[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to beat Origins for the first time. I want more of it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png (984 KB, 1215x1023) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_II_Logo.png
984 KB, 1215x1023
About to beat Origins for the first time.

I want more of it. Is the sequel as complete shit as I've heard?
>>
>>322301501
>I want more of it
Then play the expansion.
Do not waste your time or money on the sequels
>>
Take everything you love about Origins...and then get rid of it.

Also, there are three dungeons they designed for the whole game. If you go into a cave on one side of the map, it's the exact same cave as the one you were in on the other side of the map, just with different passageways opened/closed.

The story was almost good though.
>>
Inquisition is actually decent.

Not great but decent.
Completely skip 2, it's atrocious and even pirate tits couldn't save it.
>>
>>322301891
>The story was almost good though.
The frame narrative was good. The story was pish.
>>
>>322301501
yes just skip it
>>
>>322302179
I really only liked the stuff dealing with the Arishok, everything else was indeed piss.
>>
>>322301501
Dragon Age 2 is worse then Origins but better than most people say it is.
>>
>>322301501
It is a blatantly rushed piece of shit, but the gameplay has much more in common with Origins than Inquisition does.
>>
>>322301501
Let me put it this way: I put 100 hours into Origins, 50 into DA2, and 150 into Inquisition. Beat them all. Don't regret it.

I heard DA2 was bad, knew I was going to be underwhelmed, so I waited patiently and paid very little for the game and actually enjoyed it, because I love the Dragon Age universe. Your choices in 2 do affect some situations and character plots in Inquisition, so you might find it worth playing through just to make sense of it all. I know if I tried to read a lore wiki, I'd have skimmed way too much.
>>
I played all of the Dragon Age games. I have placed over 100 hours on every game, and I will be honest, 2 is the one I can play over and over again.

This is because Dragon Age 2 is not "really" a Dragon Age game.

The biggest failure of Dragon Age 2 is the way it tells it's story.

Instead of an overarching plot, it's separated by 3 distinct acts. Act 2 is universally the strongest because it sets up it's conflict all the way back in Act 1. The major theme of the game and the resulting consequences of your actions should've been resolved during Act 3...but it isn't.

Instead you get half a story depending on the side you choose to help out. (I suggest Templars for a better, slightly more fleshed out story.)

One thing that I do think that shines through about the story is the companions. Most people like to shit on the Hawke's crew, but I think that's the point.

These are people with horrible flaws and extreme views, or people with giant gaping vices, and as their friend you can either Accept that and raise their Friendship or tell them they need to change and raise their Rivalry.

To not give much away, one companion you get constantly asks you to help delve deeper and deeper to their obsession informing you that they have everything under control. If you support her, they remains dignified in it and continues to do until it blows up in their face.

If you keep on trying to stop them, they rely on you less and less and when it blows up in their face, they realize just how much of a fuck up they have been.
>>
>>322304467
One of DA2's greatest crime was that they put way too much in the codex instead of showing it in the game. Had they done that events in the game wouldn't have felt so forced. Especially with Anders. Why they chose to put stuff like 'lol he is being driven insane by Justice becoming a wrath/vengeance demon who is becoming a demon because of all the fucked up things taking place due to people being driven crazy by red lyrium' in the codex instead of showing it in the game is beyond me.
>>
>>322304467
Hawke is also not the Warden. This is not a story where in you are able to save the world. This is a story about Hawke, and how he manages to miss a bunch of clues and has to live through a horrible horrible life in Kirkwall for 10 years. Really only 7 you fucking lying bioware assholes

Because of this, you are presented with choices that don't affect a large scheme, but rather a small personal story. This easiest example to point out is the Legacy DLC which depending on when you finish it and how your current relationship with certain people are, changes the ending. Nothing in the actual DLC affects this mind you, just when in the main game you do it. Dialogue changes and your impression of Hawke changes.

Some Positive things about Dragon Age 2:

Combat is improved by miles and is really fun. The animations while, over the top are great to look at and every class is not only fun to play but feels different.

If you want a more classic Origins feel to it, then I suggest playing on Nightmare, because forces you to understand the new mechanics in combat and really think about the party you want to bring.

The new approval rating is cool and I wish it was in Inquisition.

Companions and their relationships are more related. Seeing your friends hang out and knowing that certain friends hate each other is actually a nice touch bioware added.

>>322305625
I agree with you. The Game does try though.
They drop it as a huge hint at the end of Act 1 and through the rest of the game Varric will mention that he is trying to hunt it down and find it.

His Brother mentions it was a powerful woman who bought the idol and various things like that. However nothing is ever explained all that well especially the Anders thing. It is better however during the Rival relationship.

I think the Rival relationship for some of your companions are much much better. Anders mentions much more that Justice is taking over and is being taked over by his Rage.
>>
>>322302169
Don't fall for this. Inquisition is demonstrably horrible
>>
>>322306078
>>322305625
You actually see him lose control both during combat and in cutscenes where Vengeance takes over and speaks for Anders instead.

It's one of the things I really liked about 2 and wish was in Inquisition.

OP if you are still here, or if anybody is interested in playing 2 I suggest playing as a Pro-Templar character. You get to talk to a lot more people, and understand their motivation a lot better.

In terms of how you should handle the relationship with your friends

Rival: Anders, Isabela,Bethany

Friend: Carver, Fenris, Aveline

Either or: Merril, Varric, Sebastian

I'd also suggest playing a Mage, because you get Carver instead of Bethany who is much better if you attempt to make him your friend and Turn him into a grey warden

But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>322306078
OP here. You do sell it well. I'll check it out and keep my expectations low.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.