[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually watch and enjoy let's plays on youtube?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: estelle_bright_43352.jpg (14 KB, 190x285) Image search: [Google]
estelle_bright_43352.jpg
14 KB, 190x285
Do people actually watch and enjoy let's plays on youtube?

The few ones I cgecked out out of curiosity literally had the guy playing it (Trails in the Sky in this case) and READING OUT LOUD THE DIALOGUE like some amateur voice acting shit. It was so embarrassing and cringeworthy and not entertaining at all

Are they all like that? Do people actually enjoy that shit?
>>
I've never managed to watch a let's play beyond the first sentence

usually was tricked into thinking it was no commentary gameplay
>>
>>322207719

Is this TheHeroOfLight? Fuck that guy.

But to answer your question, some LetsPlays work, some don't. It depends on the title and the guy doing it. Some come off obnoxious as fuck this developing a very cancerous fanbase, some are alright.

As for games, JRPGs usually make terrible LetsPlay fodder unless it's a silent walkthrough like MasterLL or omegavolution. Horror games like Silent Hill are alright. In general its a combination of the game, and the charisma of the guy doing them
>>
I only watch EpicNameBro.
He's mature and intelligent and he seems like an overall experienced guy . I like to hear his view and opinions on things.
He's also Froms Loremaster.
>>
I enjoy DSP for autism
>>
>>322207719
It was soooooo bad shieeet
>>
>>322207719
I only watch Vinesauce
He's a cool guy, interesting to hear stuff from him
>>
Mostly people from /v/ and children born into poverty, the ones who don't play games and only shitpost about them.
>>
File: 1400915142957.jpg (87 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1400915142957.jpg
87 KB, 1440x1080
>>322207719
Good LPs are the ones made by people who know their shit about the game and make them informative, well organized and clean. Even better when those involve some feat of skill like a perfect run or crazy showoffery stunts. Some of those LPers don't even make voice commentary, using just annotations on their videos.

Any other kind of LP is pure cancer. That being said, those good LPers sometimes do have some weird tendencies like reading text aloud or even being weirdos or furries, but at least if their videos are good, it's good.

Unless you happen to like watching a guy pretending to be retarded to make 13 year olds laugh.
>>
i watch lp's of games i am currently playing out of curiosity to see what playstyle other people bring up. but i cant watch it longer than 5 minutes. all that "yoo what up everybody its killercuck51 please subscribe, rate and comment" is just too much. still searching for a letsplayer who only comments on gameplay decisions like, why is he putting points in what stats and what kind of build is aimed for.
>>
EpicNameBro and Zemalf are both good
Zemalf got a comfy finnish accent
>>
>>322208912
>>322209429
ENB is also one of the few LPers I watch, but it's weird

The guy is super chill and he knows a shit ton about the games he plays. He goes super in depth and tends to do some interesting stuff during his playthroughs.

But sometimes he just goes full retard and goes HAHA HIT HIM IN THE BALLS XDDD RIGHT IN THE BALLS in a funny accent or HEY HAVE I TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER TODAY and suddenly it's like I'm watching a random cancerous LPer for 5 minutes until he decides to go back to regular ENB mode
>>
>>322209426
Give GrtDaved a try I guess, he's alright desu
>>
>>322210286
GetDaved, not GrtDaved
>>
>>322207719
I usually like it if they have no voiceover or if the guy talking over actually makes interesting commentary.

I rarely actually finish watching an LP though. I usually watch LP's of games I've already beaten just to see them again since its usually hard for me to play through those games again.

That being said watching LP's of story-driven RPGs seems kinda annoying, I'd rather just look up the boss fight directly.
>>
>try to watch pokemon lets play
>faggot picks some shit like chikorita or cyndaquil
>instantly quit

I can't watch RPG let's plays, its even worse when I watch lets plays with people picking the most commonly used characters in rpgs like a Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko kind of thing.

I get that it hardly matters but it triggers me to no bloody end.
>>
I like them now and then. Generally, I only watch LPs for games I've either already played or never will play. I also like watching the Retsupurae guys talk over various "longplays", which are just LPs without commentary.
>>
>>322209821
It's aight, guess he needs to vent
>>
>>322210804
This. Holy shit this.

You watch games that you cant or don't wanna play but are interested in. If the LPer is good then its a win win situation.

>Hurr no friends to play with, LP cheap substitute durr
Never understood this. Was playing MGS2 with friends 3 days ago. If you like a game though but you nor friends wanna play it because reasons then go LP.

That said I only watch Cryaotic for the horror games so what do I know.
>>
>>322207719
I'm sure most people are looking for gameplay and mechanics.
I close the tab the instant anybody speaks.
>>
the only time i watch an LP is if I want to see a potential buy's gameplay

what kind of cancerous faggot actually cares about watching a bunch of fedora-tipping fatneck SJWs or edgelord anorexics?
>>
>>322207719
There was a TitS anime?
>>
File: MHRoC-Zinogre_Art_001.jpg (268 KB, 2500x3000) Image search: [Google]
MHRoC-Zinogre_Art_001.jpg
268 KB, 2500x3000
I only watch Octaneblue/Omega Revolution play MH, it not really like a LP, its more just 4 friends playing MH while talking about there mundane lives while they happen to be recorded. Its really comfy and a good friend simulator.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.