[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what did /v/ think of this game? I just started playing the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
So what did /v/ think of this game?

I just started playing the Wolfenstein games this week on PC (started with Return to Castle Wolfenstein) and I quite enjoyed it, though the 'modernisation' of the series with this game was palpable, with ADS, disgusting console FOV (which can be fixed thank Christ), weapon upgrades, regenerating health and semi nonlinear mission structure.

Using the Thule Medallion was fucking awesome and I'm really sore all the shit to do with using the Veil and having all of those superpowers was just forgotten about in The New Order (just started that last night).
>>
Good fun, how much is it on steam atm?
>>
>>322108104
Steam has actually stopped selling it, so gifted copies/CD keys go for a ridiculous amount of money online. It's $90 on Amazon so I just pirated it since I couldn't buy from Steam.
>>
>>322108331
Bummer
>>
>>322108398
Still worth playing, though. Just make sure you fix the FOV since the default one is awful and apply the latest patch.
>>
>>322107089
Not a bad game.

Not particularly good either. Feels derivative from every single other FPS flooding the market at the time. I felt fucking bored playing it because I've seen everything else the game has to offer in different places.

Wolf3D is a piece of history now. Instantly obsoleted by Doom but what can you do.

RtCW is Troma Movie of WW2 shooters. Fucking retarded, fucking gory, fucking fun.

Wolf:Wolf is McDonalds meal with swastikas galore.

Wolf:TNO is that one direction nobody expected Wolfenstein of all games to go for but it worked.
>>
File: 1376192075162.jpg (46 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1376192075162.jpg
46 KB, 848x480
Underrated. It's not anything amazing but I quite liked it. The enemy variety and amount of guns gave it enough non-callofdoody feel.
>>
>>322107089
Its single player is fine
The regen and re spawning enemies are bad
Multiplayer was ruined deliberately though, it was outsourced to the lowest bidder

RTCW is still the best
>>
>>322111658
What was the multiplayer like? It must be dead now for sure
>>
>>322111727
>It must be dead now for sure
It always was.
>>
Playing TNO right now for the first time and really liking it. Should I check out the one in OP as well?
>>
>>322111727
JUST look it up

it was so bad they abandoned it at launch
>>
>>322111951
Yeah, it's worth playing through. The zany powers from the medallion make the gameplay a lot more interesting. You can move faster through the world, slow down time/vaporize enemies, drastically increase your bullet damage/penetration or project a shield that blocks bullets and deflects them back. There was also a neat little mechanic where there'd be creatures visible in the alternate dimension that you could shoot to electrocute enemies in the world if they were close enough.
>>
>>322111951
I finished it last night and it was quite fun but i should have get more perks because thr last boss was kind of a hassle to defeat.

I restarted it today following the second time line and i have to say it was a nice touch, in one time line you get to hot wirr safes and get health upgrades, on the second time line you get to picklock doors and get armor upgrades

All the weapon perks and upgrades are avaiabke on your second run as well
>>
It's ok. Multiplayer sucked. Singleplayer felt kind of generic but not bad.

Overall forgettable but decent.
>>
It's the worst one. You also don't need to play these games in any order. You won't miss anything. That said if there was any Wolfenstein worth skipping it's this disappointment.

If you've never played any Wolfenstein play Wolfenstein 3D, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, or The New Order. If you play this one first you might be turned off from the series. It's not a bad game by any means but it doesn't even come close to the others.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.