[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be another videogame with as interesting fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (751 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
751 KB, 1600x1200
Will there ever be another videogame with as interesting fantasy settings as the original Guild Wars?

It's probably the only time I've ever seen African fantasy done at all and it managed to be great, Factions covered Asia witout being generic or weaboo trash, and even the base game did lots of weird shit to set it apart from D&D. I'm still heartbroken that we never got the Mesoamerica setting, and that GW2 is such shit.
>>
It'll never happen again bro. We can just cherish the memories.
>>
>>322140741
Not only that, but its gameplay is pretty unique too
fuck arenanet
>>
File: Istan_loading_screen.jpg (126 KB, 1024x512) Image search: [Google]
Istan_loading_screen.jpg
126 KB, 1024x512
WE
>>
I keep forgetting that Guild Wars 2 even exists. The guild I used to be a part of when I played GW1 had a forum that basically died when GW2 came out and everyone went to LoL instead.
>>
Granted I never bought Factions (Only Prophecies and Nightfall) but I don't get why people say Factions is their favorite campaign. Prophecies is fucking godlike.
>>
you're aware it's still possible to play this, right nostalgiafags?
inb4 hurr it's a masterpiece but with small community it's unplayable
>>
>>322143819
It's playable, it's just a different experience. It works as a co-op game with some friends, but it's never really going to feel like an MMO again.
>>
>>322142940
I refuse to believe that anyone perpetuating this shitty meme is old enough to have played GW1.
>>
I'd rather GW2 not existed and GW1 just get new expansions even now.
>>
>>322143479
Its a 4chan thing I think.

I remember back in its hayday everybody fucking hated factions and rejoiced when the prophecies team came back for nightfall.
>>
>>322144503
I like factions' settings a lot, all of the areas are really interesting
>>
>>322144503
Factions wasn't made by the same people?
>>
>>322144503
Factions had a nice design but holy shit was it fucking annoying with all those exploding mutants.
>>
>>322140741
Guildwars 1 is my goat. thinking about that game makes me sad that its dead.
>>
>>322144929
They had an A team and B team. Orginial plan was to alternate the expansions.

Team 1 made Prophacies and Nightfall.
T2 did Factions.
I want to say T1 did EOTN but around then their plans changed as they were gearing up for GW2 rather than just continuing the standalone campaigns. Hence why this game became an expansion instead.
>>
>>322145290
So Team B/2 were going to create the Mesoamerica campaign?
>>
>>322140741

guild wars had perhaps the best class system of any RPG of all time, rip.
>>
>>322145394
Yep. What sucks now looking back is that the continued pattern would have been much better than GW2. But if I remember right one of the reasons they ended up going forward with 2 was that they fucked their back end database up programming wise.

This is the reason why EOTN introduced PVE only skills and the source of constant bitching between pve and pvp players.

>>322145424
I'd agree with of any mmorpg. Being able to come up with creative, somewhat viable to op shit with almost any combo rocked.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.