[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Gaming in the Living Room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: cK7j-MvnRoM2.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg (43 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
cK7j-MvnRoM2.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
43 KB, 620x413
Alright /v/, so Santa was nice to me with a bonus this year so I thought I'd finally take the plunge and invest in a PC for the den.

I've had a PS4 down there forever and got bored of it.

After dicking around with building the thing all day today, I finally have it up and running.

Other than Kodi, what do I do with this thing now? I need some suggestions.

It's a modest console killer, GTX 750ti with intel G3258 that I'll overclock. Cost me all of $325 bucks after rebates and I already have 2 xbxox 360 remotes.

What do you recommend I do next?
>>
Oh.. should probably mention 8 gigs of ram and Windows 10 on it.

Emulators look fun, I think Dolphin would run well on this rig?
>>
The 750Ti is a nice potatomasher.
Never heard about this CPU though.
Anyway, get some co-op games and shit.
>>
>>322142331
Eh, that CPU of yours isn't that good for emulators, I think.
>>
>Other than Kodi, what do I do with this thing now? I need some suggestions.

It's like asking what you should do with a car after you've put a CD player in it, OP.

YOU PLAY DA GAMEZ
>>
>>322142163
Eh, legacy pentium is nice for workstations but invest in a better cpu for gaming since you will just bottleneck the rest of your rig and overclocking is probably not what you should do for living room gaming since it will get loud and hot as hell unless you double dip on cooling, which could be simply better invested on a better cpu.
>>
>kodi
what
>>
>>322143985
XBMC, it just has a different name now
>>
>>322143565

Actually it's a dual-core and unlocked version which I've read you can overclock to around 4ghz on stock cooling.

Online benchmark sites show it holds up to a lower i5 when OClocked. Cost me $80 bucks so I don't mind cooking it a wee bit, will probably upgrade to a i3 or i5 later.

The chip holds it's own for how much it cost me.

http://techbuyersguru.com/best-gaming-cpus-pentium-vs-core-i3-vs-core-i5-vs-core-i7?page=4
>>
>>322143174

What games? I don't even know what this shitter will run. I haven't been into PC gaming for a long time, I've been just using console gaming to pass the time.
>>
>>322144489
Indie games or anything released before 2008 should do fine.
>>
>>322144489
>what games
Idk nigga whatever you like Christ
Need me to tell you to use the bathroom too? Gtfo
>>
>>322144489
Search on Steam for games that have support for controllers. Most of them will play nicely.
The sale goes on through Jan 4th.
>>
>>322142163
If you're going to play with a remote instead of a keyboard + mouse, and also be playing on modest hardware, there's literally no reason for you to have gotten a gaming PC. Almost every game that is playable for you is available on the PS4 or last gen's console.

The games you are generally missing out on are realtime strategy games and playing FPS with a proper control scheme. Both require keyboard + mouse, and any modern FPS is going to require a relatively new GPU in order to play it with smooth (30+) framerate.
>>
>>322147142
>Almost every game that is playable for you is available on the PS4 or last gen's console

are you retarded? there are 100's of games on PC no on PS4/last gen consoles
>>
>>322148081
Yeah, indies and F2P shit.
>>
File: sdfsdfsdf.png (4 KB, 400x74) Image search: [Google]
sdfsdfsdf.png
4 KB, 400x74
There are over 10000 games on sale on Steam

Instead of asking "what should i play", how the fuck you start looking into a category you feel interested in.
>>
>>322142163
it's a fucking HTPC, anon. Eventually you can do on a PS4, you do on a HTPC.

You do shit like stream games to your phones, make mass media player, turn HTPC into a ultimate media center if you have shit ton of storage lying around.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.