[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone ever bother making a DaS II version of this? If not,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 746x746) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 746x746
Did anyone ever bother making a DaS II version of this?

If not, how would you change this one?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (192 KB, 1220x1040) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
192 KB, 1220x1040
here you go op, just for you
>>
don't pull THAT lever haha ;)
>>
>>322103986
lmao who even made this

just play the game u fuckin pussy
>>
>>322103986
For PvP, if you want to have fun then use DEX weapons, if you want to win then go full STR, get a greatsword and some spells and be a Havel monster.
>>
that "beginners" tips list seems to end at capra demon.
>>
>>322104604

Because that's when the beginning of the game ends?

The dungpie thing is for Blighttown so you're not really correct though
>>
>>322104251
Simply epic XD
>>
>>322103986
1. Talk to the Crestfallen at the top of the monument to get a tip on where to go first
2. Be sure to talk to Emerald Herald, the woman standing by the tree, the first time you arrive at Majula
3. Don't use a pharros' lockstone everytime you see a contraption: some are there just to make you waste resources while some others activate traps.
4. Look up a game progression guide after you're done with Forest of the Fallen Giants - while in DkS1 you pretty much just had to keep moving forward after defeating a boss, DkS2 is incredibly disconnected so it becomes a chore to find out where you have to go next.
5. Don't activate the stone in Majula
>>
>>322104417
>For PvP, if you want to have fun then use DEX weapons, if you want to win then go full STR, get a greatsword and some spells and be a Havel monster

What he meant to say was if you want to have fun and also just win, then use DEX weapons.
>>
>>322103986
Get your ADP above 20 asap. Preferably to 30.
>>
>>322103986
>avoid the graveyard
So, this is a joke image to fuck with new players, right?
When I first started I did my best to explore the graveyard (because I thought that was the game's usual challenge) and discovered a lot of things about the game's combat mechanics.
Plus I found a motherfucking spear, and a zweihander later.
This anon >>322104319 is right, just play the fucking game.
>>
>>322104718
>Look up a game progression guide after you're done with Forest of the Fallen Giants

Hell fucking no. I actually found figuring out where to go in DS2 a lot easier than DS1 and I never needed a guide.
>>
>>322104871
More ADP just means you can roll earlier. I went through the game with 10 ADP and did fine. Rolling into weapon swipes really helps
>>
>>322105246
ADP affects invincibility frames on your roll. You're far more likely to be clipped or to have general bullshit happen with a low ADP.
>>
>>322105446
I am fully aware of that. Rolling into sword swings reduces the amount of time you're in the way of the damaging hitbox.
>>
Fuck ADP and fuck the devs for bloating stats and requiring you to invest points into it to get around their lazy stupid hitbox design
>>
>>322105446
I played through the game 3 times without ever really bothering with Adp. Occasionally I would put some in after getting every stat I cared about to the soft cap, and I have never really noticed a difference.
>>
>>322103986
Belltower covenant is the best for PvP, red/blue invasions are finite and require you to duel in a shitty broken matchmaking-based arena that allows healing. Bell guards means you just wander around and can get summoned at any time, even if you die you'll just get dropped off wherever you were. The only downside is that you only get to be summoned to 2 locations, which can get pretty boring after a while.
>>
>>322105747

>not bringing acid surge into the arena to punish healers
>>
>>322105598
funny thing is that the hitboxes are the same as DkS1.
>>
File: 1374923557795.jpg (17 KB, 155x202) Image search: [Google]
1374923557795.jpg
17 KB, 155x202
>>322105747
>a covenant that puts you in a hosts world where the host is almost always outnumbered 2 to 1 is the best pvp covenant

Dark Souls 2 fans everyone
>>
File: 1378265604834.jpg (29 KB, 383x500) Image search: [Google]
1378265604834.jpg
29 KB, 383x500
>>322105907
0/10
>>
>>322105747

Do you need to be in the Belfrys to be summoned or can you be anywhere?
>>
>>322104251
ebin my friendo XDDD
>>
>>322106032
>I've never been in the Bell Keepers
If you have time for another grey spirit to join then you're doing something wrong. Also the other guy usually has the decency to wait until one of us is dead.
>>
>>322104251
>>322104319
it's ACTUALLY for a friend

i played II front to back but haven't bothered with it since SotFS; i've been on bloodborne instead.
Friend got SotFS for christmas.
>>
>>322106105
They are, which you'd know if you actually played DkS2 and DkS1 and weren't just a shitposting faggot.
The thing you're thinking about is shockwaves, which, you know, were also in DkS1.
Either that or you have no idea what hitboxes are.
>>
>>322106106
You can be anywhere, but I found I had more invasions when I was in certain spots (mainly Iron Keep) compared to others, but I don't know if that's actually a thing.
>>
>>322106106
Put the ring on, then whenever the logo in the top left is flashing, that means you can be summoned. If you're somewhere like majula, then it won't flash which means you can't be summoned
>>
>beat DaS
>never once invaded by actual people
>never sinned in game
fucking neat.

Although I never could summon other people I always saw phantoms at bloodstains and campfires. Weird.
>>
>>322106239
When I first played Dark Souls 2 I thought my connection was just broken or shit because I never got invaded anywhere expect for the obvious NPC invasions
>>
>>322104873
>look at me I'm so good everyone sucks

Fuck off.
>>
Any advice on my Swordsman build?
I need a better right hand weapon or two better weapons.
>>
>>322106443
>dual wielding weapons

oh shit nigger what are you doing
>>
>>322106127
Did you play the game at release or the weeks following? It was back to back invasions in bell tower. You'd have maybe 15 seconds max before another bell fucker would be pulled into your world and you'd get gangfucked by vengarl head lightning chuckers or throne defender users
>>
>>322106443
Why do you have such a low VIT?
>>
>>322103986
I haven't played the game since finishing the Crown of the Ivory King, but the only real significant changes would be points 6, 8, 11 and 12.
>6. Stat returns past 40 are diminished
I forgot exactly the exact values, but IIRC the values are different for different stats. For example, ADP IIRC is worthless beyond 28 or some shit like that. Again, I don't remember the exact number, but it's not 40 for all stats.
>8. Points in RES are always wasted.
Well, DaS2 doesn't have RES, so this point is useless for that game. I would change it to ADP except that ADP is very useful up to the point where you have 110 Agility.
>11, 12
There's no graveyard or flooded ruins near the start, so I'd change that to you must avoid the big hole in the village, because unless you have the proper gear or stats, you can't survive the drops.

If I'd add anything, I'd say:
A. Never drain your stamina completely to zero. It puts you in an exhausted state that makes your weapons do less damage.
B. Don't hesitate to use items. Lots of situations in the game that initially seem impossible or unfair are completely trivialized thanks to certain items, like Alluring Skulls.

>>322104251
>am I cool yet, guys? I've posted an epic anti-DaS2 meme!
>>
>>322106224

If you see it flashing, then what do you do? I played in the covenant for a while and saw it flashing sometimes but I was never summoned. I was playing on the 360, but still, there was enough activity that I did a lot of co-op and was invaded sometimes.
>>
>>322106539
>oh shit nigger what are you doing

getting the most out of his build and doing sick deeps i assume
>>
>>322106539
I wanted to try the swordsman class. It is bretty good to be honest, I just need to get some better swords.

>>322106606
It is plenty for me at the moment and i'd rather level up other stats like END and DEX.
>>
>>322106443
>they removed RES from the game
So, did they actually try trolling people in DaS with RES stat or thought they might be helpful to people?
>>
>>322106780

It probably seemed like a good idea at the time.
>>
>>322106747
you know the starting class doesn't decide your weapon choices, right
you don't have to stick with dual swords for the whole game because of it
unless you want to roleplay as the starting class
in which case you should probably level up vit, adp or vgr
>>
>>322106702
>meme

fuck you! I genuinely don't like DaS2.
>>
>>322104718
How about just talk to everyone and follow the obvious clues rather than just talking to the Crestfallen and the Herald and then looking up a fucking guide.

One of the few things that DaS2 has over DaS is that you can make progress in a wide variety of directions. The game points you towards FoFG at first but even that's not obligatory, and after you've beaten FoFG pretty much every choice of path in front of you has varied advantages and disadvantages.

There's no need to tell people that a guide is required. It's not. DaS is the better game but for 90% of players progression through the different areas is identical. DaS2 gives players much more freedom in terms of choosing where to go next, and that's not a bad thing.
>>
>>322106890

I see /v/ has decided your taste for you.
>>
>>322105702
I recently played through the game with no points added to ADP, almost every time I rolled, I would take full damage but not break the roll animation. Honestly, I'd prefer to get hitstunned so I know I fucked up on my timing. I checked the numbers, apparently under 10 ADP is something like 0.1666 seconds of invincibility, whereas roughly 24 ADP grants 0.4 seconds.
>>
>>322106539
>not at least trying out dual-wielding in DaS2
You must have something against fun.
>>
>>322106858
>you don't have to stick with dual swords for the whole game because of it

If I didn't want dual weapons I wouldn't have picked swordsman.
>>
>>322106890
What genuine things about DaS2 do you not like? I'm genuinely interested as I just beat the first one.
>>
>>322104718
The very fact that some Pharros Lockstone contraptions are completely worthless is a testament to how poorly this game is designed.
>Haha, you just wasted this to open a worthless door! Teehee, this is so hard!

Fragrant branches were used a little bit better but they're so fucking rare and you rarely know which branch is best used where. I know when I got the first branch I was between using it on the guy near the Pomf mummies or back in Majula. It could have fucked me over big time if I used the former.
>>
>>322106702

>genuinely liking 2
>>
>>322106396
Not that anon but I agree with him, and it's not that I'm good at the game. I died at least a dozen times against the skeletons, but in the process (as that anon said) I learned enough about the game's combat to carry me all the way to Capra Demon. In particular it really hammers home (lol) how effective staggering opponents is.
>>
So I have played Dark Souls 2 when it was released and have been wasting hundreds and hundreds of hours into bloodborne by now.

Now US PSN has DaS2 SotFS for 20 shekkels. Should I pull the trigger? Is the DLC worth it? Is soul memory still a thing?
>>
Am I the only person that liked the geographic disconnection of darksouls 2? the entire game feels like a fever dream and I love that atmosphere.
>>
>>322106996
Let me just stop you there. It's all very well and good that other anon coming back and saying "well x y z was shit" but honestly you should play it for yourself and form your own opinions rather than being influenced by people from here.
>>
Speaking of Souls, I've been craving a new DaS playthrough but no build sounds interesting. My most recent runs were greatscythe, magic glass cannon, and a really fucking boring Leeroy build. Any suggestions? I was thinking quality build since I've never tried the Claymore.
>>
>>322106943
If that helps you sleep okay.
>>322106996
Core combat and the fact you can't really combo between attacks anymore. All the movesets are a lot worse now.
Soul Memory. Lifesave rings completely removed the having to get back to your body.
The amount of bonfires and the level design in general. The enemy placement is horrible.
I thought I-frames being attached to a stat makes them really inconsistent.

Lore wise I guess there are some stupid shit. Like literally meme references mostly to solaire. The fact that it even exist kinda makes no sense given the endings of das1.

Fucking cycles and constant and variables shit.
>>
>>322107024
>pomf mummies
haaa
Wait you mean Straid? That's hardly a wasted branch.
>>
>>322106996

I love them both equally. Just give it a try and don't worry about what people think. Decide on your own what you do and do not like. It'll be more enjoyable for you that way.
>>
>>322107151
I like the environments but the realist in me cringes whenever I go up that magic volcano elevator.
>>
>>322106339
I've been invaded a grand total of one time in DaS2 by some asshole in the Huntsman's Copse. I feel bad because I was running a lame ass Hex build just to try it out, and I completely lamed out the encounter with ranged attacks whereas he was trying his best to close the gap with a dagger.
>>
>>322106996
If anyone in the fucking world tells you NOT to at least try playing DaS2 if you played and enjoyed DaS, they are a troll. It's one thing to say a game is a step back, totally different to say it's not even worth playing.
>>
>>322107442

Don't worry about it. When you're invaded, there are no rules. Do whatever it takes to win. Make him feel bad for invading.
>>
Not OP but I recently got the game for Christmas.

Spells are borderline required for some bosses right and Hex is the way to go for easy mode correct? At least I know Hex is disliked on PvP due to how cheap it is but then again I remember the piece of shit scythe on Dark Souls being "cheap" on PvP only because the way it can hit you.

Also is dual wielding worth it or is 2Handing still the way to go for melee? I always wanted to try the feature and most likely will dual wield for the fun of it but I am honestly not sure if it is shit or not.
>>
>>322107330
Yeah Straid is good and all but you don't get another branch for a long fucking time, and the shit in the forest past Majula is really useful.
>>
>>322107349
That transition makes so little fucking sense that my brain burns. Magical realism is one thing, but these games need to have some internal consistency or it really affects my sense of immersion.
>>
>>322107024
Are the tons of useless shit and empty chests in dark siuks a testament to how poorly design it is, as well?
>>
>>322107496
Just for the record because like 5 people now said the same thing.

I am in no way saying he shouldn't try out das2.
Just that I personally didn't like it.
>>
>>322107304
>All the movesets are a lot worse now.
objectively wrong
>Lifesave rings completely removed
objectively wrong
>level design in general
level design is fine and pretty smart in how they hide some items, but people just dislike the lack of verticality.
>enemy placement is horrible
I agree with this. They placed enemies to completely fuck and frustrate the player, instead of just providing challenge.

Yes AGL is a shit stat and I'm glad it's gone.
>>
>>322107547
Spells are never required for boss fights, this isn't DeS.
>>
>>322107287
Interested in a role play build? I am pretty sure you can get all of Solaire crap just by killing him as soon as you see him. Of course you need like 25 faith for lightning spear. Make it a Miracle only playthough.
>>
>>322107547
>spells are borderliner required for some bosses
no
>hex is the way to go for easy mode correct?
yes

Dual wielding is okay but you can't have a shield during, while a 2hander can have a shield close to ready or at least guard with his weapon.

Stick with 2handing from the sounds of it.
>>
>>322107149
Soul Memory is still a thing.

The DLC is worth it in my opinion. Has the best bosses, best area design, best loot and it's just fun to go through. Sanctum City is a really vertical area with tons of shortcuts.
>>
>>322107671
>objectively wrong
after the No-Man's Wharf I never once had to pick up my souls again or use a single human effigy. Because I always had one or several lifesave rings.
>>
>>322107547
>Spells are borderline required for some bosses right and Hex is the way to go for easy mode correct?
Absolutely not, casting has been nerfed a lot, don't use magic for anything besides buffs and utility.
>>
>>322107693
>>322107719
Ok, I guess the spells being required was casuals bitching about the game being too hard. I did hear that during the period where literally everyone on /v/ hated the game as much as they are hating on Undertale now.
>>
>>322106996
Not him, but my problem with the game is that the challenges just aren't fun. I don't feel a sense of accomplishment for beating a hard part of DaS2, I just feel like I want to get it fucking done and over with. As much as I hated Blighttown in DaS1, I felt so fucking good to find that bonfire at the base. And Kellogs was my GIT GUD boss fight and I felt like a boss beating her.

I never felt that sense of accomplishment in DaS2. There were many areas I just wanted to be done with, and many that I either just ran past the enemies or cheesed it with poison arrows. The game focused far too much on multiple enemy encounters, and all of them felt very similar. RRA is the point in the game where I realized just how bad it was. And then Aldia's Keep absolutely cemented it.

>>322107694
I tried a Solaire build, I wasn't a fan of his straight sword.
>>
File: tickled_spooked.webm (3 MB, 966x682) Image search: [Google]
tickled_spooked.webm
3 MB, 966x682
I had no fucking idea what I was doing in 1 and had to use guides for some parts
In 2 I've not really struggled at all, except for the enemy placement in FoFG being bullshit, but apparently I didn't even need to go there
>>
So I put 30 hours into this on release and just got SotFS since I heard that's where all the co-op/pvp is, but I'm having troubles remembering something.

Do I need to talk to that one guy three times to get the Dragon Chime after killing him or does he drop it on the first meeting? I'll probably go kill Darklurker again anyways, but curious.
>>
>>322107287
You should try the claymore if you haven't, the moveset's really fun. If you're after something more different try a melee glass cannon build or a shield only run.
>>
>>322107828
the ring of protection is in the gutter, and you have to repair it for 14k souls everytime you die.
>>
>>322107620
Huh? As far as I'm ware DaS1 only has like three or four empty chests, usually for story reasons.

DaS2 had TONS of useless shit in the way of consumable items. How fucking many "eat me for full health and [effect]" items did we fucking need?
>>
>>322103986
1. Ignore the lock-on mechanic when fighting multiple enemies
>>
>>322107149
>>322107778
There's a ring to halt Soul Memory progression now, for whatever it's worth. It's called Agape Ring if you wanna look it up.
>>
>>322107992
>I tried a Solaire build, I wasn't a fan of his straight sword.

I more of a Claymore type of guy myself. What is your most hated weapon in the game, maybe make a build around that. Personally I always hated spears and daggers.
>>
>>322108072
FoFG is still by far the best place to start out. Bullshit enemy placement and how to deal with it is one of the most important things to learn in this game.
>>
>>322104251
lol at all the autismal dark souls babbies hate replies
>>
>>322108087
Not when I played the game.
There were like 4 in the game I think
One of them in No-Man's Wharf one of them sold by the hex guy.

I dunno. Also repairing cost like 3k or something.
>>
>>322106984
that makes no sense
>>
>>322107024

Pretty sure the only worthless lockstones are in the ratfag areas, which is appropriate since it complicates the area and lays down more traps for other players, not to mention the rewards for being a ratfag are actually infinite lockstones. Everything else has some use.

Besides, all Souls games have aspects of them that were poorly utilized. Lockstones are just a single element of the game.
>>
>>322108342
Well they removed that from SoFTS.
>>
>>322108342
Yeah, that's how it was, it only changed to how the other guy says it is in SOTFS.
>>
File: 1401138600735.jpg (74 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1401138600735.jpg
74 KB, 640x480
>>322107778
>My face when I could not fucking beat Fume Knight and gave up on DaS2
I-I really liked Sunken King...
>>
>>322106984
anon, the starting class doesn't matter...
>>
>>322107778
>>322108164
neat, I'll get it then, thanks
>>
>>322108507
>>322108514
That is a good change then.
Never played SotFS.
>>
>>322106976
why would I be against it if I haven't tried it out?
>>
>>322108628
Why are you retarded
He isn't dual wielding because he chose Swordsman, he chose Swordsman because he wants to dual wield
>>
>>322106984
>If I didn't want dual weapons I wouldn't have picked swordsman.
but you can use dual weapons with any starting class....the starting class doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>322104718
>5. Don't activate the stone in Majula
What? What fucking stone?
>>
>>322108735
Why are you resorting to name calling
To me it sounds like he's confused, so I wanted to clear it up. Fuck off.
>>
>>322108601
I can't beat him solo either. I have to summon people.

According to the wiki and From's stats, he's the hardest boss with 93% failure rate.
>>
>>322108784
When you're going towards Heide's tower, before entering the switch circular room, there's a path to the right with a stone that asks you to join a covenant. It merely makes enemies take less damage and deal more.
>>
>>322108784
The one behind the pathway to Heide's, that puts you in the hard mode covenant.
>>
>>322108735
>he chose Swordsman because he wants to dual wield
and "he" could chose anything else if "he" still wanted to dual wield
>he
>>
>>322108945
>>322108947
Oh, that one... Wait, so I've been doing up to new games+ 4 in hard mode? No wonder shit felt so fucking unfair.
>>
>>322109069
Holy shit, anon. I don't know if I want to believe you or not
>>
>>322109069
>Being a member of this covenant substantially increases the game's difficulty level by making every enemy deal more damage (up to 50% in some cases, especially bosses), have more HP, and have approximately 20% damage resistance (tested on bosses under identical circumstances in SotFS), similar to playing in NG+ or using Bonfire Ascetics, while being in NG and without having to use ascetics at every bonfire. In addition, being in this covenant also disables cooperative play, removing the player's ability to summon anybody, including NPCs. Other players are still able to invade your world. This covenant also increases the range at which enemies will notice you.
>>
>>322109134
I'm fucking serious. Feels like my life is a lie right now.
>>
Here's a tip, if you're going to get summoned know the area and boss well because half the time you will be summoned by morons. You can't fix their retardation, but you will at least know you didn't cause them to die.

>get summoned in blight town
>guy doesn't have purple moss or doesn't know how to use it
>tries to fight all three giants at once
>second time summoned he actually manages to get to quellags but poisoned
>he dies from the poison right as I kill her
>>
>>322109214
>All that
Holy fuck, feel like i fucked up real fucking bad. Like four times.
>>
>>322109224
Pewdiepie did the same thing so it is not like it is so much harder.
>>
File: 1428635158778.jpg (16 KB, 334x367) Image search: [Google]
1428635158778.jpg
16 KB, 334x367
>>322109069
I really hope you're just lying on the internet
>>
>>322109440
>>322109491
I'm seriously not. Better try a new game without joining the covenant. I never looked that shit up.
>>
>>322109224
it also means you never get invaded and the mobs have infinite respawn so take that as you will
>>
>>322109224
Anon, why would you just activate that stone? Surely you know better.
>>
>>322109567
jesus christ

so you have never summoned anyone?
>>
>>322108182
I hate spears and scythes. I've never particularly enjoyed dex builds.
>>
>>322109491
>on the internet
why don't you use that "internet" you speak off and just fucking google it then?
>>
>>322109585
I thought the steam online play was dead.
>>322109648
Never summoned in DS2. Summoned NPC's in DS1 just for the heck of it once in a while.
>>
>>322108161
>1. Ignore the lock-on mechanic when fighting multiple enemies

Am I the only one here who NEVER uses lock-on in ANY of the SoulsBorne games?

I just never found a use for it. The game doesn't auto-aim at the nearest enemy when you are unlocked, so I've never felt any disadvantage or reduced precision from unlocking.

I'd just claw my PS3/360/PS4 controller without ever using lock-on.
>>
>>322110271
Depends entirely on the enemy

For the cleric beast for example I shoot the fucker in the face while being locked on.
No idea how that should work without being locked on.
>>
What are your wishes for Dark Souls 3? From the footage I've seen I'm extremely hyped but I want them to
>re-add weapon scabbards
>add meaningful ng+ content
>>
>>322103986
Wait how does number 15 works? Never used dung pies before.
>>
>>322110639
you can use dung pies to get poisoned.
That makes you more resistant or immune against the stronger toxin poison like the one from the dart assholes.

Not sure exactly because I never tried it but I think that is how it works.
>>
>kill the dogs first
This hit way too close to home
>>
>>322110476
- remove all healing except Estus and perhaps their equivalent of humanity
That's it. All the problems DS2 has, besides the downgrades etc., come down to having infinite healing items. Thus the game is based around you having pretty much infinite Estus and throws hordes of enemies at you.
Areas are just long corridors filled with enemies, since exploration is no longer a function of your remaining Estus charges.
>>
>>322110881
Miyazaki already confirmed that he removed lifegems.
>>
>>322110476
More halberds
>>
>>322106443
Is this like a thrusting sword guy or slashy?

Also your adaptability is fairly terrible, get it to around 25 (about 100 agility I think) and you will notice the difference in rolling/dodging and time reduced using items

Endurance seems like enough unless you want heavy armour (I would suggest medium defense but that's just me) in which case just use a Royal soldiers ring/Dragon ring

A few points into ViGoR, some bosses/enemies could one hit kill you

If it means anything, I'm using a Pate Spear build with;
>12 VGR (gonna put some more in)
>25 END
>21 VIT
>40 STR
>40 DEX
>26 ADP
and it is crazy fun, not too bad with PVP either, the extra reach and the charge move catch people off guard.
>>
I have both the lock on options disabled and still when i lock on it spazzes out continuously switching if there's multiple targets, even on the same enemy like the giant. What the fuck is shit? Is there no way to fix it?
>>
>>322110749
I thought all toxicity had a fixed damage, like 50 damage per second. Gonna try to test it out later in blighttown.
>>
>>322103986
Reverse both 3 and 4 for DaS2.
>>
File: tada.jpg (70 KB, 611x799) Image search: [Google]
tada.jpg
70 KB, 611x799
>>322103986
yeah there at least 2 but I am not gonna spoonfeed ya
now continue to shitpost fuckheads
>>
File: GUTSMANS_ASS_by_dmy_gfx.png (25 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
GUTSMANS_ASS_by_dmy_gfx.png
25 KB, 400x400
Any tips on aava for a low SM guy?

I'm already at 95k and intend to clear the game like this, but aava is kicking my shit in way too hard

Using a greatsword +10, ruin armor and leggings. No shield. All stats at base save for STR and the one for equip load

Summons would be appreciated
>>
>>322109224
You were warned multiple times by the rock itself, what did you expect?
>>
>>322111506
Help?
>>
>>322112476
Are you using a mouse? Also, is this dark souls 1 or 2
>>
>>322112185

Don't try healing unless he summons the ice crystals or you're really far, because he's great at closing the distance.

Attack his sides or his rear but don't get cocky because he swipes quickly.

Whenever he summons ice from the ground is the best chance to whack at him but don't do it until after some crystals already came up. Pretty sure they're always spread out somewhat evenly.
>>
>>322108784
He means the covenant of champions
Victors stone
>my first time I activated it and was okay for most of the early game no summons
Wasn't so bad
>>
>>322112601
No, gamepad, DaS2.
>>
What's the meta for SL and soul memory? I just want to be at a range so I can maximize jolly co-op. Helping others is too much fun.
>>
File: 1448728963212.gif (104 KB, 300x136) Image search: [Google]
1448728963212.gif
104 KB, 300x136
>>322112676
>don't try healing unless...

Almost all attacks 2-shot me. The leaping attack kills me regardless of what shield I use. I HAVE to heal

>attack the sides or rear

That implies I can get there with the ridiculous tracking

>summoning ice from the ground

Are there supposed to be icicles? I see nothing, just spots on the ground

I don't mean to be a crybaby but I am pretty damn salty
>>
>>322110881
How are lifegems different from DeS having the farmable grasses? Aside from having a modicum of mobility with the former?
>>
>>322113006
Not him, but

>2-shot

That's how it should be for almost every boss.
Get hit once, find the time and place to heal, then get back in.
>>
Does scholars have all the dlc?
>>
>>322113250
What I meant to say is that I'm left with roughly 10% or less of my health

Ergo I can't even guard, but rolling through attacks is also a fucking joke with low agility. I either risk a sip or die anyway
>>
File: 1449183531865.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1449183531865.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>322106105
>>
File: 1386723107546.png (35 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1386723107546.png
35 KB, 700x700
>>322113453
That's just your usual lagstabber. Not a hitbox issue
>>
>>322106780
>I never played the game new game++ or higher

Res gets really useful on higher new game plus modes.
>>
>>322113432
I personally don't ever bother with ADP, but I never got Sunken or Ivory, so I'm not one to talk.
Just keep at it, mate. It'll click eventually.
>>
>farmed the Heide Knight armor on my holy knight build because I wanted to be a Teutonic Knight
>people just think I'm trying to do Solaire cosplay
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 398x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 398x439
>>322113995
How?
>>
>>322113453
Should have praised the sun faggot.
>>
File: NOW SHUT UP.jpg (36 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
NOW SHUT UP.jpg
36 KB, 800x600
>>322107603
>>322107349
>>
>>322113303

Yes. Except the shitty preorder weapons are available from Wellager.
>>
Can we all agree that DaS2's poster armor is better than DaS1's ?

It just looks so good.
>>
>>322113453
SHUT UP DONT MAKE FUN OF DARK SOULS IT WAS THE MOST PERFECT FLAWLESS GAME EVER FUCK YOU DARK SOULS 2 IS SHIT
>>
>>322114409
Nah, I've put more hours into DS2 than 1, but even I think the poster armor of the first is better than the second.

Fluted Armor is still GOAT
>>
>>322114249

The skybox doesn't show that, although that's clearly what they were going for considering it's partially into a giant rock anyways.
>>
>>322114409
fuck elite knight, fuck faraam, alva armor and generic knight is where its at. generic knoight even gets a fucking sleeping bag
>>
>>322106396
>die a ton of times to the first black knights
>beat them
>parry the shit out of the rest, and Gwyn
He's not wrong.
>>
Anyone have shockwaves.webm?
>>
>>322114531
which shock waves you want senpai? i got shit tons for every souls game
>>
>>322104251
The first game wont work on my setup, instructions unclear
>>
>>322114629
All of them.
>>
>>322114629
the ones that fuck phil's shit up
>>
>>322114195
Enemies do constantly more damage each new game + iteration after ng++ armor, even when fully upgraded starts offering less damage resistance. Increasing resistance increases your base defense and also raises your poison defence. Makes later ng+ modes a lot more bearable.
>>
>dual wield swordsman
>both weapons so weak have to fully combo enemies to kill
>sometimes you run out of stamina and they're still not dead and you can't roll away from their counterattacks
How do I deal with this? Raising stamina or doing smaller combos/running away?
>>
>>322114916
stop wasting all your stamina on chains
>>
>>322114916
Let me guess you're still using the scimitar and straight sword? Get falchions, they produce bleed damage and scale much better with dex then the other weapons do. You can also do ice rapier to if you wanna be a pvp meme build.
>>
>>322114763
>>322114770
well shit i cant find them give me a mintue
>>
I want to use a scythe. Any tips on what class/build to go for for that?
>>
>>322114784
Don't you get that boost from just levelling in general?
And poison resistance is pretty worthless anyway.
>>
>>322115580
Not that I've noticed if there is it's probably soft capped like everything else. resistance makes a big difference though.
>>
>>322114916
Don't spend all your stamina if he's gonna survive. Just roll away, take a breather for a second, and get back in there.
>>
File: dark souls golem wtf.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark souls golem wtf.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>322114763
>>322114770
>>
This.

Dark Souls 2 is a waste of time.
>>
>>322116098
What in the fuck?
>>
>>322113739
>your usual lagstabber
I like the way you use this phrase. It shifts the blame away from the game itself by making it seem like some else's doing.
>>
File: 1445297430032.png (2 MB, 908x6408) Image search: [Google]
1445297430032.png
2 MB, 908x6408
>>322114409
Heck no, there are many reasons why it is inferior both in an aesthetic manner and it's roll as cover armour.
1. The armor parts look like plastic.
2. You find it halfway through the game.
3. IF you find it since it's not only locked behind a door in a dangerous room but also under the room through a collapsible hole in the ground.
4. All the Emotes show no Faraam but instead Alva's armour, which you can not only get much earlier but fits the classic 'knight' look.
5. I'm done please pay attention to me.
>>
>>322116780
Never played on pc with framerate unlocked?
The game does a lot of weird shit at 60fps.
>>
>>322116923
That's exactly correct.
>>
>>322117107
Okay.
>>
>>322117038
Only ever noticed the barrelkicker dying as soon as it starts rolling.
>>
>>322116923
>someone turns their router off then on
>all online activity comes to a brief halt, players now stand still
>backstab
>when things are back online the backstab is registered

It's not the game's fault, it's something caused by the connection exploits

If you're gonna shitpost at least make sure you know what you're talking about
>>
>>322106443
https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls2/36256

Assuming you want to keep at 150 and try-hard a bit with the rob-flynn. The peasant gear has a hidden bonus of agility at the cost of int.
>>
>>322117360
I ain't never had nobody lag stab me in Halo. Sounds like a problem with the game to me.
>>
>>322117281
Is that not supposed to happen? I think it happens in Lost Bastille as well.
>>
>>322116952
yeah the alva set is much better, idk why they didn't use that in the promotional art.
>>
>>
>>322117695
pretty sure we're talking DaS 1 with DSfix. Supposedly a lot of weird shit can happen when you run it at >30 fps like dying from sliding down ladders.
>>
>>322117038
I can confirm that this particular thing happens even on consoles haha, it's pretty funny looking. More bosses should throw you off building imo, shit is the best
>>
>>322106443

You can stop leveling your END, most people reach 20 and stop; you can also stop leveling STR unless you want to start using some of those weapons; start leveling your VIG, VIT and ADP, they will help you survive longer.
>>
>>322110271
I take it off when fighting big monsters, but I still use it for small humanoid enemies because I can't aim for shit.
>>
What level should I get my ADP at?
>>
What weapon/class should I be if I want to be Guts?
>>
>>322119005
How many spellslots do you want?
How much endurance do you got?
>>
>>322119209
I think I want to settle on 4 slots and 20 END, since the latter is what people usually say is enough.

I'm doing a Heide Knight Lance run.
>>
>>322119005
I've managed pretty well at 20 ADP, gives you 96 Agility, should be slightly better due to Attunement.
>>
>>322119483
That is perfect for 20 adp.
you get the maximum amount of poise and 100 agility

You can go for 34 but that is absolute maximum and I would only recommend it if you don't need anything else.
>>
>>322119719
>>322119898
Cool, thanks for the advice anons!
>>
Guys any help at all on the autolockon issue?

I disabled both options in the options but when there's two or more enemies in the proximity, my lock on keeps spazzing out and continuously switches between them all even when I'm not moving the gamepads sticks at all. The worst offender of this was when I fought the last giant and the lockon kept switching between his various parts and I had to beat him without it. Also egregious, when I tried to snipe one of the bomb throwers in the window of that castly place and the lockon kept switching between him and an enemy on the ground. Seriously what the fuck?
>>
>>322120390
That sounds like a controller issue?
Have you tried unplugging the controller.
>>
>>322117817

Except for the infinite stamina, I love everything about the drakekeepers. Great armor, GOAT weapons, simple but recognizable aesthetic, and pretty fun as far as large humanoids go.
>>
>>322121029
Hmm, I guess I could try that.
>>
>>322111818
>yeah there at least 2 but I'm a lazy faggot that won't post them
>>
>>322117683
You can lag switch in pretty much any game that has peer-to-peer connections. I used to get people doing it all the time in Street Fighter IV.

It's not exclusive to Dark Souls.
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.