[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any good RTS games for consoles? I don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: Total War Rome II.jpg (62 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
Total War Rome II.jpg
62 KB, 300x425
Are there any good RTS games for consoles? I don't have a PC nor do I have the means to play on a friends. I love games like the Total War series, and I'm wondering what /v/ would recommend to someone who's only means of playing video games are on the Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Big fan of history and the Roman era in particular, so pic related was my favorite. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>>
Halo Wars series, all memes aside, were pretty decent as far as console RTS go.
There's also a port of SupCom, C&C3, RA3 and I think expansions for both for the 360. Not sure how those play, own them on PC.
>>
>>322139496
>Halo Wars series
>series

Isn't it just the one game?
>>
>RTS
>Total War
Total War is TBS+RTT hybrid, not an RTS by any conceivable stretch.
>>
I'm really sorry, what's SupCom and RA3? I know you were referring to Command and Conquer 3 for the other one.
>>
>>322139870
Well the big few games I've played like this were Rise of Nations and it's expansions when I was much younger, and Rome II when it first came out. I really like the style of gaming, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if you didn't lead troops on the ground when you did sieges and army to army conflicts
>>
File: supreme-commander-360_225.jpg (27 KB, 225x321) Image search: [Google]
supreme-commander-360_225.jpg
27 KB, 225x321
>>322139974
SupCom is Supreme Commander, a pretty good RTS and I guess as close as you'll get to the scale in Total War games. The second one is also on consoles but it sucks desu senpai
RA 3 is Red Alert 3, the C&C spinoffs series and honestly better than the main games
>>
>>322140161
Thank you for the suggestions! I'm assuming because it's a newer console, nothing respectable in this genre of gaming has come out for it yet?
>>
>>322140161
SupCom 2 might suck compared to 1 and FA, but it actually makes some sense as a console game. I think I would be a fan if I didn't have access to a PC.
>>
>>322140606
>I'm assuming because it's a newer console, nothing respectable in this genre of gaming has come out for it yet?

There's barely any RTS games coming out on PC since 2010, let alone getting ported over to consoles at additional expense to the developers.

There's only Halo Wars 2 but keep in mind this game is being done by a team of nobodies who have nothing to do with the people who created Halo Wars 1 nor Creative Assembly.
>>
>>322141116
Why do you think the RTS genre is doing so poorly? People just not buying?
>>
>>322141284
Expensive and hard to make.
The potential profit is not high enough.

Anyone who has the resources and personnel needed to make a good RTS game simply has them make a different game that will sell about twenty times as much and cost half of the proposed budget to make.
And we're not talking about a shitty cash grab here, either.
>>
>>322141284
It's only the 90s style C&C clones that aren't really being made so much. Total War is a turn based/rts hybrid with some of the most in depth real time tactical gameplay around. Gettysburg is a good one that just came out and Cossacks 3 is supposed to be coming out soon. Homeworld Remastered and HD re-release of AoE came out fairly recently and although they're obviously remakes, they're a good choice if you didn't play the to death the first time around.
>>
>>322141609
That's a shame.

>>322141793
Turn based strategy games are really fun also. I'd love suggestions in that realm if you've got more.
>>
GLADIATOR
>>
>>322141997
Again for consoles your choices are limited. Maybe Civilization Revolutions?
>>
>>322142104
Gladiator?

>>322142207
Okay, so the suggestions so far are:
Halo Wars
Supreme Commander
Command and Conquer 3
Red Alert 3
Supreme Commander 2 (Maybe)
Gettysburg
Cossacks 3
Homeworld Remastered
Civilization Revolutions
>>
>>322139291
Battalion Wars for Wii is fun but the online was never populated. I'm sure it's completely dead now
>>
>>322142757
>Gladiator?

Allow me to rephrase:
GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIATOOOOOR
>>
>>322142757
>Gettysburg
>Cossacks 3
>Homeworld Remastered
I don't think those are on consoles.
>>
The XCOM series has some pretty fun turn based tactical games. Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within are pretty good. All the good mods and XCOM 2 are only available for PC though.
>>
>>322139686
Second one was announced: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/halo-wars-2
>>
>>322142924
Crap. So much for those.
>>
>>322143623
You know you could probably buy a used PC for a 150 bucks that would play 90% of the PC games.
>>
>>322143778
A 150 buck PC is generally a bad investment.
Buying the newest shit is retarded but so is buying old crap for a handful of bucks.

Though yes, it is pretty unfortunate choice of a system on his side, that's pretty uch the point of this thread.
>>
>>322143778
I don't know enough about PC gaming and the actual specs required to run these games, but I'm a college student who received my consoles as joint gifts from various family members. I don't have a bunch of extra cash to drop on a new console because I have a genre of game I can't play much of right now. Also, my friend actually does have a very nice gaming PC that I'd gotten my taste of Rome II on and it's a beautiful game, but the way I play "Out produce, and swarm their forces with superior equipped and trained troops" and leads to some massive battles that even his PC struggles to maintain the frame rate.

>>322144105
My point exactly.
>>
>>322142885
Do you mean Sword of Vengeance? It looks more like a Mortal Kombat type game than anything.
>>
>>322145471
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irXQid4peS0
>>
>>322145717
so good
I like the newer ones but Rome was the first one for me and it definitely made the biggest impression.
>>
>>322145839
I'd like to play the original Total War Rome some day as well.
>>
>>322143113
Total War games haven't been doing it for me since 2010, but I'm really fucking hyped to see what CA is doing with HW2.
>>
Banner Saga is a pretty great game that will have a console release of both the first and the second game later in 2016 for consoles.

TBS, you might want to look into it, OP.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.