[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesus Christ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: holyfuckitsover.png (425 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
holyfuckitsover.png
425 KB, 1600x900
I don't think I've ever seen a series fall so hard. I knew lots of people ditched Halo when Bungie left. Then even more after the shitty Halo 4 came out....but damn. I was curious why I haven't heard anything on this game since it launched. Because it fucking bombed.
>>
What will those poor, poor publishers do with only 2.8 million sales?
>>
>>322110767
This

Fuck off OP.
>>
Yea, Microsoft doesn't really have any other big series other then Gears of war.
>>
>>322110840
2.8 million for a game series that used to be a heavy hitter is really bad.
>>
To be fair, this doesn't include digital sales. Though, Microsoft never was boasting about Halo 5 sales so that makes me wonder.
>>
Good, the game fucking sucked. Terrible campaign which is the main reason I ever played these fucking games.
>>
A dead game that will follow the ways of Halo 4 MP community to a T. It will be dead in 6 months with maybe 5000+ player count.
>>
>>322110662
>I don't think I've ever seen a series fall so hard
I've seen it a dozen times. Stable or even headline series became crap and low sellers: Siphon Filter, Perfect Dark, Alone in the Dark, Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Dino Crisis, Twisted Metal. That's not counting the 2D transition death of Franchises like Mega Man, Castlevania, and Goddamn Pacman.
>>
>>322112258
This, if you've been around for several consoles then you know the rise and fall of massive franchises happens all the damn time. Shit just happens
>>
>>322111592

I normally play for the multiplayer (which I thought was fun), but I actually enjoyed the H5 campaign. Sure, the story was shit, but the levels were still fun to play through.
>>
What the fuck was MS thinking letting Bungie go?
>>
>>322112258
Halo was probably his first fps game and the xbox his first console.
>>
>>322110662
Looks like not having split-screen for the first time in the series really killed this game.

I can guarantee that a bunch of those lost sales were due to no split-screen.

Do you know how many people grew up playing this game with their friends/family only to be told that bullshit?
>>
>>322114835
Yeah the devs were so fucking dumb
>Splitscreens made halo popular
>Umm we should remove splitscreen so we can make the grapichs a little more realistic, Im sure that's what our buyers want
>>
I don't understand why Halo 5 actually happened. I loved the Halo series. Sure, now it looks generic and clichéd, but at the time of release it was the cutting edge. Halo 1 gave us a good grounding for the story to come in. Halo 2 had the bullshit ending and 5 year wait, but expanded on what we already had, formed new alliances, added both story and game play. Halo 3 tied the other 2 together and wrapped everything up in a neat little bow. The story ended. It wasn't spectacular OMG JIZZ EVERYWHERE, but it was a good, solid ending.
They Halo 4 came out of nowhere, removing a critical element from the game and added a bullshit generic enemy in it's place, with no atmosphere and no personality or character. It took everything established before and did nothing.
And now we have Halo 5, where Halsey is evil for no reason, Chief is Rouge for no reason, Cortana is evil for not reason and everyone else is basically there for no reason. 343 fucked up big time.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.