[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why aren't we solving this? don't tell me you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: ARG.png (18 KB, 305x205) Image search: [Google]
ARG.png
18 KB, 305x205
why aren't we solving this?

don't tell me you guys are gonna let Leddit take all the credit, right?
>>
>>322132905
Who fucking cares? Are you like 15?
>>
File: 1226334960016.gif (2 KB, 426x304) Image search: [Google]
1226334960016.gif
2 KB, 426x304
Like I know what that is or give a flying fuck about cheevos.
>>
>>322132905
The only ARG i would give a shit about is HL3 and this aint HL3
>>
File: Alligator fairy.jpg (587 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Alligator fairy.jpg
587 KB, 900x900
>>322132905

the fuck is this?
>>
I don't know what this is and am not interested in gay shit.
>>
literally who cares?
>>
>>322133149
>am not interested in gay shit
you're in the wrong place then family
>>
Man, valve isn't even trying anymore. I didn't even know there was a comic for this shit until someone offhandedly mentioned it.
>>
>>322132905
This is the worst gimmick they have done, I want the auctions back fan
>>
/v/ hasn't actually done anything since 2010
>>
>>322133030
>>322133146

there's an ARG going on the Steam store

in your internet browser (must be logged in), go to any game in the store and type in the search bar "SEARCH"

the page will ask for a password
people found the password for a couple of games already, like hitman games, that returned a code that linked to a .wav file;
the grim fandango remaster password lead to undertale's page, that lead to ikaruga's page

that's the rough of it, not much has been found yet

a couple of Valve employees have the badge on OPs picture, which is probably what you get for completing the ARG
>>
I stopped caring about ARGs after KING KONG KING KING KING KONG

nobody can top that, I'd only be setting myself up for disappointment
>>
File: king kong.jpg (736 KB, 666x1270) Image search: [Google]
king kong.jpg
736 KB, 666x1270
>>322133640
AY YO DIS BEAT IZ BANANAZ
>>
File: its nothing.jpg (26 KB, 560x458) Image search: [Google]
its nothing.jpg
26 KB, 560x458
>>322133618
Oh, so it's a big nothing. Well, at the very least, thank you for spelling it out for me.
>>
>>322133640
Portal 2 was pretty much the last one that i gave a fuck about, it was good and that was it

Also XCOM 2
>>
>>322132905
Because Reddit is
>>
>>322132905
I only care about this badge, how do I get it? I'm almost level 30
>>
>>322133860
solve the ARG, nigga
>>
unless it gets us a free game/further discounts, I don't give a fuck
>>
>>322133618
Its not Half Life 3, and I couldn't give a single damm about what Valve did for a shitty new year ARG challenge kinda deal.

Boring.
>>
>>322134108
Yeah what the fuck could this ARG lead up to?

Nothing
>>
>>322134108
Luckily for not you, it doesn't.
It's just bullshit to build up and save face after the whole "info leak."
Only the 35K or so people who had their info leaked will even got a real apology, let alone free shit. This is just leading to coupons that are worthless because they offer a smaller discount than current and can't be used on top of the sale.
>>
>I only participate in things that could potentially give me free stuff

damn you guys are fucking shit heads
why do you even play videogames then?

ARGs are always fun to solve, but I guess you really hate fun after all
>>
children, please stop making up acronyms. that is all.
>>
>>322134565
>>ARGs are always fun to solve, but I guess you really hate fun after all

I do hate fun faggot
>>
>>322134565
I play mindless action games like risk of rain. I'll use guides or just watch let's plays for anything more complicated
>>
>>322134565
>ARGs are always fun to solve
Not when they're convoluted as fuck, see: earlier this year with Steakmund Mcmuffin who couldn't even deliver a full game by release and feigned ignorance, withheld content for 109 hours, released said content, then ARG drop that required you live in a specific area where he hid a doll.
>>
>>322134565
These ARGs don't rely on collaboration like every good ARG. The Portal 2 ARG had people from different backgrounds coming together using their area of expertise. This is literally just "FIND THE NEXT PASSWORD"-tier shit.
>>
>>322134797

The guy you're responding to is a faggot but you're like a +2 power faggot.
>>
>>322135036

How do you even start it? What's the first clue?
>>
>>322135294
things hidden in the christmas comic
>>
>>322135294
the first page of the comic had a barcode, that lead people to the Hitman franchise

when you type SEARCH in one of the franchise's game page and input the number of the barcode "94050999014715" it returns "ic/4f21ca7"

if you add "/4f21ca7" to "http://store.steampowered.com/wintercomic" you get a .wav file that says “I was on the right track. I could feel it. Tomorrow I was going to search again”

if you search "Blitzen" (referenced in the webcomic) on the Steam store you go to Grim Fandango's page, and imputting "“Hot toddies and maseratis" (page 6 in the comic) in the password prompt, it directs you to Undertale

Undertale's password is "bullet hell", that leads to Ikaruga

that's all there is to it as of now
>>
File: jameson enjoys this.jpg (37 KB, 362x324) Image search: [Google]
jameson enjoys this.jpg
37 KB, 362x324
>>322133742
I remember the rest of the internet going apeshit because it was RUINED FOREVER and how /v/ just thought it was hilarious.
What a great time.
>>
>>322136064
There is one dev who has undertale and ikaruga in recente activity. He also has ghost on shell game there, i guess it's the next game that accepts a password
>>
>>322136064
Somehow imputting code does nothing to me. Maybe it's my browser? Also SEARCH only works if I manually imput it, not with copypaste.
>>
>>322137436
yeah, he was messing with his profile some minutes ago, he made it private, then he was level 0 with no badges, now there's a new description on the profile
probably not the right place to look at, but the Ghost in The Shell game might be a clue

>>322137440
Firefox doesn't work for me
using shitty Microsoft Edge works fine
>>
>>322133742
>>322137232
Can you spoonfeed me about this?
>>
>>322138029
Guy mods Majora's Mask to make it spooky and shit, starts up this story about it being some old copy of the game with creepy save files or something.
If I'm not mistaken it's what really kicked off the "find creepy game cartridge and play it and get muh guts spooked off" trend of stories.

People mostly remember it now for the April Fool's joke that came at the end, which was just Goron Link running around and playing the drums with a rap song about car stereo systems playing.
>>
What the fuck does ARG even mean?
>>
>>322138723
>ARG
All retarded game
>>
>>322138370
never heard of the Ben Drowned creepypasta? the dude behind it was an absolute madman and made everyone buthurt

>>322138723
Alternate Reality Game
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.