[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of buying this used for $36 on Amazon. Worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5132x3750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5132x3750
Thinking of buying this used for $36 on Amazon. Worth it?
>>
>>322129163
Yeah I actually really enjoy it. /v/ can go fuck off
>>
>>322129163
you're aware that's basically a "starter pack" and you'll be either bored within a few hours or buying DLC full price, right?
>>
>>322129163
No I actually really hated it. >>322129347 can go fuck off
>>
>>322129163
i like it
but i gt it bretty cheab
>>
Only if that was for the game AND the DLC. Otherwise no it's a shit deal
>>
>>322129163
As long as you're happy with 1/5 of a game I guess with not possibility of the inclusion of ep 7-9 and maybe even 1-3 battles.

Oh and $60 DLC that will just split the entire user base and give maps probably on the planets already in the game and include even more gametypes that no one plays.
>>
Yeah, it's a lot of fun if you love Star Wars.
>>
>>322129826
Also, I forget the link but you can check players online and PC has barely any now. If you're getting it, get it for PS4 if possible as it has the most players.
>>
File: 17yurops.jpg (178 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
17yurops.jpg
178 KB, 500x377
>>
>>322129347
I wouldn't be surprised if literally everyone who actually liked this game had never even played a Battlefront game before. If they had there would be no way they could overlook the massive amount of missing modes and content.
>>
>>322129163
depends are you a star wars fan? if you like star wars avoid this game, this game was made by a company who could not even sit down and make sure their game is accurate to the fucking movies.

episode VII and Rebels accidentally made fun every choice EA made
>>
>>322129978
B-but droid run! B-but blast! B-but heroes vs vil- oh yeah they all suck except walker assault
>>
>>322129978
no STAR WARS fans also hate this game, complaining about how EA promised authentic star wars having locations and props does not equal authentic. If you have tie fighters on hoth it shows you do not care about star wars and just want the money
>>
File: BFront II.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
BFront II.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>322129163
>original
>dedicated spawns (and only if that point is captured)
>classes have defined loadouts, inhibiting range and other counters in to a single playstyle per
>stamina system
>a roll; there's more than just standing there, and there's depth to getting instigated from behind
>jetpack "stamina" (fuel) that recharges only on the ground; can be conserved in-air by toggling
>air vehicle rolls and boost on a stamina system (4 speeds altogether)
>off-rails AT-AT
>multi-character ships

>remake
>squad spawns, undermining strategy and tactical awareness by allowing spawning anywhere
>no classes; every character can take some combination of unlimited grenades (x2), a sniper, a jetpack, a shield, plus their ordinary loadout; thus, every character can have any range or any playstyle
>no roll; gunplay is just staring at each other unless you have a shield or jetpack; instigating from behind is basically a guaranteed engagement win
>jetpack is like injection nitrous; it's on, then on CD (no conservation)
>air vehicles can only roll and boost on card CD as well
>on-rails AT-AT
>etc.

BfrontII is still the better game without contest. BfrontII has better movements, shooting, maps, OPTIONS for how to go about battles, more heroes, the much needed ability to remove heroes from the map, better balancing thanks to each faction having a solid counter-vehicle to each other, and along with having classes comes seeing more variety in troopers. Not all EU shit either, but imperial gunners, scouts, jump troopers, and commanders are all there.

All the new Bfront offers are touched up visuals and.... air battles? I guess? It's really just an extension of ace combat horizon anyway, which was an awful game.

No roll, no buy.
>>
I played it at my friend's house it literally felt like a game you would play at a arcade
>>
>>322130865
So do the first two, what's your point?
>>
>>322131068
I'm saying I would pay 25 cents to play it every Other month but if I bought it would just collect dust as soon as a new game came out.
>>
File: 2015-12-11_00003.jpg (115 KB, 697x697) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-11_00003.jpg
115 KB, 697x697
That game was made for stakeholders, not players.
EA is a company, a company needs to make money and a lot of that money comes from stakeholders.
How do you impress stakeholder with your product?
>g-good gameplay?
No, Billy. You make your product look and sound amazing. Stakeholders are businessmen, not players.
>>
>>322129163

totally, bro! buy the season pass while you're at it it's a great deal! Wouldn't miss!
>>
>>322129163
No, I bought the witcher 3 new for 25 dollars
>>
Could I pirate this?
>>
>>322130197
I don't even have to post it anymore. Is this what happened to float?
>>
I'll buy it when it comes down to $20, not paying more.
>>
The game is a souless cash grab by EA, stay away from this shitstain
>>
File: 1287583628726.jpg (75 KB, 640x475) Image search: [Google]
1287583628726.jpg
75 KB, 640x475
Speaking of soulless rip-off games, is hardline worth picking up soon?
>>
>>322132402
I heard its dead
>>
>>322132402
http://bfhstats.com/
>>
>>322129347
>/v/ can fuck off
But you're coming TO /v/.

Why are you coming here and telling us to leave?

Also no OP, its a EA game.
>>
>>322129163
Can this just be pirated? Since the new movie I wanted to play this game. But refuse to support EA
>>
I bought it myself, it's fun enough, I won't lie, but christ it's barebones on content. Not worth any more than $20
>>
I got it for free and would not recommend paying more than 20 bucks.
>>
>>322129163
Of course. It's a wonderful action packed experience and is a must get for any star wars fan.
>>
>>322129163
Get it for 20 dollars using a mexican proxy.
>>
>>322129163
Nope.
>>
I haven't played it but my normie friend plays like 24/7. He's a huge Star Wars fan and said it just lacked campaign from previous battlefront games. Looks pretty repetitive from gameplay videos on YouTube.
>>
The most important question to ask is how many people are playing it and for how long? I suspected this game to have 3000 players max by the end of February.

Someone post that Battlefront player stat site.
>>
>>322134352
http://swbstats.com/
>>
File: +.png (42 KB, 658x142) Image search: [Google]
+.png
42 KB, 658x142
>>322134468
>15k
Meanwhile, catching up quite nicely..
>>
>>322134782

I just played thru the campaign. fuck hoths invisible machineguns and fuck the clowncar that is princess leias ship
>>
I really like it, yeah there's room for improvement but it's fun.
>>322130163
die hard star wars fags are mad it isn't loyal to the story, ignoring the fact that Battlefront 2 let you have young annikan fight darth vader
>>
>>322129163
No. Its pretty much dead.
>>
>>322135034
I wish it didn't end at Hoth.
>>
>>322135107
Only if you are a PCuck
>>
>>322135156

if I had to deal with any more of the hard to see machineguns that kill you in 1/4 a second and can't be blocked by your lightsaber I would go full alderaan
>>
you might enjoy it if you have an IQ below 100
>>
>>322129163
>Homing Shot
>Homing Shot
>Homing Shot
>Homing Shot
>>
it's an arcade shooter, go in expecting that and it's fun for what it is
>>
>>322129163
no
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.