[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who were the best pvpers in vanilla WoW? >Niar >Drakedog
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 20131011031539a0dlox6zu3vf5y8i.jpg (70 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
20131011031539a0dlox6zu3vf5y8i.jpg
70 KB, 640x427
Who were the best pvpers in vanilla WoW?
>Niar
>Drakedog
>Otherguy(sorrow hill series)
>Zalgradis
>Perkulator
>World of Roguecraft
>>
I was
>>
>>322132527
Niar inspired me to make my own Rogue and go trolling in major citiesbetween gankings
>>
>>322132527
ur mom lol
>>
>>322132527
fucking this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95UNBeSubQ

He inspired me to make my PvP video, which did kinda good.
>>
>>322132862
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRVkgf-gYV4

Claw's pvp videos inspired me to roll a druid, his play style really made me rethink druids as a pvp threat at the time, using a combination of engineering and smart play
>>
>>322132527
I'm not really sure because I'm not A NERD YOU'RE A NEEEEEERD FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I HATE YOU GO AWAY GO AWAY GO AWAYYYYYYY
>>
>>322133081
OP here, I guess the fact that I remember WoW character names that pvped from that long ago is kind of nerdy
>>
What was that tauren warrior's name again? I think he made that super popular video where he abused that one bug where warriors could spec into Mortal Strike and Death Wish at the same time (which would usually require you to spend 52 points while you had 51). Or maybe I'm mixing shit up.
>>
>>322132527
Objectively Vurtne.
He played the hardest class, after all.
>>
>>322133292
Yea that was a bug for a while. Maybe Pat made a pvp video showcasing that , I know a lot of war pvp videos came out around that time on warcraftmovies.
>>
>>322133405
yea Vurtne was definitely one of the best mages at the time. he was incredibly skilled.
>>
Out of the popular ones, Vurtne was legit good, it's difficult to tell from cherrypicked fights where things went well for him but he clearly has excellent reactions and moments of brilliance (one example that I remember is throwing a grenade at a succubus about to seduce him while counterspell, Ice Block, Cold Snap and WotF are all on cooldown, such a niche use of an ability that it pretty much must be thinking with on your feet rather than something practised) and I feel he'd be good by any modern standards.

Some others, like Laintime, are competent but thinking from a perspective with many players having 10k+ hours of personal experience and a decade's worth of collective know-how the community has acquired, they're nothing special (I was impressed by Laintime at the time but give me few hours to get used to binds and my play would be largely indistinguishable, which I don't think is bragging or anything as I've played WoW several times more than he could possibly have even if he had played 24/7 from the moment it was released, it's EXPECTED) . And many, like Drakedog, Pat, Unbreakable and such like are actually bad as far as skill goes. Certainly better than an average shitter but there probably was tens of thousands of players more capable than them even at the time.

Anyway, realistically they probably are players who haven't made videos and that no one knows about (not me).
>>
>>322133735
>>322132527

Most of the vanilla pvp videos were people in full BWL/AQ40 gear just camping the fuck out of fresh-60's or keyboard turners in AV. Pat was the absolute worst of them all; all he did was ride around in AV fully buffed with his team of 3 healers and one-shot a warlock in greens.

Vurtne was good, Perkulator had some good fights, but the best was some random UD rogue who didn't even have BWL gear who would fight AQ40-geared people, sometimes 2 at a time, and win consistently. I've never found his video again but it was pretty good.
>>
>it's another wow thread
what the fuck happened to this place?
>>
>>322133735
It was kind of a different environment at the time, When vanilla WoW was rolling out we didnt have twitch and it took a very long time for the pvp scene to grow on warcraft movies. I remember that site having very few uploads the first several months into WoW. Even then they were mostly ninjaloot videos and raids wiping on low perecentage onyxia runs.

I think a lot of the names I remember just rose to prominence in my mind because there were so few people (compared to now), recording/broadcasting their pvp game.

I think Drakedog had a lot of significance and influence on warlock pvp playstyles, You could almost see other warlocks borrowing from his style in later warlock pvp videos. Old pvp videos are kind of a glimpse into how people were adapting and learning to play the game at that time.
>>
>>322132527
>>Drakedog

isn't that just the warlock that would seduce and cast shadowbolt and repeat till they died? Works if you're horde, I guess but 95% of horde players were UD to get carried by the FIVE FUCKING SECOND IMMUNITY
>>
Athene the best paladin in the world
>>
>>322134075
>Most of the vanilla pvp videos were people in full BWL/AQ40 gear just camping the fuck out of fresh-60's or keyboard turners in AV.

Truest statement in this thread. Vanilla WoW pvp was the pinnacle of "no skill". The game has little, if any, skill required.

Make two warriors. Now, give someone who's never played the game before a character with full gladiator pvp gear. Then give the best arena player in the world the other warrior in full questing greens.

The new player would win every duel because there is little skill in WoW pvp.
>>
>>322134350
His good videos were made with shitty gear and at a time when DC had a 10min. CD, so it had some merit.
>>
>>322134515
vanilla WOW didnt have gladiator pvp gear or arena players, you talking out of your ass.
>>
File: another night in silvermoon.gif (1 MB, 423x280) Image search: [Google]
another night in silvermoon.gif
1 MB, 423x280
>>322134208
/v/ actually used to have daily wow lewd thread up at all time

If anything, the wow thread frequency are at their all time low right now
>>
>>322134614
>vanilla WOW didnt have gladiator pvp gear or arena players, you talking out of your ass.

I meant nowadays, obviously. The game has never evolved past whoever has the best setup. Look at the arena, 95% of it is humans due to the broken pvp racial.
>>
>>322134704
>people pay actual real money for nyuunzi's trash

Why?
>>
>>322134246
Certainly, Drakedog was influential. Maybe he even innovated his chosen playstyle rather than learning from someone else we don't know about (which is a skill in itself). But while he did grow as a player (look at his WotLK videos for example and it's a huge difference compared to vanilla, although they're still mostly about cool editing), looking at it now, his play was really clumsy.
>>
>>322134549

yeah, but it literally only worked for one faction because something like 75% of horde were UD abusing the shit out of win of the forsaken
>>
Anyone watched Rifluvr? There wasn't many hunter videos in TBC if i remember.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjbcb7YRGgw
>>
>>322134901
I honestly don't remember too many hunter pvp videos pre-tbc, except maybe Enitsu/Jir https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7UzJB_BRFk
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjV8ZgNDWYU

Never found him to be particularly good, and stomped him several times, but he sure do know how to make videos
>>
>>322134876
>muh racials
kill yourself you ruin all the fun of the game
>>
>>322134901
Ah yeah I forgot about him, he was amazing.

There was also Rokhazulu, who was less good but entertaining to watch
http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=54430
>>
>>322135426

>muh fun was having a free win button against 3 classes

behold, the cancer
>>
Angwe
>>
never forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiO1eQoo9bQ
>>
>skill in wow (or any mmorpg) pvp

all my keks.

determined by 2 things: gear and whatever class that was recently buffed.

there was no skill involved. there will never be skill invovled in mmorpg pvp.
>>
>cherrypicked videos uploaded to give the illusion of "skill"

the only "skill" I see in these videos is someone outgearing someone. MMORPG has never been about skill. It's more about who has the least amount of life.
>>
The best PVPers were the people who lived the closest to the WoW servers.
>>
>>322136536
>>322136703
>i dont know what i'm talking about:the posts
>>
>>322132527
>best
>vanilla
uhhh, did you mean bc senpai?
>>
>>322132527

>Not mentioning your brother, Kamil
>>
>>322136838
I've played vanilla wow and all the expansions except for pandaria.

It's not hard to be good in a fucking MMORPG you fucking retard and if you legitimately think that they require skill, you are obviously a fucking scrub.

The only thing that keeps arena teams separate is how dumb your partner(s) are or how much luck you or your enemies have (crits).
>>
>>322137641
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about because most of the people mentioned in this very thread made videos with full green/blue gear.

World of Roguecraft had sections with full white gear for fuck's sake.
>>
>>322137794
Yeah, your opponent is a retard or is a class that is hard-countered by your class.

So fucking hard.

Also, let me read you a quote from my previous post
>cherrypicked videos uploaded to give the illusion of "skill"

And yes I mad because I refuse to believe someone out there legitimately think that any MMORPG require "skill". I cannot fathom how fucking dumb you have to be in order to not realize that it is basically GEAR vs GEAR or some variation of that.
>>
>>322138138
>your opponent is a retard
>he plays bad
>you play better so you win despite having worse gear
>this somehow means that skill doesn't matter at all

Way to corner yourself retard.
>>
>>322138326
Not when the skill ceiling is literally "don't be braindead".

It's like you think staying alive requires "skill".

>A LAVA PIT?
>OMG HE DIDN'T JUMP INTO IT!

WOW, SKILL!!!!
>>
>>322138683
>literally admitting there's a skill ceiling, burying your whole argument
Just leave already.
>>
>>322138326
>the worse player does shit like turn his back towards the "pro" player and just stands there
>doesn't cast abilities other than once in a while but rather just run straight at him autoattacking, not reacting to anything the other player does

Yeah, wow. What a skilled player he was in order to win that.

Take any normal player that has played the game before, give them top-tier gear and put them against these "pro players" in greens/blues and the normal player will win every time.
>>
>>322132527
>Zalgradis

This man was an inspiration to all paladin engineers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr_inDkNPBQ
>>
>tfw pvp used to be a community of people who recognized each other and now it's just randoms vs randoms
shit sucks
>>
>>322138970
I never said there wasn't a "skill ceiling".

It's that the "skill ceiling" is so fucking low that it shouldn't even be a fucking factor. My grandma could literally win a fight vs one of these "pro pvpers" if she had their gear and they didn't.

Fuck you, I'm done with this because nobody can be as fucking dumb to think wow pvp requires skill.
>>
>>322134421
This
>>
>>322139053
In world of roguecraft he fights warriors with PvP gear while he's naked and wins.
>>
>>322138970
>you hit the skill ceiling by:
>being able to push buttons
>know the abilities of your class

woa so skillfull. You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>322136536
Except that's bullshit pal, climbed to glad range several times with subpar comp

Skill was a thing
>>
>>322139471
vanilla WoW did take skill, maybe you just dont know what your talking about.
>>
>>322139839
>class is OP and can stunlock
>skill
>>
Not sure, but I'll tell you who the shittiest pvpers were. That Warrior who kept trying fight me at LM with his Thunderfury's. My nigga, you do no damage. ZERO. Do you see how retarded you look standing your goofy night elf ass there slashing at me with your legendary flashy shit and not even being able to break my PW:S? Just leave and go run Strat or something buddy.
>>
>>322139053
>Take any normal player that has played the game before, give them top-tier gear and put them against these "pro players" in greens/blues and the normal player will win every time.

Demolished several full pvp gear with my blue starter gear in durotar
Put 3 full pvp trashcan against 3 full blue multiple gladiators

The glads will SWD every sheep, CS every spells, fakecast every CS, have a proper focus, keep their CD for when they need it and win every fucking time
>>
>>322139998
They aren't typically full stunlocks, check out the video. Also yes what he does definitely requires skill, no need to be salty, family.
>>
File: 1432600860787.jpg (13 KB, 211x208) Image search: [Google]
1432600860787.jpg
13 KB, 211x208
>>322132527
It amazes me how fuckers gave a shit about these queers.
Especially because there was no actual measure of skill outside of shitty videos with linkin park playing.
>>
That shaman on my server walking around with a sulfuras smashing people with windfury procs
>>
Drakedog was an actual legend

The Zezima of WoW

all those other fuckers who even gives a fuck
>>
>>322132527
who the fuck cares? that was forever ago from a shit game that people still suck the cock of blizz for more shit
>>
>>322132527
>Who were the best pvpers in vanilla WoW?

Vanilla wow was never about skill as it was about equipment.

Better items = bigger advantage

It never mattered how good you were if you had shit items and faced somebody with epics
>>
>>322132527
Not a single mention of Grim, did you faggots even play vanilla?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VX7RuUcd-3Q
>>
>>322140250
>being THIS desperate for attention
>>
>CTRL + F
>"Eryx"
>ZERO FUCKING RESULTS

YALL DO NOT KNOW - S H I T - ABOUT PVP IN NILLA WOW
>>
>>322140330
That is completely untrue, pvp in vanilla was over faster, and the winner was the person who combod his abilitiesand read his opponent the best, of course gear helped, but no more than it does these days.

Modern wow pvp is more of a game of attrition, classes have been homogenized every patch since vanilla. You watch a duel now and what you see is 2 people doing pve dps rotation one ach other until one dies.

Vanilla pvp was far more reaction based than it is now.
>>
wow, do you fuckers not know about the legend that is Swifty? AKA the best warrior to grace us with his presence in nilla and taht nigga was NE?
>>
>ctrl F vurtne
>4 results
>ctrl F Laintime
>2 results, 1 post

90% of this thread needs to be permabanned

Pat, Maydie, Unbreakable, etc. were all popular on youtube but were actually pretty trash

Maydie and Unbreakable abused broken/bugged mechanics with faceroll classes, and Pat literally had 10-12 people following him spamming heals and buffs at all times

Vurtne consistently 1v3d in world pvp and won, Laintime had his shaman buddy and no one else and would take on entire raid groups

fucking educate yourselves before you try to talk on the subject
>>
>>322140598
you mean this guy ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s52c1Ve4_7o
>>
>Vanilla PvP

Hahaha. Look at me guys, I can get all of my butt buddies together and go into BG's and roll over random PUGs with my coordinated premade. Get owned kid!
>>
>>322140330
Nope. See: Roguecraft.

Also, you could ream a higher level/gear rogue as a hunter. I killed a skull rogue while at 43 as a hunter, just kited him to death.
>>
>>322139897
I can also confirm this. My arena teammate and I got to duelist smashing fotm fags in the most cancerous edition of PvP known as BC.
>>
>>322132527
Laintime.
>>
>>322140151
literally every vanilla server had an Unbreakable wannabe on it

fun fact: windfury was bugged back then, that's why he was able to 1v1 plate wearers and kill them instantly, there was a glitch with how it calculated crits on procs
>>
>>322132527
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiO1eQoo9bQ

Somethingawf
GOAT
>>
>>322140816
You mean windfury could proc windfuy from itself. This was fixed VERY early in the game, well before unbreakable made his videos.

Unbreakable was just a hack who only editied in his double and triple windfury crits, which were fairly rare in reality.

Windfury was just a bit overpowered.
>>
seems like all the best pvpers also happened to have the best gear available, what a strange coincidence
>>
File: 38775.gif (24 KB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
38775.gif
24 KB, 320x213
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNHQ220s1C0
>>
>>322141021
some1s buttmad
>>
what was that rogue pvp video again
>>
>>322141321
see>>322140892
>>
>>322141013
no, I know what you're talking about

there was a bug that was hotfixed within 48 hours when Unbreakable captured most of the gameplay for his video, the official patch notes are hard to find from back then

what happened was after windfury procced, it would calculate whether each hit was a crit or not before it would calculate and register the hits, the bug made it so that if any of the hits was a crit it would make them all crits, Unbreakable isn't the only one who was abusing the fuck out of this back then, he was just the first to make a video
>>
>>322141232
I was like him. I used to get asshurt over geared people shitting on me BG's. At the start of TBC though I was one of the first horde paladins to get to 70 and ended up getting into the best guild on my server due to my special snowflake status. Got super lucky in our first few Kara clears which we did really early. I remember going into BG's and being literally unkillable and also shitting damage like I had God Mode on or some shit. Was fun as fuck.
>>
>>322141403
nah it was one where the guy strips naked and stunlocks people
>>
File: 1370858024262[1].jpg (82 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1370858024262[1].jpg
82 KB, 500x500
>>322140330
Most retarded post I've seen today
>>
>>322141617
World of Roguecraft
>>
>>322140330
Found the wrathbabby who parrots bullshit to fit in. Vanilla PvP was broken because of insanely one-sided class matchups.
>>
>>322141617
world of roguecraft
>>
>>322141521
I was an active enhancement shaman all through vanilla and I followed people like unbreakable and creed like the tryhard I was. I do not ever remember this bug though, sounds like something you would expect on a private server.
>>
>>322132527
>Who were the best pvpers in vanilla WoW?
Anyone that actually turned with their mouse in a world full of keyboard turners.
>>
File: 1439849222405.jpg (61 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1439849222405.jpg
61 KB, 500x374
That crazy fucking Korean Laintime would shit on 90% of this thread.

Solo Warrior was the hardest class in the game to be successful with and he would take on 2-3 guys regularly. And this was before the HWL gear got buffed so it wasn't even that great.
>>
>>322141690
They weren't that one sided if you knew what you were doing.
>>
>HAMSTRING
>MORTAL STRIKE
>HUGE NUMBERS
WOW.

SUCH SKILL!!!
>>
>>322141653
>gear ment nothing in wow!

So stating the truth makes people retarded?

Yeah I guess I do remember people running around naked in BG because having epics ment nothing!

Jesus you are retarded anon
>>
>>322132527
VURTNE
U
R
T
N
E

Seriously, compared to him, most people are mediocre. Most people you've listed were still really good for their time though.
>>
>>322141801
I don't know when they were recorded but at least his later videos had AQ40 gear, including Dark Edge of Insanity from C'thun
>>
>>322141958
Don't forget execute!
>>
>>322132862
link?
>>
>>322141879
>Be warrior vs mage
>get a max of 3 hits off
>die

wew
>>
>>322132527

Yooneek the rogue, holy fuck that nigga raped hard.
>>
>>322140657

nah, this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQMRBA7tEPk
>>
File: 1440792139649.gif (903 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1440792139649.gif
903 KB, 300x200
>mfw all these salty, sad anons who will never get to experience the fun of vanilla PvP
>>
>>322135993

this is satire right?
>>
File: 1433765175797.jpg (356 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1433765175797.jpg
356 KB, 800x800
>>322142249
Really is pathetic.

It's so easy to spot a Wrathbabby.
>>
>>322132527
Blizzard has systematically destroyed the warrior class over the years.
>>
File: 1376010321916.jpg (10 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1376010321916.jpg
10 KB, 256x256
>Play GW prophecies before I started playing WoW
>Was in a top 5 GvG guild
>Notorious Monk in the Arena and in HoH

>Start playing WoW because factions was ass
>mfw PvP in WoW

Anyone who says it wasnt 100% about gear is a delusional fuck. Zero skill involved. I didnt touch PvP again until resil was introduced.
>>
>>322142231
Its not hard to conclude that swifty clearly had a payed subscription to a website like blizzhackers to find all these sploits and glitches or as he calls them - 'tricks'
>>
>>322141879
nigger go play nost and come back when you realize how fucking retarded you are
>>
>>322141712
It happened. I was arms warrior doing the battlegrinds at the time and when word got out, the queues were like 50% enh shamans trying to take advantage of the bug.

Thankfully, they were almost all fucking terrible, so anyone with any talent at all would tear them apart when their shit didn't proc an instagib.
>>
>>322142231
Swifty is a fucking sellout. He was never good.
>>
>>322140657
even if he made a cringeworthy video he is still top skilled player
>>
File: h.webm (3 MB, 900x720) Image search: [Google]
h.webm
3 MB, 900x720
which expansion has been the best for 2v2 arenas?
>>
Personally as a rogue, I always admired Akrios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chlMTnjbfyM

trigger warning: wrath footage
>>
>>322142381
There are dozens of vanilla pvp videos of people playing purposely in blue gear and still winning due to superior play. You just never git gud.
>>
>>322142358
Nigga, I quit 1/3rd of the way through wrath. Vast majority of time spent in vanilla and TBC. It just started to get so samey and the push the massive casualization really started there.
>>
>>322142249
>>322142358
>implying vanilla wasn't the most basic form of wow

Take off your goggles grandpa vanilla was cool because it was a new experience, seriously go play nostalrius and realize what a solved boring game it REALLY was
>>
>>322142501
None. 2v2 has always been a poorly balanced mess.
>>
Me

Because I was HWL on my warrior and all I did was just one shot people.

I am a god honestly.
>>
Is it even worth getting into nowadays? I kind of want to play WoW, but I know it's all casualized shit. I guess some small part of me still yearns for the old days of WoW, but hated the old parts as well.
>>
>>322142413
Did you even play vanilla?
>>
>>322142249
>45 minute WSG queues
>20 hour AV games
>Broken honor system that requires 3 people playing one account 24/7 to get PVP ranks
>completely facerolled by premade teams in full t2+ armor
>no way to PVP if you're talent spec is for PVE raiding

yup, sad I will never get to experience the fun of vanilla PVP again,.
>>
>>322142381
>I waited for the broken as fuck stat to get introduced before playing

Kill yourself, senpai.
>>
>>322142473
I hope this is bait, Swifty is fucking shit and is a total meme in the higher end arena community these days.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/200616-official-thread-is-swifty-a-good-warrior/page__st__20
>>
>>322142525
Nice sources man. Top notch 3/10 bait there.

Inb4 you link me a video of some pro PUGstomping BG's with his premade.

>b-but we're in blues!
>>
>>322142501

>giving a shit about arena with a game whose best moments were about open world PVP

The best was Tarren Mill vs Southshore
>>
>>322142725
Nope. The magic is gone.
>>
>>322140427
MUH FUKKIN NIQQUH, eryx was easily a top 3 rogue in wow in vanilla. if he kept making videos he would probably be more popular than fucking swifty. also GOAT soundtracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBv_JyanFhY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkCwcLpvxKI

get educated fools
>>
>>322132527
>farm epics
>join a BG
>destroy all the greens
>skill
>>
>>322142774
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh_cLN66zHA

knock yourself out
>>
>>322142734
yes I did and while I thought it was a 10/10 game when i was 14 years old like everything else to go back and actually reexperience it made me realize that it was really shit.
>>
>>322142501
pacing of wotlk 2v2 was amazing, but it also had some really stupid shit like frost dk with ulduar sigil making frost strike 2 shot (to be fair, every single season has stupid shit)
>>
>>322142737
>caring about BGs
>caring about honor
>not staying in PvP spec so you can fuck people up in open world PvP

Lol.
>>
>>322142758
All I see is a thread full of salty tryhards who probably are the proud owners of failing YouTube channels.

>one guy saying Pat > Swifty

el oh el
>>
>>322142649
But nostalrius is fucking awesome and has an actual community, which is more than I can say for retail.
>>
>>322142868
>farm epics
good luck with that
>>
>>322142249
vanilla pvp ?
>do battleground, get mc'd and ran out of the instance
>twinks in every bracket pre 60 because bgs didn't give xp
>spend 2 hours running around ab because you cant afford the 100% speed mount
>play literally 20 hours a day if you want to get any real pvp gear
>world pvp didn't exist, it was either you absolutely destroying someone or the other way around, neither are fun
>>
>>322142734
What are you even disagreeing about? That gear didn't matter? It always mattered. And still does.
>>
>>322142847
>MUH FUKKIN NIQQUH
>watch the video for a couple of mins
>guy is in full epic set and epic weapons aswell
>attacks random people in green/rare great
>somehow he is skilled

I will never get this meme
>>
>>322142410
lol this was before all of that son, this was when you had to find out all this shit BY YOURSELF. all of those plays swifty came up with and then the wow community ripped it off of him and claimed it as their own. i dont think u realize how old this video is
>>
>no Vurtne
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh_cLN66zHA
>>
>>322142987
when was the last time swifty got gladiator? thats all that needs said. wait.. are you actually swifty?
>>
File: 34.png (74 KB, 294x288) Image search: [Google]
34.png
74 KB, 294x288
>>322142882
>frost mage vs. melee

He could have been naked and still won. Try again.
>>
>>322142996
yeah man I love playing with chinks and global lag on every action. Avatar fags and attention whores are real bros too! 10/10 nost is amazing
>>
>>322143118
>calling anyone son

blizzhackers has existed since diablo 2, im sure it covered vanilla wow..
>>
File: vikturus.png (533 KB, 915x696) Image search: [Google]
vikturus.png
533 KB, 915x696
No mention of Vikturus? He was THE fury warrior at 60. He was literally like the only guy rank 14 that went fury and he absolutely fucked shit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzzB_VALN4
>>
>>322143032
4/5 points you made prove that you were a casual who didn't work for anything and got mad when other people did.

You deserved getting raped.
>>
>>322140330
that only got more and more true in later expansions due to the stat difference in topend and fresh cap gear
the stat differences between gear in vanilla wasn't anywhere near it was in wrath or cata for example
>>
>>322143167
Keep watching fucking faggot.
He literally 1v2 a mage and a priest just after
>>
>>322143032
It's almost as if MMOs wasn't always for the super casuals.

Make a raid 90% of you players can't beat? Raid well made.
>>
>>322143273
>loser NEET
>mad that someone didnt treat his containment game as a job

You can't make this shit up folks
>>
>>322143372
dont reply to the salty baiter, he was bad and will find a fault with any proof you show him
>>
>>322143354
>that only got more and more true in later expansions
HAHAHAHAHA.
>>
>>322143032
See: >>322142936

World PvP was a lot of fun. Back and forth battles over questing areas, camping an alliance fuccboi until reinforcement arrives, using the environment to your advantage like jumping off a waterfall so you have time to heal.

Also, AB was very fun as well. Feels good man taking over the whole map or fighting back alliance off your flag

>>322143047
He's talking about class match ups, retard.
>>
>>322143485
I know.
The dude is a humoungous faggot.
Rewatching that video I'm reminded how fucking good he was.
Fucking hell, 1v3 a warlock, priest and rogue.
>>
File: Swifty.jpg (462 KB, 1481x994) Image search: [Google]
Swifty.jpg
462 KB, 1481x994
>>322142231
Dude never had talent. Ever. Anyone who spent any time in the pvp system on Darkspear was probably solicited by swifty for a carry to shoulders. Dude paid rediculous amounts of money for carries to 2200 in 5s ($500 per person) cause he was fucking useless. Then, when his sponsors wanted him to get into PvE, he started going around trying to buy his way into endgame guilds.

Dude had no PvE experience, welfare PvE gear, and wanted to raid in PvP gear and expected to get a top-end progression spot based on his name and maybe getting other raiders some keyboards and mousepads.
>>
>>322143167
Is there even any 1vs1 fights against warriors? Most fights in Vurtne videos are 1vs2+ and against a variety of classes.

Or you could take a look at Vurtne 3 in which he first beats T2 mages with lvl51 shaman and then proceeds to beat better-geared shamans with his mage: https://youtu.be/c4bgggKMvQU?t=20m12s
>>
>>322142774

your a total fucking twat, not him but there used to be hundreds of videos all over youtube showing people running around in blue gear during vanilla and the early expansions fucking shit up because they were good.

I used to watch a shadow priest during early TBC who would wreck people in full pvp gear whilst he wore quest greens or taking on numerous enemies single handed but no lets pretend that this is all bait and that you dont deserve to be fucking hand fed.
>>
>>322143490
you're delusional if you believe the gear gap hasn't turned into a chasm over the years
>>
>>322143456
>i was 14 when WoW came out

If I remember correctly I was in school half of the day lad.

Try not to be upset that you want everything served to you on a platter instead of working for it.

Honestly current WoW is perfect for you.
>>
>>322143108
>epic set
wrong, tons of blue set i can see
>epic weaps
dont let the icy enchants fool you, those are UBRS weps

>attacks random people
who are in groups. and are you seriously implying you want a rogue to not sneak up on people? thats apart of their class mechanics.

now in ES8 he had a little gear advantage, BUT he also took on 3v1s, 2v1s routienly. when you have the CC that comes with fighting two people on one that gear advantage kinda dissapates
>>
File: 1438174037604.jpg (133 KB, 634x900) Image search: [Google]
1438174037604.jpg
133 KB, 634x900
>>322143409
You'd like Wildstar.

Best raid design in any MMO ever.

If you're willing to push yourself through the myriad of problems with the game, the raids are worth it.
>>
>>322143626
For Warriors, its always been a chasm. Especially post weapon speed normalization.
>>
File: leatherpleather.png (1 MB, 1448x832) Image search: [Google]
leatherpleather.png
1 MB, 1448x832
>>322132527
>Forgetting Unbreakable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja1j7xWpB3w
>>
99% of these good pvpers are just ganking undergeared people who are grinding gold /questing. Also rogues and mages lose all points due to being able to reset the fight until it goes their way.
>>
File: 1450477366642.png (121 KB, 258x245) Image search: [Google]
1450477366642.png
121 KB, 258x245
ITT
>people who didn't play during vanilla
>people who were shit during vanilla and couldn't even get through an UBRS run without getting booted
>people with Stockholm syndrome still playing WoW who just got glad after 60% of the population quit the game and are trying to convince themselves that PvP is currently in a golden age
>>
>>322140621
>Vurtne consistently 1v3d in world pvp and won

Yeah, as a frost mage versus melee classes. You literally can't win as a melee class against a frost mage in vanilla/BC.
>>
The ones that didn't bother with a minigame.
....... ;)
>>
File: 1451362207665.jpg (50 KB, 712x472) Image search: [Google]
1451362207665.jpg
50 KB, 712x472
>>322143719
Fuck I loved this pvp video. It's what made me roll an enh shaman.
>>
>>322143568
>age: 39
>>
>>322143716
>post weapon speed normalization.
why did they do this
>>
>>322143824
Watch
the
fucking
video
you fucking mongoloid shitposter.
>>
>>322143372
>>322143584
>>322143591
>posts videos of cherry picked duels
>I-it's skill guys see!

Show me a video where one of these leet skeet pro gamers solo queue into a BG in shit gear and manage to not get their ass fucked repeatedly.

Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>322143591
"Shadow Word: Dance"
If I remember correctly. Dude wasn't even level cap for the first few videos.
>>
>>322143707
Actually had been looking at it a bit after it going f2p.

is it still active in eu?
>>
File: 1451505007257.png (34 KB, 346x193) Image search: [Google]
1451505007257.png
34 KB, 346x193
>>322142501
Burning Crusade.

>Don't you miss us Mace spec warriors w/ a resto druid
>>
>>322143962
>world PvP
>not the only PvP that mattered
Yeah yeah keep shitposting.
>>
>>322143591
>>322143967
shadow word: dance was the shit
>>
>>322143719
I loved my shaman and the old windfury, it almost felt like cheating.
>>
>>322143913
I blame hunters and aimed shot.
Fuck Hunters.
>>
>vanilla PVP
LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR
>>
>>322132527
I know we're talking about classic but this undead warlock Zyphent was a pretty good warlock on the server Thrall during WoTLK.

Also, who knows Racerx here?
>>
File: 888888.jpg (9 KB, 195x108) Image search: [Google]
888888.jpg
9 KB, 195x108
>>322143648
Exactly my point, everyone has this ideal where wow was this perfect game. Most people who parrot this shitty meme were literally underage shitters when it came out

I play both AMA
>>
>>322144047
>45 minute 2s matches were good

Kill yourself.
>>
>>322143937
I literally did. But continue being retarded, my dude.
>>
File: 1439396028203.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1439396028203.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>322143891
Those crits are fucking nasty. I'd be pissed if I died to a one shot like that. Must be super fun to do though. I bet he felt like a fucking god with that mace.
>>
Vurtne, you can tell simply by the way he moved his character and the camera, being aware of more people joining the fight and reacting accordingly etc. It's pretty hilarious because half the players in vanilla would keyboard turn and backpedal like crazy.
>>
>>322144116
why have different weapon types if they're all identical? it's moronic
i'm surprised they haven't just changed it to one handed and two handed
>>
File: zybak.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
zybak.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>322144038
I'm not a dirty europoor so I have no idea.

All I do know is that if you want the liveliest community, roll on the PVE megaserver on the Exile side.

That's where the pop is.

Personally, I love the game, I don't play it at the moment because I've exhausted all the content, but goddamn if the raids aren't the most fun I've ever had in an MMO.

It has a lot of problems, especially PvP problems, but holy shit is all the PVE literally the best out there.
>>
>>322144164
>what is sarcasm
>>
>>322144074
world pvp is a joke, 90% of the time it's a person killing retards who barely even know what's going on
>>
Drakedog was the reason my first main was an Undead Warlock
>>
File: bullshit.gif (2 MB, 472x275) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.gif
2 MB, 472x275
>>322144115
>that feel when windfury wasnt procing
>>
>>322143719
WIIIIIINDFURY CRIT
>>
How about we post SHIT pvp videos that inspired us to roll that class and tryhard it up.

I'll start

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLrrXaTq1Yc
>>
File: 1450476634187.png (901 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1450476634187.png
901 KB, 690x460
>>322143719
>there are guilds who gave legendaries to anyone but warriors
>>
>>322144516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwkBYm0BY0

>The best pvp video to come out in ages.
>>
How to be good at pvp in vanilla WoW: play horde, roll a rogue, be good at pressing buttons at the right time and know your timers

When I got bored of that I rerolled an alliance warlock. That was pure suffering before they buffed locks and I was getting jumped by undead every 5 seconds.
>>
I miss that short time where the pre wrath patch hit making ret palas the most imba thing ever.
>>
>>322143824
In TBC, it's a relatively even matchup for rogues (or retribution or ferals, Chrille for example had many good feral vs mage duels). And even for warriors, it's actually not something you couldn't overcome. Of course, it's mage-favoured, no one argues against that, but it was possible to outlast evenly matched opponents, your health pool against their mana pool, with defensive style of play. There was a video with series of duels between quite highly ranked PvPers called Uska vs Nutty, that showcased this kind matchup well. Unfortunately I think it's behind Warcraftmovies paywall now.
>>
File: DH.png (133 KB, 411x463) Image search: [Google]
DH.png
133 KB, 411x463
>>322132527

>Niar

my nigga of the highest order
>>
>>322144157
That wasn't your point at all though what the fuck

You can't just say

>Yeah that was my point ALL ALONG
>>
>>322144680
>>322143824
And besides, since this is about Vurtne, he has plenty of action against mages, priests, warlocks and hunters too, often in groups.
>>
File: 1445982462229.png (50 KB, 675x547) Image search: [Google]
1445982462229.png
50 KB, 675x547
>>322144332
>>
I remember watching some french female NE rogue videos. Never been able to find them again.
>>
>>322132527
i wish i had the power to ban you and everyone else besides me in this thread

WoW players ruined the MMO genre forever and i hate all of you.
>>
File: I_f7c83b_26583531.gif (30 KB, 235x259) Image search: [Google]
I_f7c83b_26583531.gif
30 KB, 235x259
This might be a bit off-topic, but how the hell do you play destruction warlock in PvP these days?

As soon as any melee fighter is in my face I am basically dead already.

Doesn't help that Chaos Bolt takes ages to cast either.

>mfw I get interrupted for the 50th time or they manage to get behind me just before the cast finishes
>>
>>322144748
I seem to remember mages being free kills as a shadow priest in vanilla. So must be decent.
>>
>>322144575
>not using windfury to hit with more than once and a chance to get a proc
Its like you hate to see big numbers
>>
File: 1439491913733.jpg (78 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1439491913733.jpg
78 KB, 550x550
>>322143568
This; and he's fucking brain dead. This actually happened in his twitch stream today.

Chat: Swifty is playing on NYE?

Swifty: Nah, man. I'm on NA.

I died.
>>
File: 1449831992794.jpg (19 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1449831992794.jpg
19 KB, 499x499
>>322144871
>destruction warlock in PvP
Good joke.
>>
>>322143967
>>322144101

God damn niggers did not expect a reply with the name of the priest, thank you.
>>
>>322132862
first clip is him barely fucking beating a level 57, wat
>>
>>322144871
I quit destro after the 10th Chaos bolt nerf. Why should a slow as fuck cast taking up extra resources, deal more damage than a frost bolt anyway...
>>
>>322132527
Otherguy inspired my best friend to mage pvp. He ended up being one of the best on our server if not the best mage pvp wise on there. He would just sit outside org and duel people and never lose or start world pvp shit doing 1 vs 2s and 1 vs 3s and shit. We leveled together and we would mostly just world pvp and invade towns instead of legit leveling and it was so much damn fun. I remember going over to his house a lot and we would watch sorrow hill videos and get hype as fuck. Man I miss being a kid again and finding WoW fun. My buddy quit in cata and I still played on pve wise after he left, but he is kind of interested in the new xpac pvp wise at least.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBI7gauE7ho
>>
>>322145028
Everytime man.
Will they ever learn?
>>
>>322144871
you get the 100 talent that lets you generate hella embers and tank the fuck out of them with ember tap until you can drop a couple demon soul chaos bolts in their face
>>
>>322145038
He made an impression back when pvp videos was still a thing. And not that many spriests around.
>>
File: 1407277591689.png (332 KB, 422x555) Image search: [Google]
1407277591689.png
332 KB, 422x555
>>322144960
>not just rolling a warrior and then finding some faggot enhancement shaman to follow you around and buff you like a good little bitch
>>
>>322143568
>>322145015

see
>>322140657
>>
>>322132527
Niar was good but Perklunt and Grim were better rogue players and movie makers. Also, Shurrik. I also liked Gegon's movies.
>>
To this day hardcore horde players still believe vanilla WoW had balanced racials for pvp.
>>
>>322145226
Saw it soon after it came out. I wish I never did.
>>
>>322134075
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aHoJUxZsOI
this one was mostly BiS vs BiS
>>
>>322144575
>what is dkp?
>>
>>322145226
>>322143568
Makes me wonder if he paid for people to grind his GM.
>>
>>322134515
That's not true at all. New players are shit at WoW.
>>
File: 1427720789968.jpg (49 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1427720789968.jpg
49 KB, 720x480
>>322145407
Something that no decent guild would let people spend on offspec gear unless nobody else needed it.

Enhancement were like feral druids. You brought a token one along just to buff your real DPS (warriors and rogues).
>>
So come back on my spriest in Legion? Or are we as shit as we has been since late BC?
>>
>>322145680
Congrats you're gutted even more.
>>
>>322144047
>BC
>SL/SL locks
>Resto druids
PLEASE NO
I'M HAVING FLASHBACKS
>>
>will of the forsaken before the nerfs

I wonder how nobody thought it was just a little bit too good against certain classes.
>>
>>322145445
it is true though in vanilla an epicd out warrior will beat the green geared warrior 100% of the time even if playing with their feet for the first time.
mortal strike for 40% their hp, white hit for 30% hp, sword proc for the rest of the hp. thats one button and its over. meanwhile the green geared guy could get 10 seconds of free hits and probably not kill the other guy.
>>
>>322145680
Shadow Priests can be powerful. Disc Priests always feel like a bigger threat though.
>>
File: 1410744053756.jpg (29 KB, 300x334) Image search: [Google]
1410744053756.jpg
29 KB, 300x334
>>322145909
The same way people think the human racial is okay right now.
>>
>>322145773
So sad. Can't even be a mana battery for the mages anymore. At least them topping dps because of you made it slightly less sucky to be at the bottom.
>>
>>322145914
He was talking about current WoW. Not Vanilla.
>>
>>322145667

This. Buttblasted bitch classes keep on crying on the shoulders of the Warrior/Rogue master race
>>
>>322146042
Now, if we gave the human racial an added 20 seconds of CC immunity it would be perfect.
>>
Enjoy
>>
File: come on.jpg (8 KB, 131x134) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
8 KB, 131x134
>hating on Swifty

come on guys, why are you so mean?

it's not like Swifty is an asshole or anything
>>
File: 1451252971809.jpg (138 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
1451252971809.jpg
138 KB, 693x693
>>322145179
>playing with other people
>>
>>322143824
And now that I was looking at Laintime's gear, this caught my eye: https://youtu.be/0rGdz3PYuwo?t=4m50s

It's a perfectly capable mage (previous clips show tricks like rank 1 blizzard to trigger slow and possible Frostbite, this one has timely ice blocks to remove debuffs, rank 1 frostbolts to gain distance and other tricks that go well beyond the most obvious way of playing the game) and it's a victory to the warrior. Of course, Laintime was better-geared and uses every trick in the book like he usually does, but that's a far cry from naked frost mages beating warriors unconditionally and showcases a variety of warrior tricks that you can use to gain an advantage (like using your ranged weapons while you are rooted or switching to defensive stance while you are taking hits and unable to intercept).
>>
>>322146291
you literally have autism

please take your meds
>>
>>322145827
I played an SL/SL lock in BC, I thought I was hot shit because I was 13 years old and I had never played a Warlock before, and yet I was dominating arenas. Then I found out that my class was just OP, and my fragile teenage ego was destroyed.
>>
>>322146291
I DON'T KNOW WHERE THE PARENTHESIS STARTS OR ENDS

HELP
>>
>>322146280
Swifty is too stupid to be an asshole. I dont like him because he pushes shitty razer gear all the fucking time. Plus hes a wowfag.
>>
>>322146291
>Taking Tactical mastery
31/20 or bust.
>>
>>322146291
>No priests
Can't even beat his second nemesis class. Casual.
>>
>>322142501
season 7 would have been viewed as the best season ever if it had just had more modern day participation numbers.
>wotlk pacing
>no icc trinkets/smourne
>totc gear wasnt great for pvp
>almost no one had the legendary mace
>dks had been tuned down by then, no s5/s6 bullshit
>rogues were more commonly 41-5-25 / sub rather than envenom spec
>>
File: 1447704245318.png (645 KB, 830x1262) Image search: [Google]
1447704245318.png
645 KB, 830x1262
>>322146412
>I played an SL/SL lock in BC

motherfucker imma kill you
>>
>>322146291
Using rank 1 spells was common as fuck at the time to bait dispels and shit. Just like resto baiting counterspells with hearthstones. That shit you listed is literally nothing special and everyone did it.

Your noob is showing.
>>
>>322146383
anyone who still talks about or plays WoW has autism
>>
>>322146647
>everyone did it
please. The casuals had no idea what downranking even meant.
>>
>>322135993
is goon squad from the somethingawful forums? is it basically a guild of SJWs? can someone red pill me on them, everyone seems to hate them.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.