>
>>322340235
Yeah, by the PlatinumGames part of the development. But Star Fox games are not my thing.
>>
>>322346972

welcome to The Internet, house of hipsters, contrarians and special snowflakes. It seems you'll fit right in.
>>
>>322347206
Anyone who doesnt like what you like is a contrarian. Got it.
>>
>>322347367

More like anyone who cares enough to voice their opinion against something they aren't even well versed enough, just to feel special. Pretty common specimens in the internet.
>>
>>322347632
Nothing about >>322345770
indicates that.
>>
Of course. I've been dreaming about a dual-screen version of Star Fox since the SNES original.
>>
WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST MADE A STARFOX ASSAULT WITH MORE ARWING MISSIONS, IMPROVED ON-FOOT GAMEPLAY, AND A LONGER STORY MODE
>>
>>322341473
Perhaps it has something to do with the two separately rendered, graphic-intensive picture it produces at 60 frames per second.
>>
>>322345770
>Not to mention the dogfights are fucking ruined.
How so?
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.