[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Dragon Age Origins worth playing? It has been in my library
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: RedDragonwithlogo.png (1 MB, 2000x1643) Image search: [Google]
RedDragonwithlogo.png
1 MB, 2000x1643
Is Dragon Age Origins worth playing? It has been in my library for about 2 years without me even remembering that I have it.

If yes, are there any mods I should get?
>>
>>322126970
>Is Dragon Age Origins worth playing?

Yes, it's the last good game made by Bioware before EA destroyed them.
>>
Good game. Basically Lord of the Game of Throne Rings with KOTOR combat.
>>
>>322127126
>Lord of the Game of Throne Rings with KOTOR combat
That sounds fun, I like the combat system in KOTOR.
>>
>>322127210
Then yeah, you'll like Dragon Age. DLC ranges from really good to complete shit. Don't bother with Golems of Amgarrak or Darkspawn Chronicles.
>>
>>322127126
>KOTOR combat.
Not really. DA's GUI isn't lazily ported from the Xbox.
>>
great game
AVOID THE REST OF THE SERIES
i loved it and got dragon age 2, it was shit, repetitive and no healer because my character didn't want to fuck a dude

>nobody believes me.........
>>
>>322127431
GUI aside, replace the longswords with lightsabers and its pretty much the exact same game.
>>
DAO is pretty generic "an ancient evil awakens" deal

But all its characters interact pretty well. Even the fucking dog.
>>
>>322127560
>no healer because my character didn't want to fuck a dude
Nigger all you gotta do is not click on the options that have a big fucking heart beside them. Its not like they're shoving their cocks down your throat. Its pretty clear what is going to make you go gay and what isn't.

I'm not defending the rest of the game in any stretch of the imagination but that aspect is 100% overblown.
>>
>>322126970
This game is a legit 10/10 best OST of 2009, fun gameplay awesome LOTR-style story (a little less high fantasy though, a bit more grittier) great and memorable characters pretty good VA just best game by Bioware easy just never play the sequels
>>
>>322126970
Yes. It's not amazing, but it's the last decent/good thing Bioware made.

There are quite some mods for it, check the Nexus page, but I recommend not using any the first time. Or stick to shit like add an extra party slot for the dog companion (because you probably won't ever use it otherwise), a respec mod etc. There are some mods which restore cut content so if that's your thing go for them, they probably have a list on the general somewhere.

Don't use any of the "skip X" mods, I think there are 2 of them for parts of the game I won't mention. Go through them at least once, some people hate them other love them.
>>
>>322127210
It may become a chore at some points but overall it's worth at least one playthrough.
>>
>>322127810
>a little less high fantasy though, a bit more grittier
It's more high fantasy AND more gritty
>>
>>322127730
i didn't flirt
he came on to me, i turned him down then he left
>>
>>322126970
It's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10, nothing special about it really. I hope you have the ultimate editon, awakening adds some nice stuff
>>
>>322128056
Were you a dick about it? Were you "Nah, I don't touch dicks, sorry." or were you "OI FUCK OFF FAGGOT. FAGGGGOOOTTTT." ?
>>
it was good, but origin stories had a lot of missed potential. also, dwarf noble is best origin. i wish there was an entire game based on dragon age dwarf society
>>
Story is generic but characters are great.
Combat is standard MMO fare but it can get pretty dicey.
You actually kinda have to think about how you interact with your companions or what choices you make around them or else they might leave or try to stab you, which is nice.
DLC should have been implemented more naturally into the game. If you want to do the other DLC like Awakening, Witch Hunt, etc. you have to start a new campaign rather than just going through the game.
>>
>>322128170
there is no way to leave him happy after saying no
i took the least dickish option
>>
>start the game
>don't know what kind of character I will play
>pick one
>think it will not be good
>start again
>repeat

Fuck I just wanted to have a party with 2 archers, Leliana and MC. Can't play without waifu.
>>
>>322128492
I dunno dude, I've done all the companion shit and I've never had that problem.
>>
>>322128509
Leliana is best girl. Too bad Bioware is still pulling that default girl bullshit with Morrigan. Witch Hunt DLC doesn't make much sense if you're not boning her.
>>
>>322128723
i never played a second time but it pissed me off royally

i never picked a dickish option at all for anything, i was a kind hearted dude
>>
>>322127951
Dragon age lore is no way more high fantsy than LOTR nigga
>>
>>322129239
The problem as I recall was that if you were nice to him even once in that conversation he starts flirting with you. Then the only way to turn him down was by getting some bad-boy points.

You had to cut off the conversation immediately, which sounded dickish but was the nicest non-faggot option.
>>
>>322130024
still a dickish thing to put in a game
>be gay or no healer
i wouldn't have minded if he didn't leave because of it
>>
>>322126970

Some advice:
Max persuasion on your character ASAP.

Thoroughly explore the starting town after Ostagar.

Make an Arcane Warrior, at least one playthrough. Just to appreciate it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.